By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Answered Pandora Relationships affect on Character availability

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Luciel, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Luciel

Luciel The Luckster

Hallo, I have a question that might be a bit convoluted, so bear with me, please.

One character that I know for certain I'd like to use on Pandora is Lucina from Fire Emblem. Another character I have been considering is Soleil, who is also from Fire Emblem. From my understanding of the rules, if this was all the information there was, it would be acceptable for me to use these two since in they have no close connection as they belong in separate games.

In this scenario, however, there is a Shigure applying to join Pandora, who has his character relationships so that Shigure's father is Laslow/Inigo, and Inigo is the son of Chrom. Because of this relationship, Lucina would become Soleil's aunt when otherwise they canonically would have no relationship.

I am not certain if that is direct enough of a relationship by itself to count it toward being scrutinized by the rules which say we cannot use characters who have such a direct relationship, but even if that is not the case, I'd like to still ask this question as if it was a relationship that would cause for their relationships to be considered too close in case anyone else has a similar question in the future.

Basically, would someone else's established relationships that would affect another person's characters that results in their own characters being closely related when they otherwise would not be cause for those two characters to fall under the "you can't own two closely related characters rule"?

On a follow-up question: if I were not able to use both Lucina and Soleil because of these rules, would I be able to simply state that one of them (in my case it would be Lucina) came from a different timeline/universe, since Fire Emblem canonically has a multiverse-type thing due to Outrealms and the like.

Sorry for any confusion brought by the question(s)!

2. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link
    Hey there!
    We don't typically allow someone to play two closely related characters, but this applies more to how directly they interacted in canon rather than any blood relation/circumstantial relationship between them, if that makes sense.

You would indeed be permitted to pull your characters from two different versions/timelines of the same world.

We actually have people who do this now. Marvel/DC players will sometimes take one character from the comics and another from the cinemafice universes.

I hope this helps and answer your question! Let me know if you need anything else.

Luciel likes this.
  3. Luciel

Luciel The Luckster

Thanks for the help!