HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private No Equivalent Exchange [M]

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by Edward Elric, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Edward Elric

Edward Elric Fullmetal Alchemist

Alchemist
    Race:
    Human
    Date: January 30th Year 7
    @Vladislaus III Dracula
    Edward had made a promise, and if there was anything you were going to remember about the teenage wonder, was that he kept his promises. What had he promised now? That he'd be back to see his younger brother after a day at most, and he'd left Pandora Town early on a crisp morning of January. Man, time flew, he had arrived around December time but it was already ticking over into February? All the more reason for him to fulfil his overarching goal of bringing his brother's body back, reuniting it with his soul. Needless to say, it'd always been a bit hard for the teen to say goodbye to his brother, a small smile on his face as he left him behind with a small wave and a promise to keep just between the two of them.

His destination? Cascade Bay. Travelling he was used to, though the methods and modes by which Pandora did them by wasn't like the normal train rides he was used to. Nevertheless, he arrived just fine before he had begun asking around the man town of Cascade Bay, most people not really wanting to talk much about the horrors of the night. He had managed to speak to one or two family members of those who had a treasured love one taken from them, never heard of again and unlike the usual disappearances that happened from time to time around Pandora, it wasn't the same. They had a feeling that their loved ones would never be returning. One family had told Edward if he found the demon of the night, that he should kill it before bothering to ask questions, should the beast do the same thing to him first.

"Nothing but a bunch of missing folk and fairy tales." Edward sighed to himself as he'd come to a stop, tired from the walking he'd been doing and his stomach grumbling with the lack of food he'd put in it. Frowning just a bit to himself, the man then glanced around before he tried to remember which way he had come from, not remembering or realising when it had gotten so late and wondering if Alphonse would be worrying about him by now.
    "Damn it..." The blond muttered, at least grateful that the climate of Cascade Bay wasn't as unforgiving and cold as that of Pandora Town.

Traipsing through a forest he had found himself within, the alchemist didn't know what kind of person he would find here, and honestly the rainforest-feel to his surroundings was reminding him, distracting him of his training time when he was still just a child. Edward even thought for a moment about bringing his brother, though it was then that the heavens decided to open up and unexpectedly, drench the young man down to his metal arm and leg beneath his clothing, a less than impressed look on his face in response. Pulling the hood up on his cloak, the teenager tried rushing for cover but it was too late, and the rainforest, as pretty as it had been a moment before, was nothing but confusing and winding.

"Crap." He'd muttered, though finally coming up to what looked like a little burrow, a hideaway perhaps? Maybe someone lived there? Edward had been about to call out until he realised someone, or something was guarding the place, his eyes widening just a little before he slipped back, hiding behind the brushes but not long before he'd tripped on a root and sent himself hurtling head over heels, onto his ass and sliding down a small hill. As a cry of surprise forced itself from his lips, Edward knew there was no way whatever had been up there hadn't heard him, the disoriented teenager picking himself up and trying to get himself in some kind of order before he made a run for it or prepare to fight despite now being covered in mud.

Well, at least it wasn't raining any more.

2. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Life, the one thing Dracula needed to enact his revenge upon God himself. without his brides he was forced to take other means of creating this life and some of his servants had given him ideas. The Uruk, stupid, violent, savage things that could tear through scores of men if given the chance. Yes they'd do fine, but first he needed a proper way to produce them on his own. They did not breed and Pandora would prevent him even if he devised a way for them to. So Alchemy the creation and alteration of items was his go to. He had built a small laboratory in a burrow the uruk had dug and filled it with his servants, ghouls and Uruks and all other sorts of beasts and dark beings. Dracula had been working for weeks trying to create more Uruk. It was a hopeless endeavor it seemed they never came out right or at all when he did everything he was supposed to. He worked day and night going to deeper darker depth of depravity and even dropping live humans into the vat to see if they would transform but no it never worked. He snarled and tossed in a group this time to see if there would be any difference and...and it seemingly did.

