HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Organized Moonbeams or Some More Clever Title

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Moonbeam Funk, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Moonbeam Funk

Moonbeam Funk Player

Race:
    Spooky Ghost
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

A Disorganized Organizer

by Moonbeam Funk

About MeI'm some dork of a 26-year-old dude. I have trouble saying anything about myself, so this section isn't going to be very interesting to read unless you like watching me put myself through suffering. I like games, anime, cartoons, and all that. I spend way too much time on the internet, and online roleplaying has been a hobby of mine for almost a decade and a half at this point. I like to think that means I've improved a lot and only gotten better, yet I'm pretty aware of some of my greater flaws like excessive purple prose and filler. Some people dig that about my writing because they LIKE watching me ramble on with getting into my character's head, though I do wish I were a bit better at getting to the point. You'll probably only see me claim characters from animated/drawn mediums on this site, or perhaps a character from novels if I really feel like it, but I enjoy plenty of live-action movies and some shows too! It's just not as many characters from those grab me as much, I guess. Maybe some day I'll break that mold, who knows?

Roleplay Preferences and LimitsFeel free to check out this old thing I filled out for one of my previous Pandora Plotters, with detailed answers that are pretty much all still applicable to me today. If you want the tl;dr, it boils down to the fact I don't really have that many limits in terms of what I'm willing to play out on Pandora with you guys, and any limits I do have can be found and cleared up rather easily. I love combat RP and social stuff, so my preferences are usually just "whatever I'm feeling."
    Player Preferences

Check out my characters below!

#1 Moonbeam Funk, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  2. Moonbeam Funk

Moonbeam Funk Player

Race:
    Spooky Ghost
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    IZUKU "DEKU" MIDORIYA
    Aspiring Hero, Hardworking Student, and Dorky Fanboy
    Profile | Directory

FRIENDS
    [​IMG]

I mean just look at the guy! Although he's a bit of an oddball and far from a social butterfly, he's got a good heart, which leads to being the type of person who can easily form lasting bonds with people. So long as you can put up with his quirkiness (pun intended), a friendship with Deku is more than possible. Although becoming his friend isn't difficult, it can at times be stressful to maintain it. Deku will support you to the best of his ability, and you'll likely serve as a point of motivation for him as well, but his attitude will put him in far more danger than you may be comfortable with due to the nature of his Quirk. Deku's TRYING to get better in this regard and definitely has improved, yet if he's pushed he'll still fall back to rushing in recklessly just to do something, ANYTHING, to save someone. Even if it'll put him in the hospital again. You'll have your hands full with this guy, but Deku's one of the most loyal friends you'll ever make.

[​IMG]

ENEMIES

This tends to be just as straightforward as being his friend! He's a young hero-in-training, so if you're a villain, you're typically his enemy by default. Anyone who willingly threatens the lives of innocents will likely earn a good punch or kick to the jaw if he can reach you. However, sometimes villains can make things unfortunately complicated for him. If a villain actually has an understandable righteous goal, Deku can't help but sympathize to some degree. Don't get me wrong, Deku will absolutely still fight them because hurting people is bad, he just has a more experienced take on the subject than one might think for his age. Somewhere along the line, Deku started to learn that even "heroes and villains" aren't always so black and white. Even a villain can actually share his ideals, despite having far more extreme methods. This can create a stronger conflict, though of course Deku will always side with whichever method aligns with his own self-image of what will bring about peace. In his mind, hurting innocent people simply never has a good justification regardless.

LOVERS
    [​IMG]

Sorry, everyone! This dork has way too much on his plate as a new arrival in Pandora, and even before then he wasn't exactly dedicating much of his time to think about romance. He has a goal, to be the strongest hero, and he's pretty hard-focused on that goal. Besides, even if he weren't, Deku isn't exactly the type to get flirty or anything. He's as much of a dork as you can guess, with all the romantic experience that implies. Still, he HAS gotten a lot better about at least speaking to girls and properly befriending them, as he's done with all the girls in his class to at least some extent. Feel free to things like one-sided crushes or doing something that might fluster him, but aside from that I'd say Deku's not a completely eligible bachelor at the moment. Besides, he already has someone he'd be thinking of back home if you brought up romance.

