By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Application Division is seeking new mods.
    Click here for more information!

Oct Recs: Duos

Discussion in 'Community Recognitions' started by Octi, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus
    Community Relations Division

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

Duos

October Community Recognitions ♦ October 1 - October 7 ♦ Octi Pick

With all sorts of character dynamics across Pandora, there are incredible duos left and right, be they arch-enemies, best friends, lovers, or something much more completed. This broad category covers duos of all kinds!

Guidelines
    • You can spotlight as many characters as you like.
    • Individual Characters: You MAY NOT recognize your own character.
    • Pairings, Groups, & Threads: You MAY recognize a pairing, group, or thread that your character is a part of.
    • Did somebody already recognize a character you wanted to recognize? That's okay, go ahead and mention them again! They won't receive an extra trophy, but they'll be appreciative!

Trophy For Recognized Parties!​
    [​IMG]

I Want To Recognize Somebody!Great! Just use the quick form below and reply to this thread!

Code:
    [blockquote][h=1]@Character Name & @Character Name[/h]
    Blurb goes here!  This can be as long or as short as you like![/blockquote]

2. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

Oh hey I get to talk about these two. What fun

It's a cute relationship and it's one that I find really enjoyable to read about. It's really funny when it wants to be, but there's a lot more than comic relief and it was cool how these two grew closer and closer to each other and went through a lot trouble along the way. Andii and Jen are both excellent writers and they make this relationship come to life really well!

Also I did not ask for those feelings in that Calamity thread. You know which one djkfhkhjs

Jen and Toby Daye like this.
  3. Fleet

Fleet Madness, it's all in the mind!

@Damian Wayne & @Lexa

Whether its chasing troublemakers in their town or just generally hanging out, these two are always a wonderful duo to watch interact and work together. Their strong friendship is a delight to watch as it continues to strengthen and develop, so it is one I will continue to watch as well as one I think others should be made aware of. for @Hunter and @Wolf rp it out so well!

@Lance McClain & @Hunk

These two are another pair well worth watching, they bounce so well off each other whether it be serious or fun, it will always be gripping to read their threads. Manipulated into laughing or crying by whatever these two boys wind up going through, they are certainly a duo to watch. As @Daddy Shark & @ScorpioRat rp their friendship so delightfully and make it worth reading

Now I am gonna include one duo I am part of, though I know this isn't really what this is for but, my rp buddy Twist is deserving!

@Clint Barton & @Leopold Fitz

The is no one who can form a more dynamic duo than these two, the nerd and the disaster ambling through life, stuck together thanks to Daisy linking the two up to become brother's in room mate glory. They are such fun to write, whether it be angsty, serious, or humourus I love our little duo. @Twist always makes the threads such fun and is a delight to rp with so seriously you should all go get threads with her right now!

4. Birb

Birb is the werb

Murder!birb
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil

@Cullen Rutherford & @Isabela

Hurr hurr, I'm not stalking it, you're stalking it. Two people that make great threads together, despite not sharing any canon screen time together. Also, I like the people who write it and I like the way they write. I won't say anything more. ;D I will just get out my 4th wall binoculars and watch.

@Haytham Kenway & @Ratonhnhaké:ton

Shoutout to mostly @Lanni since she enabled me and was a terrible influence. For the best/worst father/son duo! The drama, the sadnness, the death (thanks Calamity!). So many threads have been completed, so much headcanon plotted out, so much future nonsense plotted out. Keep frustrating your son! He needs the headache.

