HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private misty hollow nights

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by King Joffrey Baratheon, Jan 25, 2018.

1. King Joffrey Baratheon

King Joffrey Baratheon A Song of Ice and Fire

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    January 13th
    @Azura

At long last, Joffrey was growing more confident about travelling across this wretched land, even if he could never consider it as particularly pleasant. Having his possession not stolen and being attacked by monsters though was definitely an improvement that the so called trains made possible. The drawback was that he had to spent many hours in a tight space with common folk and all the other types that roamed in this place, but such predicament was sadly unavoidable. Why did those parts of the world enjoyed the mixing of different people, he would never understand.

But the trip had been safe and his stay in Misty Hollow uneventful, for the most part. Joffrey despised the town; perhaps more so than Pandora Town, given its ghastly appearance and its superstitions and legends, but he had to admit that it had its uses. He could not imagine a better place that specialized in forging metals and wood curving, which interested the ex King. The weapons made in Misty Hollow were stronger and better than those he could find in the desert establishment.

His trade had been succesful, offering jewels in exchange for swords and daggers and Joffrey had returned to one of the better inns the town had, which wasn't saying much. But at least the food was decent, the place was clean and it had some luxuries that Joffrey was unfamiliar with, but where prominent in bigger towns such as this one. Electric power, strange looking but comfortable baths, starknet connection. And yet, as the hours went by, Joffrey was growing bored. Thus he had asked about ways to entertain oneself in this miserable place and someone had mentioned performers.

Dancing women. He was not opposed to the idea, though he might have preferred something more ridiculously funny. But there were no comedians to be found in Misty Hollow, so he made arrangements for a woman to perform in front of him, hoping that it would alleviate his boredom somewhat. He had asked from the man in the front desk to show the performer to his room when she would arrive and went upstairs to prepare. The room was painfully small for his tastes, but there would be enough space for the dancer to show her art.

2. Azura

Azura Guest

Azura walked up to the room she was told to. While on the stairs, she had butterflies in her stomach. Yes, she'd been a freelance dancer and songstress since she came to Pandora. She'd performed for big events in Pandora, she often practiced with others on routines they'd make up, and she wasn't new to performing in private. But the problem always was the fact anyone she was sent to entertain with her voice and dance would expect, well, more. In Cascade Bay it wasn't as bad, but a ton of barbaric-minded people frequented the places in Misty Hollow where Azura would publicly and even hired her as entertainment.

After she'd made her way to the hallway with the room she'd been ordered to perform in. She even then had doubts, and had almost turned around and just demanded they refund the customer, though ultimately she hoped maybe someone just preferred the fine arts over a magic show or one of the cheesy quartet groups. She'd nothing against the elderly gentlemen expressing themselves through song, though she'd be lying to herself if she said they were quality entertainment. She walked up to the door, and gave it a good knock.

"Hello? I am Azura. You ordered entertainment in song and dance?" She said just loud enough so whoever was on the other side could've heard her. "This is the room of..." Azura paused for a second, looked down at the details the inn manager wrote down. "...King Joffrey Baratheon." She finished. Azura had looked at a clipboard in her hand, reading under the name of the client again and had noticed a note under it:

'The customer prefers being recognized by his royal status as King. Make sure you don't forget to call him that, Azura. And also, remember this time to ask the client if they want you to bend water in your performance. We can't have someone freaking out over magical powers again.'

3. King Joffrey Baratheon

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    Joffrey certainly did not enjoy opening his own door, but it was something he had to get used to otherwise no doors would ever open for him in this realm. He stoop up at the sound of the woman's voice and was rather content she had addressed him as King. Thus he opened in the door with a relatively normal expression, his green eyes inspecting the other.

She looked positively exotic and how he had pictured a dancer to look. In Westeros she would draw quite the attention with those blue hair of hers and everyone would assume she came from the barbaric cities of Essos, but Joffrey had met many odd people fellows across Pandora. However, she was really easy on the eyes no matter her unusualness, which made him feel at ease. He certainly did not enjoy looking at hideous people for long.

'It is. I am him.' he said and gestured her to come inside. He looked a bit plain for a king, but that was the fate of someone staying away from his kingdom for long. Still, his shirt had the same color as his hair, his boots were made from leather and he had a variety of weapons inside the room. He sat in one of the two chairs that were in the room and looked at her with interest, but nothing too intense or obscene. She was old enough to be called a woman, which was preferable than having a little girl. They could get too emotional for his liking. Still, there was something about her face that betrayed a certain innocence that let him feeling slightly uncomfortable. Like finding a flower too pure to cut down. 'You may begin.' he said after a while, even adding an encouraging note in his voice. He could, as his sister had mentioned,behave properly, especially around ladies, when he wanted to. Provided his mood would not drastically alter, which depended to happen from time to time.

