HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Not Much for Celebrating

Discussion in 'Blackhaven' started by Samus Aran, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Genetically Altered Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    December 24th, Year 7

It was Christmas Eve, and Samus was sitting at the counter of a run down bar in the shadiest district of Pandora Town, dressed in casual clothing and staring into an almost empty glass. Next to her was a large bottle that used to be filled with alcohol, but she was still very far from being drunk. Christmas didn't mean much to her, since she didn't grow up on Earth and she barely remembered her parents from the short years they were even together. Even when she join the federation as a teenager, it was too late for her start caring about Christmas. If she had her way, she'd be out doing something useful, but there wasn't a job for her at the moment.

She could have sat around her apartment or ship to drink alone if she wanted to, but something drove her to go out instead. Maybe it was to convince herself she wasn't being anti-social or brooding, but yes, technically being in a bar was slightly more social. Even with that in mind, Samus kept a reasonable distance from the few other customers, the slightly scarred blonde woman positioning herself in a corner seat that allowed her to see the whole bar at once. That was more instinctual than her being scared that someone would attack her, but she also had her pistol on her just in case, and her suit could be called on at a moment's notice.

2. Adam Jensen

Adam Jensen Guest

Christmas time hadn't really kept it's charm for Jensen, he had to deal with hell almost every other day of the year and mostly still had to deal with it when it was Christmas. And being an Aug hadn't helped much when most of the world was scared of the "terminator" in the trench coat walking around. But Pandora had it's advantages, being an Aug didn't matter to most, mostly because he was the least intimidating thing in Pandora. And on Christmas he decided he didn't want to stay in his apartment and sulk but go out and drink. But he also didn't want to deal with people staring at his augs all night so he went to the shadiest bar he could find where no one would look twice at another person. He had gotten used to that, first few months of having his implants and replaced limbs, he hadn't accepted them easily and sat around in denial for much longer than he should have. He took a seat at the bar and ordered a bulldog whiskey on the rocks.

His sterling black mechanical hand grabbed the glass and he downed the whiskey before ordering another. He looked around the bar and spotted a woman looking just as enthusiastic as himself sitting at the corner of the bar. He supposed he was glad he wasn't the only one hiding out during Christmas.

Samus Aran likes this.
  3. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    She noticed the dark haired, bearded man as soon as he walked through the doors, watching him out of the corner of her eyes as he made his way to the bar. She could tell he wasn't an average guy looking to forget some unpleasant things by the way he carried himself and walked. He was trained to fight. The metal hand that picked up his glass only gave her more evidence to work with. Mechanical limbs weren't uncommon where she came from, either to replace a damaged one or installed as a tool or weapon. Sometimes both. She'd been "upgraded" herself, though her augmentations were on a genetic level. But mechanical or biological, people acted differently around those they didn't consider human enough.

Samus finished her glass, and then glanced at the empty bottle with a slight frown. She pulled some more coins out of her pants pocket and set it on the counter, to the bartender's surprise.

"I'd like another," she said evenly. He looked her over, and then picked up the finished bottle to inspect the label.

"That was vodka," he said.

"Did I not pay enough?" Samus sat up a little straighter to lock eyes with him, and the bartender sighed and shook his head as he retrieved another full bottle.

"Not my fault if you poison yourself..." he mumbled after setting it down in front of her, going back to cleaning up a glass. Satisfied, she poured another serving of it to drink.

Adam Jensen likes this.
  4. Adam Jensen

Adam Jensen Guest

Adam downed his first drink after a few seconds and got another, not like he could worry, his organs were all upgraded, the sentinel health system nodes attached to his liver were breaking down the alcohol to be almost harmless to long term tissue damage. He pulled out a pack of Huff and Puff cigarettes and tapped out as singe smoke. He inhaled deeply, dragging in the smoke from the burning bundle of crushed leaves and chemicals. Deep in his chest he could hear. even though those around him couldn't, he supposed it was just his interface letting him know it was working, his lungs and windpipe filters hiss to life. He chuckled a little to himself about the comment on poisoning and looked over at the lady. "Ya know what's funny about the level of detail with this replacements? They made sure I could feel with these hands just like real ones, some people who get auged can't feel a thing but not me, I got top of the line, I can feel the paper of this, slowly heating up as the tobacco burns and the coarseness of the bar. Hell my tongue had small implanted diodes to salvage taste but one problem it’s so...”

He trailed off, thinking he was getting to sentimental with a stranger. “Sorry, seasons getting to me I guess.”

Samus Aran likes this.
  5. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Samus finished the new glass in a few seconds, and then looked back at the bearded man smoking a cigarette as he spoke about his installed parts. On some other day, she'd give a non committal answer and go back to sulking, but maybe the alcohol was actually starting to sink in now. Either that, or he was right about the season getting to people.