Out of the bubbling yellow concoction rose a large ebony skinned Uruk with a piercing yellow gaze, much taller than past Uruk. He had done it he would have his army and his revenge with this creation, this fruit of his labors. He cackled and reached out to it, to pluck from the vat when he tugged on it's hand simply the skin peeled off like husk of a corn cob. The Uruk let out a roar of fear as the rest of it's skin sloughed off as did it's muscle tissue and fell back into the vat. Dracula was silent for a moment and dropped the skin back into the vat then through his head back and balled his fists, screaming angrily and pounding his fists down at his sides. "Start again!" He bellowed and rushed over to the controls, putting a higher current into the vat. What was missing from the process!?

Then he sensed something, something outside his laboratory, blood. Blood so close, perhaps....perhaps killing someone would clear his mind. With that thought he stepped out and headed for the entrance of the cave. A calm face hiding his inner rage.

Roy Mustang and Edward Elric like this.
  3. Edward Elric

Alchemist
    Race:
    Human
    "Great, just great." Edward muttered to himself as he tugged himself out of the mud even more. Glancing down at his clothes, the young man sighed before he stood to the side out of the mud pool forming that he'd slipped in. The alchemist had been about to clap his palms together only to hear a blood curdling scream come from not far away enough. Glancing around curiously he frowned to himself before he slowly took a couple steps back, though from where he was supposed to be hiding from and in what direction, he didn't know completely yet.

With a chill running down his spine, the blonde clapped his hands together quickly and allowed for his alchemy to rid him of the muck on his clothing. Flashes of light and electricity sparked and crackled around the man as he worked his alchemy, cleaned off soon enough before he sighed softly to himself in return once more. But what was he going to do now about that scream?

Noticing some movement coming from not that far away, and not that far away from where he thought he'd heard the scream too, Edward was left wide-eyed at the sight of someone coming out now. Who was that? And why did they look so stoic about it too? Pressing his lips together, the alchemist ducked down behind some of the bigger plants, life once more forcing him to be begrudgingly grateful for his stupid small height. Edward watched the being quietly, eyed the space he'd come from before he heard the sky grumbling above his head once more, the alchemist would give anything to not get drenched again.

But the guy... he seemed to be, looking for something?

Edward had two options, let the man know he was there and make a break for it, or try and makes friends. Or the second option. Hide and wait out in the rain and hope the guy hadn't seen his earlier alchemic flashes.

4. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula was a man of many talents and hearing heartbeats was one that came in handy. Even over the sound of the rain he could hear the drum like beat of this persons heart. His glance locked right onto the shrubbery and brought his hands together, doing three quick claps in three beats per second. A common scare tactic for him, let them hear the sound of their heart as it began to speed up as they realized he could hear their fear. He stepped out of the cave and whistled, the clouds blocked the sun making it safe for him to step out of his cave. The rain chilled on his coat forming a slight dusting of frost on it as he walked over the mud, his feet seeming almost weightless on the thick clumps of wet, suckling earth. And he left no print in the mud as if he was just floating above the ground as he slowly made his way towards the bush. With a wave of his hand the water turned to sharp icicles and shattered, sending pieces of the shrubbery scattering all over the ground. And leaving the boy hiding behind some barren twigs. "Now that's better. It's rude to hide instead of introducing yourself to a lord."

He walked around the barren bush and stood, feet pressed together as the sides. "I suppose I should introduce myself." He pressed his palm to his stomach and held his arm outwards horizontally. "I am Vladislaus Dracula, welcome to my home, come freely, and leave some of the happiness you bring." He flashed a wolfish grin at the young man.

5. Edward Elric

Alchemist
    Race:
    Human
    What was the guy doing? It took Edward to realise the guy in front of him had a flair for the dramatics and apparently felt he had the power to make other people feel small, hunted, trapped. Now, the younger wasn't sure he wanted to be any of those, especially the first one but he didn't really have much else he could be doing right now considering how close he was getting. Could he really hear Edward's heart beating? Feeling his own pulse, the blond was shocked to find that the tempo matched, quickening in the next few moments and making him grateful he hadn't brought Alphonse despite how his brother being an empty suit of armour would have helped a lot right now.

In a flash, the younger wasn't even hiding any more, his cover blown, literally. Eyes widening at the sight, his mind immediately went to things like alchemy, and if so, was this person so advanced he too could use it without a transmutation circle? Shakily raising from where he'd been crouching, Edward eyed the man as he mentioned his name, the teenager frowning as he thought it wasn't really ringing any bells. But with how this Dracula guy said it, the blond figured it was someone he was supposed to know.

