By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private my lucky star [m]

Discussion in 'Cosmic Wilderness' started by Wanda Maximoff, Feb 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Wanda Maximoff

Wanda Maximoff Marvel Universe

Content Warning

date | February 15, Y108
    tag | @Superman

He didn't need to carry her to the hospital. Aside from a few scrapes on her knees and a recommendation to seek psychiatric help (which would then go ignored), she didn't even have a reason to be at the hospital. But Wanda didn't dispute. She missed being comforted by him, she missed being held by him, so she gradually, dimly let go of her frantic desire to fix her mistake for... the hospital. For just a little while.

Then it turned out there would've been no point in rushing either way. The spaceport was closed indefinitely due to circumstances far from her control, which sounded like a... familiar trend. A colony under a red sun of all places. What were the odds? What if her subconscious conjured that up out of a selfish desire to keep him to herself for a few days longer? But that wasn't right (even if she could kind of see that happening). She wanted to help. She always wanted to help, but happened to be simply terrible at it sometimes.

Feeling frayed around the edges, she was no longer used to what should've been her own skin. She was plagued by everything she had left behind in ending up here, her worries coalescing around Pietro and Nina primarily--but they had lives of their own, even if the former wouldn't admit it as easily.

And Kal had the worst of it. He came back from the dead, back from memory loss and from being mind... manipulated. She had no business sitting in a daze for hours on end in a laughable attempt to reorient herself while he was here. They were lucky, too. The questioning with the Peacekeepers stationed at the hospital hadn't taken long at all; they seemed miffed by their unnatural entry but were as understanding as can be, as soon as they ascertained neither of them belonged on their list. They'd helped her access the credits under her Elysium name. She didn't even know she had Elysian accounts (more of that Fake Past confusion, probably), but it was nice finding out that she did.

Within a few hours she was discharged with some extra bandages she didn't need, and they were checked into the local inn (space inn) until further notice.

She might've spaced out for a few moments, not even realizing that she was standing empty-eyed facing the window--and for how long, she didn't know--before snapping back to attention.

"... I used to cut my brother's hair," Wanda said, turning to touch one of the dark strands that reached his shoulders and struggling not to look apologetic--again--as she did. Her gaze was fixed on his hair. There were so many things she needed to say to him; of course she would end up defaulting to the most trite of the lot.

Superman likes this.
  2. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

He was worried about Wanda more than he was worried about anything else. That red star that he saw on the billboards and posters was soon going to be a problem, but after what he had been through he was in no hurry to use his powers for anything but hurry Wanda to safety. And when they reached the hospital, he was relieved to be amongst people that seemed to be helpful and even vaguely accommodating. He did gave the doctor who suggested psychiatric help a very angered and insulted look, on behalf of the both of them, but other than that, he was feeling better as time passed by.

But his worries regarding Wanda never passed. At first he was confused, trying to understand why she looked so sad and fearing it had something to do with him. A lot of time had passed since they had been with one another under normal circumstances. He pressured himself to remember more, but he had only managed to retrieve some fractured images and make his head hurt. Then other thoughts followed and he chastised his mind for conjuring up catastrophic scenarios. Wanda's powers could be unpredictable and draining. And she was now in a place she had not planned to be. And they had left a whole world behind that he didn't recognize but she was a part of.

That realisation made him to act supportive than let his insecurities emerge. He was content with holding her, careful of not doing or saying anything that might make her anxious or miserable. And when she seemed to want to be with her thoughts, he fell silent too.

He couldn't help but smile when she broke the silence though. 'Seems like here you will have the chance to do it for me. I am looking forward to the modern look.' he said, placing his hands around her waist. He seemed hesitant for a few seconds before he spoke again. 'Wanda.. Are you tired? Or.. unhappy? Is there something I can do? ' he eventually said, making an attempt to understand how to make her feel better.

#2 Superman, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Wanda Maximoff likes this.
  3. Wanda Maximoff

Wanda blinked before knitting her brows together. He worried about her even when he had much more reason to worry about himself. She'd keel over before she stopped fretting over Pietro under any circumstance, and she still didn't completely understand why she was... the way she was again. Tired and unhappy were too simple concepts to describe the nebulous haze which had fallen over her mind like a heavy curtain. But Kal was alive and whole and himself as he looked over her with concerned eyes; unhappy was an impossibility.