Azura likes this.
  4. Azura

Azura Guest

"O-of course, your Majesty." The songstress had calmly replied, and even gave an elegant and poised curtsy. "If you don't mind, my king - just sit down and enjoy the dances and songs I have to offer. Get your mind off of anything that is a thorn to your heart." She suggested, her voice had even kept it's calm demeanor. She knew that reading her audience was important for any performance.
    Azura had closed her eyes, as she started to close her eyes. She lifted her arms up slowly, and soon followed with her nimble arms making movements as if it was like she had been weaving.

She had proceeded to sing a ballad she'd learned from others who appreciated the art of performing song and dance. She had made sure he movements, while basic, were elegant and fluid. Her hair and skirt had moved in a near-perfect rhythm. Since it had been a basic routine for Azura, she did know the choreography to the slightest step and the highest note. She danced a few steps forward toward Joffrey, but then had spun back after she had gotten close enough to the young man for them to have locked eyes for a moment.

"♪ Spring is in the air with scent of cherry blossom in the glen. Whispering a prayer, saying bring our heroes safely home again. ♪" She finished in an operatic flair. "And that was a song I learned recently in this realm. 'Somewhere Far Away', if I am remembering the name right. The dance was my own basic choreography." She'd let a deep breath in. Azura had hoped the king had enjoyed her little dance - and now possibly wanting to throw a few requests at her. That was, if he planned on having her perform more.

#4 Azura, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2018
  5. King Joffrey Baratheon

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    It was no easy thing for Joffrey to relax and stay that way for long, but he had to admit that the woman was doing her work well. He liked her demeanor and behavior before she started her performance, so he was more willing to remain well behaved. And as she carried on, he found himself impressed with her voice and movements. She had more talent than many that stayed in the court and had performed for him, so it was only reasonable that he would be surprised by her, as he watched with evident interest.

Were he weaker man the song would have brough a tear or two in his eyes and he could already picture women sobbing at the lyrics. Joffrey had to face the reality of war the moment he ascended on the throne and while it had its moments of glory, it could often be a frustrating and messy ordeal. But the songs never spoke of the endless discussions, betrayals and plans that were part of war; only the battles and the triumphant victories. It was a reality that Joffrey preferred though, similar to his father, despite not having participated in many battles.

But the performer did not need to know that. Joffrey graced her with a smile and a clap of his hands when she finished, appearing quite pleased, which was at best a demanding task to achieve. 'You are very good. Many singers and dancers in my realm would be envy of your talent and looks.' he stated. 'I would like to hear one of the songs from my kingdoms, but noone seem to know them here. But please, do more. Do what you like.' he added and made a gesture with his hand, to urge her to continue.

6. Azura

Azura Guest

"I am honored to hear you say that, my king. If you want a performance from me containing any song from where you hail, I'd be honored to try. But, maybe you could tell me of your home, if you'd like. I'd offer to talk about my home, but, it had just recently gotten better after a crazy war broke out, with almost every noble, soldier, and even some civilians wanting to claim all the land." Azura offered.

For too long Azura had either just isolated herself on purpose from most in Pandora. It was bold of her to stop performing to either learn a new song or even learn of the young king's own lands. She had even noticed Joffrey's sword sheathe, and wondered if maybe, just maybe, he came from a world like hers. Even his guard detail was much like what she had back home - not bearing any guns or technology most other people in Pandora found 'normal'. But either way, even if he declined, she could tell herself she tried to be a bit more social (and hopefully NOT drive him away.)

"Or I could go back to trying to perform! I meant no disrespect to someone of such importance...! Damn, here I go again." She swore in a calm and elegant flare. "Sorry. I should probably get back to doing my job. I'll even take the charge off your tab, my lord. I have no right to just snap like that..." The Songstress had felt so awkward, though her dignity had commanded to put on her false facade back on. She had started humming and bide her time to segue into a new song and routine, though she was unable to fix her face that had blushed of embarrassment.

7. King Joffrey Baratheon

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    Joffrey raised an eyebrow when the girl begun describing her home. It sounded awfully familiar and he had to wonder if she came from Westeros, but if that had been the case she would have known pretty well who he was and what had happened to his kingdoms, as well as the Rains of Castamere.

Though afterwards her demeanor changed and Joffrey's expression turned to a curious one, sincerely wondering what had bothered her. She was very polite, which he approved of, though it was not a trait that was in abundance in neither this land or his own. It made him feel slightly uncomfortable as well, but he could not help but feel a hint of sorrow for the woman. So he stood up and approached her, looking at her with as much sympathy he could master. 'It is alright. My land was torn apart from war as well, as imposters rose to claim my throne. I know how cruel and merciless war can be, especially for women.'
    he said, remembering the news about raping and pillaging that circulated in the court and what the angry mob of King's Landing had done. He had always preferred peace, albeit one based on the might of armies, which he had supported many times from his throne, regardlessif some traitors had accused him of starting the war.

'Relax. I can order a drink for you. I do not wish to see ladies upset.' he added. The sentiment was true, since she had shown lady like qualities, unlike the traitor bitches of the court. So what if she was a singer and a dancer? He found that he preferred her for company at the moment.

#7 King Joffrey Baratheon, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018