By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Nowhere Plans for Nothing

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by D.L. Yomegami, Nov 14, 2017.

1. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Sanely Insane

Slacker
    Race:
    Living Failure

Dark Lord Yomegami's Nowhere Plans for Nothing

About MeHowdy! I'm D.L. Yomegami (D.L. stands for "Dark Lord;" it's abbreviated because I like the business card-type look). The name came from mashing a bunch of Japanese words/Okami character names together and changing some things around for originality (the exact words were "Yomi," "Yami," and "Yumigami"). At the time I came up with it I didn't realize it could also mean "God's Wife," which...was not the intended meaning.

Anyway, I'm a twenty-five year old biological male (though my gender's listed as "???" for a good reason; while I currently also identify as male, I've been having suspicions of being a transwoman for a while) who feels like he's ten years younger than that mentally, who hasn't accomplished a whole lot with his life yet. I'm an aspiring writer and game developer, but I have absolutely zero ability to motivate myself to really do either on my own time. At least roleplaying helps me practice for the former?

I'm generally quite friendly and try to be nice to people, though I also can't always into English and might type something harsh without really meaning to. I'm not that great at socializing in general, since I'm absurdly shy and tend to have a lot of trouble connecting to people. In real life I don't get the chance to get out much; I still haven't managed to get a driver's licence (I do have a permit, though) and live in the middle of nowhere. So I use places like these to make up for it, or at least attempt to.

My primary form of entertainment is video games, or lately watching other people play video games. My favorite genre is RPG, though I also enjoy platformers a lot. Though if everyone else about a game appeals to my sadly absurdly-specific tastes, I'll happily give it a shot. I also tend to prefer Nintendo and indie games.

While I'd love to expand my range of interests in media, I'm really bad about going out of my comfort zone. It's especially bad with anime; as much as I'd like to get into that, I can't do so without feeling extremely uncomfortable and worrying I'll embarrass myself. Maybe I'm too sensitive?

If I get into anything, it tends to be for the characters and story. Yes, including video games, unless it's something like Mario; that's why I tend to prefer RPGs. In general I'm fond of darkness and nightmare fuel, particularly of the surreal or cosmic horror varieties (though I can't stand super realistic gore or sexual horror; I'd rather avoid jump scares too). That being said, while I also want to see the characters struggle, I really don't like stories where they drop like flies or just generally get their hopes crushed; I'd just prefer they have to work extra hard to get their happy ending.

I also greatly prefer fully fleshed out female characters. In fact, I'd prefer if the female in question was the lead character of the work. I can't stand female characters whose only point is to prop up a male lead or even worse have no character outside of being a male's love interest. Sadly, I feel like this part, more than anything, is my biggest problem in finding new stories to enjoy.

I also quite like to ramble, because I've been doing it and haven't even gotten to the reason to how I found this site and why I decided to join. Basically, the site I was roleplaying at before this really wasn't the best place to do so; while the community's nice enough for the most part, new RPs tend to die really quickly, and the RPs that were surviving weren't up to my taste. It was fortunate that another roleplaying buddy of mine linked me to this place; I took a look, decided it was worth giving it a shot, and here I am.

The grand majority of the characters I play are female, with the few who aren't usually being nonhuman. I enjoy playing magical girl types the most (which is a problem given my aforementioned anime aversion, considering most of the really good examples are found there), though I've been trying to branch out a little. I also generally prefer playing OCs over canons, not because I don't enjoy playing canons (I wouldn't be here if I didn't), but because it's so much easier for me to create a new character than it is to find a canon I'd really enjoy playing.

Should I say anything else?...no, I think that's good for now.

Roleplay Preferences
    What kind of plots/threads do you prefer?

If it works for the characters involved and personally catches my interest, I'm up for just about anything.

My preference, however, is slice-of-life relationship building. I greatly enjoy writing out growing friendships between my characters and others. So this means I'm usually up for a meet-and-greet, provided there's a chance it'll go somewhere interesting.

"Growing friendships" also includes romance, which is something I also enjoy writing a lot provided it's a pairing I can get behind. I'd also feel a lot more comfortable if both parties were of similar ages; even something like a one-sided crush a kid might have on an adult would be kind of awkward.

I'm also up for a good adventure or three that go somewhere exciting. That's my favorite kind of story to read/watch/play/etc., so I'll happily write one out if it's one that appeals to me.

What kind of plots/threads would you like to avoid?

Basically, if a plotline amounts to "What horrible things are going to happen to these lovable characters this time?," I'm going to want to avoid it. I can do dark and depressing, but I don't want to write solely that. Give me some lightheartedness in between the dark times, and give the good guys a real shot at winning.

I'll also generally want to avoid M-rated plotlines. I'm greatly squicked out by sexual content beyond a fade-to-black, though thankfully the site rules prohibit such a thing. I'm also not super big on gore, although I can handle written gore better than I would anything sexual.