NOTES / PLOT HOOKS
    • Not your everyday comic book superhero - If you're used to heroes from settings like Marvel/DC, you'll be thrown off a bit by some aspects of Deku's life. For one, superpowers aren't a rarity in his world! These "Quirks" have come to be developed by 80% of the population, so it's actually the Quirkless who are a minority on Deku's version of Earth. Also, being a pro hero is, well, a profession. They form or join their own special agencies, get paid by the government, and have their own schools all over the globe aimed at shaping high schoolers into becoming one. As a result of this, a lot of heroes don't even really have secret identities, since most of them can have their origins traced back as far as what school they went to anyway. You can find just as many heroes who don't even include a mask or helmet on their costume as you can ones that do, so a lot of heroes just don't really have much to hide about what they do. Some heroes can choose to remain more obscure if they're not a fan of the limelight, but a majority of them will have at least some reputation. Deku's one of those kinds who doesn't really use a mask with his current costume, so if you're a villain who wants to use his not-so-secret identity against him somehow, feel free to it!
      [​IMG]
    • Nerdy fanboy might study you - Deku has a talent for analysis that lends itself really well towards developing strategies and figuring out how both his allies and opponents tick. Even before he became a hero, Deku constantly took notes on every hero encounter he witnessed as it was still going on in front of him. What's this hero's Quirk? How does it function? What are its strengths? Its drawbacks to being used? Other weaknesses? What's their fighting style? Can their movements be used against them? Deku is pretty in-depth, and he'll probably end up needing more notebooks if he takes interest in enough of Pandora's massive populace. Another odd habit of his that's likely to get someone's attention at times is his tendency to ramble off when deeply focused, mumbling his own thought process to himself very rapidly. It's a bit awkward to witness, even to his friends, but that's just how this guy is. Maybe his visibly nerdy habits could be what encourages your character to strike up a conversation with him? Perhaps you have a character who's really interested in seeing Deku's notebook? After all, the longer Deku stays in Pandora, the more valuable insight his notes might hold on everyone he's seen in action.
    • I'm planning on him joining the Titans as they're formed, and he's a part-time student living at Schola Praeditos. Most threads with him will likely be around Cascade Bay, but he arrived in Pandora Town initially in early September. If you need our threads to take place elsewhere, we might be able to work something out! Just shoot me an idea and we'll see.

#2 Moonbeam Funk, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  3. Moonbeam Funk

Moonbeam Funk Player

Race:
    Spooky Ghost
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    CHARACTER PLACEHOLDER
    blah, blah, and blah
    Profile | Directory

FRIENDS
    blah

ENEMIES
    blah

LOVERS
    blah

NOTES / PLOT HOOKS
    • blah - blah
    • blah - blah
    • blah - blah

#3 Moonbeam Funk, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  4. Moonbeam Funk

Moonbeam Funk Player

Race:
    Spooky Ghost
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    CHARACTER PLACEHOLDER
    blah, blah, and blah
    Profile | Directory

FRIENDS
    blah

ENEMIES
    blah

LOVERS
    blah

NOTES / PLOT HOOKS
    • blah - blah
    • blah - blah
    • blah - blah

#4 Moonbeam Funk, Oct 20, 2017
  5. Moonbeam Funk

Moonbeam Funk Player

Race:
    Spooky Ghost
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    CHARACTER PLACEHOLDER
    blah, blah, and blah
    Profile | Directory

FRIENDS
    blah

ENEMIES
    blah

LOVERS
    blah

NOTES / PLOT HOOKS
    • blah - blah
    • blah - blah
    • blah - blah

#5 Moonbeam Funk, Oct 20, 2017
  6. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Futaba and Deku

Fellow geek! :D ..Honestly I don't have many ideas outside of that for them meeting, but Futaba is into fandoms, manga, anime, anything computers, super heroes, science, anything she can learn something from. While she's shy in person and has severe social anxiety in new situations and meeting new people she's going to the Schola as well as Pandora College, and she works at an arcade in Pandora Town. She's also far more social online, behind the safety of her screen. He doesn't have to worry about her as far as romantic attachment, she's got one already, and honestly just wants to make friends.

Also Bakugou is a butthead and she has no idea how you can deal with him ugh XD

7. Izuku Midoriya

Izuku Midoriya My Hero Academia

Hero / Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Futaba Sakura
    Many years of hardcore dedication and practice, I assure you.
    I'm super on board with these two meeting, because they definitely could become good friends! A scene at Schola Praeditos is probably the best shot at them properly meeting, especially since they are in a few classes together. Whether you'd like them to meet each other inside or outside of those classes is fine by me. Deku comes across as a pretty approachable and friendly guy, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to hit it off.

So meeting through classwork, during school lunch, or something else along those lines could work if we can't figure out a good reason for one to go out of their way to approach the other otherwise.

