HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Not One for Celebrations

Discussion in 'Residences' started by Makoto Niijima, May 24, 2018.

1. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Library Cataloger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    April 23rd, Year 7
    @Jessica Drew

Makoto hadn't even asked for today off from work, it had been entirely a coincidence. Birthdays weren't really that important once you were in high school either, so she hadn't made any kind of plan beyond staying at home and doing nothing. No sorting books, no looking for targets for the Phantom Thieves, and no training. And since she hadn't gone out of her way to tell anyone, she didn't expect someone else to surprise her with anything either.

Despite it being 11 AM, Makoto was still in her room, attempting to sleep in. Maybe she'd go out later and look for a weapons store to replace her worn down brass knuckles, but right now she was trying to not think about anything for once.

Jessica Drew likes this.
  2. Jessica Drew

Jessica Drew Marvel Universe

Directory:
    link
    Today was a special day. Jessica had figured it out thanks to a little detective work. Honestly she had just checked Makoto's application form she had completed for her job in the library a while back. It was an accident of course, Jessica just wanted to find a few books for herself when she found said piece of paper on one of the main desks. Ok, so maybe she had sneaked in their archives. What better way to find out about that kind of information than through Makoto herself? She had been a little secretive about her life in general and Jessica didn't want to telegraph that she wanted to start a party for her by not so subtly asking when she had been born.

Surprisingly enough, Little Miss Overachiever hadn't woken up even though there was about an hour left of morning. Maybe that was her own version of a birthday present for herself—sleeping in for once. As much as Jessica could empathize with that feeling, she really though Makoto could do better during such an important date.

"Wake up, sleepy head. You have a long day ahead of yourself." she said, knocking on her door.

Makoto Niijima likes this.
  3. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Library Cataloger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    What was that knocking sound? She hadn't set an alarm today or planned a meet up, so she had no idea what that could be. It took her a minute to completely wake up and recognize what was going on.

Oh, it was Jess. Makoto forced herself to get up, and then walked over to open the door, not very happy.

"A long day of what...?" she asked, her eyes slightly unfocused. She hadn't even bothered putting on the braided headband she constantly wore.

Jessica Drew likes this.
  4. Jessica Drew

Directory:
    link
    Makoto opened the door, looking far from the image of ideal student she usually represented. Maybe this was a bad day for her—Jessica couldn't say she loved her birthday—but that didn't mean she had to waste an entire day doing nothing. And if she needed a pick-me-up, well, Jessica was kind of bored at the moment so it's not like she was going to miss anything by trying to help.

"Your birthday only happens once a year. I know you probably prefer sulking in your room or whatever teenagers do these days but I think it would be better to spend some time outside. You know, having fun." she said. "What do you think?"

5. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Library Cataloger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    If she hadn't be asleep less than a minute ago, she might have questioned how Jess even knew it was her birthday. This situation was... strange. It was like the exact opposite of what usually happened on her birthday. Sae made a plan for them to go somewhere, and then it inevitably got postponed because of a work issue she couldn't ignore. And now, the one time Makoto didn't bother trying to make a plan, Jessica offered to do something. Maybe she was misinterpreting what was going on here.

"I...huh? What kind of fun?" She didn't seem upset, just very confused.

Jessica Drew likes this.
  6. Jessica Drew

Directory:
    link
    "Oh you know..." Jessica answered trying to add a little mystery to her suggestion. "This is a special occasion." she added, before turning away from the door and bending over to pick up a dumbbell.

"Happy birthday." she smiled and handed the present to Makoto. "I couldn't find anything heavier but I'm sure 30 pounds is at least enough to wake up your muscles."

She kept smiling but looking close would reveal she was struggling not to die of laughter.

"Anyway, like I was saying, I'm thinking I have underestimated you. How about we push you a little more with another exercise session?"

7. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Library Cataloger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Wow, uh.... thank you!" She took it and almost tipped over before she grabbed the weight with her other hand too. "This might... take a bit to adjust to." Like a few months of weight lifting, at least. Makoto had a set of dumbbells already, but about three times lighter than this one. She set the 30 lbs. weight next to her other ones. her eyes did light up at the offer for more training.

"What kind of exercise? Wait, I should probably get dressed first..." she said, remembering that she was still in her pajamas.

Jessica Drew likes this.
  8. Jessica Drew

Directory:
    link
    Makoto accepted the gift with enthusiasm and sincerity. It's not like Jessica hadn't bought the dumbbell for her after all, but it was surprising that she barely complained about the ludicrous weight of it. She either really had a problem with sharing her negative feelings, or in her world such a gift was actually considered good and a not a joke. It was hard to tell which one was more depressing.

"...of course, don't feel like you have to rush it. Not everyone has super strength."

Given that reaction it wasn't all that unexpected for her to be excited about the prospect of even more training. Her drive was enviable, no doubt about it, but it was starting to get on Jessica's nerves. She was so used to teenagers—and adults—rejecting rules or simply deciding to do things the way they wanted without taking into account a lot of factors, that seeing someone follow each of her commands like they were orders felt alien.

"It's special SHIELD stuff, but I think it can wait for a bit while we celebrate. Put on something nice."

9. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Library Cataloger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Right, Jess was physically stronger than most people, which explained how she could handle the weight so easily. She was sure it was possible for her to lift it eventually though.

“Don't worry, I'll take it slow,” she said. This SHIELD training sounded like government level techniques, which was exciting for her, but Jessica wanted to do something else first. “Uh, sure, I'll be back in a minute!” Makoto closed the door again, and it was possible to hear her moving things around in her closet. She opened the door again in a white, short sleeved blouse with a black belt, black three quarters pants, and a pair of black dress shoes. “Where are we going?” she asked.

Jessica Drew likes this.