Lanni, Isabela and Keira like this.
  5. Weenie

Weenie 2 Sp00py 4 U

Professional Good Boi
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

@Chara Dreemurr & @Flowey

LOOK, I KNOW OUR THREADS ARE STARTING TO GET OFF THE GROUND, BUT LISTEN @Dream! I think I've seen enough of Chara (+ stalked one thread) to say that I thoroughly appreciate the way you write them and their process in figuring out that Flowey is Asriel. Even in the cbox RP we had, I enjoyed the depth you put into Chara when it's really easy to make a character like them flat or too edgy. I'm just in love with them trying to live a normal life, but constantly getting pulled into madness and I find myself wanting to read more of them. All and all, I am honored to be your Flowey! ;P Cheers to all our future threads/plotties featuring this LoVEly friendship from Hell! </3

Dream likes this.
  6. milk

milk gently curdled
    Plots & Events Division

Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    who's ready for milk to gush about a lot LOT LOT of people????
    im...gonna tRY to use some restraint here but im already sorry with how many people i'm tagging
    but also not really
    I might be a tiny person irl but i'm SO FULL OF LOVE

@Alistair Theirin + @Brunnhilde

ummmm thEY are SO CUTE?
    And perfect?
    And oh my GOD?
    Alistair is literally a puppy?
    sorry @Duck made me stalk the thread and I can't leave

@Prompto Argentum + @Noctis Lucis Caelum

okay so these bffs turned bfs are just??? my heart and souL. What I love about them, is that it's like...the embodiment of a healthy friendship/relationship. They're able to read each other and try to HELP each other. Even when Prompto is like #dealing with stuff and Noct has to push himself out of his comfort zone to be there for him like?? The fact emo sleepy bitch puts in that EFFORT for PromptO? jfc. And Prompto just??? doing whatever he can for the bff no matter what. ThEY JUST LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH AND I CRY ABOUT THEM ALL THE TIMe i am a mess don't look at me
    ily rani <3

@Prompto Argentum + @Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

I just...love their weird dynamic. They're very similar but also very different. Sometimes accidentally stepping on each other's toes, and saying "I'm sorry" at each other forever on repeat until they die. Luna very much changed his ENTIRE LIFE and he'll forever just make starry eyes at her because of it. And just...they both love Noct so much and I think that brings them close - but doesn't connect them, and they realize that. Both striving to bridge the weird gap that's there just because they don't know each other very well. BUT IT'S JUST. Such a solid combo of people. I love THEM

@Prompto Argentum + @Hana Song

I've had so many people tell us their thread is adorable and perfect.
    prob because it is
    small gentle nerd clings to HIGH LEVEL BADASS while literally jumping around and /pointing because he doesn't have any better emotes
    Despite their thread/this entire concept being super new, I already ADORE their friendship

@Ren Amamiya + @Makoto Niijima

If we look at their current thread, it seems kind of Basic™ if you think about it. But we're both so wrapped up in it, and I love it. These nerds and Not Handling Anything. Ren almost being arrested for breaking into his own apartment. Both just...a mess in the middle of a dinner. Motor cycle rides. Like. Yeah. Stupid dumb nerds.

@Ren Amamiya + @Morgana

"FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
    "GO TO BED JOKER"
    Best friends.

It's not pathetic to call a cat your best friend because 1. he talks, and 2. he's not a cat
    right
    ...right?

In reality, Morgana sort of grounds Ren in a weird way. It's hard to put into words, but they're just GOOD for each other okaY
    ;u;

@Ren Amamiya + @Margaret

Every thread we have with them is like
    A weird dance.
    It's fascinating watching them interact. Because Ren is this quiet kid who's used to the Velvet Room being an abusive and terrifying place. Margaret wants to help, but very used to a VERY DIFFERENT type of Wildcard. So they're like...learning each other. Learning how to be better people and Ren straight up learning how to be a less broken human.

@Ren Amamiya + @Futaba Sakura

They
    are
    the best
    not-siblings
    ever
    Our interactions between them have been limited so far but it's just so
    wholesome
    pure
    i love it
    laksdlkjfd

there's more but i'm trying this thing called "restraint"

7. Oddie

Oddie Make Me Real

Oddball
    Race:
    Oddity
    Directory:
    link

@Clint Barton & @Leopold Fitz

The bromance we didn't know we needed.
    Seconding what @Fleet has already said for both players! They're so fun to read.​

Fleet and Leopold Fitz like this.
  8. Luciel

Luciel The Luckster

well these are like, all pairs that I am part of, buuuut time for gushing!!