Apprehensive that he'd fixated on what felt like were all the wrong things, though, that was free game. "Me?" Her hand settling over his shoulder, she smiled that same bemused smile she often directed him, whenever he said or did something so selfless and kind that she couldn't believe he was real. "What about you? You've been..." Her throat stalled with sticky indecision at this juncture. Dead? Obviously that word hadn't carried any relevance in months.

She thought him dead for only a little while before discovering his body wasn't quite dead, then his emergence as a spirit, then his return as a vagrant with missing pieces of his mind, and now back at last. Not once did she consider giving up or letting go, as long as the possibility remained before her grief had a single opportunity to metamorphosize. As confusing as that'd all been, she didn't regret a single instance of it. "...gone for almost a year, and now you're here. How is that possible? Are you okay?"

Superman likes this.
  4. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

Never in his life had he been so confused about his past and his current state. It was a brand new feeling of being overwhelmed and vulnerable unlike any he had encountered before and it puzzled and distressed him. But he knew that he could let it consume him. He was stronger than that, especially when he was with Wanda, which was all that he could have asked for to feel happy and whole. So his eyes remained on her as she spoke, free from the fears inside him. They did not have to disappear, but now more than ever they could be overshadowed by the good things he had.

'I don't know.' he admitted. Nothing could have ever prepared him for the possibility to escape death, regardless of his extraordinary powers. Death had been a part of his life just like everyone else's and he did not mind it, as he needed to have as many connections possible with the humans as he could. This ordeal was now reminding him how different and strange he was, despite descending from the human race. It was easier to think that it was not because of himself that he was alive, but because of other external forces.

'I do not remember much from the time where I was gone. Your words. Some.. impressions. But mostly it's darkness.' he explained. 'But I have you now. I am always alright when I'm with you. More than alright.' he said, a small smile forming on his lips in spite of all that had happened. 'I am sorry for everything that happened. I wish I could go back and change it.'. His smile wavered when he remembered the details that led to his death. Those memories were crystal clear and they made him feel fragile and stupid. But he had been given a second chance and he had to make sure he didn't make the same mistakes again

#4 Superman, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  5. Wanda Maximoff

His apology had her smiling slightly from the deja vu. They had a knack for apologizing to one another ad nauseum, even when it wasn't necessary. It was never necessary. Sometimes he exasperated her with his endless consideration, but now that she was reminded again of his very him mannerisms— "I missed you," she said, content to linger as they stood for a moment longer. Before thoughts of the outside world began to seep into her thoughts with worry again, as they were wont to do. For a split second Wanda cast a distracted glance at... at the section of wall that resembled a television, and wondered how far the local net signals could reach.

Her eyes promptly traveled back to his, her hands sliding down his arms and wrapping around his fingers so she could tug him to the bathroom. The space equivalent of a bathroom. "I'm going to see if we can find a razor. So you can shave. For the first time in, a year? ... I guess you usually use your laser eyes."

Superman likes this.
  6. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

Her reaction brought another smile to his face, sincere, grateful and appreciative. Wanda had a way of making him feel good even at the darkest times, by not judging and blaming him for the mistakes that happened. It was during moments like this that he felt as if he was a young man again. One that was cared for and one that was allowed to do wrongs so that he would learn how to be better.

Unfortunately, he could not erase from his mind the guilt he felt, but Wanda's presence made everything much more bearable. So he followed her movements, without any need to protest. When she mentioned what she had in mind, he snorted in amusement, but he never took his eyes off of her. 'None of that now. I'm going to experience what everyone else does.' he said, not appearing distressed in the slightest about it. His remorse over what had happened had brought about some masochistic tendencies, but mostly he was actually curious to experience regular human things.

'But I thought you liked me with a beard.' he added, his expression a combination of sweet and dopey.

