HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Nowhere Plans for Nothing

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by D.L. Yomegami, Nov 14, 2017.

1. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Player

Slacker
    Race:
    Living Failure

Dark Lord Yomegami's Nowhere Plans for Nothing

About MeHowdy! I'm D.L. Yomegami (D.L. stands for "Dark Lord;" it's abbreviated because I like the business card-type look). The name came from mashing a bunch of Japanese words/Okami character names together and changing some things around for originality (the exact words were "Yomi," "Yami," and "Yumigami"). At the time I came up with it I didn't realize it could also mean "God's Wife," which...was not the intended meaning.

Anyway, I'm a twenty-five year old biological male (though my gender's listed as "???" for a good reason; while I currently also identify as male, I've been having suspicions of being a transwoman for a while) who feels like he's ten years younger than that mentally, who hasn't accomplished a whole lot with his life yet. I'm an aspiring writer and game developer, but I have absolutely zero ability to motivate myself to really do either on my own time. At least roleplaying helps me practice for the former?

I'm generally quite friendly and try to be nice to people, though I also can't always into English and might type something harsh without really meaning to. I'm not that great at socializing in general, since I'm absurdly shy and tend to have a lot of trouble connecting to people. In real life I don't get the chance to get out much; I still haven't managed to get a driver's licence (I do have a permit, though) and live in the middle of nowhere. So I use places like these to make up for it, or at least attempt to.

My primary form of entertainment is video games, or lately watching other people play video games. My favorite genre is RPG, though I also enjoy platformers a lot. Though if everyone else about a game appeals to my sadly absurdly-specific tastes, I'll happily give it a shot. I also tend to prefer Nintendo and indie games.

While I'd love to expand my range of interests in media, I'm really bad about going out of my comfort zone. It's especially bad with anime; as much as I'd like to get into that, I can't do so without feeling extremely uncomfortable and worrying I'll embarrass myself. Maybe I'm too sensitive?

If I get into anything, it tends to be for the characters and story. Yes, including video games, unless it's something like Mario; that's why I tend to prefer RPGs. In general I'm fond of darkness and nightmare fuel, particularly of the surreal or cosmic horror varieties (though I can't stand super realistic gore or sexual horror; I'd rather avoid jump scares too). That being said, while I also want to see the characters struggle, I really don't like stories where they drop like flies or just generally get their hopes crushed; I'd just prefer they have to work extra hard to get their happy ending.

I also greatly prefer fully fleshed out female characters. In fact, I'd prefer if the female in question was the lead character of the work. I can't stand female characters whose only point is to prop up a male lead or even worse have no character outside of being a male's love interest. Sadly, I feel like this part, more than anything, is my biggest problem in finding new stories to enjoy.

I also quite like to ramble, because I've been doing it and haven't even gotten to the reason to how I found this site and why I decided to join. Basically, the site I was roleplaying at before this really wasn't the best place to do so; while the community's nice enough for the most part, new RPs tend to die really quickly, and the RPs that were surviving weren't up to my taste. It was fortunate that another roleplaying buddy of mine linked me to this place; I took a look, decided it was worth giving it a shot, and here I am.

The grand majority of the characters I play are female, with the few who aren't usually being nonhuman. I enjoy playing magical girl types the most (which is a problem given my aforementioned anime aversion, considering most of the really good examples are found there), though I've been trying to branch out a little. I also generally prefer playing OCs over canons, not because I don't enjoy playing canons (I wouldn't be here if I didn't), but because it's so much easier for me to create a new character than it is to find a canon I'd really enjoy playing.

Should I say anything else?...no, I think that's good for now.

Roleplay Preferences
    My posts can be anywhere from really short to really long; it really depends on the person I'm playing with at the time. Generally speaking they lean towards lengthy, however, if only because I like delving into my character's thought process as well (even if it feels like using a lot of words to say so little a lot of the time).

I'm not particular about my partner's post lengths, though it is easier for me to reply to a longer post than a shorter one.

In terms of posting rate, I usually try to respond as soon as possible, though it really depends on how inspired I'm feeling that day. In general you can expect me to respond anywhere from once a day to once a week. If it takes me longer than that feel free to give me a poke.

I'm not too particular about my partner's speed, though if I'm stuck waiting for a month or more between posts I'm going to get impatient quickly.

Communication-wise I'm not picky. PMs are probably the best way to get my attention directly, but I also hang around the Discord chat and can be contacted there if that's my partner's preference.

In terms of what I like to roleplay, my preference is slice-of-life esque relationship building (I quite like shippy fluff) without a whole lot of action. That being said, I'm up for anything so long as it works naturally for the characters; I do enjoy epic adventures every now and then (*arg*, that's the kind of story I enjoy most).

When it comes to combat and injuries: I'd prefer to work out the winner ahead of time based on logistics and stuff, so that I don't have to worry about that when it comes to writing the combat itself. I also don't want my characters getting seriously injured or dying unless I say so.

The final important thing... powerplaying/godmodding? NO. DON'T DO IT. At least, not without asking me first.

Limits
    I would greatly prefer avoiding hardcore sexual content; that squicks me out, though thankfully it seems the site rules prohibit this kind of thing anyway.

I'm also not big on super drama bombs; I don't mind putting my characters through awful situations, but I don't want them to be suffering all the dang time with little hope of alleviatation.

Finally, I'd prefer it if any relationship my characters form comes about naturally, or to put it another way I'd prefer to let the characters decide whether or not they click in any fashion. I don't like it if it's forced; it doesn't feel anywhere near as satisfying that way.

Check out my characters below!

#1 D.L. Yomegami, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 2:34 AM
  2. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Player

Slacker
    Race:
    Living Failure

Colette Brunel

Tales of Symphonia

[​IMG]

Sylvarant's (former) Chosen of Regeneration and an angel both literally and figuratively, Colette is a sweet and thoughtful girl who tends to go out of her way to help others. In fact she almost never puts herself before other people. She's somewhat slow on the uptake and can be decidedly clueless at times, but once she's figured out what the "right thing" is she won't hesitate to do it.

Sadly, the same selfless nature that makes her a good friend to have also tends to backfire on her more often than not.

Plot Stuff

#2 D.L. Yomegami, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  3. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Player

Slacker
    Race:
    Living Failure
  4. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Player

Slacker
    Race: