By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Open octi misses simon :| (pls post w/ thoughts!)

Discussion in 'Character Polls' started by Octi, Jul 19, 2019.

?

Pick a canonpoint!!

1. Pre-Shadow World Human

27.3%
  2. Post-Shadow World Human

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Darkling

36.4%
  4. Fledgling

18.2%
  5. Daylighter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mark of Cain

9.1%
  7. Other ... (pls post! pls post anyway tbh!)

9.1%
  1. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus
    Community Relations Division

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Raise your hand if you saw this coming.

[​IMG]

So, predictably, I've reached the point in my rp career where I desperately miss Simon Lewis from Shadowhunters. If you don't know him, he's a super nerdy vampire who is terrible at being a vampire. I played him for many years and then dropped him a few months ago. But he's that character I just cannot live without for too long.

But also ... I don't want to just pick him up and have no idea what to do with him. And I also don't want to pick him up and do the same thing with him over again, I want something that feels fresh and new. There are a great many different places I could take him from in canon and I wanted to get peoples' opinions on what they think would be the most fun, what kind of Simon they would most like to interact with, etc.

There's a poll on this, but I would super appreciate you guys posting in the thread with your thoughts!!! Whether you know the character or not, whether you've played with him in the past or not!! I just love hearing peoples' thoughts and it tends to help me more than numbers on a poll do. <3

I'm gonna also say feel free to dump actual potential plot ideas in this thread because that will also help me massively!!!

The Canonpoints
    PRE-SHADOW WORLD HUMAN: This is both before he became a vampire and before he knew the shadow world ever existed out there. He doesn't know about demons or vampires or shadowhunters or warlocks or ANYTHING outside of all of his super nerdy comics and tv shows and games and stuff. Could be entertaining for the hilarity of "lol ur not a demon PROVE IT" and "omg ur a warlock? me too. i mean, i was once in this one campaign. what campaign are u in?" and "hey do u like LARPing? can i be the angel to ur demon?" There's a lot of potential for turning him into a vampire in Pandora, which ... I mean honestly, I would LOVE to have a sire for him to interact with right here in Pandora. Also potential to turn him into other things if I for some crazy reason want to make him a werewolf or something LOL! I don't know if I would actually want to do that. This is basically the most clean slate Simon option. The drawback, of course, is that he won't know a single canonmate outside of his best friend, Clary.

POST-SHADOW WORLD HUMAN: ... Pretty much the above, but he has very smol knowledge that things do exist. He's still taking in all in. There's not a lot of time tbh between this and the next option LOL!

DARKLING: A darkling is a human who has consumed vampire blood (... i think in the show it's one who has been fed on, period, but they don't make it super clear and also ... i don't like that, then everybody and their mother would be a darkling aslfjhalsfhalsf) and has become basically a half-Turned vampire. Darklings are drawn to other vampires with this super subconscious desire to be turned. He'll also have some boosted stamina, speed, strength, grace, etc and will just ... not be able to stop thinking about blood. So much blood. Simon wouldn't know he's a darkling, but he would start to clue in that something is seriously wrong with him, probably panic, probably cry a lot bc he legit thinks he is turning into a vampire. The catch is, he can't be turned at this point unless he's drained entirely of his blood and the affects of a darkling will otherwise just wear off eventually.

FLEDGLING: New vampire, no teacher. Recipe for disaster.

DAYLIGHTER: He's still a pretty bad vampire, but he can walk in the sun now! He doesn't really know why or how this happened. He has suspicions, but he doesn't know. I love daylighter Simon, but it's a little bit less fun in Pandora because daylighters are, like ... perfectly normal things in some fandoms, so it makes it less special here than it is in his canon where they are suuuuuper rare. But it's also super convenient for those threads where I forget that Simon is a vampire and can't walk in the sun LOLOL. Which I've done a lot.

