HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete Morhall Will Not Fall!!!

Discussion in 'Morhall' started by King Ezekiel, Dec 27, 2017.

1. King Ezekiel

King Ezekiel The Walking Dead

Zookeeper
    Race:
    Wizard(ish). Werelion(ish).
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Tag: @Bellamy Blake.
    Date: 1st December, Year 7.

[​IMG]

Ezekiel was sat at a large walnut desk, Shiva stretched out in front of his feet. He had positioned her strategically, so anybody approaching the desk from the front or sides would not see her lying underneath. It was impossible to approach him from behind because of the wall at his back.

Shiva let out a disgruntled growl in the hushed quiet of his private office in the Tabularium, prompting him to gently tap the sage eagle head of his sword cane against the desk so she would once more fall silent.

It had taken many a day to train her in anticipation of his exchange with the leader of a most uncouth band of knaves and scoundrels. He had even enlisted the assistance of his faithful steward, Jimmy, and stalwart knight, Rupert, who had pretended to threaten and intimidate him, while he kept Shiva quiet and still until he called upon her might. One might think he shared some manner of supernatural connection with his companion, telepathy mayhap, but in fact, they were only glimpsing hours upon hours of painstaking training and preparation.

Lack of realism. Sorcery. That was precisely the impression he wished to convey this day. Should words alone fail to inspire Negan’s rogues to leave Morhall, he would frighten them off without resorting to violence and bloodshed. Ezekiel was not just a king in a play, but a stage magician. He would pull back the silk curtain of his magic box to reveal a fearsome tiger in place of a beautiful woman.

Ezekiel looked the part of both king and magician in his gaudy elegant jewellery, a feather tucked in among his iron gray dreadlocks. He was sat upon a chair with wide arms and a tall, narrow back, reminiscent of thrones of old. The top of his desk was cluttered with props complementing his role as mage and royalty. There were thick, leather bound tomes on potion making and spell craft piled high, as well as quills and blank swathes of parchment.

He had a computer hidden away in one of the sturdy wooden cupboards at the back of the earthen room. Ezekiel prayed that Bellamy Blake of the Saviors would join him soon, so he could swiftly deal with him and then see if anybody on social media had commented on his festive picture of Shiva yet.

Template thanks to Steel.

#1 King Ezekiel, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    He didn't suspect a thing.

Not that Bellamy was oblivious to the trouble one of his Saviors had caused as of late. It wasn't the first time either. Negan had been quick to deal with it then, and Bellamy had been no different now. They were punished. If it was severe enough, they were banished from Morhall entirely and told not to come back. They didn't have a place here anymore. Most recently, that had been the case with a rogue Savior, so to speak, who had been fooling around just enough to hurt somebody. Badly. Fucking idiots, some of them were.

But when he'd been asked to a meeting with Ezekiel, he didn't know what to think. Hell, maybe he was finally pissed that Bellamy wasn't ever gonna acknowledge the 'King' part of his name. There were no kings in Morhall.

Knocking out of sheer politeness first, Bellamy pushed open the door to Ezekiel's private quarters, and there was the man himself predictably sat behind his desk, though he wasn't sure he'd ever seen this room before. The chair he was sat in with its tall back and wide nature was like the pictures of the old thrones he'd seen growing up on the Ark.

This guy took himself seriously. A little too seriously. What a goddamn joke.

Still, Bellamy kept his thoughts on the level of ego King Ezekiel must have had entirely to himself as he moved further into the room, pulling his hands behind his back as though standing at attention. A call back to his days as a soldier, maybe.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

Nancy Whitman and King Ezekiel like this.
  3. King Ezekiel

Zookeeper
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

A knock came upon the door of his room. Hidden under the desk, Shiva bared her teeth, but remained silent, as she had been painstakingly taught.

Ezekiel drew himself up in his seat, watching solemnly as Bellamy Blake of the Saviors entered his office and stood politely in front of him. Fancy a courteous young man like that being the substitute leader of such a vicious band of scoundrels!