@John H. Watson & @Sherlock Holmes

okay this pair just goes to show the universal bond Watson and Holmes share no matter what universe they're from because wooow they are a dynamic duo!

chen and I have been plotting cases for John and Sherlock to go along (tho admittedly i try to stay out of the case-crafting process as much as I can so I can try to have as genuine John reactions as I can (sorry)) and each of their interactions are such a trip! Plus Chen is just such a great Sherlock and storyteller! so glad we can plot out a new journey for Sherlock and John together!

@Lucina & @Shigure

before coming to Pandora, I'll be honest, I never really thought about this being a potential duo despite the fact they came from the same series, and I even ship Laslow x Azura! but the two share such a similar past and it definitely shows their connection to each other despite only meeting for the first time in Pandora.

Shigure is that calming presence for when stress begins to build up in Lucina's mind, yet he still had that hint of a more innocent side to him that definitely helps him become a joy to interact with. Wisdom does a great job at portraying him, especially when it comes to a pair that otherwise would never be explored in the mainstream FE games!

@Trucy Wright & @Athena Cykes

okay okay hear me out I knooow we just started our first thread last night with them and it's just a texting thread BUT i have seen the future and there is just so much in store in terms of potential between the two! they're both troublemakers but have great potential to force the other to turn face to become the straight man for a while as they realize how ridiculous they are.

plus athena is gonna become trucy's magic assistant no matter what : )

Fleet likes this.
  9. InclinedToServe

InclinedToServe Leaning Towards Obedience

Student

@Quirrel & @C.A. Rotwang

Ever since their first uncomfortable and borderline hostile meeting in the middle of SIlverwood Forest,I knew I had found a character to fill a particular niche in Quirrel's relationships. Rotwang is his only acquaintance that he has a somewhat antagonistic "friendship" with, which really allows me to bring out a more sarcastic and irritated side of my bug. The way they bicker, with only a thin layer of token politeness keeping them from calling each other out, really brings a smile to my face. Here's to Rotwang's icy front hopefully breaking down at some point!

Nyami likes this.
  10. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    A lot of these are my duos because I don't read other peoples' stuff enough. ;;

@Jesus & @Daryl Dixon

I'm always very appreciative of ships that take the long road, and Blix and Loren have always been really good at the juicy slowburn.

@Aaron & @John Silver

I don't know how this ship even happened, but it's probably one of my favorite dynamics that I've written in a long time. It's funny because they're the most unlikely pairing???? But I think that's why it works because they've both sort of managed to ground each other. I just, I love them so much sOBS.

@Aaron & @Eddie Kaspbrak

These two are literally so much fun. We've only had the chance to properly thread them once, and done some text threads otherwise, but man, Aaron's life is so much more of a whirlwind with Eddie in it. He loves it, though, because he loves this kid. Even if he won't let him get a gross dog (spoiler: he's gonna do it anyway and eddie will love it. or he'll re-home the dog...).

@Merlin Ambrosius & @Mordred

YOOOOO you know how much I love the dynamic that these two idiots have. We've done a few threads so far with them and it's honestly everything I've dreamed. There's this intensity because Merlin knows what Mordred has done, but he also knows that he hasn't done it yet and there's just so much conflict in that

@Merlin Ambrosius & @Menolly

We haven't threaded them in forever, but I still need to put them here because Menolly is Merlin's oldest friend in Pandora and she will always have a special place in his heart. <3 friends forever !!!

@Emma Ward & @Robert Gray

I LOVE THESE TWO????? Everything about them is so messed up, and everything about them interacting together is even more messed up, but their dynamic is just so interesting. Emma thinks so, too, even if she won't admit it. And listen, I won't lie, I love the fact that I get a little bit of Driver out of it, too AYYYY! I just honestly can't wait to see what they get up to in this new Pandora.

