By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

On the faultline

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Daniel Wing, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    15 July
    @Jo Harvelle

It wasn't easy getting back to work. He had allowed himself an additional day off to just think about what to do now. That he had meds again was a good thing and he had managed to hide his health state for the first month, taking them at random and calling off the days he really couldn't keep up. After all, he knew the warning signs of the bad attacks – the building pressure, the pounding in his head, being unable to sleep. But with new meds everything could change. And if he really had a breakdown at work out of sudden, it would be way better if they knew what was wrong, what to do and whom to call. This wasn't just some cold.
    So he pulled together and showed up ahead of time, got to Jo's office room and knocked. Hoping she would be there and dreading it at the same time. After all she was his boss. He'd never had a boss before. On the streets, with Tess, it had been a lot easier, as she tagged along with him, adjusting to his schedule about everything. With June, it was equal work so he could get into discussions and had the option to leave anytime. As for the Patriots, he never had been with them long enough to get through more than one plan from the leader and it was to short of a time for them to notice his issues.
    Different here, with following orders to the point, working hard for a better position someday, because he couldn't show any job experience or education. All he had was his agility, his intellect, his ability to deal with lots of different people and that he learned fast. On good days, that would be wasted on this job, but he liked the normalcy of it and needed the money. And there was no way to know if he would get thrown out for not telling sooner or being that ill at all, which made this just as scary as facing of his execution. “I... I have to tell you something important.” he started, unusual uncertain about what to do. “Can we talk alone?” If this went bad, he didn't wanted everyone else to listen in. His plan was to tell this one person at a time.

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  2. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Homestead Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

Cultivating a new experience

[​IMG]
    July 15th, Year 7 @Daniel Wing
    Jo didn't make it a habit of hiring younger staff. There was a lot that happened at the bar that the normal people didn't know about but they were adults and could normally help themselves. Pandora had loose rules on who could be considered "old enough" to drink and the like but sometimes there were certain roles that just catered to a teen. Like dish duty. The bar owner had been in that role at the Roadhouse back home.

Still Daniel hadn't been here too long yet. She had lost a good number of staff simply by Pandora deciding the person didn't belong there anymore. There were oddities here and there but that was mostly on Jo's side. She carefully made sure which staff were allowed where based on whether or not they fell into the hunter category or not. Daniel wasn't. He was just a regular, every day teen from what she could tell.

Jo basically didn't think of Daniel too much during a shift though. He kept at his job and didn't cause any trouble. At least until he came up and asked to speak to her alone. "Okay." He looked a bit nervous and Jo couldn't help but wonder if he had managed to put his nose into something at the Homestead that wasn't supposed to be there. Like the closet full of various weapons. Or some of her journals about how to kill a variety of different supernatural creatures and their weird, gory eating habits.

Her mind went there because why else would he be nervous? She nodded towards the back where her office was, moving ahead of him so she could unlock the door and let both of them in. "What's up?" It wasn't late enough for the after dinner rush so they had some time to talk. Hopefully he wasn't about to do something like threaten or blackmail her over the shit hidden here. He'd learn a lesson quickly if he did.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  3. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Of course he hadn't told the people here much about his history – as far as they were concerned, he came from the former USA, 22th century, no magic and in the aftermath from some climate shenanigans. Nothing about the war, the experiments on him and especially nothing about him being the most wanted criminal for years. Either it would have hindered his chance to get this job or awoke pity and he didn't wanted that. It was understandable that he had to show he could work first, before he got a better position.
    But he was worried they wouldn't let him stay if there were problems and that made him nervous. Not that he was blind, in the month he'd been here he noticed there was something more going on, just that he didn't asked about it. Wouldn't be the first time he got into illegal happenings or simply more dangerous ones, but he was here to work, so he left it be. Daniel sat down at the desk, across from Jo.
    “I... got a health issue” he started. At least that sounded better than 'dying'. “Knew about that before, but figured you wouldn't even let me try if I told right away that I'm... that I might not live another year.” That had been the initial diagnosis and he had been careful to keep his fluctuating help in sync with the times he took off, but sure she had noticed that just lately he had taken some days off without much of an explanation. “But I'm into treatment now! McCoy is more optimistic, but I still have to take lots of meds and there might be side effects and if they stop helping I'll have bad attacks again and they hurt too much to work and there's the check-ups I need to go to...”
    It all broke out of him, once he got himself to start. Maybe not entirely comprehensible and only now did he look at her, clutching the rim of his shirt nervous. “It's nothing infectious! And I need the money” Always it came down to money, even if it was just the little he earned here, enough to buy food and clothes but not much more. Daniel simply feared she'd throw him out for not telling sooner, for having a fault he couldn't do much against, taking away his chance to live independent.

