By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

My coffee is the dark knight

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Jason Todd, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    20th August, Year 7
    @Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

He had not known what he'd expected the previous night when he had messaged Shiro, Jason had half expected the man to blank his texts, not because either of them had done anything wrong per say but more because it had been so long he didn't know if the older man would remember who he was. But he'd got a response, a fairly positive response and he'd arranged to get coffee with the man whom he'd last seen in depressed, vegetative state and as he wandered down the street to said coffee shop he wondered what he was going to get this time but he felt that since the guy had not killed himself that was likely a good sign. Jason wished his girlfriend could of come to this meeting with him but he'd decided it would probably be kinder to Shiro for it to just be him, plus there was the sunlight thing but he totally intended to make this up to Tanaquil later, do something she would enjoy.

For now he was ignoring the way some girl was eyeing him from across the street wondering why she was even looking at him all he was wearing was a dark blue t-shirt with the words 'Mic-drop' in bug white letters covered by his brown leather jacket which hid all kinds of gadgets and dark pants, a pair of sunglasses hiding his ice blue eyes. He reached the coffee shop quickly, heading to the counter he ordered the strongest, darkest coffee he could and a chocolate chip muffin before moving to sit at a table on their little balcony facing the ocean, dropping Shiro a text to tell him where he was sat. Idly he gazed out at the ocean, though he'd already instinctively scouted all the best defensive positions and exits from his current location.

He also instinctively knew when the waiter approached with his order, thanking the guy as it was put before him Jason tried to make himself relax, wondering what his baby brother was up to, in that moment he debated dropping the kid a text to see if he wanted to hang out later when he instinctively knew someone else was approaching him. Casually he glanced sideways at the doors to see a rather familiar scarred face and tuft of white hair, raising an idle hand he waved at Shiro in a lazy fashion before looking down at his order, the coffee looked so very black he wondered how many shots they'd put in to get it so dark. But then he'd requested the strongest, blackest, black coffee that they could make and he supposed they'd managed to deliver with this concoction before him.

#1 Jason Todd, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  2. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane Voltron: Legendary Defender

Paladin/Explorer Pilot & Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Shiro had honestly been wondering how the other had been doing all this time. There were little things that reminded him of Jason, sometimes from Keith and his temperament to something as simple as the colour red catching his attention from the corner of his eye. So when he'd received the invitation he'd been all too happy to agree to meet the younger man, supposing it would do himself some good to play catch up with someone out of his own paladin family. Of course he wondered what Jason was even doing here in Cascade Bay, unknowing of anything that had been happening with him for the most part and just kept the younger in his well wishes.

As he approached the cafe, the paladin glanced at himself in the glass wall of the cafe. It was odd seeing himself so causally dressed, wondering if he'd ever really get used to it. Probably not. Instead he pushed past the thoughts and headed inside the little cafe, smiling at the barista that welcomed him before he lifted a finger and asked for his usual, the man having visited the place so often they knew what he wanted before he even had to ask. With that sorted he glanced around, spotting someone waving at him and making him smile as he lifted his own hand in acknowledgement, making his way over.

"Long time no see." The paladin nodded his head to the other man, holding out his hand when in reach to give it a small shake. Typical Shiro, being formal before comfortable no matter what, though to be fair in this instance it had been a long time since he'd seen the other man. When done, he took a seat opposite Jason and shrugged off his leather jacket, letting it rest over the back of his chair before he offered a smile at the younger man. It was tinged with a certain fatigue that always seemed to linger around Shiro no matter what, but it was definitely Shiro.
    "How've you been? How come you're in CB now?" He asked, glancing up when his drink was brought over before thanking the barista, nodding a little to him before they were left alone once more, looking expectantly over at Jason.

Jason Todd likes this.
  3. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    He took a sip of his blackest, of blacks coffee before rising to his feet as Shiro approached putting the coffee back on the table one handed before taking Shiro's offered hand with an idle smile. At Shiro's words he spoke up"I know right, it has been awhile!" He shifted back to sitting in his seat as the older man made himself comfortable, Jason's ice, blue eyes watched attentively. He was watching for details his friend wore openly as well as what he tried to hide, the main big thing he pigged up on was the general exhaustion the other man had about him though Jason sensed this exhaustion was not the same s before. The other man did not hold an aura of dark depression like before, this exhaustion he had was likely more to do with reasons close to why Jason used to not sleep, part of the reason he still did not sleep, the nightmares brought on by trauma.

As Shiro spoke again Jason dropped his gaze to his drink, trying to ignore his urge to watch the approaching waiter, there was no threat there and yet his instincts told him to watch He let the other get his drink, sipping at his own and eyeing his muffin until the waiter was gone. Then his drink was back on the table and his ice, blue gaze went to Shiro's eyes as he responded casually"Oh I've been ok generally, of course there have been the odd bumps here and there but life has overall been good..." He shifted to lean back in the chair before saying"CB? Is that what all the cool people call this place these days?" His voice held an idle, teasing lilt to it as he went on"Would you believe me if I told you I was currently on brotherly duties? I had to come check on a brother of mine, show him I'm still alive make sure he's still alive and make him do something fun, that kind of thing."

He was doing the unblinking stare thing that he'd been taught as a child, the scary scrutinising like your not a human with your eyes. So he forced himself to drop his gaze to his muffin as he began unwrapping it, making himself blink as he did so before his gaze returned to Shiro's face as the easy smile he'd worn moments before faded slightly as he asked"What about you? Last time I saw you I was worried you were going to do something dumb but your still here and you seem different... Like better different... So I am going to assume things are better? Are things better?" Even as he asked he silently added within his head Would you tell me if they weren't? His ice, blue eyes were watching Shiro closely again following his question and his thought made him wonder if he'd really made wise choices here.

4. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "Glad to hear it." Shiro murmured at the mention of everything going pretty well, well enough as things could get for someone like Jason that seemed to attract trouble. He could only smile when he was teased about the nickname for Cascade Bay, shrugging his shoulders in a nonchalant manner as he was used to hearing this kind of banter by now. Maybe not all from Jason, but when the other paladins were more relaxed there was always good hearted squabbling to be heard in the distance. The elder quirked an eyebrow at the mention of his friend visiting a brother, Shiro happy for him though somewhat surprised, though the good kind as it seemed Jason was settling in with others even more, even better it was family.

"Surprised but I definitely believe you. Though if your brother is anything like you then I pray for Pandora and the ability to handle two of you." The paladin teased back for a moment before he took another sip from his mug, setting it down on the table in front of them and allowing himself to sit back. He looked a lot more relaxed than he did before, tired still of course but he wasn't as on edge as he should be, he trusted Jason to be the one on sensory alert for if anything went wrong during their little meet up.
    "Things... are better. I found Keith and he came back but then some stuff happened whilst I was on a trip away. Just some downtime. I came back to the team in a rough state but we're getting through and now even the princess is here."

Seemed like things had just not really stopped moving since they had begun back in winter. Maybe even before, Shiro couldn't remember. After a moment he looked up from his mug and added on in a lighter tone, unable to stop the soft, fond smile that appeared on his face at the thought of the man he mentioned.
    "Keith and I worked things out too... We're taking it slow but we're trying again and that's all that really matters." Tightening his hands around the mug in front of him for a moment, Shiro briefly became distracted wondering what Keith was up to before snapping out of it and looking at Jason once more.

"So you've definitely been keeping yourself out of trouble right? I can't even remember how long its been since we saw each other. Isn't that terrible?"

