By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Application Division is seeking new mods.
    Click here for more information!

Private Opening Old Wounds

Discussion in 'Threads of Time' started by Genji Shimada, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch
    To know yourself is to be at peace.

Bodyguard/Ramen Shop Owner
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Jack Morrison

November 13th
    The past few days were tough, to say the least. Not only had Genji been attacked by someone who was apparently very bitter about the downfall of Overwatch and even thought he had some involvement in it, Angela apparently knew who he was and refused to tell him out of respect for them. To add to that, Genji had a fire lizard to take care of, one that was just like a baby: very noisy and keeping him from properly sleeping which just allowed him to think back on those events for longer.

He needed to know the truth and for that he looked for one Jack Morrison. He was the face of Overwatch and that attacker was obviously going after all the Overwatch members it could find, so no doubt he would've went after him. Genji invited Morrison to one inn called The Eagle and the Dragon, having gotten his contact information from the man himself during Angela's Halloween Party.

The contents of the invitation were simple enough, Genji told him there were important things he wanted to talk with him and he accepted. This would also be a good opportunity for the two of them to have an actual conversation with each other, catch up on the time lost and overall just socialize a little.

And so the cyborg was sitting at the counter of the bar, holding a bag with some meat for Kaida to eat when she started feeling hungry. For now the green mini-dragon was behaving, lying down on his lap and seemingly trying to get herself some sleep. The chatter going around was keeping her up, but it looked like she was about to power through it regardless.

All he had to do now was wait for Morrison to arrive.

#1 Genji Shimada, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Jack Morrison likes this.
  2. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack didn't know what it was Shimada wanted but he knew he had to go and see him, if they all knew he was still alive there was no point in hiding from them. So when he got the message to come and meet him at the inn. He left his safehouse, lightly armed with just a pistol in his waistband. He was in civilian clothes, jeans, grey shirt, and a dark brown jacket. He was still trying to get back on good terms with Angela while still trying to figure out how to get rid of Gabriel. Things were bad and he was just trying to get some good sleep and prepare for the worst. Maybe Shimada could help with that, he had been one of Overwatch's top wet work operators back when Blackwatch was still around and after mellowed down a little he became a pretty good agent stealth or no stealth. So if anyone could understand why Gabriel needed to be taken down it would be him, hopefully. Jack walked into the inn and spotted the cyborg easily among the crowd, he made his way over and sat down next to him.

"Shimada, you called for something important I'm guessing."
    He took off his jacket and dropped it next to his stool, looking down at the lizard the ninja had brought with him.

Genji Shimada likes this.
  3. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Morrison didn't take very long to show up and once he sat down he went straight to the point. No attempt at small talk, not even a "hi". He came to that meeting with a purpose in mind and that was to find out what Genji wanted and that was about it. Honestly, the cyborg was glad for that because he really didn't want to stay out there for too long with Kaida buzzing in his mind.

"Three days ago I was attacked by a figure in all black, wearing a white mask, who carried shotguns with himself and had the ability to turn into black smoke." Genji stated everything as if he was reading a shopping list, there was a tired sound to his voice due to lack of sleep, but he was still holding up well enough. "Angela knew who he was, but she would not tell me. I was hoping you could enlighten me on what is happening."

#3 Genji Shimada, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  4. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack let out a small chuckle, an angry, rueful chuckle. Of course he attacked Genji, probably thought he'd betrayed him because he moved on from BlackWatch, Gabriel that son of a bitch he just had to open up old wounds whenever he felt like it. Jack looked at Genji and thought, Angela hadn't told him, that was a mistake, everyone should know who was going after them. Because he was the same son of a bitch who'd betrayed them all so long ago. He grit his teeth and breathed out calming down so he wouldn't be too loud, he leaned closer and let him listen to his voice. "That son of a bitch who'd attacked you, that's the ghost of Gabriel Reyes, he did something, mutated himself and he's some sort of ghoul now, he thinks Overwatch betrayed him or something, he's tried killing me multiple times, he's insane and angry and Angie still refuses to accept that."

He was still angry she supported Gabriel, that she tried blaming him for trying to deal with him, he hadn't just tried killing them, he had murdered innocent people in Pandora, and she thought he could be saved. Maybe just maybe he didn't deserve saving. "Someone has to deal with him, he's...dangerous to all of us."

5. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji wasn't expecting such an... emotional reaction coming from Morrison. The man let out a chuckle, one that was so bitter and angry one that there was clearly no humor in it. Then he told him the truth and everything instantly clicked with Genji. He faced Morrison, visibly stunned even though his face was covered, processing everything that was being told and being almost unable to believe any of it.

"... Reyes' ghost, I suppose that would be a fitting description, or maybe his shadow." Genji sighed. That coupled with the exhaustion he was already feeling at the moment was leaving him almost numb to any kind of emotional response. "So that is why Angela did not want to tell me about him..."

Reyes had been his commander and a good friend, Genji was also aware that Angela got along very well with him and so the idea that he would turn out like that was probably very difficult for her to accept. She always did try to see the best in people and maybe she thought that there was a chance that things could go back to how they were before. It was hard to tell who exactly she wanted to protect by refusing to tell Genji who his attacker, but given the circumstances, it really sounded like she was doing it for Reyes' sake.

"He is dangerous alright, I'm only alive right now because he was more interested in interrogating me than killing me." Genji lowered his head, trying to sort out all the thoughts going on in his head as he absent-mindedly fed Kaida some meat "And how do you plan to deal with him?" He asked, looking back at Morrison.

6. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    There'd been multiple times Reyes had almost killed Morrison so he knew how dangerous he could be. He wanted him dead not just to end this but because he was a threat to him, Angela, and anyone else involved with Overwatch in any way. A loose cannon going around and blasting through the city on some vengeance spree. If he hurt any of them Jack would have been on a warpath and if Angela refused to speak to him afterwards so be it, at least she'd be safe. "She thinks he just needs help but look at what he's become, what he's done, what he tried to do at the headquarters." He pointed to the long jagged scar across his face. A souvenir from those times. He had the opportunity to end it there and he didn't take it, he just assumed he'd be dead and gone and now his mistake was coming back to haunt all of them.

"I plan on killing him, it's all that can be done now, he's too dangerous."
    The soldier had come to terms with that, it was just anger at his betrayal anymore, he was threatening his family.

7. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Morrison pretty much confirmed Genji's guess regarding Angela's thoughts on this whole matter. It was a bit of a naive way of thinking and yet... Genji couldn't help but agree with her to some extent. He knew Reyes was dangerous better than anyone except probably Morrison, but part of him wondered if there was something that could be done to stop Reyes without needing to kill him off.

"And how do you plan to kill him? I sliced him clean in half and I am sure he survived it." Genji questioned, slightly tilting his head in curiosity.

Genji had taken notice during the fight that his attacker seemed to be shrugging off his injuries like they were nothing, outside of the initial surge of pain that is. Not only that but since he could disperse into a cloud of smoke, that meant being sliced in half likely meant nothing to him at the end of the day.

Aside from how you could possibly kill someone like that, something else caught Genji's attention: The whole matter of the Swiss HQ and the events that led to it's destruction, as well as the assumed deaths of both Morrison and Reyes. He thought he would never know of what really happened there, given how he was far from Overwatch when it all came crashing down, but now he was speaking to one of the two man that had gotten themselves caught up in all of it.

"Speaking of the headquarters, what exactly happened back then? All I know is second-hand information that came from the media, as well as what Angela's own thoughts from an interview she had."

8. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack shrugged, he had no idea how he'd killed Gabriel but that wasn’t gonna stop him from trying. Gabe has been going after him anyway and things were gonna spiral at some point he needed something concrete in order to stop him but he’d cross that bridge when he got there hopefully it would be soon and the nightmare could end. And then he and Angela could move on with their lives. “I don’t know how but there’s gotta be something I can do, whatever he did to himself with McTaggert has to have some weakness I mean he was dead for sure when I last saw him before all this.” And then came the loaded question, he hadn’t really wanted to talk about what happened between him and Gabriel with anyone.

“I don’t really know Genji, you were in Italy, you saw what happened something snapped and I think he just decided his Justice was better than the system’s and we just kept fighting over it and then..,someone took advantage of that and tried to blow us both up, I don’t know why the fight broke out maybe he thought he could lead overwatch better with his methods or something more complex happened. All I know is a man i’d have followed to hell tried to kill me.”

9. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji had a feeling that Morrison was keeping some things to himself, but he still got the important things. He wasn't sure how Reyes could even be killed in his current state and confirmed that he didn't know who had blown up the HQ, meaning that it most likely wasn't Reyes himself as some people had grown to suspect. There was an obvious suspect, but nothing that could clearly indicate them, other than previous acts.

Still, there was something that felt off about everything, about how Reyes ended up falling into the path he was in now. This was too much of a drastic change and even Genji, who had only personally known Reyes for two years, could see that. All in all, the few answers he was getting were just raising more questions.

"I wonder if killing him is the right thing to do." Genji voiced his thoughts, sounding contemplative as he looked down at the fire lizard on his lap as he pet her "It feels like there is more than it meets the eye regarding this whole situation and I cannot help but feel like what is happening with Reyes is not as black and white as it looks."

Genji then glanced at Jack, figuring that the man wasn't there to hear any kind of excuses that could be made for Reyes' behavior.

"Make no mistake, if I see that I have no other choice, I will do what I can to put him down. I just feel it might not be the best way to go about this."

10. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Black and White didn't matter to Jack, what mattered was what Gabriel had done, the crimes he'd committed and the attempts he'd made on his life. He wasn't going to let that man continue to walk the streets, not after everything. Whatever past they had be damned, the man he was before then was dead and he might as well send the body to rest as well. He was never going to get Gabriel back, he knew that, no prison would rehabilitate him. Never again would he give him second chances, hell he'd given him plenty, to the point the phrase second chance was a ridiculous understatement. Jack looked to Genji, wondering how he was hesitant all of a sudden, the kid had been part of Blackwatch, he'd seen the damn thing Gabe had done, he knew what someone as broken as Reaper could do with Gabriel's past and his skills. "Remember this, Gabriel is dead, he's been dead for a long time, Reaper is all that's left of him, to me...it's a mercy Gabriel gave up the right to a long time ago."

Jack leaned forward and looked Genji in the eye. "But if you can think of a different idea, then please say it."

11. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Did he have a different idea? Truth be told, no, he didn't. He had just learned who his attacker was and what exactly happened with Reyes was still a mystery that only the man himself would be able to tell him. This lack of information was what kept Genji from going all out and do something about Reyes. For now, he needed to think about everything carefully.

"I am afraid I am far too tired to be able to think of a solution for the problem so soon." He let out a tired chuckle as he fed Kaida some more meat. "I will keep you updated on whatever I come up with though, you can be sure of that."

He wasn't siding with Reyes on this matter. He was hurting people, killing them for reasons Genji couldn't understand. Morrison wasn't wrong in wanting to get rid of him, but Genji knew better than to make a hasty decision like that after just learning about Reaper's identity.

"You can count on me if things get really bad. Trust me, the last thing I will be doing is protect Reyes after everything he has done."

12. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    He knew the kid had some reservations and he didn't exactly blame him but still he wanted this handled quickly before it could blow up into something worse. Seeing someone at least getting the reality of the situation was good though he wasn't angry with Genji for being hesitant because he was still trying to figure out what to do. Gabriel couldn't be killed easily and he couldn't even find him! Jack leaned backwards and scrubbed his hands over his face, so much of this was getting out of hand and he was losing sleep over it. He was worried about everything that could go wrong. Was he scared of the threat of dying? No but that didn't mean he wasn't trying to avoid it at all costs.

"I know you will, you ended up a good egg Shimada, despite everything. I'll have to think on some things since he's not exactly something to easily kill."

13. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Looked like he had earned Morrison's approval in the end. The commander did seem to have grown to be a more jaded person after everything that happened with Overwatch. Understandable, given what happened, but he was hardly the beacon of hope that he used to be. People changed all the time and some ended up going through dark paths. Genji had managed to escape from it and now he wanted to help his brother do the same.

But he still had to wonder if it would be possible to save Reyes as well.

"Sometimes all it takes is the right person to guide you to the right path."
    Genji replied, a chuckle escaping from him. "Let me know if you find anything that can be used against him. Now that I know just what he is capable of, I will not be letting him catch me offguard anymore."

Whether there was hope for Reyes or not, it never hurt to be prepared. Genji knew Angela would be upset with him going along with something like this, but he wasn't about to get sentimentality hold him back. If Reyes wanted to be a problem, then Genji would do what he needed to deal with him, peacefully or lethally.