By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private no good deed goes unwatched

Discussion in 'Pandopolis City' started by Carrie White, Oct 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie
    someday, someone will know her name

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

September 30th
    @Roman Godfrey

If it weren't for her slowly growing confidence with her power, and the few nice people she'd met here since, Carrie would have avoided most of Pandopolis after what happened with that Justin fella a while back. But she knew it wasn't entirely her fault, and he wasn't dead...which, as much as she was ashamed to admit it, she wasn't sure it was a good or bad thing. He was crazy. And she was the last person who would judge anyone.

She'd been taking more walks on her own, trying to build up her confidence of going outside without anyone giving her trouble. This wasn't Chamberlain, a fact she had started to believe in. Sure, there were unpleasant folk, but they weren't specifically targeting her, because she was Carrie. It was just bad timing.

She was sat on a bench, focused intently on the sketchpad in front of her. She was still nervous to show her hobby in public, but no one seemed to mind, and she did try to keep to the quieter parts, where she could sketch scenery in peace. Right now, she had the outlines of the trees, followed by the sidewalk below them. Her ankle was healing, fortunately it was only bruised - it could've been worse had someone not helped her.

Laughter echoed as children ran past, and Carrie tensed - she still was not entirely used to them, as even they had nothing nice to say about her back home.

However, as they climbed the golden trees, there was a cry as one of them slipped and fell from the branches. Carrie instinctively held out a hand, and the child's fall slowed, landing them safely on the ground. They had not known she had done it, as she was sat away from them, but they still looked around in bewilderment, before carrying on playing.

Roman Godfrey likes this.
  2. There were things Roman was perceptive towards, growing up with a sister who was called a freak by most of Hemlock Grove, and so when something nasty had happened, he often could tell by a simple look. A tensing through the shoulders, rigid body.

He could see that from his perch on the opposite, feeling that protective instinct rise up in a flash, only to be replaced by a sort of intrigue as the girl stretched out her hand, and one of the kids who was falling had been spared a broken bone or two.

Finishing his cigarette, and stamping it out, Roman headed towards her and then sat down, hands in his pockets. "That kid is lucky you were here. He would have had a few broken bones without your intervention." Roman wasn't accusing her - his voice held awe for that kind of power, and in turn there was respect there for her.

Carrie White likes this.
  3. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Carrie hunched down, going to back to her drawing until someone sat next to her and spoke. She flinched slightly, not having expected company and she hadn’t been aware anyone was paying attention.

“Oh, um...” she muttered, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “I’m, uh, I’m sure anyone else would have done the same,” she continued humbly, trying to act like it was no big deal. He didn’t seem to be trying to mock her, more he wasjust amazed at what she did, and she dared to look at him out of curiosity.

4. Ah, she was humble. Roman kept watching her, though it wasn't a predator watching his next meal. It was like he was watching his sister - brotherly.

"Out of experience, not everyone would have done that. The world would be a nicer place if they did though."

Carrie White likes this.
  5. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

He was still looking, but his face was soft, not like he was staring at her.

He picked up on her humility. “Yeah, it really would.” She realised her sketches were easily visible, and moved to cover them up, suddenly embarrassed.

6. Roman leaned back against the park bench, the wood biting into his lower back that went mostly ignored. Also surprising was the fact he wasn't interested in trying to rip her throat out and drink her blood - perhaps her reminding him of Shelley had helped temper that particular blood lust.

His gaze shifted towards the sketch pad and he'd now gotten a pretty good look at what she was drawing before she tried covering them up. "You're embarrassed? Why? That's really good art."

Carrie White likes this.
  7. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Drat, he’d noticed. Her fingers curled around the edge of the book, hair falling into her face. Her cheeks burned at the compliment, although her freckled skin remained pale.

“I-I’m not used to showin’ anyone,” she admitted, although her hands moved away, so he could see more of what she’d just drawn. “You, um, you like art, then?”

8. "You should show it more. It's incredible." Roman nodded, being completely honest. If the art was shit then he would say so since he didn't really sugar coat those sorts of things(others he might, but it did nobody any good if they went around thinking they were good when they sucked).

"Some. Enough to know when it looks good but don't ask me about the history of art." Roman grinned, to show he was mostly teasing as he leaned back, his bright green eyes looking up at the skies. "I'm not good at art."

He wasn't really good at anything except being a monster.

Carrie White likes this.
  9. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Incredible? Surely she wasn't that good. But Carrie saw he was being completely serious.

She smiled; she wouldn't go into detail about all her favourites then; she didn't want to bore him. "So, uh...what do you like?" ]

10. "You don't believe me, do you?" He asked, though he wasn't hurt by the lack of belief.

"I like a lot of things. Cars, books, the usual." He trailed off, deciding not to include his like for drugs, alcohol, and, oh right, blood. He didn't want to frighten her.

Carrie White likes this.
  11. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

He could see through her attempts to deflect the attention away from her. Even if he didn't sound it, Carrie was afraid she'd annoyed or upset him. "I! I just...no one's ever looked so--I guess I'm not used to anyone sayin' anythin', less that it's incredible."

She ducked her head bashfully, "I've never driven a car. You have then?"

12. "I'm sorry to hear that." And he meant it. He knew what that was like, he had seen his sister go through that and it pained him dearly to see her upset because of it.

"I can teach you if you wanted." He offered, "yep, a 1957 Jaguar XK 150. Beautiful car." He missed his car.

Carrie White likes this.
  13. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

She wanted to shrug and mumble another line about how it wasn’t his fault, it was just how it was. But her words caught in her throat at how sincere he sounded. So instead, she nodded, “Thanks.”

It sounded like the car had been very important to him, although she didn’t have any idea what it might have looked like. However, she looked eager at his suggestion, although doubtful, always unsure of her potential. “Really? You could do that? But...why? I’m just a stranger.”

14. "A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet." Roman leaned back, breathing through his nose. "I know what it's like to feel alone. To be alone. Sometimes it's just nice to just do something nice for someone."

He doubted he was making much sense but then again, he rarely spoke to many people so he never really cared about making sense.

Carrie White likes this.
  15. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

She’d never heard that phrase before, but he seemed sure of its words. Looks were deceiving; to Carrie, he seemed confident and laid-back, not the sort of person you think would ever be alone.

“Yeah, people here seem to be nice, without expectin’ anythin’ in return.” She tilted her head, “What made you think I was alone, or knew how it felt?”

16. "You're sitting here by yourself, sketching. You're shy." Roman might have been many things, and observant was one of them. Sure there were times when he misread a situation, and that often came back to bite him in the ass, though he was sure on how he felt right now.

"Before Peter came to my town, I was only friends with my sister and my cousin. To everyone else I was a freak." Even having good looks didn't stop someone from feeling the loneliness and it showed that anyone could be alone.

Carrie White likes this.
  17. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

She was slightly embarrased that he’d been able to guess all of that about her so quickly, and wished she didn’t look so vulnerable. However, any hostile feelings disappeared as he told her of his own lonely past.

“People thought that... about you?” She asked in disbelief, although her expression was sympathetic. “At least you had some family who understood...I bet that was nice.”