Jason Todd likes this.
  5. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Shiro seemed to believe his words for the moment, though his words were softly spoken and might have hinted to the older man not entirely buying his words of everything going well. If that was the case the man would have been right to not believe him entirely because things had not been going as smoothly as he made out, in fact things were far from OK but they were now getting better sort of. Jason's ice, blue gaze watched Shiro's face change at mention of Damian and he wondered at the others surprise. Then a smirk spread across his face at the others words and he responded casually"Oh you have no idea... He's by far the most troublesome of us all.." Raising a dark eyebrow slightly as he spoke, before leaving his now unwrapped muffin too sip at his coffee listening as Shiro set his mug on the table between them. Leaning back in his chair he held his drink in his hands, wrapping his fingers around it barely noticing the warmth as he scrutinised Shiro with his sharp gaze.

The guy appeared more relaxed than the last time he'd seen him, less lost though still tired almost worn but as the man began his story Jason listened, hearing the truth to his words. It sounded like he'd not had a great time of it but was trying to work through it, which Jason understood, he was always trying to work through the shit life kept throwing his way. His ice blue, gaze never shifted from Shiro's face as he spoke, but at mentions of some princess a dark eyebrow rose and an amusement glinted in his eyes. Yet he kept quiet, letting the man finish with the mentions of Keith. He didn't know if he liked Keith for all he'd done to Shiro but he could accept that the other man needed him, love was weird like that and he did enjoy the soft expression that washed over Shiro's face now, it let to an idle grin falling across his face.

Even as he now spoke up"Aw, how sweet.. It sounds like you've got your little home of homes finally coming together, I am pleased for you though of course I wish you had not had to go through all the hardship to get there... But I am still pleased for you.." He paused, wanting to ask when Shiro had started hanging out with princesses when the man spoke again, asking him a question and Jason offered the man a grin in response before saying"It has been awhile, autumn I think was the last time we met up.... When I got your miserable ass drunk and you danced like a well versed latin dancer before passing out on my couch... Other than that we've had a couple of texts since then where you would give me bland life details of the depressed man before you disappeared entirely which I guess was when you went seeking out Keith..."

He took another sip of his coffee, a thoughtful expression on his face before he responded casually" No more trouble than usual, your life sounds like its been far more troublesome than mine... Perhaps in reality you are the one who always finds trouble rather than me when it comes to the two of us my friend." The lie was so smoothly spoken it sounded completely like the honest truth and Jason gave nothing away as he continued to eye the other man's face before asking with a now wicked smirk"But let us go back a bit Tufty, since when did you start hanging out with royalty? I mean are us common folk not good enough for you?" His ice, blue eyes danced with amusement and his tone held a wicked teasing edge to it when he spoke the qeustion to the older man.

6. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "Remind me to stay out of your family affairs." Shiro smiled behind his mug, taking another sip before he nodded now and then as he listened to his friend telling him how he had been, what he had been up to and more. Some things seemed... grey and he was sure complete truths were also left out of these details but he couldn't blame the man when he himself tried keeping details from Jason, not wanting to worry him. Perhaps the younger was doing the same for him, though Shiro wished he could tell him he didn't have to and for it to actually mean something.

"You? Not causing or even finding trouble? Mnh... Sounds suspect. How's your girlfriend? Well I hope. Has she met your crazy family yet?" The elder ventured, testing the water with lighter questions he wouldn't mind so much if Jason tried scooting around with his answers. They might not have spoken for a while, and the texts far and few between, but Shiro still cared about the other man as he was sure Jason did for him too. Unlikely friendships were often the best.

At the question about the princess came out, Shiro couldn't help the soft roll of his eyes though he was smiling and saw the humour in the joke.
    "Oh you know. Just how things go." He grinned before shaking his head, sitting up a little straighter as he explained.
    "No but seriously. Princess Allura is who guided the rest of us to our lions and helped guide us in our fight in space. She's... a little hard to appease but she's gotten better since then and has appreciated us for our different qualities. She lost all her people, her home planet, all of it and I don't think I've met a woman quite as strong as her."

Jason Todd likes this.