By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

No Flowers This Time

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Frisk, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Frisk

Frisk Undertale

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    May 1st
    Open!

Frisk was falling again. She had been asleep, before the all too familiar feeling of rushing air and movement woke her. What? How? She was in bed, in Toriel's (Mum's?) house. Unless it was Sans playing a trick on her (which she doubted that Toriel would condone, especially if it cut into Frisk's sleep), there was no way that this should be possible. Unless... that whole thing with the Underground, that was just a dream?

No.

No.

All of that had been too real to be a dream. And Frisk was imaginative, but she wasn't that imaginative. She landed, then, the impact not being as bad as she had expected, another point to Sans pranking her. But when she looked around, she frowned. This didn't look like any city that she recognised. Where was she?

Quirrel likes this.
  2. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Yet another day of walking around without a care in the world for Quirrel. If only he could spend every day like this, that would truly be ideal. Shame that one couldn't be idle when they had a healthy amount of wanderlust. But, as often proved to be the case, even walking around aimlessly through the streets would end with running into something unusual.

The bug heard something hit the ground with a tiny bit of noise. Turning to look at the source, he found himself gazing at a human child. With how bad he was at telling human gender under the best of times he was kind of stumped at this ambiguous appearance, though that wasn't really important now. His peripheral vision noticed some black vines quickly vanishing a bit above the kid. A new arrival, then? Seemed like they were all he ever met nowadays.

Well, even if it wasn't what he had meant to do with his day... it was really the duty of any decent citizen of Pandora to offer assistance in this most confusing part of any "immigrants" life. Quirrel walked over to the fallen child and asked "Are you alright?" He also extended a chitinous hand to help them up.

Frisk likes this.
  3. Frisk

Frisk Undertale

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Frisk looked around, before hearing a soft voice. The source was a masked bug, standing on two feet. A monster that she didn't recognise. She took the hand, letting it pull her to her feet. It felt... different. Not soft, but not like Sans or Papyrus's hands. Not as cold. It was nice, though. Warm, and slightly ...furry? "....I think so?" Frisk said quietly, looking down at herself. She wasn't injured, just confused.

As if compounding the confusion, Frisk's blankets dropped down from above, swamping her in fluffy.

Quirrel likes this.
  4. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Alright, this was a nicer experience than normal. Plenty of new arrivals would get a bit aggressive or distrustful, both due to their odd situation and the fact that Quirrel tended to appear somewhat monstrous. Well... it would be hard for a child to match his worst experiences with someone new to Pandora. Not like he'd be roped into dismembering a corpse this time, after all!

"Alright th-" the biped beetle began to say before a large amount of blankets fell on the child. "Oh dear, let me help you with those." Quirrel began to help free her(?) from the mass of blankets. Poor thing was probably asleep a moment ago, if those were brought with them. That could explain the subdued reaction.

As he worked on that, the bug continued to talk. "So, you're probably very confused right now," Quirrel opened with gently. "You've found yourself in a very odd situation. Have a seat and I'll explain to the best of my ability." He pointed a finger towards a nearby bench. "My name is Quirrel. Who are you?"

Frisk likes this.
  5. Frisk

Frisk Undertale

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Frisk attempted to speak, but was muffled by the blankets on top of her. It was a relief when they were lifted off, and she smiled at the bug-person. "Thank you!" she said, moving to the bench that the monster pointed out. He was nice, and the way he talked suggested that this wasn't an uncommon occurrence. Like Toriel, but seemingly with less pie and murder. Taking a seat, Frisk nodded, and tilted her head, listening patiently.

Quirrel likes this.
  6. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    That was some genuine gratefulness right there. Reminded him a bit of that Asriel kid from a few months ago. Made Quirrel wonder what he was up to now. He followed the fallen child to the metal bench and took a seat.

Ah, much better. Something about sitting at a bench that just cleared the bug's mind and made it easier to speak about things. "All right, then," he began to say. "I suppose I should start with where you are. Welcome to Pandora Town, biggest city in Pandora. Not that it means anything to you yet, little one."

The bug took a quick breath and adjusted his hat mask. The explanation of what Pandora was, that took the most effort. At least kids seemed to be more easily accepting of it. "Pandora is a complicated place," Quirrel started to explain. "Think about your home, your world, and now imagine there are many different worlds separate from it with different people and rules. So take beings, from humans to bugs, from all these places and put them into one world. That's Pandora. I apologize if this doesn't make much sense, explaining it can be a bit difficult. Feel free to ask whatever you wish, I have plenty of time."

Frisk likes this.
  7. Frisk

Frisk Undertale

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Pandora? That didn't sound like any place that Frisk knew. She thought she liked it, with the seemingly chaotic architecture and confusing buildings. It wasn't like any city that she had seen before. And the explanation... Frisk had heard of alternate realities. Mainly in books, or...

Beware of the man who came from the other world.

She hadn't thought about that in ages. Did that mean that alternate realities did exist? Well, apparently her being here meant that alternate universes did exist. "Is there a way to return?" she asked quietly. She already missed Toriel and her friends.

Quirrel likes this.
  8. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    So far so good. Children really were more accepting of this stuff, huh? Really made things easier for the bug, at least. Reclining on the bench like the old man he was, Quirrel wasn't in the mood to spend hours getting it through someone's head. Good thing that wasn't the case here.

"Nothing you can control, I'm afraid," the beetle replied gently. "Anyone here can appear or vanish on a moment's notice. It seems to be entirely random. All we can really do is wait and hope... well, for those who want to go home. Some people, like me, prefer it here." That was the harsh truth. Having everything left up to chance was far from preferable.