7. Wanda Maximoff

The bathroom, at least, was recognizable as a bathroom. Freeing one of her hands from his, she trailed her fingers along the smooth chrome finish of the vanity set and pulled open the topmost drawer. "Have you grown attached to it?" Her nose scrunched teasingly as she looked back at him. "It looks like a beaver, Kal," she quipped, picking up what... kind of might've been a space razer, maybe, and peered at it suspiciously.

When was the last time he looked himself in front of a mirror anyway? The thought had her absentmindedly taking one step out of the way so he could see.

Superman likes this.
  8. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

He shrugged his shoulders at her question, because he didn't have a strong opinion about it. He had noticed that others usually responded well to him looking clean shaven and he had associated beards with his more introverted periods of his life. But he didn't mind the look and if Wanda liked it he had more reasons to adopt it... untill he noticed himself in the mirror.

Perhaps he should have thought about his appearance more. If he had, then he would not be staring at someone who looked as if he had escaped from a museum of life before civilization. 'I look prehistoric...' he said, his eyes wide and his mouth hanging open. He stayed there for a couple of seconds until he gave a helpless look at Wanda. 'Let's do what needs to be done.' he said dramatically, but couldn't help but smile at how ridiculous he was.. .

#8 Superman, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  9. Wanda Maximoff

Wanda watched his reflection in the mirror for a moment before sweeping her gaze back to him in full, a small laugh tumbling from her lips. Reaching over, she plucked away what appeared to be a piece of old leaf lodged in his beard, wrinkling her nose again before tossing it into the nearby bin. "On second thought," she started, setting down the razor on the vanity counter. She scrutinized his beard, his hair, patting off more of nature's residue but clicking her tongue like it was a hopeless cause. Her slight smile, though, lingered unbidden. Fussing over his personal hygiene was certainly a welcome change of pace compared to the anxiety-inducing futility of trying to get a message out to her brother, trying to think about how they were going to return, and thoughts of Neo Dubai. "What needs to be done first is a shower. A long one," she advised with a forward head-tilt. "So you... go do that while I look for a change of clothes that don't smell like sewage."

She was lucky, truly, for being so conditioned to urban aromas that the odors of vagrant 'living' didn't bother her as they might... but she had a feeling that she was going to need to take her turn after his. After all the hugging of said homeless man.

Superman likes this.
  10. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

His eyebrows shot up under Wanda's scrutinizing look. He had always been a little insecure about the way he looked(being so large led to a certain lack of grace at times and he heard several times that not all ladies appreciate men being as muscular as him), but Wanda never made him feel nothing but content with himself. Now, though, he was getting stressed and blamed his self for letting her see him like this. Amidst the chaos and the confusion, he had not considered looking at a mirror, but now he was regretting it.

But in the grand scheme of things, it was not as important a matter to be fretting so much or over thinking about it, so he decided to play it for laughs, while following Wanda's advice. 'That bad hm?' he asked, knowing the answer already. When he removed his sweater, he could not help but notice, with a certain amount of disgust, the stains and the holes in it. 'Alright.' he agreed with Wanda and immediately dropped it inside the garbage bin, relieved when it disappeared from their sight. He was more considerate to his pants, but he hoped he would never have to wear them again as well, as he removed those too and stepped inside the shower.

He had to fiddle with some unfamiliar things popping from the wall to get the water running, but just the existence of clean water was enough to lift his spirits. It was hotter than he expected, and his skin instantly reddened. 'Ow!' he whined, disoriented by the new experience of getting burnt. He was unsure if Wanda had left because he could not hear her footsteps anymore. The whole world was progressively quieting down. Soon, the only noise that overpowered all his other senses was that of the running warm water and it was such a strange experience for him that he soon forgot all about the burning sensation.

He was almost drifting off when something else startled him, as some liquid started pouring down on him from a hole in the wall. It reminded him of toothpaste and it was oddly soothing too when it made contact with his skin. He tried to rub it off and then realised that it had changed color, carrying away the dirt off of his body. There wasn't that much dirt, being an advanced type of human,but he was not clean either, so he decided to let the futuristic soap do its work. When the water and soap were no more, the bathroom was full of steam and he was red all over his body and face, but he was clean and relaxed.