@Leo Elster & @Joi

JOI, AKA THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO LEO IN FOREVER.

@Simon Lewis & @Raphael Santiago

These two have come really far in their friendship, and while I don't really know if that still applies since the current Raphael is a shiny new one who hates Simon's guts, I've loved the development that I've seen with them! Even if they do end up taking a new direction with this new Raphael, that's totally fine, too, it won't diminish the intense relationship these two have by any means.

@Monty Green & @Skye

Two people who get high together in a crappy van during the apocalypse can ONLY be best friends. And also fake boyfriend and girlfriend. We haven't done a ton with them yet, but I'm super excited to see where else they go from here!

@Peter Parker & @Kristin Ortega

I honestly find these two hilarious. Ortega has zero patience for Peter and Peter just does not care, as long as he doesn't get arrested in the process. As far as he's considered, she'll enjoy the extra help from Spider-Cop.

@Simon Lewis & @Maia Roberts

THEY'RE SO CUTE! I'm so excited that we're finally really actively doing stuff with them. I've never written with a Maia before, but you're like ... my dream Maia, she's so well written, you've got her badass nature down but also that gentle, affectionate side, and her playfulness and I just love her so much. Simon does, too.

@Steve Harrington & @Eliot Waugh

THESE TWO LOL! They're from totally different worlds by like every definition under the sun and Steve has no idea how to handle literally anything that ever comes out of Eliot's mouth. And listen, maybe he's a little in denial over the fact that he likes hanging out with him. I mean, it definitely helps that being around Eliot's magic is opening Steve up a bit more to the possibilities of Pandora so that he'll be less of a species-ist dick ...

@Tommy Clark & @Qrow Branwen

Best teacher under the sun, Qrow Branwen. But also, he's become such an important figure in Tommy's life, and I love that he does have an adult male who just genuinely cares so much about him. As a sidenote, I never got far enough in RWBY to know Qrow very well, but he's probably one of my favorite characters on Pandora, I love him.

#10 Octi, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018 at 7:38 AM
    Skye, Jesus, John Silver and 6 others like this.
  11. Siri

Siri je suis loser
    Application Division

@Jon Snow & @Daenerys Targaryen

THANKS FOR REWRITING THE SHITSHOW THAT IS SHOW!JONERYS AND TURNING IT INTO SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T SUCK W/ ME
    And u know what????
    It doesn't suck. IT'S BEEN GREAT, ACTUALLY. Idek how/if/when they're gonna end up together bitch they might but the journey toward whatever destination has been REAL, MY MAN. IT'S NATURAL. THEY'RE CUTE AS WHATEVER THEY ARE. I DON'T KNOW.

@Pietro Maximoff & @Wanda Maximoff

and thank U, BIRB FOR BRINGING MY TWIN DREAMS TO LIFE. Brobro is everything I dreamed and more. Brobro is love, brobro is life. Emphasis on the life part. You actually made me remember how much I loved and missed MCU Pietro, because he deserved heckin better and now he has better yay.

@Robb Stark & @Octavia Blake

I have like .02 awareness of what other people are doing recently but I c u guys. I c what ur doing. I approve. Tbh there are few better ways to bond than a hiking trip through the wilderness, and esp if you're warrior badasses.

12. Liquid Snake

Liquid Snake Floating between waves

Surreal explorer
    Race:
    Uncertain at this point
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Surprised no one has said these yet

@Crowley & @Simon Lewis

They seem like great drinking buddies, but whether they're sober or not they seem to have a great dynamic one way or another. A bit of love and hate there but funny regardless.

@Crowley & @Qrow Branwen

Crowley and Qrow basically seem like old lovers and or exes who've stayed together for the kids or something, always on each other's back for good or ill. It's hard to find one without the other somewhere nearby or commenting from a distance.

@Jesse McCree & @Hanzo Shimada

Are a true married couple, I'm pretty sure they adopted puppies or something together too. They're cute in their middle-aged love story.