Awkward.

Home? The guy was literally in the middle of nowhere and had come out of some damn weird looking cave. Something Edward had absolutely no interest of getting involved with. But he seemed to know some kind of alchemy....
    "Its uh, nice to meet you. You got a name I can use that's shorter? Wouldn't want to ruin that beautiful name you got there." Dusting his hands off on his cloak, the alchemist had already thought of at least three different escape plans, none of which he could rely upon considering he had no idea what else man could do.

"You're an alchemist, aren't you?" Edward found himself blurting out, unable to let go of the sight he'd seen, his gloved hand now reaching out to the twigs that remained before he fiddled with one, letting go soon after.
    "How'd you do that? Without a transmutation circle." What grated on Edward's nerves was the fact this stranger seemed unbound to the law of equivalent exchange, his lips now pressing into a thin line as he'd at least managed to slow down his heartbeat.

6. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula chuckled. "I don't expect everyone to remember that name, but soon all of Pandora will know my name." He cocked his head to the side at the suggestion, wondering why he would instantly assume he had been using Alchemy with that ice magic? He glanced at the boy, perhaps...perhaps he could be of use. Dracula brushed off his coat and moved a strand of hair from his face. "You mistake sorcery for alchemy boy, not too different in spirit but in function they are opposites." He looked at the boys arm, strange that the boy seemed partially machine but the craftsmanship was exquisite. He walked around the boy like a wolf would a wounded deer. "But you mention alchemy...meaning you know of it. Interesting, very interesting because you have happened upon an opportunity, a great opportunity in the field of Alchemy...I am creating life and well have not found the suitable equivalent exchange to keep my creations alive." He stepped back towards the cave and motioned for two orcs to move to his sides. The Uruks were short, coming up to his chest in height but were covered in muscle and had muddy green skin.

"These Uruk are loyal to darkness but still they...they need to be more effective and I will make them anew."
    He smiled, his fangs bearing. "And I could use some assistance."

7. Edward Elric

Alchemist
    Race:
    Human
    "Uh huh." Came the short reply when the elder had mentioned all of Pandora apparently coming to know his name. What kind of egotistical guy thought like that- wait, Edward could think of at least one straight off the bat. One thing the blond did know about this guy, was that he was creepy but also that he had a flair for the dramatics. But it was when Dracula had mentioned the use of sorcery, magic, that he narrowed his amber coloured eyes on the individual in front of him.
    "Don't start telling me that you're calling alchemy magic." Letting out a small sigh, the alchemist rolled his eyes as he was now even stuffing his hands in his trouser pockets, looking at the man with a bit of distaste now.

"Man, and I thought I was going to get something good out of this. What a let-" But as Edward was about to call Dracula out on being a phoney for ever believing in magic in the first place, he'd been stopped in his tracks when the man had mentioned creating live. As if on instinct his hands curled up at his sides into small fists in response, eyes narrowing on the elder whilst he spat his next words out.
    "You're what?"

No one could create life unless it was through the old fashioned sense. Anyone daring to say otherwise now without some hard proof was just an insult to the losses the Elric brothers had suffered in the past and he wouldn't stand for someone else making the same mistake either.
    "You can't." Turning his angered gaze on green beings Dracula seemed almost... proud of, the blond watched them briefly, all thoughts of fleeing now gone from his mind as he was well and truly hooked.

Hesitantly, Edward took a couple of steps towards the green things, looking up at them quietly whilst he seemed to be examining them from a safe enough distance. A mirage? How long before these things fell apart? How long before- Unless-. Unless Dracula had a Philosopher's stone. The thought sent a chill up and down Edward's spine whilst he had flicked his attention over to said man just in time to see him smiling with... fangs?

"You're playing games I'm not interested in getting involved with. God seems to enjoy punishing people who dabble in these kinds of things, trust me, I came close enough once. And once was one too many times as it is." Patting his left hand over his mechanical arm, Edward knew that somewhere between the fangs and the funny business this man was getting himself into was no good. He needed to get out of there and he needed to get out now.

Turning on his heels, as if he were testing whether or not Dracula would let him walk away (though he highly doubted it anyway), Edward added just one more thing on over his shoulder.
    "But you're right about one thing. If you keep on going down this path, I doubt its just going to be Pandora that knows your name, Mr."