And in a complete state of undress which soon registered in and he begun looking around for any sort of towels, but there were none in sight. 'Wanda do you see any towels?' he yelled from the bathroom, suddenly feeling just a little shy and exposed.

[/COLO

11. Wanda Maximoff

Wanda smiled primly and ducked out when he started to undress, not because she'd never seen him unclothed before. But because, even though she loved him as much as she ever did, her mind hadn't been able to keep up with the events of the past twenty-four hours. There were moments before where she'd dimly forgotten that she wasn't an actual nine year old, and she didn't know how much of that child continued to linger in her psyche. And so many other things. She loved him, but she wasn't yet ready to be mesmerized by his abs again along with all the conflicted reactions that inspired.

Instead she made it her mission to hunt for something for him to wear. The inn was impressive despite being located in an isolated colony, but it wasn't so luxurious that it provided fresh changes of attire. So occupying her thoughts with the sights and sounds of the world, she took a short excursion down the floors, past the lobby, and into the Ceres themed gift shop they passed along the way.

Thankfully she could still hear the running water behind the bathroom door upon her return. Leaving him behind even briefly wracked her nerves miserably, but it needed to be done. Sighing an exultant breath, she laid the cumbersome bags of clothes at the foot of the bed. Before she could sit down, she nearly jumped to the sound of Kal calling out for towels. "I'll— I'll check the closet!" she hollered back, her footsteps moving hurriedly across the floor before she threw the closet doors open.

Grabbing one, she stopped before the bathroom, inhaling sharply, knocked against it. "They were in the closet." Why were they in the closet and not the bathroom? She would never know.

Superman likes this.
  12. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

When she knocked on the door and confirmed she had found them, he opened it just a fraction so that he could reach for it, water dripping from his long hair and his bushy beard. 'Τhanks!' he called out merrily. He felt much better, even if he was still a little vulnerable after what had happened and definitely guilt-ridden over allowing someone to use him as a weapon to hurt others. Where were Batman and Luthor with all their weapons and plans to take him down before the worst happened? Though, with the state of the world being so drastically different than what he knew, maybe the only constant in this life anymore was Wanda.

And she was the one he needed more than anyone else.

He wrapped the tower around his stomach reaching down to his knees, then opened the door and left it that way, so that the steam would start to dissolve and called for her again. 'Much better. Right?' he asked, his smile sweet and a little bit eager for approval. There were thoughts that had been nagging him for a while that he hadn't addressed regarding how much time had truly passed for Wanda without him. What had happened to her and the people close to her that she cared for as much as only she could? But he would ask in time, trying not to overwhelm her too much.

#12 Superman, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  13. Wanda Maximoff

Just as she was afflicted by those niggling worries of things getting awkward after all their... transformations and time spent apart, the door opened to his toweled form and she was met with a fresh billow of steam. And her thoughts immediately centered on his sweet, dopey, and handsome face—much more cleaned up from before. Never had her irrational bundle of fears been so quickly allayed. Seriously, what did she think was going to happen? Freeze up like a school girl? She was never like that. Instead, she smiled at him fondly. Just like before.

"Much better," Wanda agreed. Standing a little straighter, she waved her hand airily behind her at the set of bags. "I found us some clothes." But his clean-up project wasn't finished just yet, so she prompted again, rebalancing on the balls of her feet and folding her arms slowly across her chest. "Hair or beard next?"

Superman likes this.
  14. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

His smile grew wider, more confident than all the others of the past hours. These little moments with Wanda were all it took to brighten even the most hopeless of situations. It was the only thing that felt natural too, otherwise he would not be able to sit still or calm down. A chill run down his spine and he felt that it would not be the only one, despite the temperature of the room. Sooner or later he would have to face things that would make him shiver and shake, but for now, he was able to concentrate on Wanda's needs.

'I think the beard looks the most annoying.' he said and he placed a hand on his neck, that had completely disappeared from sight, under layers of hair. 'Feels like that, too.' he added. 'It's going to take a while. I can always do it, if you have something better to do.' he then said thoughtfully, his eyes looking deep at Wanda's. His eyes had a touch of the morose that was unusual, but other than that, the affection and consideration that had always been there for Wanda had not changed in the slightest.