MARK OF CAIN: Angelic rune on his forehead that protects him from any and all damage while dealing it back nine times over. Nobody knows wtf it is or how to remove it. He hates it. He regularly tries to straight up cut it off of his forehead with a knife, but that obviously super does not work. This is where I took him from the last time I played him and in some aspects regret dropping him because I missed out on plots centered around the mark of cain. At the same time, I don't think I want to just pick him up from the same exact place and continue the same exact things. Otherwise, like ... why did I take a break from him in the first place? But also, there are plots I really wanted to explore surrounding this (namely with @Lucifer) and am still interested in. IDK WHAT TO DO.

OTHER: ... I don't think there are any other options, actually LOL! I think I literally hit every phase of his canon journey, but if you have anything more specific or any ideas that stray from the above, drop them in the thread!!! <3

2. milk

milk now with more pulp
    Plots & Events Division

Race:
    some sort of elf
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    welp i'm here with zero knowledge of anything other than what i just read in the post

I voted for the Darkling thingy because I think it has the most potential plot-wise? Like him figuring out wtf is happening, hey how do i get blood I WANT BLOOD. him getting weird during sexy things and just biting someone and having to explain why the hell he just did that (i mean biting is common but i mean like DRAWING BLOOD is normally crossing a line yanno??? idk it's funny to me i'm 12). Just an entire journey in a character with how that works SO my two cents.

-plots of him being blood horny
    -plots of him trying to find ways to make it go away without blood
    -local man bites moose
    -meeting people who try to help/figure it out with him
    -dramatic breakdown threads/plots where he just CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE
    -then one day he wakes up fine (when you get bored of it) and basically goes to "post shadow-world" human, if I'm reading that correctly. So basically you get two for the price of one here - plus it lets you do things at your own speed / interest level with how quickly it stays/goes

THEN you can turn him into something else/find means to make him into a werewolf, vampire, or even let him be happy for ten minutes and live a normal life ;alks;ldjf

but with his KNOWLEDGE you can get him involved with the other spoopy people in pandora, even if he isn't one. Hell he can make friends/connections during his Darkling times then make a choice if he wants back in if it's over. Or hell, he could piss off the wrong people, bite the wrong person, beg for blood from the wrong poor hospital worker...and just end up with some sort of other supernatural thing that way (more vampire, werewolf, idk).

As for plots with MY CHARACTERS and shit you can do with them with Simon:

DAZAI: at a touch he cancels powers. in theory he could poke Simon's arm and the blood thirst would stop until he removed his hand. he could be what helps get him through the hot mess if you want? he's not exactly a good or even caring person but is willing to gently touch someone's shoulder to keep himself from watching a grown man cry ;akskdljf

ROBIN: local teen has seen too much shit, has been hunting cryptids in pandora. finds possibly vampire, tries to stake him. somehow they become friends

UMMMM yeah that's my ideas/thots/etc
    HOPE IT HELPS,,,
    <3

3. Rune

Rune The Cheery Reaper

Collecting souls
    Race:
    Undead
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    I voted for fledgling Simon because I love derp vampires who don't know what they're doing and the danger and angst that can come with it. Also, just going to imagine him getting his fangs caught on everything, BECAUSE IT'S FUNNY. Getting dressed and they're suddenly somehow snagged in his shirt xD

GhostOfHalloweenPast and Octi like this.
  4. Lanni

Lanni Player

Race:
    Human Nerd
    I'm going with pre-shadow world human. If only because (1) drama as people he's known on Pandora/he doesn't know anymore it's v sad. (2) He'd be so excited to be in a magical demension, it's adorable. (3) If you get tired of him being human, u can always have him get turned into a vampire and have some derp fledging plots!

Rune, GhostOfHalloweenPast and Octi like this.
  5. Oddie

Oddie Make Me Real

Oddball
    Race:
    Oddity
    Directory:
    link
    I'm gonna pull out a WILD CARD and say that Simon Lewis from the AU episode.

But from the poll options, pre-shadow world Simon.