Now to see just how quick the stranger (and Ed) were and if he were willing to let the teenager go like that.

8. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula scoffed at the boy's doubts and motioned for his Uruk to step back he approached the boy with his hands crossed behind his back. He was chuckling right up to until the boy brought God's opinion into things. Dracula's face turned to a scowl as his gaze drilled into the back of the boy's head, he wanted to warn him did he? Then he should have been much more careful with his words. Dracula was going to get his help whether he wanted to help or not. With a snarl he was in front of him in a blur of motion and he lifted him off his feet by two fingers under his chin, the fingers were rigid not bending under the pressure like a normal finger would they just held the boy aloft. “God!? I know already of the punishment God can deliver, I have felt that punishment as he had me murdered for fixing a mistake he made but I found that he opposition offers much more leniency!” Dracula tossed the boy back with a flick of the wrist, letting him drop from his grasp. His body began to grow, inflate with muscles expanding, his skin turned to a light sickly grey and his jaw seemed to grow and elongate, opening further to reveal large gnashing fangs.

Wings sprouted from his back as he towered over the boy. The last of his human form fading away into the monstrous beast. “But you could have accepted my invitation. Now I will have to make your stay...unpleasant.”

Edward Elric and Fleet like this.
  9. Edward Elric

Alchemist
    Race:
    Human
    Alright, so religion was a touchy subject, apparently it was for the two of them. And on top of that, Dracula was fast. Oh, and insanely strong. As Edward was lifted up by his chin like he weighed nothing at all he knew how bad this was. Of course it wasn't just going to be an easy out. Wincing whilst he looked at the other man, he could feel his heartbeat betraying him whilst he tried to shut up his pulse in favour of coming up with a plan, anything better than the current situation he was in.

"You think you're the only one that got burned by God?!" Whilst Edward had never said he believed in God and was often one to shut people down about their stubborn beliefs, he had to think of some 'higher up' who had a fun time watching two kids making a mess of their lives." Edward coughed as he pushed himself up from where he had landed on the ground after he'd been tossed like a rag doll. So this guy was strong... more than strong in fact, but that didn't mean he wasn't unstoppable either. The blond brought himself up onto his hands and knees as he looked back over to where the man had once been, now a monster standing there.

He was... hideous. And he reminded the teenager of a Homunculus, because... that's what he had to be right? A Homunculus? What other possible explanation could there be. Or- Perhaps a chimera? Chimera might have been closer considering he was looking at a giant bat... man right now.
    "Now that's not fair. If someone rejects your offer, you should graciously accept and let them go." As the last word was emphasised, Edward had clapped his hands together before he placed them down on the muddy ground.

The vines from around the group seemed to come to life, a collection of them wrapping around one of the Uruk's limbs, forcing the creature to submit and help him fight. Yeah, Edward was sure he'd feel guilty about that later on, he didn't like using things or people, anything really but he had to do what he had to do to survive. He had his promises to be keeping.

With the Uruk watching his back, sometimes charging, swiping at Dracula, Edward was allowed to turn his attention completely on the monster the man had turned into. Clapping his hands together once more he had tapped his palms on the trees he would pass whilst he was running, causing the wood from the trees to remould into spikes he would try shoot out at the monster in the hopes of dealing some damage. The blond was keeping, or trying to keep a good distance between himself and Dracula, making sure to use the Uruk as a kind of defence as well but he knew it wouldn't last forever if the other one had begun to attack him too.

"Doesn't have to be this way, Mr. Wanna give up whilst ya still can?" The teenager asked as he had a kind of bittersweet smirk on his lips. Fire? Things with wings in Edward's experience usually didn't like fire, so that was an idea but the fact they were in a rain-prone area? Not exactly the most reliable thing. But what other option did he have?

Oh-.

The water. Edward continued shooting out the spikes of wood at Dracula but they seemed to be getting thicker, and as the area they fought in became a lot more crowded, the teenager had taken to climbing higher up on the wooden platforms, as if he was trying to cage in the man. His very own aviary if he could take enough small hits to stay in one place long enough that was. Edward just needed to close in that tiny bit more... just a little closer and he'd be a couple steps away to giving this guy a nasty electric-like buzz and perhaps a bigger opening in his escape plan with it.

