HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Moana 3:16

Discussion in 'Myrtle Beach and the Shimmering Sea' started by Moana, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Moana

Moana Moana

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @King Joffrey Baratheon

January 4th

For what felt like the millionth time since she had learned about her people’s true nature (And about the 1000th time since she had arrived on Pandora’s golden shores, she cursed the fact that she was never taught how to make a raft….If she had maybe she would have set up on the seas of Pandora a long time ago….

Maybe it wouldn’t have taken her months to build a semi-working boat, But Moana was not the type of person to feel daunted by a task or back down even when she was way over her head. So, of course, she was more than a little confident that she had this on lock….

Problem being; that creating a seaworthy boat was a lot more complicated than one might think. A lot of factors went into it, choosing a fair and usable collection of legs, finding a thick and cumbersome rope strong enough to hold them all in place, making sure they never once let in water.So many factors that Moana had to learn on the fly.

But she put the work in, her hands were coarse and scrapped from being waterlogged and rope burns, and now she felt ready to test out her boat. Moana sat there in front of the vessel her large brown eyes watching it as it bobbed merrily on the sand bank willing herself the courage to push it off

It was going to work; it WILL work. It HAD to.

Nodding to herself hoping to assure herself that, that was the case before she lightly pushed off the boat and watched with pure white hope in her heart as the tide took the wooden boat it’s embrace and sent it out to sea

“Come on…..Come on” It’s going to float, it’s going to float” Moana muttered to herself like a mantra as if chanting this would invoke some ancient magic that would send the boat on its merry way….

….and it worked.

..For about thirty seconds before water forced its way on its desk and dragged it all the way like Moana’s hopes.

Back to the drawing board….

With a heavy, pregnant sigh Moana was about to drag whatever she could save from the water before a noise startled her.

She wasn’t alone…

#1 Moana, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. King Joffrey Baratheon

King Joffrey Baratheon A Song of Ice and Fire

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    Travelling with peasants inside a sliver box with wheels was not Joffrey's idea of fun, but if he wanted to reach Misty Hollow he had to endure it. He did not trust the portals made by the sorcerers from travelling, even if he had heard that they were much faster than taking the 'clockwork bus'. There was definitely no chance in the world that he would use one of the metal birds called planes, so his options included mingling with a crowd of every farmer, soldier and worker in this wretched land.

To top his misery and frustration, the clockwork bus had suffered some issues that had forced them to make a stop near Pandora's sea until it was repaired. Joffrey was annoyed at first at the stupid delay, but he soon found himself relieved to be breathing fresh air mixed with the smell of exotic plants and fruits that grew in the beach. He was not as fond of the endless sand, but after living in the desert, he had grown used to it.

He decided to take a walk on the beachside as he waited, enjoying the breeze that was ruffling his sun kissed hair and the sun warming his body. At first, he saw no signs of life besides the fish in the water and he proceeded to throw rocks at them, aiming to hit them, but soon after he found himself in front of a rustic scene, as a young woman was trying to release a pile of wood at the sea. He knew it was a raft of sorts, but coming from King's Landing with its own large ships and battle armadas, it really did look a pile of wood in his eyes.

Another savage. How fascinating, he thought, rolling his eyes in the process. Still, he approached the young woman, if only to pass his time making fun of her simple ways. 'Don't you know that rafts are suited for rivers, where there are no large waves to turn them upside down and drown those who are in them? You need a boat, silly girl.' he told her with an amused smile in his face. These primitive people were funny, at least.

#2 King Joffrey Baratheon, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Moana likes this.
  3. Moana

Moana Moana

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    A sharp and somewhat grating voice greeted Moana’s ears as she turned on her heels and spun around in the direction of the voice, with a small frown from how harsh it sounded -needlessly so- and Moana’s naturally brown eyes locked on the upturned nose and the strange paleness (Moana could never truly get her head around this conception, surely being so pale couldn’t be healthy right? What manner of illness were these people infected with). A frown comes across Moana’s lips as she took in the strangely dressed pale boy’s words and then back to her pathetic mess of a raft, ruined by the fast current of the beach, true she didn’t particularly enjoy being called silly…

...but an idea came to her

“If you know boats so well maybe, we can make one together!”