15. Wanda Maximoff

"Better, like what?" Communications were down. Her magic refused to cooperate. Wanda imagined she could keep finagling at the risk of any attempt backfiring in her face again, and the inn room going up in flames. No no, better at least get a full night's rest before ... that. Again, she pushed the troubled thoughts from the surface of her consciousness, tried for a warm smile, and nudged him back toward the bathroom mirror with raised and open palms.

This looked like it needed to be two man job, anyway. Two normal people job. At one point she ran outside to retrieve a bathrobe from the closet and to tinker with the internal heating, so he wouldn't catch a cold. At another point she grabbed a chair from the modest lounge space and dragged it inside for him to sit on, when she began to cut mercilessly away at his overgrown locks keeping the shape and cut of his old and easily malleable style in mind. Coif or no coif, curl or no curl—he seemed like he'd be a hairdresser's dream, when his hair wasn't indestructible.

Finally, when the smooth tiled floor was carpeted with his fallen curls, she brushed a few errant strands of hair off his robed shoulders and set the scissors down. "...there!" she announced with a deep release of breath, combing through the cropped end results with her fingertips and grinning triumphantly into the mirror. Silver linings. "Fluffy as before!"

Just as before. Except for the short scruff, but apparently he'd wanted to keep that as a small souvenir.

She eased her hands down to his shoulders and stepped back, eyeing their reflection meaningfully. "Now get out. Because I need to shower."

Superman likes this.
  16. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

In retrospect, it sounded like a silly thing to say, considering where they were. He wanted to be considerate, though it was Wanda's idea. But he had only been found himself recently, found a world he didn't understand and several information that he didn't know how to process. He felt like he was bad company, but at the same time, he was relieved that he wasn't alone.

So he did not protest or resist anymore, especially after he noticed that she was engulfed in what she was doing and seemed to be very good at it too. Not once did he doubt her skills and end result and when she proclaimed she had finished, she looked happier than before. It would be enough to make him content too, but she had managed to make him resemble the person he used to be. It was a little daunting, but the reflection on the mirror looked right. 'Thank you, Wanda.' he said, looking up at her from his seat.

Then his expression faltered a little, but he didn't argue. He stood up and lifted the chair, then made a vague gesture towards the mess on the floor. 'You should let me help with cleaning when you are done. It is the least I can do.' he said, before he exited the door.

He set the chair in its original place and opened the bags to look at the new clothes. There was a smile in his face when he noticed the style. He was tempted to put the cowboy themed clothes on, but he opted out for the more casual ones, for now.

But for the next minutes, he was restless. He sat on the bed and no matter how tired he felt, he could not shake the feeling that the shadows of the room were growing larger. Then he walked towards the window to ease his paranoia, but all he saw was unfamiliar shapes. But it was better than staring at walls that seemed to be closing in on him. A myriads things were going through his mind, all jumbled and tangled, like electrical cords.

He knocked the bathroom door when the water stopped running. 'Can I come in now?' he asked, only a tad childishly. .

17. Wanda Maximoff

Bold of him to assume cleaning up the hairy mess didn't logistically go before showering. But she'd waved him off before the door closed resoundingly behind him.

Then she quickly set to work. Wanda cleaned up the only way she knew how in times past: with her knees on the floor, applying copious amounts of elbow grease. Making a few expedient rounds, she swept and scooped up the dark strands and dumped them all in the provided receptacle already near-to-full with his tattered old clothes. It was easy to lose herself in her thoughts during menial labor. She struggled against forfeiting to her old poisonous routine, eventually let the water run, peeled off her own stale clothes, and steeled herself with eyes shut against the sting of the warm spray hissing against her scrapes.

In and out, quickly now. Don't lose track of time. Don't space out. Don't have a mental break in the middle of a wash. Kal is right here and has 306 (the number of days since he 'died') more reasons to have a mental breakdown than you.

Clad in her own robe and with a towel hanging limply over her hair, she pushed the door open at his call. "No need. I'm done." The sight of him, all cleaned up with fresh new clothes and all, brought another touch of a smile to her lips. "Are you tired?" she asked, reaching out for his arm.