Frisk likes this.
  9. Frisk

Frisk Undertale

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Frisk frowned, but nodded. So she was stuck here. No way to return. Wasn't that what she had wanted when she had gone to Mount Ebott? But she had friends back home, she had finally saved as many people as she had. Was this always going to happen? Or was it just random, like what the Riverperson said?

She didn't know.

LOAD

Nothing. Nothing changed. As if she didn't have a SAVE point here. Like the fall. Focusing, Frisk felt the familiar rush of determination, and SAVEd. Still, she looked at the bug, and placed a hand lightly on his, looking sad. "Nothing to go back to?" she asked gently. That was the only reason she could think of to not want to return.

Quirrel likes this.
  10. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Perhaps he could've been less blunt with that. Telling a person they had no control over a situation was a harsh truth, to be sure. But a beautiful lie was a worse idea. If he wasn't in the middle of a conversation he might have actually spent a few hours thinking about it. Excessive introspection was a bit of a problem of his.

Quirrel wasn't really too comfortable going into detail about his home, considering how dark it could get, but some answers wouldn't be that bad. Kids had a way of drawing these details out of him. "Maybe," he replied. "It certainly seemed like the whole thing was approaching an ending when I left, and that was months ago. If I were to go back now... well, I'd either die or live long enough to become something worse than dead. Besides, I'm an explorer! A whole new world to journey through is a paradise to me."

Frisk likes this.
  11. Frisk

Frisk Undertale

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Frisk frowned again. The idea that being kidnapped into another world was preferable to staying in your own was... concerning. It was sad, too. Still the bug-person seemed legitimately happy about being here, which made Frisk feel happy. She supposed that it didn't matter in the end. The monster was happy about being here, and if there was no way back...

Well, she'd just have to adjust too. It wasn't that different to falling into the Underground. She just didn't have Toriel, or Papyrus, or Sans, or Undyne, or Asgore, or Asriel, or Aphys, or Napstablook, or Mettaton, or Monster Kid, or the Lesser Dog, with his oddly extendable neck, or the Greater Dog, or Doggo, or Dogamy and Dogaressa, or the Froggits, or the Temmies, or the Amalgamates, or anyone, really. She'd adjust. "I'm...glad that you're happy," she replied quietly.

Quirrel likes this.
  12. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Odd kid. The bug could tell she was thinking about something for a few moments there, probably something about home. It made sense to be thinking about that in this situation. Why was she even bothering with how he felt? There were clearly more important matters.

Quirrel looked the child over again. It was just his intuition, but there was something about them that seemed... stronger than her appearance would suggest. Not physically, but something else. Something familiar. "You're an interesting child, aren't you?" he mused after a moment. "Care a lot about others, huh? Reminds me a bit of a goat I met once. Regardless, you should be more concerned by what happens next with you instead of how I feel."

He got up from the bench in one smooth motion and turned to face Frisk. "You should probably go to the orphanage," Quirrel informed him. "The people there do their best to help children separated from their family when they are taken to Pandora. I can take you there, if that's alright with you. Shouldn't be too far away." It wasn't like it would be a terrible inconvenience for the bug anyways. He knew a surprising amount of children there, might as well use this as an excuse to visit some of them.

Frisk likes this.
  13. Frisk

Frisk Undertale

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Frisk smiled. "...I try," she replied, before the implications of what Quirrel said kicked in. A goat? Surely not.... but it could be. The only child goat monster was Asriel. In her world. Alternate worlds existed. But maybe, it was... "What was his name?" she asked. If Asriel was here, then maybe she could save him.

To an orphanage. Again. Maybe it would be nicer this time. Frisk stood up, and smiled at Quirrel, nodding. Maybe she'd manage to find a home here again. Maybe she'd manage to save Asriel.

And she was filled with determination.

Quirrel likes this.
  14. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    She seemed a bit curious about that goat, to be honest. Perhaps it sounded familiar? "Asriel Dreemur," the bug answered. "I met him a few months ago, when I was going through a difficult time. Very compassionate soul, no matter what the abomination he claimed to have been was like. Do you perhaps know him?" They had shared their stories on that day. Quirrel knew a bit from the goat's mouth regarding determination and souls. In fact, he was starting to harbor a sneaking suspicion about this child in front of him.

"Alright, well follow me," the beetle said before walking off towards the orphanage. He made sure to keep a gentle pace that Frisk would have no trouble keeping up with.

Frisk likes this.
  15. Frisk

Frisk Undertale

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    It was Asriel. It was Asriel. Frisk could save him. From the bug-monster's words, it was even Asriel after being Flowey. Did that mean that she was too late? Had Asriel reverted to Flowey? Frisk didn't know. But she had to find him and find out. Asriel or Flowey, she was going to save him. "We've met," she replied to Quirrel.

She followed Quirrel to the orphanage, hoping that it was a nice place.

Quirrel likes this.
  16. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Well that's a happy coincidence," Quirrel said cheerfully. "He's a sweet kid, gods know he deserves some people he knows." The bug neglected to mention that he figured this was the kid who Asriel said saved him from one hell of a power trip.

Having said that, he lead the small girl towards the orphanage. Once they arrived, the bug turned to give some parting words. "Just go in and tell them that you're new here," he advised Frisk. "They'll be happy to help you. Good luck with your life in Pandora."

Frisk likes this.
  17. Frisk

Frisk Undertale

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Asriel was here. Frisk skipped a couple of steps. She could save him, she could save him. She smiled at Quirrel, and skipped towards the orphanage. "Thank you, Quirrel. I hope you continue to explore."