"So how's about it? Had enough, old man?"

10. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula cursed and roared as the orc slashed at him with its crude blade he grabbed the Uruk's arm and lifted him up. The boy thought he could play with his toys then he would show him the error of his ways. But just as he was about to rush at the boy he felt the sting of something embedding itself into his skin and muscle followed by almost a dozen other projectiles being launched into him as the boy climbed up and away from him. He staggered back with his torso full of wood and black blood spewing from behind his teeth and dribbling down his chin. With an angry gurgle he grabbed the orc by the waist with both hands and ripped him in half, throwing his body aside with a spray of black thick blood spraying from both halves. With a hiss and a gurgled shriek the Uruk attempted to crawl away but didn't make it an inch before dying. Still it showed that they could with improvements survive much more than the average human.

He shrieked and spread his wings, ready to lunge at the boy. "You repugnant little shit! I will leave you just alive enough to speak and then I will get what I want from you and tear your repugnant tongue out so you drown in your own blood!" He spat out a heavy stream of spittle and dark viscous blood with each syllable.

Edward Elric and Fleet like this.
  11. Edward Elric

Alchemist
    Race:
    Human
    "No wait-!" Despite whatever tampering the Uruk had had, Edward saw life as life, it had been created and whilst he had been a coward before for not being able to end a little girl's suffering, something he had no doubt would haunt him for the rest of his life, he still had no heart to do it now. So when Dracula had ripped the thing in half, the teenager had watched in horror as it began to crawl away, looking and sounding so sad and helpless before it eventually, inevitably had died.

The distraction had caused him to stumble a little as he continued to ascend, keeping Dracula caged in as best as possible and long enough so he could just think of how to get a single start of a current going. Just enough to-
    "Oh yeah? You should take me out on a date before taking what you want from me at least. Don't you think?" Edward's bold and usually haughty exterior was now replaced with a sickening feeling that a pair of doors that lead to his escape were beginning to close on him and frighteningly quickly as well.

Whilst Dracula looked about ready to lunge at him, the alchemist had finally thought of what to do but he needed to work quickly in his desperation to get away from this nightmare. More than grateful he'd dried himself off earlier, Edward used his gloves which had been picking up static and some components from his pocket watch to amplify the shock he had planned. As Dracula was held in place just a little longer, Edward highly doubted this would do more than just slow him for a little while but it was that precious time he needed to try and get away.

Clapping his hands together, the teenager managed to send a spark of electric-like energy straight towards the elder, wincing a little as he forced himself to watch the being inevitably shake about and screech in horror before hopefully passing out. When Edward was sure he'd done enough, the blond grabbed his pocket watch but left his glove behind, figuring he didn't need it as his life was far more important at this point.

He'd descended from his height in the trees to run through the damp forest, long having abandoned having hoped to remember his way out and now instead left with the need to just find his own way out. As branches scratched at his cheeks with how close he came to them, Edward didn't care as long as he could leave that thing behind. He needed help. He needed to get out and he needed to warn people about what was going on here.

And as much as Edward hated to admit it, he was beginning to think he might need to tell Mustang about this too. But that would come in due time, first... first he needed to survive.

Fleet likes this.
  12. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula cursed and shrieked as the volts of electricity arched through his body, the damp wood dried inside of him and caught fire, charring and burning him as he rolled around and jerked in agony. Inhuman roars left his throat as the fire spread across his chest and abdomen. The heat reached a hollow pocket in one particular branch and the wood burst into splinters, tearing into his flesh with sizzles and crackles. The pain was unbelievable but Dracula knew he would do far worst once he had the whelp in his hands. He kicked around and screamed before finally he went silent, laying limp on the ground, the flesh on his torso was burned, a massive gaping wound still filled with a charred, shattered branch. His face had been demolished by the splinters, flesh peeled off one half, his nose crumpled inward and teeth hanging by threads of tissue. But still he lived, he seemed dead, playing possum and getting a second to refocus his thoughts so pain and rage didn't cloud his next attack. And then the boy was running.

Dracula at first let him think he was escaping but then he rose up and was after him at breakneck speed. Suddenly emerging from the branches before the boy. In his full human form, with the scorched branch still embedded in his chest and a smile on his face. "You can't kill me boy...I am already dead." He ripped the branch from his chest and swung it with the force of horses kick towards the boys stomach.

Fleet and Edward Elric like this.
  13. Edward Elric

Alchemist
    Race:
    Human
    Those screams... Edward didn't dare look back as they echoed amongst the trees he was running between. He lost his footing at one point and sent himself skidding across the mud, some of it spraying up against his hands and face which he wiped away as quickly as he could. He didn't have time for this, the devil himself seemed to be chasing him, or at least, someone rather affiliated with the devil.

You know, for a moment the teenager could even see a clearing up ahead as well. Perhaps a beach that he would be able to get out into the open on and gain some more distance or a better fighting ground in against this guy. But... nope. Reeling back as Dracula had appeared in front of him, the blond stared in horror at the man who definitely should not have been walking let alone breathing. How did he move so fast even with injuries like those?

Stunned into silence as he stared at the monster, Edward was soon left feeling rather breathless as he was tossed back. He swore he could hear something inside of him crack, perhaps a rib or two and whilst that hurt like hell, the boy was quick in worrying about possible internal bleeding should the bones harm his organs they were supposed to protect. Or. God forbid he break something else depending on what he landed on as he was flung threw the air.

Crying out as he had at least landed in a heap amongst gnarled tree roots on the wet ground, Edward was grateful he hadn't met the trunk of a tree in his ascent. Wrapping an arm around his chest, he had forced himself up onto his hands and knees, trembling with the pain that only seemed to increase as his adrenaline wavered inside of him. In a desperate attempt to protect himself, the alchemist smacked his palms together and pressed them to the ground, causing roots and vines to weave between the soil, compacting it with the help of the rain from earlier to form walls around himself.

"Crap..." The blond whispered, his arm wrapping around his chest again as he was closed in, darkness enveloping him though he knew it wouldn't keep Dracula out for very long. As Edward had tried thinking of what else he was to do now, from tunnels to possible flash bombs and another attempt at running, he knew he was quickly running out of options but... rain? The feeling of something dripping down the side of the teenager's neck had him wiping at it, unable to see the colour in the light but when he brought it to his nose he could smell the familiar iron there that he was never able to get rid of from his memories and past experiences.

What he hadn't realised was how his head had smacked against one of the tree roots a little too hard, causing a gash and for blood to now begin leaking from the wound. Great. If he wasn't going to die being torn apart by Dracula, then it seemed he'd possibly bleed out, a 50/50 toss up between his ribs and the head wound for now. Unable to hold himself up much longer, Edward collapsed onto his back inside the small earthen container, the cool, musky scent of the damp earth the only bit of comfort he had as he waited for Fate to play her hand perhaps one last time.

Vladislaus III Dracula and Fleet like this.
  14. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula threw his head back and inhaled deeply through his nose as the scent of blood reached his nostrils. He had injured the boy and he could hear his heart beat slowly as his body gave out and the boy slowly lost consciousness in his little shield box. He approached the box and listened before he began to tear apart the fortifications the boy had created. This one didn't need to die right away, no he knew something about what Dracula was attempting, he knew something he wanted Dracula to never know and he would not let this little brat hide his revenge from him. He tore apart the root box and found the boy out cold on the ground. He easily grabbed him by the shirt collar and carried him back to the cave. After securing him with a chain around his ankle he watched and let him rest for a while before gently smacking his cheek. "Wake up child....wake up." He started to lose his patience and grabbed the boy's throat, choking him. "Wake up!" He shoved him back. They had bandaged his head and made sure it didn't get infected, although the stitches were crude and would need some touching up every now and then. Still he'd take his time because he knew the boy would not agree with him, would not tell him what he knew of that could help his project.

"You will not die here boy, I need you. What is my process missing, what could be used to create life using Alchemy? I know you have an idea, I know don't hide it from me."
    He placed his finger on his forehead. "Or you will regret ever stepping foot in these woods."

Fleet and Edward Elric like this.
  15. Edward Elric

Alchemist
    Race:
    Human
    Edward...

As the teenager was brought through into the cooler, dark cave and lair he could remember going in and out of consciousness, the sights of jagged walls and shadows among shadows making him try to remember what was going on.

Edward, wake up...