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  4. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Homestead Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    She didn't know what to expect from this. Not too many of her employees asked to speak to her in private unless there was something going on and Jo really hadn't happen too often. Which was why her mind was turning around the idea that Daniel was about to start asking the awkward questions and Jo would have to figure out how to scare the kid back into ignorance. She didn't want to do that but she could.

Except it wasn't that at all. Instead the kid started to go on about having a health issue and being worried about his job. Which was a little odd for Jo but it was actually slightly endearing too because only someone who cared about their job would be in here pleading in this nature. Or trying to inform her. Or something. Jo let a little bit of a sigh go, feeling relief at the fact she didn't have to try and scare the kid away. He was still too young to poke his nose into anything serious and she fully believed in people living normal lives if they could.

McCoy was someone medical in the Bay. Also a Star Trek character but Jo was keeping shit like that to herself. That was just smart. "Alright. Alright. Calm down two seconds." She lifted a hand to make a motion that he should settle down. He almost seemed panicky with the way he just kept talking! "I wouldn't fire you unless you were contagious or you couldn't do your job at all." Which was reasonable, Jo thought. More than reasonable. Those were important things to stay employed anywhere, not just at the Homestead.

"So how about we wind back a bit and you telling me some small details so I understand." She didn't need a life story. She didn't need to know all the things of whatever this was. If he had a year to live then that sucked but that was life. Jo knew all about that shit. "Is there something I or one of the managers need to do if something happens at work? What are the signs we should look for?" Jo was going to act like this was somebody with diabetes. You knew the signs, you knew what to do to help, and you kept them safe until you called emergency services. They would cover the important need to know things first before delving into the other parts.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  5. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    If it would´ve been manageable he´d never told a word about his condition, but as it was he needed people to look out for him in case he had an unexpected attack or some other issue. That he took days off was unavoidable, the check-ups alone could take a hours and he needed to get over to Pandora Town for it – by ferry, because magic made him dizzy. For him it was part of his responsibility to tell her, even if it was late.
    Just that he hadn´t expected her to not even scold him, but it threat it as if there wasn´t much of a problem. At her motion he took a breath, nodded to indicate that he wouldn´t get a panic attack or start crying or something like that. Even relaxing a bit, because this meant he could keep the job and didn´t had to worry about food again. With his health, he couldn´t do the other jobs that didn´t asked for experience, would only trigger it with anything to strenuous.
    “You won´t get rid of me because it makes me… expendable?” Daniel asked to confirm. This wasn´t how the Republic had done things. If he wouldn´t have been famous, no one would have cared. The moment he got unable to do the things assigned for him, they´d let him drop for good, not thinking about reassignments unless some higher ups played in. They had no use for people who couldn´t bring hundred percent. Give them too much trouble, you end up dead so the problem is solved for good.
    “It´s something wrong in my brain. So… I get headaches, mostly. But can´t take too much painkillers because the lesser stuff won´t even work and the hard got too much side effects and they fear for cross-effects with the other meds – advice was I should try to sit them out. Have known when to expect them a day or two ahead so far, but that´s where I can´t work, they knock me out for a day. If it´d happen out of sudden, it´s like… me, dropping to the ground, crying from pain. Might get unconscious. Last for hours and no one knows what will happen, so you should call emergency service. Direct them to McCoy – got my meds with all the time too and the data is stored on my ID tag.” He grasped the little metal thing he always wore around his neck, the military cord keeping it there secure.
    So far for the basics. “Otherwise it´s nausea or dizziness, which might be more from the nausea preventing me to eat, rarely a loss of balance or my sense of direction or memory lapses where I can´t recall anything, but none of that lasts longer than some minutes. Usual I just need a short break and then I´m fine” That wasn´t a problem as much as the attacks, could he catch himself or play over it like he had the past month. And he really hoped to never have a bad attack here, but that only worked if he could take that days off on a short notice. The hospital visits he could schedule as needed.