Finally, in general if it doesn't look like a thread's going anywhere interesting or if the characters clearly aren't clicking, then I'm going to lose interest pretty quickly.

How do you prefer to handle combat and injuries?

Unfortunately, I'm very prone to getting into "My kung-fu is stronger than yours!" wars, which is why I usually avoid combat. To try and keep myself from getting into this sort of thing, I'd prefer to plan out combat scenes before actually writing them depending on logic and whatnot, so that when I'm actually writing the combat I don't have to worry about the end result.

As someone who usually enjoys seeing the villain beat the everloving -arg- out of the heroes, I'm down for getting my characters seriously injured, perhaps even killed. However, I don't want this happening without my consent.

How do you prefer to handle relationship development (friends, enemies, romance, etc.)?

As previously mentioned I love relationship development. However, I don't want to force it at all, because it doesn't feel satisfying that way. Let the characters decide if they really click one way or the other; they'll know better than their writers anyway.

Preferences on potentially triggering topics in roleplay?

As previously mentioned, I don't like sex at all. Beyond that, there's nothing that really bothers me; as long as there's some kind of happy ending available, I'm up for it.

What are your post length preferences?

I'm not picky. I usually aim for the longer side myself, although it really depends on my partner's posts. Just give me enough to work with and we'll be all right.

How often do you like to reply to threads?

It depends on my muse. If I'm really feeling it that day, I can reply several times within a day; if not, then it might take me a week or more to get to a reply. Generally speaking I aim for a post between once a day to once a week.

I do have a lot of issues, though, and sometimes I'll be too worried about or too focused on one thing or the other to focus much on writing. Do poke me if I'm going too slow for your liking; I can't say there'll always be a good reason for it, but I'll at least have some kind of explanation ready.

How long are you willing to wait for a reply?

Once again, it depends on my muse. If I'm feeling super inspired yet stuck waiting for a week or more between replies I'm going to get impatient. On the other hand, if my muse isn't feeling so hot I'll be more lenient and will be more willing to wait for longer.

Generally speaking, I'm going to wait for at least a day for all people involved in a given thread to reply.

Would you like to rapid-fire threads?

No. My mind just doesn't work that fast; I'll usually need a couple of hours at least to formulate a reply, and usually considerably more than that. Plus, my motivation's likely to give out if I have to post every couple seconds.

How do you feel about group threads?

The more, the merrier! The exception is if there's a specific relationship/plotline I feel would be better for a one-on-one, but beyond that I'm always up for group threads.

How do you feel about godmoding/powerplaying?

NO. DON'T DO IT. Unless you feel it makes sense, in which case ask me first.

How do you feel about post-splicing? (i.e. Someone replying to each piece of dialogue in your post separately)

I don't have a strong feeling about this one way or the other. It certainly feels more natural if it's not done, but if that's what feels better for my partner than I'm not going to complain.

Spontaneous or Pre-planned plots?

I generally work better with pre-planned plots. My mind prefers to take its sweet time to come up with things and think them through. That being said, sometimes my muse can handle spontaneous plots.

Anything else?

I have no preferences about communication. Generally the best way to get my attention is via PM, though I hang around the Discord so you can reach me there as well. I have a Skype too, and I'm happy enough to give it out to anyone I might want to talk to on a regular basis.

As a general note, I'm really shy and not so good with social situations. Sometimes I'll mangle words and come off as a bigger jerk than intended. If for whatever reason you're finding me difficult to talk to or just finding me generally annoying, please tell me. I really don't like making people mad at me.

Check out my characters below!

#1 D.L. Yomegami, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. D.L. Yomegami

Slacker
    Race:
    Living Failure

Lillie

Pokemon
    [​IMG]

Lillie's not-so-pleasant family life has left her shy, socially awkward, and with a dislike of conflict. Left to her own devices, she's likely to curl up with a good book. However, her not-so-outgoing nature is more than made up for by her companion: Cosmog, or Nebby as she calls it. Keeping up with her little gaseous friend has been quite the task, but she's determined to ensure it stays happy and safe.

If one can get past her exterior, they'll find Lillie to be a sweet and caring girl, who's surprisingly set on meeting whatever goals she sets for herself. She's the sort who's not difficult to get along with, though she'd rather avoid any situation where people might start getting hurt.

Current Standings
    Lillie has settled into Pandora Town's orphanage. She somewhat knows what's going on better, although she's still worried about this "curfew" thing and the reason it was put into place and generally doesn't know a lot of people.

Long Term Plans
    • To Cascade Bay: Lillie would probably feel more at home in Cascade Bay than in Pandora Town, where she initially arrived. She probably isn't getting there on her own, however; she is, after all, a little girl.
    • The Mystery of Cosmog: While getting dragged to Pandora put a halt on her plans to take Nebby to Alola's old ruins, she's still curious about it and where it came from. There's likely at least one area in Pandora that could help her with that.

