By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Need a 'hand'?

Discussion in 'Elysium' started by Tali'Zorah, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Tali'Zorah

Tali'Zorah Guest

Elysium; Undercity
    October 23, 108

@Orisa

After Tali'Zorah became accustomed to the strange and alien technology that permeated the city of Elysium, she began to avoid it less and to look for ways to incorporate it into her own designs to make things better. She was still struggling a bit on the connectivity of her omni-tool and being able to integrate into the various networks that were around Elysium.

She was in a good mood for the most part as she navigated the alleys and streets of the undercity. Someone had left a strange box from a spider spook, whatever that was, and inside had been an Asari costume. It had given Tali quite a laugh and put her in high spirits. That's what she needed when she was about to, quite literally, go dumpster diving for parts.

Showing up in Pandora and having nothing of a steady job had been difficult for Tali. She was so used to having a purpose. Everyone had to help and be productive in the Flotilla in order to survive. Even their Pilgrimage was all about bringing back something for the betterment of their people. And when she was on the Normandy with Shepard, she had a job and was able to help with the engines. She trusted Shepard to be able to guide both of them toward something more permanent, but for now, Tali was going restless just sitting in a room that seemed too big and too quiet all at the same time. She was used to the cramped quarters of a ship and the constant hum of the engines to lull her to sleep.

The piles of broken pieces of tech and garbage were piled high after Tali climbed over the fence. She dusted off her three-fingered hands and patted down her body to make sure nothing snagged or tore on the sharp edges of the fencing.

She was just about to start digging into a promising pile of wires and circuit boards when she heard a noise around the corner. The crashing was loud enough to startle her so she crouched low and slowly approached the edge of a very tall, unstable tower of scrap metal to peer around the corner to see what was making noise. Just as she saw the large robot and was grappling with whether or not to just count this as a loss and come back another day, she bumped the wobbly tower and a few large pieces tumbled down to crash in front of her.

Leaving a very surprised Tali blinking at the huge... what was it exactly?

Orisa likes this.
  2. Orisa

Orisa Guest

Orisa had tried to ward Efi away from places like the Undercity, but the little girl insisted that the best parts were often found in the more obscure places. Money wasn't exactly infinite for them, so she could see Efi's point, but still... wasn't this dangerous? Didn't the government say that gangs roamed around?

Whether these warnings were true or not, Orisa followed Efi to the scrapyards, beneath the leaner, more peaceful Elysium. While Efi picked her way through computer bits and stuffed them into a backpack, Orisa was vigilant in watching for troublemakers. If they had to be here, then she would ensure that nothing happened to Efi. A large crash of falling rubble grabbed her attention, and Efi looked up just as Orisa turned to face the sound.

"Show yourself, stranger!" Orisa said, stepping in front of Efi with a "glare". Her eyes glowed red, and she at least tried to look intimidating with her limited scope of visible emotions. the humanoid creature in what appeared to be a full body suit was unrecognizable to both of them. An alien or beast creature, perhaps? Were they hostile? Curious, Efi peeked out from behind Orisa's leg, looking at Tali.

Tali'Zorah likes this.
  3. Tali'Zorah

Tali'Zorah Guest

As soon as she was spotted by the large... robot? She ducked behind the larger pile of debris and tried to think. "Bosh'tet! she hissed. Was this like some kind of Elysium junkyard dog? Well, they certainly didn't skimp on size when it came to making them. "Think, think," she told herself as she tapped the part of her face mask that would have been her temple. What would Shepard do?

She was quite sure she only had seconds to decide or else the junkyard dog was coming for her and there was something unappealing about being chewed up by mechanical jaws. Tali didn't quite miss the irony of winning an entire war against a sentient AI species just to die to a different one, but she had a few tricks up her sleeve.

She pulled a small tight ball out of her pocket and tossed it up into the air. Her combat drone, Chiktikka vas Paus, whirred to life and she sent it to flank through the tall piles of debris and parts.

Then she took a deep breath and stepped out into the open with her hands up in what she hoped was a customary 'Don't shoot or maim or kill me' gesture in this strange new world. As she did so, she realized that the robotic creature was not alone. There was a little girl behind it and the creature was... protecting her? "I mean no harm!" announced Tali as she took a step closer. Her Quarian accent sounded so strange compared to the large robot - foreign and alien. It only added to the fact that she was an alien. "I didn't mean to trespass." Pfft, she totally meant to and wanted to find usable tech for cheap, but she wasn't about to tell the person she thought owned this scavenge yard that.

Orisa likes this.
  4. Orisa

Orisa Guest

Orisa was so focused on where the alien had hidden away that she failed to notice the drone being summoned and sent to sneak around from the other side. The alien revealed itself with its hands up, and Orisa slowly lowered her cannon arm.

"You are...not here to attack?" Orisa asked. Efi's eyes widened as she stared at Tali, still getting used to all the different kinds of people that made Elysium their home. "Why were you watching us?"

"Wait, were you here to look for parts?" Efi said, before lifting the bag she was carrying. It was already packed with bits of computer hardware and wires and hunks of metal. "We were doing the same thing. Don't worry about "trespassing," I won't tell anyone you were here."

Tali'Zorah likes this.
  5. Tali'Zorah

Tali'Zorah Guest

As the robot lowered her weapon, so did Tali lower her arms. It was possible this was all a misunderstanding? There was something about the robot's manner of speech that had Tali narrowing her eyes, but thankfully it was impossible to see through the opaque light purple of her mask. Only the bright violet glowing of her eyes could be seen and she was fairly certain that they were far enough away that they couldn't tell.

"No, I thought you were..." answered Tali before she brought up her omni-tool and used her three-fingered hand to halt Chitikka's progress and call her back. There was a little musical beeping before she floated over a pile of debris and returned to Tali's side.

It was then that Tali noticed the... girl? She wasn't sure if she should admit if she was there to take parts until the girl lifted her bag and showed how much they'd already collected. "I see I was not the first with this plan," laughed Tali as she collected Chitikka from the air and packed her away once more.

She moved closer to peer into the bag and nodded approvingly. "That's a lot of good scraps you've got there. What are you doing here collecting scrap alone?" She then remembered the giant junkyard dog...robot and cast it a wary glance. "Well, almost alone." Without scanning her, Tali couldn't tell if it was just a well-programmed robot or if it was a sentient AI. Either way, Tali was suspicious and skeptical of it.

"I'm Tali'Zorah vas Normandy," she said to Efi. "And you are?"

Orisa likes this.
  6. Orisa

Orisa Guest

Efi's eyes followed the holograph of a drone as it floated back to Tali, amazed by how it didn't seem to need heavy machinery to function.

"I'm an inventor!" Efi said to her proudly. "I come here for extra parts to work with. It's cheaper than buying them new, and I can use the beat up ones if they're not too damaged." Orisa watched Tali as she introduced herself, filing the name away for later use. "My name is Efi Oladele, and this is my friend Orisa!" Orisa turned away from Tali to look at Efi, and her expression changed to something that resembled a smile.

"Efi is very smart, she built me all on her own, Miss Normandy," Orisa said.