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  6. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Homestead Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

This kid sure had some weird thoughts in his head. Who knew what kind of world he came from? Jo didn't want to think about it. It could have been a "normal" world and it could have been worse than her own. She wasn't in the habit of trading life stories with her staff and the blonde kind of wanted to keep it that way as much as she possibly could. But there was a little bit of a snort as the kid brought up the fact that he was expendable. He really hadn't been in Pandora all that long, had he? "Everyone's expendable here. I hire someone and they can be gone the next week because Pandora changed its mind." That could have been said for Jo as well but she had been here over two years now and didn't seem to be going anywhere. She felt like a rock in a stream but that was alright. There was nothing to go back to anyways.

Maybe his situation was different. There had been plenty of companies back in the states that would have gotten rid of someone who was terminally ill but as long as it wasn't contagious then Jo really didn't care. Still Daniel decided this was some sort of sign that he could just vomit up more words but they were all about his illness. Jo just couldn't believe that there was so much talking involved in the explanation. She could have thought of a bunch of different ways to say it. Headaches, out from work every one or two days when it happened, on meds. Drops on the ground, cries, blacks out. Call emergency and ask for McCoy. She noted the metal bracelet where the details were stored. And that was really all she needed to know.

"I'll have to tell the bar managers so they know when I'm not here." That wasn't a question. Whether he liked it or not, Jo wasn't around all the time and she wasn't about to let something bad happen while she was around or wasn't around, plain and simple. So if Daniel wanted to stay employed at the Homestead, that was something he was going to have to agree to. "But I think we can manage that much." It wouldn't be too complicated for them and Jo could just make sure that someone was in his general area on a regular basis so they wouldn't discover him in one of the storage rooms hours later. It wouldn't be too difficult.

But there was something she was curious about. Not about his illness. Instead she was curious over one little detail. "How long have you been in Pandora?" Jo didn't think for long but Daniel could have just been one of a sea of others in any of the towns while Jo had been guarding caravans. The blonde didn't want to think on that part of her life too much but it was a good thing to keep an eye on all the same.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  7. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    He simply nodded at the statement that she planned with everyone vanishing anytime, not dwelling on the matter. Better than having her change her mind about allowing him to keep the job. So far the boy just couldn't bring himself to think that any friends and connections he made would one day be futile, because either he or the others disappeared back in their place. What he needed was stability and normalcy and if he needed to turn ignorant of some things to accomplish that, it was worth a try.
    That he kept talking, trailing off, was more a sign how much the whole situation scared him, how he lacked some adults to talk with – he had friends, his age mostly, but if it was too much for him sure they couldn't deal with it either and while Spider was older, he was the kind of fun person who freaked out at serious things, was he too afraid to lose him if it got brought up one time too many. So the only people knowing where the ones he had close contact with: Spider, who'd dragged him to the hospital first place, his doctor, his roommate and now Jo.
    Daniel gave a calm "Ok" at the prospect of telling some other people. This was what he was here for after all, to get it managed. He just had a hard time telling it himself, despite the fact that he didn't asked for much – no easier work, no payment for off days, no pity or pleading in tears or having a breakdown on here. It was a terrible thing and all he did was presenting her with the facts as best as he could and asked that they did what any reasonable being would do: call a doctor on a medical emergency. Given that he almost never worked alone anyway, that shouldn't be hard to handle.
    “About two months” he answered the question about how long he'd been around. Probably the first straight answer in this talk, but it was one on safe terrain. Unless things were about his health, the boy could voice his thoughts clear and follow orders with ease, had proven that much in the time he worked here. “Been longer for you, right? You're well established here, know a lot about the happenings of this place, have seen people vanish...” Quick wits he had and this wasn't a threat, just a hint that just because he couldn't show any school, he wasn't dumb or blind, had noticed things happening around here.