Superman likes this.
  18. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

For a few moments his expression seemed to shift dramatically, as if he had heard the worst news in the world. He looked absolutely devastated over cleaning up, which was entirely irrational, but he could not properly identify, let alone rationalise, the strange whirlpool of emotions he felt. It was as if he was carrying a hurricane inside him.

But then, he caught Wanda's hand and held it on his own. His look was suddenly intense and there was a bizarre determination in his face. He was often timid and polite, that much was true, but when he was no stranger to fighting for the things and people he believed in and loved. So his voice was serious when he spoke, without being commanding or firm. Such attitudes were not in him, especially with Wanda. 'Wanda, tell me what's wrong. I know something is bothering you. You know you can tell me anything.' he said. He needed to breathe before he continued, but the thoughts were already in his mind; he just had to find the courage to form them into words.

'I realise that a lot of time has passed for you. But whatever happened, you can tell me. Even if...' his voice died, so he had to pause and then start again. 'Even if there's another man, don't worry about hurting me. I want you to be happy. Please tell me what's on your mind.'. That last part sounded more like a plead and by the time he was done, he had lost most of his resolve. But he had meant every word and had managed to express his inner fears and things he could not rationalize. Funny thing about fears, they tended to stem from unreasonable places.

#18 Superman, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  19. Wanda Maximoff

Eyes widening, her brows shot toward her forehead at his reaction, his desperation twisting her chest. What was wrong? she would've asked, if the answers weren't already churning in the back of her mind.

Wanda took an immediate step closer, driven by the need to quell his fears. "It's not that I don't want to talk to you about... everything. It's that so much of it doesn't make sense. I don't even know where to begin." Shaking her head, she couldn't help but let slip a short and frantic laugh, overwhelmed by the task at hand. Facing the eldritch clown almost seemed easier, but she supposed she did... somehow... reach some kind of a half impasse half truce with it.

Her fingers threaded through his and held fast, her other hand reaching out again to cup his freshly trimmed cheek to cement the gesture. With that, she drew him to the side of the bed, where she tugged at him to sit before plopping down next to him. Tracing her eyes over their conjoined hands, her brows creased ponderously together. "Remember, when you first saw me again, I was a little girl? That... wasn't an illusion. I'd been stuck that way since the end of the first Pandora, during what people called the Calamity. It's not a hoax. The world swallowed up its inhabitants, and then the world jumped 100 years forward into... someplace bigger and barely recognizeable."

That didn't even scratch the surface of everything. He'd seen a slice of the new Pandora with his own eyes, and even this was almost too much to put into words.

"By the way, there's no other man," she added bluntly, her voice low and firm. "That's crazier than all the stuff that's actually happened."

Superman likes this.
  20. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

Maybe his reaction was coming out the blue, but it has been building up inside him for a few hours now and finally it had reached the point where it could not be contained. Him and Wanda almost never argued and he did not want to start it now. Deep inside, this was his way of trying to maintain their good and honest communication, even if his approach was less smooth that past attempts.

His behavior had an effect on Wanda and he felt a little guilty when she spoke. But he seemed eager to hear, however she wanted to describe what had happened in her life. As bizarre as it could be -and he had seen and heard many absurd things in Pandora- it would serve to make him feel part of that life again, instead of what he felt now. Which was similar to balancing on a tight rope, with the abyss underneath him and strong winds trying to push him down.

His face visibly relaxed a fraction when he realised that Wanda was about to talk to him and he gladly sat on the bed, his eyes on her. His surprise was also evident as he begun to speak and Kal indeed found himself very confused. Strange occurences and events happened a lot in Pandora, but never as fantastical and mad as what she was describing.

Her final words shook him a little out of his bewilderment and he couldn't supress a rather pleased smile. But eventually he shifted back to processing, with difficulty, the events Wanda had spoken of. 'So you were turned to a younger version of yourself and then pulled to this new Pandora that is a hundred years after the old one?' he said, repeating what he had heard. It was the most insane sentence he had ever spoken of.

'Is there anyone else left that knows us from our life together?' was the first thought that came into his mind, after trying to accept that something so impossible to happen had.