Plot Ideas
    • Nebby Does Something Funny: That little gas cloud is overeager to explore and make friends. It's prone to getting into trouble, which always leads to Lillie trying to get it out of trouble....
    • Making Friends: Lillie didn't have a lot back in Alola. She could really use some.
    • Adoption: Lillie's jumped from two families in the span of a couple months, and now she's on her own again. She'd probably appreciate having a new one in Pandora.

#2 D.L. Yomegami, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  3. D.L. Yomegami

Slacker
    Race:
    Living Failure

Oh Dear; There's Nobody Here

I highly doubt I'm going to have enough characters to warrant this space, but better safe than sorry I suppose.

#3 D.L. Yomegami, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  4. D.L. Yomegami

Slacker
    Race:
    Living Failure

Oh Dear; There's Nobody Here

I highly doubt I'm going to have enough characters to warrant this space, but better safe than sorry I suppose.

#4 D.L. Yomegami, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  5. Dream

Dream Player

-Rolls in here-

@D.L. Yomegami

Hello there. I see you have a child. I also do - though mine is way more problematic. Chara Dreemurr. Both of these kiddos are at the Pandora Town orphanage, and I think it would be interesting to play around with these two for two specific reasons: Chara would most likely be more than wary of Lillie at first due to having Cosmog around. Not because they despise magical creatures - quite the opposite considering they were raised by them - but instead be wary upon learning what Pokemon are used for within the world and the nature of Pokeballs and such. They'd certainly be more than against the idea, and Chara... well, despises humans to say the least. For reasons they keep close, they view their own species as a horrible kind. Pitting these two things against Lillie makes for a rather horrible combination.

... except, and here is where my second reason comes into play, is that Chara would try and keep these feelings restrained while facing a child younger than them as Lillie. Despite the urge to throw their opinion around and make sharp comments, just because Lillie is a couple of years younger, Chara would more often back down from such directness they might use against people their age or older than them.

This could go into A) right off ignoring the other girl at the orphanage - better to, after all. Or B) let their own curiousity take ahold of them as they look at Nebby, and such.

I don't know if you want to do one of these or none, but have my ramblings here!

D.L. Yomegami likes this.
  6. D.L. Yomegami

Slacker
    Race:
    Living Failure
    @Dream

I'm certainly up for Lillie/Chara interactions!

Lillie isn't exactly the best authority on the whole Pokémon/Trainer relationship. All she has to go on at this point is stuff she's read in books, since she herself isn't a trainer (hence why she carries Nebby around in her bag rather than stuffing it in a Pokeball). Her own thoughts on the matter are...probably a little complicated as a result. Couple that with the fact she's a bit of a doormat thanks to her own upbringing, and, well....

Granted, I doubt Chara would take too kindly to Lillie keeping Nebby in her bag. She's more likely to let Nebby out of it in Pandora since the main reason she kept Nebby hidden in the first place isn't around, but given how Pandora Town's in chaos at the moment she's still overly worried about its safety.

If Chara starts off ignoring Lillie, she's likely to respond in kind. Nebby, on the other hand, is Nebby and this is Nebby in a nutshell. So there's an easy way to get an interaction started. There's also the curfew thing, meaning one or both is likely to be quite bored post-curfew time.

And there's my counter-ramblings for you, I guess.

Dream likes this.
  7. Dream

Dream Player

@D.L. Yomegami

Help the bab stop being a doormat, she deserves all the goodness considering what family she's from.

Yeahhh, Chara would not be a fan of Nebby being put into a bag like a simple dog, or at least without explanation. They'd more than likely make more than one sharp comment on that, before relenting at the thought of what's been happening around Pandora Town. They're not a big fan of the policies being put in place against magical beings themself, so they'd most likely quell their own misgivings overtime.

And oh my gosh, that video. Yeah, that would get some interactions for sure. Perhaps the two of them could meet after coming home towards the curfew time? It could lead for an opening for such interactions. (Chara would probably spend every minute they could out of the orphanage due to their own prior experiences with such places.)

Also all the rambling. Rambles are good for boucing ideas

8. D.L. Yomegami

Slacker
    Race:
    Living Failure
    @Dream

Chances are Lillie would spend a lot more time hanging around the orphanage than Chara, since she'd be really wary of the rest of the town after hearing about all the chaos (and also because she's nowhere near as self-sufficient as Chara is). So she'd probably already be there once Chara got back at curfew time.

Perhaps Nebby could greet them as they arrived or something? It'd probably be intent on exploring every inch of the place for the simple fact that it's a new place and it must see every inch of it.

Of course, Lillie's sign up would probably need to be accepted first before any of this comes to pass.

Dream likes this.
  9. Dream

Dream Player

@D.L. Yomegami

Nebby meeting them definitely works as a start! If you want, I can get a starter up when she is accepted.

10. D.L. Yomegami

Slacker
    Race:
    Living Failure
    @Dream

Sounds great to me!

Dream likes this.