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  8. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Homestead Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Jo wasn't trying to be a reasonable adult in Daniel's life. The blonde wasn't the most mothering type or anything of that nature. She was realist and she had never gotten the need to be motherly to anyone. She was just speaking realistically and in a way she would have wanted to have been spoken to at his age. At any age. He seemed to take things pretty well, agreeing to what she needed and calming down. All that he could do really because if he continued to break down into a panic attack. Because then she would have doubted his ability to do his job if that had happened.

Two months wasn't too new but it was still new enough. "Yeah, I've been here awhile." To the point where most people had been here less than she had instead of the other way around. "Just around two and a half years." Which was long enough for her to really know the place. To be a decently known name in some circles and have a bit of a reputation. But anyone outside of the caravan circles might not have known who Jo Harvelle was.

"Don't predict too much in Pandora but yes, people vanishing seems universal for the place." Everything was random beyond that. Because the world was constantly throwing new things at them. Magic rings, evil clones, and everything in between. It was something that was admirable but if you let your guard down, then it would surprise you. You'd die, leaving in another manner. "But it should be easy enough. If you don't call within a week of missing a shift, I'm going to assume you're not calling back." That was probably more than enough time from what Daniel had discussed. A couple of days at most if it was bad and he had gotten some help.

Besides it was reasonable. It was around the same time she pegged for replacing those who might have vanished via Pandora. She couldn't wait too long for her staff to pull themselves out of whatever trouble they had managed to get themselves into. A bunch of different situations that Jo couldn't help with even if she knew about them. There were limitations on how she could play "savior" and being a hunter took up more than enough of that category.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  9. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Realistic talk was fine with him, better than illusions about how this should go on. After all it was work, business, not something between friends. She wanted to know if he could work and what would happen, he wanted to inform her about the consequences his health had. Like not being able to work at some times, having to take his medication and maybe needing breaks. But it wasn't something that made him unable to do his work if he kept to the rules of the doctors, and as he wanted to live, he would do that, no matter how horrible he thought it.
    More than two years. A long time to learn and settle, time that might not be left for him. Daniel shook that thought off, it would bring him nothing but sadness. Better to concentrate on the now and think about everything else later. Every day means a new 24 hours. Seemed his motto was still valid. The offer to give him a week to call in was more than fair and should be enough, since at worst he had to expect some days where he was unable to do anything. “That's fine.” he agreed. “I'll give you notice if I have to stay longer in the hospital” That way she'd have the time to find a replacement, even if he hoped to have the chance to come back.
    “They'll have to do surgery eventually, but that's months away.” If he would live till then or survive it was another question. Something he didn't wanted to face yet, when he'd just started treatment. At least here the doctors didn't talked about how it was inevitable and all their efforts just extending a life already ended. But there was something at work he worried about, now that he knew he could stay and was realistic about how his health prevented actions he was used to. Daniel looked at Jo. “Do I have to worry about that other business of yours? - Don't get that wrong, I don't care what exactly you do nor wish I to take part in that. All I want to know is if it might came back to me and if I'd be safer having some weapons on me.”
    Jo could do whatever she wanted, all he wanted was to do his work. Nothing more. But he wasn't a child or some teenager who didn't knew a thing about illegal doings or dangers. What he had done had come back to his family, he didn't wished this to happen to him too. All he wished for where some straight answers so he could sort it and prepare.

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  10. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Homestead Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Things seemed to go in agreement easily enough. They had an understanding and expectations of each other. She wasn't firing him and he'd still work when he could, communicate when he could not. Which was really like all the other working relationships she had with her employees. He was the only one that had a chronic illness issue that made it slightly different but now Jo knew how to handle it and who to call so her own hands would be clean if something went wrong. She wouldn't feel guilty if she just followed every step she was supposed to if he started showing the signs.

Maybe that was a little callous but Jo couldn't be any other way. She had a business to run and a life to live. Daniel wasn't the victim or target of the supernatural. He had something wrong with him that Jo couldn't do anything about, so the blonde didn't even try to take up that gauntlet. Things were going fine and smooth into her mind, right up until the kid suddenly brought up the thing she had first thought they were going to talk about.