“Indeed,” the good king replied in a voice of stone and iron, pausing to consider his next words.

He had dearly wanted to give the Saviors a second chance in this realm, particularly now that they lacked the tyrant, Negan, among their ranks, but the latest case of violence had shown him that none of them had changed their spots. How did he express such sentiments sensitively?

“Have you ever heard of the story of the Scorpion and the Frog?” he asked Bellamy, settling on a a fable that perfectly encapsulated the situation.

“There was once a scorpion,” Ezekiel began, using the voice of a seasoned thespian. “Who asked a frog to carry her across a stream upon his olive back, but he was frightened of being stung by the scorpion. Eventually, she managed to convince the frog to bear her by arguing that if she were to sting him, then they would both drown.

“They got halfway across the stream, before the scorpion stung him. As the poisoned frog started to sink, he begged to know why she had broken her oath, dooming the both of them. A wave was just tumbling down upon their heads when the frog heard the scorpion reply, voice as dark and viscous as oil: “Because it is in my nature to sting.”

4. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    As little as he knew what to expect from this meeting, the very moment he saw the look on Ezekiel’s face, he knew it wasn’t gonna be good. He knew nothing about this was going to be easy or simple. But what was it really about? His gut told him he already knew, but he wanted to hear him out first, give him the benefit of the doubt.

Predictably, he wasn’t straightforward in addressing the issue. Ezekiel never had been the most straightforward kind of guy, if Bellamy had learned anything. He liked riddles and fables, things that threw people off, gave them pause to think. Bellamy didn’t need to think hard. Hell, Ezekiel had gotten about halfway through his little story and the young man was already positive he knew exactly what this was all about.

“... And you think I’m the scorpion,” Bellamy finally concluded once Ezekiel had finished his tale, voice laced with a vicious edge that had the potential to make the young leader’s blood boil. His gut instinct had been right. “This is about my people.”

Could he say he was surprised? No. Not with recent events, but he’d handled them and he had trusted that Morhall would trust him to continue to do that. They always had in the past and the incidents hadn’t been many in the grand scheme of things. That didn’t make the most recent violent act any less impactful, though, despite the fact that the person responsible had been thrown out of Morhall personally by Bellamy himself.

King Ezekiel likes this.
  5. King Ezekiel

Zookeeper
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Ezekiel answered him with a small nod of his chin, his chocolate pools brown eyes aglow with sympathy. Indeed. All Saviors were scorpions.

“But are these people really your own?” Ezekiel asked him, his voice soft and kind, but reinforced by an undertone of steel. A grandfather questioning the decisions of his young son. Is it a wise idea to join in with that rowdy group of older boys? Are you sure you won't get hurt by them? “You are not from Negan's home realm. Is that correct?”

He paused to tilt his head at young Bellamy, his gaze becoming as hard as iron. “Are you aware that the Saviors forced my Kingdom, as well as our allies to provide them with a percentage of our hard earned provisions? That Negan used to execute anybody who refused to obey him by stoving in their skulls with a baseball bat?”

Ezekiel tightened his grip on his sword stick, struggling to keep his breathing steady, the memories causing a great fire to flare into life within his chest. Hidden beneath the desk, Shiva sensed his upset, twitching her ears and letting out a low growl… Which he disguised with a controlled cough and clearing of his throat.

“Please excuse such discourtesy,” he said, coughing quietly into his forearm. “I fear that I am catching some manner of fell influenza.”

Bellamy Blake likes this.
  6. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Bellamy didn’t give him a direct answer as far as where he came from, but anybody who’s done even the smallest bit of research knew the truth. He wasn’t from Negan’s world. Instead, he was from his own place of hardship.

It wasn’t the first time Negan and his supposed crimes of the past had been brought up. The first time, Bellamy hadn’t believed them. Maybe it had something to do with the predicament that group responsible in Misty Hollow had placed him in and whatever amount of bitterness remained. This second time, though, rose questions.

