HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! September 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. SUMMER LOCATION: SWALLOW FALLS
    A new island has appeared off the coast of Cascade Bay! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. SUMMER EVENT: THE DREAM MACHINE
    Master lucid dreaming today! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Group Pandora Scouts Reborn!

Discussion in 'Brainstorming' started by Link, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Link

Link Legend of Zelda

Adventurer
    Race:
    Hylian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

***So I've edited this 1st post with some more info and sign ups! We are going to use this as our home base for the scouts until there are enough goons to make and maintain a group forum! We are set to kick off a scout event next season!

The Pandora Scouts are a group of kiddos 17 & under who meet regularly at the designated home base or out in the plains/or trip meetup area. The scouts focus on service, team building, survival skills, and wilderness crafts. They can also do sports, self-defense, baking, volunteer work, camping, etc etc etc! Badges can also be earned for good deeds and achievements! Scouts around the ages 15-18 can also apply to be Junior Rangers (basically Junior troop leaders/captains) of their towns. Junior Rangers have experience under their belts and help run classes and group activities with the Troop Leaders! They represent the interests of the younger force of the Scouts.

The scouts also have Troop Leaders (18+)who guide and supervise all of the scout activity while providing their services as mentors and their experiences.

Scouts (17 & under):

Rangers (16-18):

Troop Leaders (18+):

#1 Link, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Phantom Maple and Nic like this.
  2. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    I loooove this idea! And I totally put @Richard Cypher forward as a scout leader or... well, however you'll do it. Basically an adult who has a TON of wilderness experience and would have a blast teaching Pandora's kiddos what he knows.

If you need help on an OOC level, I would be down for helping organize individual events/troops and the like. I probably couldn't be a main group leader, but if you have specific tasks you need help with, I'm more than willing to help out! :D

Link likes this.
  3. Link

Link Legend of Zelda

Adventurer
    Race:
    Hylian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

YESSS WILDERNESS MAN COME TEACH US YOUR WILDERNESS SKILLZ

On an ooc level the only help I'll need is updating lists/archives

The way we had it set up last time was that anyone could propose/coordinate an event so it was really open and anyone could get involved. That's the kind of community structure I wanna shoot for!

Nic likes this.
  4. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
    @Son Gohan would love to be involved in any way he can. The wilderness is like home to him, and it'd be nice to have an excuse to get away from the city for a while. Maybe he could be an assistant leader or something. Whatever fits really. ^_^

Link likes this.
  5. Link

Link Legend of Zelda

Adventurer
    Race:
    Hylian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    important question- are we doing mixed group troops or male/female only like last time? Which would everyone prefer? Each troop can still have 1 male and 1 female leader I was just wondering if ya'll wanted the lads and lassies separated.

EX
    Boys Scouts in the US is all chaps
    Girls Scouts are all little girls (and open to other genders as well)
    Cub scouts are mixed with both (only separated for sleeping situations)

6. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    I would say a mixture? Just because it gives us more opportunities for threads and like

honestly there is no reason to segregate troops based on gender, ffft. XD

Link likes this.
  7. Link

Link Legend of Zelda

Adventurer
    Race:
    Hylian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Yeah ok that's what I was thinking too and it makes for an easy & simple restructure. *thumbs up*

We need at least 5 members to start a group SO PLZ RECRUIT

Phantom Maple and Nic like this.
  8. Ender Wiggin

Ender Wiggin Guest

Although from a future world, Ender is fairly self reliant and a skilled leader. So he'd probably enjoy being a troop leader, he's not the oldest person but I think he might've been here long enough to hit the 16 year mark.

Regardless Ender could easily help with mechnical/MacGyver like situations, plus he's a vagabond and generally prefers living out in the wildness then having to shack up in those weird dorms or orphanages. Thus he's gotten skilled at living out in the wild, could help teach the scout useful things like how to make things, spotting various flora/fauna etc.

And if it's allowed, he'd offer to teach combat or weapons skills depending on need or necessity.

Link likes this.
  9. The Murphy

The Murphy Guest

In regards to members of the scouts, my daughter Lucy would love to join them. You guys can decide weather she brings he pets with her or not (being zombies I'm sure you'd be apprehensive) but she's only about four, and she's also kind or purple and a little powerful compared to most her age.

But she needs to learn new things and if Murphy meets and approves of the leaders, he may very well allow her to join them if you're up for taking her.

Link likes this.
  10. Link

Link Legend of Zelda

Adventurer
    Race:
    Hylian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    GONNA GET THIS GOING NEXT SEASON

-DETERMINATION-

11. Mary Batson

Mary Batson DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    heyhey hey ehey heeeey how old do you gotta be to be in the SCOUT SQUAD

Because Mary could sure use an outlet for all that good nature and general adventurous spirit! Hard to imagine a troop of Scoots going awry when one of them happens to be Goddamn Invincible, too. Is there an older scouts category? If not, can she be part of it anyway?

Thank you for your consideration assorted pals.

Link likes this.
  12. Link

Link Legend of Zelda

Adventurer
    Race:
    Hylian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    After age 17/18 you can be an adult scout leader/advisor or scout-appointed captain (ages 16-18)

Might change the names of these but YEH
    you have the adult supervisors after 18 but there's a mid tier group of elected captains for each troop!

Mary Batson likes this.
  13. Mary Batson

Mary Batson DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    @Link
    OHHHH BOYYYY
    okay I'm signing Mary up, if that's all right!

Link likes this.
  14. Link

Link Legend of Zelda

Adventurer
    Race:
    Hylian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    WELCOME MARY
    Here is your complimentary smore

Mary Batson likes this.
  15. Anna

Anna Frozen

Florist at Galactic Gardens
    Race:
    Human
    I'd be up for letting Anna be a group leader again if needed. I miss The Ducklings.

Link likes this.
  16. Link

Link Legend of Zelda

Adventurer
    Race:
    Hylian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    YAY IM SO HAPPY
    I hope Anna is ok with a younger version of a former scout leader bugging her!

All your bunny ears are belong to us

17. Anna

Anna Frozen

Florist at Galactic Gardens
    Race:
    Human
    Is he like fit in her palm sized younger? Or just probably not the same age as he was last time so he'd be easier to beat and steal back her bunny ears from once that time comes round again?

She's still good around kids so, why not, it'll give her something to do to try and keep her occupied, when she goes on adventures it never seems to end well (not that it stops her).

18. Link

Link Legend of Zelda

Adventurer
    Race:
    Hylian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Link was 17 last round! Now he's 10! And short for his age tbh

19. Link

Link Legend of Zelda

Adventurer
    Race:
    Hylian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    I updated the first post with my attempt at making sign ups/etc! Since there are only 3 of us we don't have enough to make a group but we can brainstorm some kind of event to recruit new kiddos and troop leaders for the scouts! :3

I am going with the idea that the previous scout resources are all available to them, and just need a little bit of tidying up and such!

20. Hannah

Hannah Player

I'd love to get Briar Rose in this if possible (she's 15 so she'd be a Scout), since she grew up in the wilderness and I'm sure she'd love baking and generally doing volunteer work when she can but learning self-defense and other skills would be of interest to her also!

Link likes this.