Her hazel eyes focused in a second, moving from where they had just been lightly watching his face, to locking her gaze on his. Her other business? Then talking about weapons? Jo just stared at him in a manner that suggested he had asked all the wrong questions. Frankly, he had offended her. He was a kid at best and here he was begging for his job only to follow up by questioning what she did here. That was her business and not his.

"I think you need to be careful what questions you're asking." It wasn't a threat, it was a warning. The blonde could easily fire him for a thousand different reasons. "If you're that concerned with my business and too bored with your own, I can fix that for you and you can find a job somewhere else." Not a single member of her Homestead staff had ever gotten hurt. There might have been a few close calls but someone like Daniel wouldn't have made a difference. In fact, he should be running instead of trying to do anything stupid because he was armed. That was just stupidity speaking.

So he had gone from putting the situation at ease to stepping directly in the shit. All with arming her with some knowledge that would help protect what she did. It would be easy to discredit the memories of someone who had that kind of illness, to prepare to cover everything up, and explain that it was just so sad that Daniel had such terrible headaches that it scrambled his thoughts. Surely it would get better when he did. And that wouldn't be personal. That would be protecting hers and what they did. Saving lives. That was something Jo was perfectly fine with doing since this kid had to assume he had a right to something that was none of his business. They weren't equals and this conversation didn't make them friends. Daniel had misread the end of this conversation or her realistic nature as an invitation.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  11. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    It seemed like a fair deal to him, that he worked as much as he could but was allowed to take the leaves he needed without consequences expect that he wouldn't get paid for off-time. He understood that, didn't wanted pity. The Republic had thrown money at him and that hadn't made him any more happy, giving him too much time to think while he had nothing to do. No, he wanted to earn his living as long as he could. Normal. All I want is to have something normal.
    That they knew now took some of the burden of his shoulders. Less to worry about, since it could be fatal if no one cared for him during a breakdown and he simply couldn't do it himself. Of course he wouldn't let it slack, owned her as much for giving him the chance to stay – Daniel was realistic, with his situation it wasn't likely to get a new job. Not with his fluctuating health, no education and only a criminal record to show for his abilities, as well as a Score no one cared about. A perfect 1500 points in his Trial where no use for people who didn't understood what it meant.
    But getting caught up in different trouble wouldn't do him good either. Despite her staring at him just like the officers whenever he showed the rebellious spark he'd inherited from his father, he simply looked back, defiant, standing up for his rights. She couldn't scare him that easy. It was his own fault, he had this streak to ask questions that could easily get him into this sort of trouble. John had warned him multiple times about it, but the boy couldn't just change who he was. This was a part of his smarts, his high perception and after his history he wouldn't just let a potential threat slip by. They were talking now, so he could bring it up just as well. Especially with his situation laid open.
    “I'm not concerned with your business. I don't want any part in whatever you're doing – all I want is some normal life for once. But I need to know if I'm safe here, because I can't defend myself as I used to, not in this condition, and my last 'work' ended with me in the mid of an assassination attempt, fleeing across a warfront, crashing in a plane and getting shot at while somehow improvising a speech to prevent a civil war breaking out in my home.” He didn't took his gaze of hers, speaking with confidence. “So please don't take me for some dumb kid. I had my share of 'business' going on and I don't want that anymore. All I want is a simple Yes or No to the question if it'll get me in any danger, nothing more. Promise I won't bother you about it again.”
    Might not be easy to trust some run-off teenager, but he wasn't a troublemaker. He'd known about that quite some while and not said a thing, not letting anything show and neither sneaking around where he didn't belonged. And nothing prevented it from going back to this, as long as she could offer him a bit of safety. Having another thing to worry about just didn't worked, Daniel already had enough on his plate with his health, not even counting the memories he carried with him.

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  12. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Homestead Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

This kid had to be stupid. Maybe being ballsy had gotten him through a couple of tough situations in his life. This was not one of them. In fact, it was about as far from acceptable in Jo's book as one could get. The reason her world worked the way it did was because everyone followed orders. Her orders. That was the agreement in order to help the other hunters and for risking the Homestead in the way she was. They had been successful on more hunts since it had started this way and Jo had no intention of destabilizing that situation because one little jerkwad didn't understand how things worked at her bar.