As the voice echoed in Edward's mind again he tried to stay awake a bit longer, something that wasn't all too difficult to be doing when someone seemed to be tugging and poking something sharp in and out of his scalp. But then there was silence, no more voices, nothing at all. That was until there was an uncomfortable sensation, one that left him choking for breath, gasping and spluttering for it whilst Dracula choked and bruised his neck.

Rolling onto his side and coughing almost violently, the teenager was left cradling his arm around his ribs once more, definitely still broken and rattling about inside of there. With a small wheezing sound he spat out the blood that had collected in his mouth, realising now that the other man was still talking to him and that he hadn't quite left this hell yet.

"You still yammering one about bringing people to life?" Edward hissed in response, giving a small shake of his head before he eyed the chain around his ankle. He had been giving wary looks about his surroundings as well, trying to see if he could even locate the exit but there was nothing there it seemed.
    "There's no way I'm telling you anything... No one else needs to know about what depravity alchemy can sunk to in some cases."

With the finger to his forehead, he smacked Dracula's hand away from him before he winced at even the simple motion. How was he supposed to do anything in his current state? Especially like this?
    "Stop messing with stuff you don't fully understand, old man. It never ends well... You seemed to have at least heard that lesson already, so why won't you listen to it then?" Edward grumbled. How many more people did he have to ward away from trying to play god like this? It was sickening... When was the suffering going to be enough anyway?

Probably never...

"Hey which one of your lugs sewed up my noggin? I wanna thank em personally." With a shit-eating grin and laugh that didn't really hold much humour in it, Edward was still showing that defiant face of his, even when he stood up to odds like this. Best idea he had now? Well he could probably break free from the restraints no problem, but other than that? He didn't have any ideas, so instead he cockily looked back at Dracula, wondering how much more patience this guy had to spare before he lost it completely.

16. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula just stared with his lips pressed tightly and his fists balled as the little shit defied him till the end. He would not bow to this child's defiant attitude he wouldn't continue, risk killing him and not getting what he wanted, no he wasn't a fool, he wouldn't give everything away just because he hated to be talked back to. No he wouldn't lose it, not yet but he would make an example of him, he walked over to his tray of tools and pulled out a sharp blade. He would make him suffer for the insolence, twirling the blade between his fingers Dracula approached the boy on the floor and held the blade to his chin, pressing the tip to the skin but then he stopped...thinking about it. The boy's self preservation wasn't as strong as one other thing but there was something more he could do than torture him physically, something that had less chance of killing him before his time came. He dropped the knife and grabbed the boy's chin. "You will tell me, not because your life is on the line....but because if you don't..."

Dracula stood up and walked to the tunnel leading out of his laboratory. With a wicked grin he looked back at the boy. "But because if you don't I will go to town and vent my anger on someone instead of on you, man, woman, child, virgin, whore, rich, poor. I will make them all suffer as I drain them and then I will come back to you! And I will tell you of every whimper, every cry, every scream, jerk and struggle they make until their death. That will be your existence." Dracula knelled down and cupped his face almost like he cared about his well being and looked him in the eyes. "Or you could avoid all of this if you just tell me what I want to know."

Edward Elric likes this.
  17. Edward Elric

Alchemist
    Race:
    Human
    Edward's amber eyes sought out the truth behind the other man's, knowing that there was anger there, waiting, bubbling and ready to just explode but the man seemed to be holding it back. For now. If anything, the teenager had to give it to him for his patience. The sight of the blade didn't have him flinching, only eyeing the man as it was brought to his face but didn't do harm, his brows pulling together when Dracula seemed to have stopped himself in favour of something else.

That was never a good sign.

As Dracula stalked over to where the teenager assumed led to the exit, he watched tiredly whilst his stomach began to feel increasingly heavier with the string of horrendous words coming from the monster. That's what really made this guy the work of nightmares, not how he looked or what he could turn into, but the fact he promised to play with people's lives like they meant nothing, and Edward supposed to him they really meant nothing. Just... just play things that came and went for his disposal. It didn't matter about their lives, their history, their dreams.

