HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

One man's blessing is another man's curse

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by Maglor, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Maglor

Maglor Tolkien Legendarium

Musician
    Race:
    Elf (Noldo)
    June 10th year 6
    @Apollo

It has been noted in the lorebooks and histories detailing Arda's First Age and the War of the Jewels, that among his brothers Maglor son of Fëanor was among the kindest and most reasonably minded of his brothers. This "kind and reasonably minded" elf also took part in swearing an unbreakable oath of vengance, helped to start a rebellion against his world's gods, and participated in three sperate massacres. He could be as stubborn and as proud, as quick to anger and as difficult to move from his path as his family name proclaimed him to be.

And thus, it should come as absolutely no supprise to anyone that upon discovering just where it was Apollo had holed himself up, a legion of balrogs would not keep the elf from giving the sun god a good peice of his mind, let alone Apollo's son.

"Eru damn you Apollo, and may you languish upon Thangorodrim's peaks!" His first words, as he stormed into the room, door slamming open in his wake. "I have had my language stolen from me, whenever I pass by the laurel tree just outside of my own home I am filled with an overwhelming melancholy, and I am glowing brighter that Laurelin at her full waxing!"

To be fair, as a high elf of Valinor, born in the light of the Two Trees, Maglor had always carried about him a subtle glow, and this was nothing new. Rather, it was the intensity of it which only seemed to grow in relation to Maglor's emotions.

It almost seemed as though Maglor was attempting to set fire to Apollo with only his gaze. "Undo this. Now."

((Hope this works! If anything needs changing just say so :) ))

2. Apollo

Apollo Percy Jackson and the Olympians

God | Teacher | Nurse | Musician
    Race:
    Olympian God
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Apollo was sleeping when he heard the door to his room slam open so hard it banged against the wall and shook the bed he lay on. With a startled gasp, the now mortal god shot up into a sitting position and instantly regretted it as the world spun around him and his shoulder burned like fire. Groaning he fell back onto the bed and pulled one of his pillows over his head to try and block out the shrieks of the most annoying man in the world, Maglor.

Alas, his efforts were pointless. The angry voice of his temp range through the room like a sound of a thousand drums beating at the same time. Pounding through his brain leaving a painful ache that Apollo was certain would kill him if the man where to continue. His teeth ground against the pain as he closed his eyes and tried to turn that other man into something silent. Like a flower. Something that was actually pleasant for a change.

But that was something that would not and could not be for he had no more of his own power. He had given it all away with the thought that it would help and in a way it had. He wasn’t dead at least. Just extremely extremely mortal. He could feel it in every part of him now. He was a sack of human fleshy meat and a broken one at that. His attempts had cured his potential death problems but his body, which had maintained its strength through godly power, was now a mess of pain and exhaustion.

Maglor’s yelling was not helping in the least. In fact, it both caused him pain emotionally and physically. It also made his blood boil with anger? Could the elf truly think that he had wanted this? Did he think that he wasn’t to give his power to some ungrateful idiot like him? Hades no! If he could have survived while maintaining his power he would have. And this man came here, throwing his sacrifice and gift in his face.

If he had had the energy to do it, Apollo would have punched him right then and there. He had about enough of Maglor’s attitude. Alas he didn’t. But that didn’t stop him from chucking his pillow at Maglor’s face with what strength his did have as he yelled, ”Go away, you ungrateful bastard!” not knowing it would cause him more pain to do this than it would have to just listen to him complain.

His already pale pallor (which was uncommon for him as it was) paled even further as he bit back a shout of brain that tried to force itself through teeth and closed lips. He clutched to his wounded shoulder as he saw dark spots blur his vision. Unable to hold himself in the seated position he had taken to throw the pillow, Apollo weakly fell back on the bed and did everything he could not to follow his new mortal instincts and cry. He only half managed it as tears gathered in his eyes threatening to pour out.

He would never forgive him if he did.