Now, if only you could make him an energy vampire and join the Rowdy 3.

6. Jace

Jace an absolute fiend

Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    fledgling got a vote from me bc listen,,, none of my muses know shit abt vampires but the mentor potential is still v strong with some of them

also i just rlly enjoy simon not knowing what's up w vampire stuff bc it is all kinda weird and shitty and also hard to deal with. he deserves to have a good time and a good life but y'know there's more fun plots this way

7. Avril

Avril rad & sad

stressing over everything
    Race:
    human
    Directory:
    link
    look here. i know shit about shadowhunters BUT STILL. i voted for pre-shadow world human just bc the hilarity of it all is too much to take in. LIKE THERE ARE SO MANY people with supernatural powers in pandora, it would be adorable to have simon try to deny every fucking ~magic powers~ he encounters and besides u could have him freaking the hell out and when isn't that funny? and besides i know someone else has already mentioned it BUT if u get tired of human simon BOOM BITACH vampire simon which i would guess would be another heap of fun plus freaking out?? i just. think there are so many possibilities with human simon who doesn't know anything outside of his ordinary peasant world knowledge, idk, IT WOULD BE FUN TO WITNESS. besides if he's the nerdy type it would also be adorable to have him encounter a magician or smth agsgs, CUTE.

8. Siri

Siri je suis loser
    Application Division

ALTERNATIVELY u take total tabula rasa Simon, and we headcanon that Mark of Cain!Simon disappeared rite after Lucifer took his mark and fiddled around with it. So he can pop up sometime after Human Nerd!Simon's glorious return all miffed, bc the mark did JACK ALL FOR HIM, all "here, u can have this back CCC:"

obligatory just-a-suggestion-if-u-wanna disclaimer!!!!!

Rune, GhostOfHalloweenPast and Octi like this.
  9. GhostOfHalloweenPast

GhostOfHalloweenPast a dragonfly on their way into the sky

Writer & Half-Time Witch
    Race:
    kuo'ma
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    I haven't voted yet, because I'm super torn but: what about post-mark-of-cain!Simon? being happy, getting jacked, and like actually knowing how to do things? we all love derpy Simon. I do too. a lot. but man, I adored the hot five minutes at the end where you know he's safe and secure in his abilities and all.

it would come with Sizzy, of course, and you'd have to figure that out with @Raine certainly

but mature!Simon really was amazing for the short time we met him. hell, I mean, I guess when they're about to travel to Edom with the bonding rune would technically work as well? but yeah, five years (was it five? three?) can do a lot, you know.

it would also "fit" with Raphael turning human this season, so Simon, when he comes in, not freaking out over it, bc he knows that R's human?

if that's not your thing, which I'd totally understand, I'd probably vote for Darkling or Fledgling vampire!

Octi likes this.
  10. Emi

Emi pandora's school idol

wannabe idol
    Race:
    emo emu
    I'm not helping at all, but I went Darkling because personally it's a pretty cool in-between from vampire and regular human? And so your reasoning for the mark of cain thing is wanting something different and I think that would allow for the most different impact/interesting plotting (since pre-shadow world could be fun, but now you have him in this weird in between state that he has to grapple with and you can go so many ways with it if you wanted to).

It'd also cause for different kinds of trauma and plotting, I think? Get him into trouble for not being able to contain a need for blood? Be massively confusing? IDK These are just my thoughts.

But ultimately go what seems most fun and easiest to plot for you o/

Octi and GhostOfHalloweenPast like this.
  11. Crystal

Crystal Even in darkness, there is always light

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    I voted for Darkling Simon since that might be the most interesting to plot out. Having him struggle with how the craving for blood would be and him trying to not hurt people, as well as his humanity and all that jazz. They're bound to be some funny/dramatic situations when this happens, but this route has the most potential to branch out?

Of course, in the end, it's what you'd like to do the most! Whether you want him to be normal afterward, become a vampire or anything else, is what you'd like to do the most! :D

Octi likes this.