"Don't you dare." Edward spat, pulling his face out of the man's hold before he clapped his hands together. Letting out a cry of anger, he slammed his palms down against the cold ground he was still slumped against, causing mounds of earth to rise in the shape of fists, aiming to hit and pummel at Dracula.
    "You're not hurting anyone else!" The younger promised, blue lightning from his alchemy still flashing around his hands whilst a wall of dirt rose up and filled in the tunnel entrance that Dracula had been intending to use, effectively blocking him in.

For now.

"Now we're stuck in here a little longer together, geezer." Came the cocky response, though Edward was soon lifting his hand to his mouth and coughing up a small amount of blood into his palm. With a sigh he lay down against his back once more, or rather, collapsed onto it, his vision going a little blurry as he seemed to be reaching his limit for today's fighting.

But if he was to pass out, he at least knew that even with tools Dracula might have down here or with his very own claws, it would take some time before they were to get through that impromptu wall he had created. And that was good. It meant Edward could protect people a little longer, just a little longer would do.

18. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula’s face dropped as the boys fists met the ground. As the earth attempted to take him Dracula hissed and swatted away the earthen fists with powerful swipes of his fists. The boy was putting up a fight and he was not happy about that not one bit. Then his exit caved in and he was left with so much rubble he’d be stuck waiting all night while his Uruk tried to dig their way out. Dracula balled his fists and his eyes dilated until the pupil was no thinner than a pinprick. He turned towards the boy with his breathing coming out in feral angry pants. They were stuck in together? Yes but that was not something the boy would continue to joke about because in the end he was wrong. There was someone Dracula could still hurt. The boy himself could be hurt and he would be hurt. Badly.

Dracula grabbed onto the boys metallic arm and with one yank he ripped it free from the socket and tossed it aside then followed it by bringing his fist down hard on the stump. “I GAVE YOU A CHOICE!” Dracula stepped back and regained his composure, fixing his coat and hair. “But you spit in my face. Remember that, remember that I gave you a chance to stop this.” He turned to his Uruk and motioned for them to get I work. “I want the tunnel open by tomorrow night.”

Edward Elric likes this.
  19. Edward Elric

Alchemist
    Race:
    Human
    Dracula had robbed the teenager of even his respite in an unconscious state. The alchemist had just been dropping off when there was suddenly a rush of pain in his body, the source of it in his right arm, or now what remind of his right arm. The nerve endings had been severed and detached so violently and suddenly it felt as if Edward was right back to that fateful night when he was still a child who had known no better. A blood curdling scream ripped from the blond's lips and echoed around the room, bouncing off of the dank walls and causing even some of Dracula's servants to cover their ears.

It seemed to be over until Dracula had then proceeded to punch him right where those remains of his arms were left. Another piercing screech left Edward as tears threatened to spill and he was brought right back to the scene of the night so many years ago. His arm twitched from the damage down, a trickle of blood leaving the corner of the boy's mouth whilst he stared up at the darkened ceiling, blind to his surroundings as he instead saw the cursed transmutation circle and the form he had brought back with his mother. A monster.

Definitely not a young boy's mother.

The vampire seemed to be done hissing at him in annoyance at least. But now Edward was stuck. He knew if he was going to help himself any further he would have to use a transmutation circle, though he doubted Dracula would exactly give him the time to do that. And if he did make a transmutation circle, it would have to be out of his own blood on a surface since he didn't exactly have anything else handy lying about.

But he was tired.

Oh so tired. The boy coughed up a little blood and spat it to the side, the iron taste reminding him he was still alive at least. But for how long?

He didn't know.

20. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Days passed of Dracula dealing with the boy, his tolerance of his mouth had been completely drained and instead he simply punished any sign of resistance, sometimes with a beating, sometimes by forcing the foul, burning grog the orcs made down his throat and forcing him to swallow. Then at night he would leave him to listen as his orcs patrolled and he left to feed, then he'd come back and tell him everything, forcing him to listen as he went in detail at every obscene thing he did to his victims as he killed him. In the four hundred yeas he had spent as the scourge of Transylvania's nights had left him with a long list of torturous methods of death. And he made the boy listen and listen as they only got more and more depraved and disgusting. He would have his secrets and he would push this boy to the brink of insanity to get them. Or he could always have just turned him when there was no other option.

But the boy was stubborn but Dracula knew that he was cracking him, slowly chipping away at his psyche. And he wouldn't rest until he had what was rightfully his.

Edward Elric likes this.