They weren’t question Bellamy would entertain, though. Because none of it mattered.

Hands dropping from behind his back, Bellamy gave the older man the time he needed to control his cough before he spoke up again. “I’m hearing a lot about Negan,” he told him. “But you said it yourself. I’m not from his world. And whatever happened between you, I’m not him.” Would that be enough, though? It wasn’t news that Bellamy’s last in Pandora alone was controversial, what with his previous involvement in Providence and in anti-nonhuman sentiments.

Was this when it all came to bite him in the ass?

King Ezekiel likes this.
  7. King Ezekiel

Zookeeper
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

“No,” Ezekiel agreed, eyeing Bellamy thoughtfully. “You may not claim that you are Negan, but would the others so readily renounce him?”

He paused to consider his own question, before coloring his voice with a shade of weary regret: “I have tried to forget the past, to have faith in these New Saviors of Morhall. While they have indeed improved the kingdom, I have also witnessed them, like the scorpion of the story, stinging innocent people time and time again.”

Ezekiel could not resist doing a stabbing motion in time to his words, mimicking the pitiless flick of a scorpion’s wicked tail.

“I have summoned you here to make a request... A request purely my own. This discussion is not known among the rest of the Cursus Honorum,” he said softly, his hands now motionless in his lap. “You must no longer live under the banner of a vicious tyrant. In Morhall, we are one kingdom, not many. Disband the Saviors however you see fit. All of you may continue to live in Morhall, providing that not one ever raises their tail in aggression again.”

He fell silent, anticipating an adverse reaction from Bellamy.

8. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

Silence followed, but it was clear from the chilling stillness on Bellamy’s face as he stared back at the other man that these weren’t the words he wanted to hear. He was talking about his people, people he had dealt with when he’d had to. And he had. Every step of the way.

“Nobody’s living under the banner of a vicious tyrant. I am the leader of these people, people who trust me. We’ve had troublemakers and I’ve handled them. Every time,” he told him, his voice considerably calm despite the anger he could feel welling up inside of his chest. “You can’t look at me and tell me you’ve never had any ordinary Morhall citizen step out of line. I know my people. The New Saviors are not going to agree to this bullshit.”

He paused, knowing he let that insult slip.

"With all due respect, Your Highness."

There was nothing genuine in that statement.

King Ezekiel likes this.
  9. King Ezekiel

Zookeeper
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

He frowned faintly at Bellamy’s words, rising from his thronelike chair and moving to the edge of his desk. Shiva did not appreciate being separated from him, twitching her ears and letting out a low growl, which he masked with more coughing and dramatic clearings of his throat.

“If your people will not obey,” he began, his voice returning to its full strength. “Then I will have to politely ask every single one of you to leave Morhall.”

Ezekiel straightened his shoulders and stared unyieldingly at the young man, recalling the roles he had played in theaters across Virginia. Prospero, Mark Antony, Malcolm X. Those powerful, headstrong figures kept him from doubting his decision, from fretting about the violence that his words might potentially inflict on this good town.

“Don’t make me ask again,” he warned Bellamy, more of the theatrical creeping into his voice and mannerisms. “Or you will face my wrath!”

10. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

There was no missing the fire in Ezekiel’s eyes or the height he stood tall and proud at, but Bellamy didn’t flinch. Maybe it was his own fire, his own stubbornness, his own determination not to let his people suffer for something that had nothing to do with them at all. He felt a fist ball at his side as he sneered at the other man, taking a step forward, scowling at him.

“Your wrath? Who do you think you are? Strolling into Morhall like you own the place, sticking your nose into shit you don’t know anything about. You know exactly what this reeks of? Bias. Injustice. Where are the others?” he suddenly challenged. “Where’s Mustang? Where’s Hawkeye? Why aren’t they here, too?”