4. King Joffrey Baratheon

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    He did not like the way she looked at him, but at the very least she seemed be looking at her raft with some disappointment and that could only mean that she agreed with him. Joffrey could not help but like that, especially since it was quite rare in this place. Her suggestion though caused him to practically gape in surprise. He had not expected it in the slightest, so he stared at the girl as if she was another species altogether. But soon after, he settled for a less confused look. It did not do well to appear clueless or affected, even in front of a young lady who did not know about boats.

Truthfully, neither did Joffrey. He had seen them and sailed in them, but had never bothered to inquire how they were made or insignificant details like those. He was someone who had been given what he could ever need since he was a child so he had not been much curious about how the things he had came to be, as long as they pleased him.

'Do I look like a fisherman? I was a King in my realm. I had more important things to do than build boats with strange girls.' he scoffed. 'I had my subjects make me warships. Though I do not expect you to know what those are.' he continued in the same dismissive tone. Though something in him prevented him for being too harsh with the stranger. He did not really knew her and she had no insulted him, at least not without being aware of it. 'But even so, I cannot show unkindness to someone who seems so ignorant. You need to built a vessel with this shape.' he said, his hands forming a triangle. 'That is the only way to overcome those large waves.' he added. That he knew of, but he would not admit that.

5. Moana

Moana Moana

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    While Moana didn’t know all that much about the crafting of decent rafts -Which was hardly a surprise considering her father did everything he could to make sure any knowledge of her people’s traditions were kept a mystery from her, in a perfect world she would have learned how to craft an ideal raft before she fully mastered the act of walking.

But it wasn’t a perfect world. Far from it, So Moana had to make do with what she had….

A bunch of wet longs and a strange pale boy who was staring at her with a mix of both disgust and confusion.

Once the boy asked her if he looked like a fisherman, Moana chewed the question for a moment, -Her culture not introduced to the concept of sarcasm “Um” Moana looked the boy over for a moment before shaking her hand “I don’t think so, if you were your hands would be rougher and not so……” Moana struggled for the words squinting her eyes at the boys small, hands that looked like they haven’t been worked a day in his life “Dainty”. Moana made a slight gesture with her hands showing them off, strong and muscular. Compared to Joff’s hands.. “What’s a king…?” Moana asked tilting her head curiosity “...And I’m sorry if I’m distracted you...what better things do you have to do?” Moana asked legitimately curious

“'But even so, I cannot show unkindness to someone who seems so ignorant.”

Now it was Moana’s turn to look insulted, not understanding what she did or why this boy felt the need to call her ignorant, but she was willing to put that aside once she gave her advice that sounded reasonable

She shot her boat a look noting it’s rounded bottom and the waves it was meant to overcome….

“That makes sense” She noted with a nod her eyes narrowed in determination “Ok, let's do it, I’ll go collect more rope, and let me know if you find any logs in the forest over there…”

6. King Joffrey Baratheon

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    Joffrey reacted with a dismissive gesture at her comments about his hands. A King had no need to resemble a peasant. But deep down her words had hurt him because his father had been strong and big in his youth, as a proper, fearsome warrior should have. Later he became slow and fat, but Joffrey had never been particularly muscular, though he was tall and had golden hair as bright as the sun. He did not always appreciate his appearance given the lack of masculinity, that had become a reason to make jokes about him. But she did not say any jokes, thus he was willing to forget the topic altogether.

'Ha! You must live in a very savage place to not know what a King is.' he said instead, both irritated and amused. He had met many in this land that did not recognize him as their ruler, but fewer would not understand the meaning of the word King. 'I was in charge of the Seven Kingdoms. Ruling them. But I am far away from my Kingdoms now.' he added a tad angrily. He would never grow to like his situation in this place but he had accepted it nonetheless.

He seemed content she had agreed with him about the boat, but his face fell when she mentioned him looking for logs. Was he a lumberjack now? He exhaled deeply but since he had already given her advice about the boat, he could not abandon her. Not yet at least. Perhaps he should not have been so merciful but it did leave him with an interesting feeling that he had not experienced for a long time, since he was rarely kind or helpful. It did not stop him from muttering curses and looking less than enthused as he walked towards the green.

'Yes, there are logs in the forest.' he yelled after a while, his voice dripping sarcasm as he waited for the girl to come. He had no intention on carrying them all on his own.

#6 King Joffrey Baratheon, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018