HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Pandora Royale!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Duck, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Duck

Duck shia le beowulf

Otherwise known as "Duck doesn't know what to call this."

IN FACT, I'm not even sure where to put this thread, but alas. Basically. I want to run a game with you guys, but the extent of which is largely up to you guys. So without further ado~~

I want to run something based on the Battle Royale/Hunger Games concept. It's not...really either of those, but basically it's a game in which the characters who sign up try to kill each other until there is only one remaining. Obviously, it would be AU, but the manner in which we play is the question. But...I'll get to that in a bit. Let me first explain the concept.

The Map

It would look something like this: http://i.imgur.com/OIym6oK.jpg

I'll obviously have to tweak it, but notice that a grid has been placed over the map of Pandora. Each square represents a space (on the actual map, the designation for such spaces would be like Battleship--the top-left square would be A1), and each character would be placed on a random square. Each day, the player will send movements to the GM (which would be me), moving their character from one space to the next (A1 -> B1). The size of the squares will depend on the amount of players participating, as well as the amount of spaces a player can move each day.

If two or more people land on the same square, they will "fight." The outcome will be determined by what I will explain below:

How To Play

Fights will be determined by the amount of "BP" each character has. I don't really know what BP stands for. Battle points. Beer pong. It doesn't really matter, does it?

Anyway, each character will begin with a starting value of 5 BP, as well as an item that will give a bonus of 1 BP. Items of varying BP values can be found in random squares located throughout the map. The best items are generally located close or inside each of the towns, but that doesn't necessarily always hold true.

Additionally, everyone will be given a skill that is unique to each character. Some skills bestow a certain amount of BP under specific conditions, others might take away BP, or provide an advantage that might otherwise not be available.

Combining all of these factors will (hopefully) achieve varying BP values as we get further in the game. Naturally, during each encounter, the higher BP value will result in victory. If any two values are even during an encounter, then each combatant's BP value will be decreased by one. If a character reaches a draw with anyone after already having done it once, they will be eliminated from the game.

Lastly, if two or more people want to team up and combine their BP scores for a turn, they are free to do so. However, each character of the alliance must PM me separately of their intentions. If one person does not, then I'll be forced to assume that they told a dirty lie and the person they betrayed will probably die some horrible death. Good times. Not that I want to give anyone strategic advice.

tl;dr: Keep moving around and try to build up as many fancy stat points as you can so that you can ~~~kill your enemies~~~.

The Question

That's all a really rough idea, but the reason I'm coming forward now is to determine two things:

1) Is anyone interested in this at all? If not, I'll just shut up.

2) If there is any interest of any kind, would you want this to be completely a forum game, or would you want it to be an actual AU in which you write out the journey? If it's the former, then you guys can simply do things through PM and discussion threads. If it's the latter, then we can use the AU forum.

Sign-ups:
    1. Taylor
    2. Chessur
    3. Rooster
    4. Rassilon Imprimatur
    5. Cole
    6. Darquesse
    7. Infinite Pattern
    8. Toboe
    9. Duplet

#1 Duck, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    Olivia Moore and Ursiel like this.
  2. Taylor

Taylor [XXX-HARDCORE 18+] HOBOKEN SQUAT COBBLER

literally charlie kelly
    Race:
    giant snake
    ohhey

You already know I'm interested but still! I'm easy either way in terms of writing out the journey or not, tbh. Even if it's just single paragraphs or one-liners, could be fun!

Duck likes this.
  3. Chessur

Chessur Guest

I agree with Taylor! I just wanna play man this looks great

4. Rooster

Rooster Guest

Count me in!

5. Sounds like fun. I'd be willing to partake!

6. RedMageCole

RedMageCole Back Again

Race:
    Unknown
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    PUT ME IN THIS SO HARD OH MY GOSH

7. Duck

Duck shia le beowulf

Woo! Thanks, guys.

Ideally, I would like at least ten, so please, post here if you are even the slightest bit interested. We'll be doing it no matter what (we already have five--I could play, but some might not think that would be fair), so no worries in that regard.

Also, I think I might start with it just being a game. If it's received well enough, it can definitely expand into an AU in which you can write out the game, but a game or two just to see if the system works would be beneficial.

So yeah, keep signing up please. ;;

EDIT: This isn't a true sign-up period, just a quick head count. You'll get to choose your character when it's more official.

#7 Duck, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  8. Darquesse

Darquesse I saw the future and in it I was alive

Ruiner of Noka's Hopes and Dreams
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Count me in >3

9. I'm totally down to take part in this now I have a character! Looks like fun :D

10. Toboe

Toboe Guest

oh no
    ooooooooh nooooooooo
    I remember doing these, I'm in

11. Duplet

Duplet Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link
    I'll join in, sounds like it could be good.