Daniel didn't understand that. He didn't understand the position he was in and he certainly didn't understand the fact that she did not need to know his damn life story. It didn't matter. Not if he wanted to keep his job. None of it mattered, because she wasn't about to be bossed around by an idiot or a kid. Not with what she did and not because he felt he was entitled to anything at all. He was a dumb kid. Not because he wasn't capable, for all Jo knew that was exactly the sort of thing that someone could pull off in his world, but because he didn't know when to keep his mouth shut. Hunter rule number one. He wasn't going to hack it even knowing the basics. She had done nothing but shown him a decent level of trust and respect in what he had told her about his illness, and then he had shoved all of that down the shitter in the next two seconds.

So he was a dumb kid and he was about to get his first real world lesson in that department. "No. Because you're now fired." She had been perfectly fine with his illness. Perfectly fine with having to help him if it kicked in. Perfectly fine with all of it right up until that point. Now he had stepped over the line because he felt like being ballsy and just showed Jo that he wasn't the type of person she needed working at the Homestead. There was too much at stake.

"Your last pay will be ready by the end of the week. I'll mail it to you. Don't come back." He didn't have a key and he hadn't been trusted with anything that could honestly get her in trouble. Someone might be suspicious for a little bit but Jo didn't care at that point. The blonde just looked at him, fully expecting Daniel to get up and walk out the door already.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  13. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Stupid was probably the last thing Daniel was, but his experiences, his world, had shaped him. He never had been one to just follow, asked the wrong questions, looked at things that shouldn't interest him. The Republic had noticed that early on, that while he was eager to do his assignments and actual good at them, he'd always question it. Silent at first, but speaking about if the chance presented itself and not just leaving it at an incomplete answer.
    The boy didn't meant to boss anyone around, disliked leading positions, but after June and the situation with the Patriots he wouldn't just take a possible risk. Not if his life might be at stake. This wasn't the first time he got that lesson, it simply didn't settle or change his habits. Especially not here, where for once he could be who he was without being hunted for it. That would be the last thing he needed.
    Daniel took it calm that he just lost his job – with the life he had a job wasn't his top priority. It was useful, better than going scrapping, it was the bit of normalcy he longed for, but if it wasn't meant to be, well then it was like that. He had got by before, had already some small savings that would get him over the first days. Maybe he'd get another one. Or it was back to roaming the streets, only with the difference of having a fixed place to stay. Things would work out.
    “Fine.” he simply replied, not angered, not bitter, nothing but stating a fact. Unless there was good reason for it, he wouldn't make her any more trouble, got up and left just like that. They didn't had to pass in bad spirits – he had stated his business, she wasn't ok with it. Nothing personal. At least she didn't tried to kill him outright for it. Republic had been more up for such solutions.

(OOC: I'd say that's finished here – he's to proud to come back on it XD )

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  14. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Homestead Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Jo thought Daniel was stupid because he wasn't understanding what position he was in. He had no leverage. He had no clout. It wasn't like he was so important to the business that they could never make due without him. He had just come begging for Jo not to fire him over his illness in a basic panic, yet he thought he had a right to things he didn't have a right to. That was stupidity. He had barely taken a breath in between spouting off nonsense about his life and his condition to making demands. Anyone who wanted to keep their job should have known better. She was going to chalk that up to immaturity though because she also thought he belonged in that category.

He didn't really react after she told him he was fired though. Just sort of sat there for a few seconds before accepting his fate and leaving. She sat there for a little bit longer to think about what he had said before deciding that it wasn't her business. She'd put up a want ad for a new busboy (or girl or they or purple spaghetti monster, Jo really wasn't picky) and call it a day. She actually rang up the other busboy the Homestead had and offered him another shift. The other one could pick up some more hours until the position was filled.

Employees came and went; this was life in Pandora. She hoped Daniel would get better but she also hoped he'd learn a few life lessons out there. She wasn't going to think about him or care about him within an hour or two but she hoped for a few seconds that he would learn to think things through a bit more. Either way it was probably for the best that he wasn't working at the Homestead anymore.