8. FullMoon

FullMoon Player

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    I have a double treat for @Izuku Midoriya!

Genji Shimada

Heroes! Genji is kind of a hero himself despite not having powers (for the most part; there's the dragon thing) so it could be interesting for these two to meet. Genji would be a bit worried about a kid like him going around fighting crime even once he learns of his quirk, mostly because kid heroes like him aren't exactly common in Overwatch, but that's something that can be dealt with easily.

Sans

I think Sans would like Deku and respect how he's so dedicated towards his goal plus just how overall good the kid is. He wouldn't exactly be very helpful in terms of helping Deku with said goal, but he would be supportive and could be a good source of moral support maybe, if the kid needs a big brother figure who will frequently mess with him because he's such an easy target heh.

Izuku Midoriya likes this.
  9. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    @Izuku Midoriya

Ohmygosh so late!

I'm kind of liking the lunch idea, since Futaba might well be sitting by herself outside on a bench instead of in a lunch hall or anything? Being around a lot of people in a noisy place is still a little uncomfortable for her sometimes. She was not a well-accepted geek as a kid, and here she's a bit underpowered for the school, at least on the physical plane, so she's even more awkward.

10. Kiel

Kiel Rune Factory

Race:
    Human
    @Izuku Midoriya

Guess who are now roommates at the Schola! Kiel's incredibly friendly with everyone right out of the gate, so I'm sure they'll get along just fine.

11. Izuku Midoriya

Izuku Midoriya My Hero Academia

Hero / Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    OH GEEZ I'M SO SORRY ABOUT ALL THE WAITING I JUST PUT YOU GUYS THROUGH

@FullMoon
    Those both sound great to me! I'm a fan of both those games, and Deku could definitely use more friends in Pandora.

Genji
    Off the top of my head, I think Deku meeting Genji may work best with a thread where one of them sees the other doing something heroic. I like both sides of it, because Genji would definitely have a reason to approach a young teenager for getting himself in danger like that as you said, but on the flip side having Deku go full fanboy taking notes on Genji would be pretty amusing too.

Sans
    These two could go either way. I could go for something where Deku just beat up a bad dude, but they could just as easily meet a more slice-of-life way, I'm just thinking it over. Maybe they could meet while Sans happens to be working one of his odd jobs, to create a need for conversation there? Deku would probably be trying really hard not to be super rude and just blurt out questions about how the heck a walking talking skeleton functions unless he gets any reason to think Sans is fine with it.

@Futaba Sakura
    I'm liking this idea! Deku himself was a pretty huge outcast in school growing up, and he probably couldn't just ignore someone else eating outside on a bench alone like that. Plus once they get into conversation, it she ends up venting about some rude shit Bakugou did or something, it'd be a pretty amusing way to lead in to Deku mentioning they knew each other as kids. That way Deku can give her advice on how to survive living on the same planet as King Explosion Murder.

@Kiel
    I'm sure they'll get along fine, too! I'd be up for threading them together for sure, and Deku would be super curious about things like magic that didn't exist at all back home. If you want, we could even do a thread of when Kiel first moves into the dorm and they meet?

12. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    @Izuku Midoriya

Yes, might be good to advise her to stop trolling him at video games too XD. I think this is all set to go then! Do you have a particular date in mind? She's good in mid-october and mid through late November! Oh and some of mid-september too.

13. FullMoon

FullMoon Player

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @Izuku Midoriya

Genji

The idea of Deku seeing Genji in action and going all fanboy really amuses me in particular. Genji is not afraid of actually killing criminals if he needs to, but he does try to go for the non-lethal route first so there shouldn't be a problem. Maybe we can have both happen somehow?

Genji could be dealing with things well enough on his own so Deku is just acting as a spectator, but once things start getting more complicated (maybe one of them manages to escape with stole money/jewels/whatever, a hostage situation or even Genji starting to get overwhelmed) and Deku steps in to help.

Sans

I suppose since Genji's meeting is gonna be more action-oriented, meeting with Sans could be a more slice-of-life thing, yeah! Sans could definitely be doing some oddjob just because and meet Deku that way and the two of them could start a conversation and things evolve from there. Sans could even ask to take a look at Deku's notes just to see how dedicated to the cause the kid is!

14. Kiel

Kiel Rune Factory

Race:
    Human
    @Izuku Midoriya

Kiel would love to talk about magic to whoever's curious. He's going to be moving in around the 9th of November if that works for a thread date.