3. Maglor

Musician
    Race:
    Elf (Noldo)
    He grabbed at the pillow flung at him as it spun just inches before him, a reflex trained over decades worth of arguments and fights with his own family growing up. And ai! Did he sound more like one of his brothers in their youth rather than any one of the Valar in their full dignity and glory as well. ”Go away, you ungrateful bastard!” Perhaps this was why he'd dared to bring himself here now, and approached this as he had. His interactions with Apollo -- because Apollo was not one of his own gods, because of Apollo's own personality, Eru knew the exact reason why -- somehow lacked the same gravity that challenging Morgoth upon his front gates or defying the Valar to their very faces would have had.

And so, snatching the pillow from the air and tucking it under his arm, He sauntered forward, towards the bed ignoring Apollo's words as though he'd never spoken them. "Consider this repayment for your own visit to me in February." The elf replied. He paused for a moment, eyes flickering over Apollo's form, his pallid, weakened appearance,the way he clutched his shoulder before falling back onto the bed. A frown just began to tug at the corner of Maglor's lips and despite himself he felt his anger begin to fade, that glow around him dimming.

Still. There was a part of him that could not help but find some amount of schadenfreude in this situation.

"You have an entire world of people here, Shockingly some of them are even musicians," Maglor drawled, dropping the pillow back onto Apollo's bed, "I m sure you could have thought of someone else who would be more grateful for...this." He shook his head, raking a hand back up through his hair, eyeing Apollo once more. "Eru," He murmured, "But you look like hell..."

4. Apollo

Apollo Percy Jackson and the Olympians

God | Teacher | Nurse | Musician
    Race:
    Olympian God
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Perhaps if Apollo were in a better mood he would have been in a more understanding mood. Alas, he was not in a better mood and he was not understanding. Maglor complained about losing when all he had done was received gain upon gain. Apollo was the one who had lost everything. He wasn’t even himself anymore. He was something else. A gross meat sack suffering from a wound he hadn’t deserved. Well Maglor complained about losing his language, Apollo lost everything that he was and hearing those complaints were insufferable.

If he had the energy to do it he might have gotten up and punch the elf right in his smug nose regardless of the fact that he was now a god. Instead he just glared at him from the bed where he lay weak and unable to do anything. If he was trying to embarrass him he was doing a damn good job at it.

”Oh yes, because I really wanted to give you a piece of my power. That’s exactly what I wanted to do,” the now mortal god said with a rolling of his eyes in an unmistakable sarcastic tone. ”What does it matter why you were chosen? It can’t be changed now. You’re stuck like that as much as I am stuck like this. If you have a cure for whatever malediction that has put me in this position I’d be happy to take my power back but until then you’re stuck with it.”

Then, without another word, he turned his head away from Maglor and stared at nothing in particular. If he didn’t catch the hint Apollo would make it more clear. His presence was an eyesore and he didn’t want him around. All it did was make him think of what he had lost and Apollo hated him for it.

5. Maglor

Musician
    Race:
    Elf (Noldo)
    The longer elf and god spoke, the more and more familiar things began to feel. Ai! How could a being who supposedly ruled over the sun, over music, over -- Eru, if Maglor's reading over the cosmologies and myths of other worlds were correct, than over the thousand and one different spheres that Apollo apparently ruled over -- how could a being with so much responsibility be so incredibly immature?

"Ai, eru, is this Moryo who speaks?" Maglor muttered, voice pitched low enough that the elf almost exhaled the words. Hand pressed to temple, Maglor's head shook. Apollo's words were certainly dripping with enough sarcasm to have come past the lips of the fourth son of Curufinwë Fëanáro, especially if caught in a particularly foul mood. The wort part of all was, Maglor might even have felt a certain amount of sympathy for the pathetic lump of a god now turned away and staring at the wall as though the streach of plaster provided a much more pleasurable view of the room than the area where Maglor stood.

Well, Maglor might have if Apollo hadn't been acting like such a pathetic lump. Nor as much of a hypocrite. After all, was not Maglor experiencing right now the very transformation of being that Apollo had gone through?

Eyes rolling up towards the ceiling, Maglor sighed, "Yes," The elf drawled,"keep displaying an attitude unbecoming for a child of barely fourty."

#5 Maglor, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018