Bellamy’s jaw clenched tight as he glowered at the older man. “You want us to leave? You’re gonna have to make us leave.”

King Ezekiel likes this.
  11. King Ezekiel

Zookeeper
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Unsurprisingly, Bellamy reacted with animosity towards him, questioning his authority and threatening to cause conflict. Ezekiel had no choice but to endeavor to discourage him by utilizing his stage magician tricks.

In his mind, he prepared the spell that Merlin Ambrosius of Schola Praeditos had taught him in a thread that Dharke still needed to arrange with Octi via PM or Discord.

“I am King Ezekiel!” he proclaimed in a voice of iron, drawing on his role playing Moses some years ago, particularly the scene where he parted the ocean. “I have made an oath to protect this town and its community!”

He formed a dramatic fist with his hand, a small fireball blooming forth like a rose head, its fierce illumination falling across his determined scowl. Recognizing the signal, Shiva unleashed a thunderous snarl, leaping out from behind him, her teeth bared and ears flattened to her skull.

“Morhall will not fall!” he boomed overzealously above the crackling flames and his growling companion. “Not on this day!”

12. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

Like hell did Bellamy intend to let this go, not up until the very moment Ezekiel pulled his dramatics again. But it wasn’t just in the form of words. Fire erupted from his fist, and Bellamy’s eyes went wide, stumbling backward. Fuck. He knew how to use magic? Had that always been the case? No, people would have known that by now.

Already, Bellamy’s hand was reaching for his gun, but in the next moment, Shiva was leaping out from behind Ezekiel, snarling and baring her teeth at him. Recoiling, he clenched his jaw tight as his hand dropped from how near it was to his gun, both hands flying into the air as he took one step back and then another.

The tiger. Of course. He should’ve known, should’ve asked himself where the fucking tiger was.

“Okay,” he said slowly. Cautiously. Ezekiel had a flare for the dramatics, Bellamy knew that, but this was too close a call to assume he was bluffing. “You win. We’ll pack our bags, we’ll go. But if you think this is the last of this, you can go float yourself.”

King Ezekiel likes this.
  13. King Ezekiel

Zookeeper
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

His magician tricks had the desired effect, inspiring Bellamy Blake of the Saviors to modify his hostile body language and grudgingly heed the commands of the king. Shiva continued to snarl and bare her magnificent set of fangs, her haunches trembling in the grip of conflict between two laws. The Law of Mother Nature decreed that she pounce upon the young man, whereas the King’s Law insisted she remain still and calm.

“Shiva… Shiva…” Ezekiel called to his agitated companion, his tone both tender and stern, like a father chiding an unruly but well meaning child. “Bellamy agrees to our terms. There is no need to resort to any manner of hostility.”

Ezekiel nonetheless did not wave away the floating fireball, its sanguine glow creating long shadows across the floor and walls. He was not a gullible old man. Nay, he was well aware that people could consent to anything with an obliging grin, then drive a machete into one’s turned back.

“I understand,” Ezekiel dipped his head remorsefully. “My apologies that I had to force your hand. It is better this way. You may not see that this day, but one day, when you have a community, a kingdom, of your own… You will understand.”

14. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

How fucking noble of him, to tell his tiger to stand down like he hadn't planned that whole display, hid his pet behind his desk so that she could leap out at the right moment. As staged as it all may have been, as staged as everything about King Ezekiel was, that didn't mean a full grown, blood-thirsty tiger wasn't a threat. Bellamy wasn't an idiot.

So, yeah, he backed off, but there was a chilled sort of anger on his face as he took a step back with the clear intention to leave. "This isn't your kingdom," he ground out. "You're not Morhall's King." Staring at him, Bellamy huffed out something akin to bitter laugh and shook his head.

"We're done here." And he didn't wait. He turned on his heel, shoved the door open, and left Morhall's self-proclaimed King behind. He'd leave this entire damn place behind.

THE END

King Ezekiel and Nancy Whitman like this.