"It's just a reminder of what you've lost, huh?"
    she said as she poured more for herself. Maybe it'd be easier to move on if you couldn't feel anything with your fake limbs. Now he could still feel, but knew deep down it wasn't the same as before. "Don't think I'd handle that very well... Already costs me too much to get wasted as it is." It wasn't a very happy joke, but she couldn't help but smile slightly at it anyway. "Resistant genetics. Good for surviving poisons, bad for drinking."

Adam Jensen likes this.
  6. Adam Jensen

Adam Jensen Guest

Adam nodded, it sorta was that, but it was one thing that was too perfect that gave that reminder. Not that there was some lacking but they'd made his body too good. "Yeah same here with the health system but for me it's something smaller, silly really since I was about to die when they gave me these augs." He looked at his cigarette and turned it around in his fingers. "My lungs have a filter, so when I smoke I don't feel that burn you get from a cigarette, just that tiny detail makes it all feel so artificial." He took another drag and chuckled, snuffing it out in an ashtray. Some days coping was easier than others and some days he just went through the motions to avoid thinking about it. Not needing Neuropozyne helped with ignoring what he was missing. One thing he'd been hoping for was finding Megan alive but in the end she turned out to be something much worse than he he had always thought she was, opportunistic and always making excuses when her work was used for bad purposes. But she was always good with excuses and when Sarif and him fell on bad times she just landed a cushy job for Tai Yung Medical, the same people who helped start the Aug incident.

"Adam Jensen." He raised his glass to her in greeting. "Police officer...used to be private security."

Samus Aran likes this.
  7. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    She was never really into smoking, since not many humans even bothered with it anymore. That was a "habit" that had mostly died as Earth's population expanded into space and technology rapidly advanced. There were quite a few other alternatives to calm their nerves with now, but Samus didn't see much of a point in distracting herself too much, even if she was taking a break.

She paused for a second when she heard his name. Of course it was Adam. Why not remind her of him when she was attempting to forget what she'd left behind for a night? She did her best to not show that it had any effect on her and nodded back at him.

"Samus Aran. Used to be a military police officer years ago, but now I'm a bounty hunter. Easier to be your own boss sometimes."

Adam Jensen likes this.
  8. Adam Jensen

Adam Jensen Guest

Adam's CASSIE implant picked up a strange hormonal change in the woman but he didn't know what it meant. Sometimes the CASSIE didn't specifically say what the hormones meant without other info to go on. And whatever reaction she had, if it had been a reaction to him wasn't visible enough for it to catch any signs. He tapped his fingers on the bar top and smirked. Military Police, two people who had at some point in their life left the force, sitting around moping and just talking about how drinking and smoking had lost it's purpose to them. It was kinda sad, to the point where it kinda made him want to laugh. "I was SWAT, had some disagreements with the higher ups and left them, Private Security went down after the company I worked for went under." He chuckled and poured himself another drink. He didn't see the point in keeping his Interpol career a secret, interpol didn't even exist in this world.

"Used to be part of an international anti-terror force, ran by Interpol but i got here and well back to being a police officer."
    He shrugged. "It's just....I find myself saying this a lot...I didn't ask for all of this to happen. Didn't want the augments, not that dying was an alterative, never wanted to turn out to be some genetic wonder child who didn't need shots to stop my body from rejecting the augments, I never wanted to be in the middle of a shadow war with...the god damn Illuminati." He chuckled and downed his drink. "I was just some....ex cop in New York, working for my ex girlfriends boss."

Samus Aran likes this.
  9. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Hm, more similar backgrounds than I thought. My squad was similar to an anti-terror unit, but we focused more on pirate attacks. I wasn't bad at it, but I got tired of taking orders from the General on missions," she said.

Having years to think about it afterward, there really wasn't that much wrong with Adam Malkovitch's leadership. He was simply more calculating and defensive than she personally liked. She was a little more aggressive in her approaches and relied more on her instincts and personal experiences in firefights. Overly planned strategies were like outlines to her, and if she thought of something better on the way, they were abandoned. They just weren't compatible when it came to their philosophies in battle. He probably knew that already, which was why he didn't try harder to stop her from quitting.

She sighed after hearing Adam's thoughts, looking into her own once again empty cup. She could understand feeling like your life was out of your control at times. Things simply happened around you and you were forced to either accept them or give up. It seemed that neither of them were the "give up" type though.

"Didn't really get to choose to be who I am either..." Samus said. Her parents were dead, and so were the Chozo as a collective people, but she was still here, and even if she didn't agree with all the things they did, she still believed that the galaxy needed protection. Ridley had given her the stubborn drive she relied on, and the Chozo had given her the tools to fight. "But I can't change the past. If doing what I do now makes things slightly better for everyone else, then I can make that sacrifice."

#9 Samus Aran, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Adam Jensen likes this.