By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

party like it's 1941

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Peggy Carter, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Peggy Carter

Peggy Carter Marvel Universe

agent of ARMOUR
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    April 13, Year 7
    tag: @Bucky Barnes

In another life, she may have felt badly about this.

Peggy knew Steve's schedule already, knew he would be gone and their rescued ally would be alone recouperating. She still didn't have a firm understanding of what precisely had been done to him in that facility, or even beforehand, but there were other matters weighing heavily on her mind where he was concerned. Where she was concerned.

Seeing Steve Rogers alive, well, and over a hundred pounds heavier and a foot taller had made her think that he was the anomoly. There was a world in which Steve survived the assassination attempt and received Erskine's serum as he was supposed to and went on to take up the Captain America mantle. The notion made her heart ache with longing that she could have lived in that world, but she had sworn long ago not to dwell on her regrets.

Except it seemed that everyone she encountered that knew Captain America knew of Steve, not her. She was the outlier, the surprise, in a way uniquely distinct from the usual blowback from being both British and female and wearing the stars and stripes. It was strange in a different way than being unceremoniously yanked from the Red Skull's plane and dumped into a world she didn't understand and that didn't make any semblance of sense.

The lock was absurdly easy to bypass. Peggy would have words with Steve about that later, wherein she expected he would shrug and look bashful and hand her a key. She didn't want to ask and be presumptuous, but she also didn't want to be separated from him for longer than necessary, societal norms be damned. She had been through far too much to bother pretending she didn't want him.

"Barnes?" Peggy stepped inside, smoothly locking the door behind her once more. She hoped he was awake.

Bucky Barnes likes this.
  2. Bucky Barnes

Bucky Barnes Guest

His urge to run away from the loving care of two people was strong. It wasn’t that he didn’t appreciate what Peggy and Steve had done, he did, so much so that it physically hurt. Hiding when pain came his way was simply a reflex now, even more so after Scorpius had been digging in his brain for a goddamn month, dredging up every single last horrific event in his cursed life. He still didn’t want to talk about it, in fact he would have preferred to pretend it never happened. It was almost comical, how much of a shit magnet he was, how trouble and agony seemed to follow him like a bad smell.

He would have ripped off his skin if he thought it would somehow mask his scent.

Buck was standing in the kitchen when he heard the door and someone enter. His heartbeat quickened then steadied as he readied himself to launch at whoever was intruding. When the familiar voice came, he somewhat stood down, breathing out as he placed his glass of water back down on the kitchen bench. “Peggy?” He called back, wondering why she’d shown up now, of all times. He figured she didn’t really have any reason to track him down, the Peggy before her hadn’t until Steve was involved.

He sighed. This was probably Steve related then. Not that he could blame her. It seemed no matter the iteration, Peggy Carter was in love with Rogers and Pandora seemed like a point for them to finally realise their emotions. If he was being honest, he felt awkward, like he was intruding on something and shouldn’t have been there. By rights, that was true, in more than one sense. At any rate, it was all a little hazy, he hadn't had a proper conversation with anyone since his rescue.

“Hey.” He greeted her neutrally, waiting to see what this visit was about.

@Peggy Carter

Peggy Carter likes this.
  3. Peggy Carter

agent of ARMOUR
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Should you really be up and on your feet?" The reprimand came out sharply out of habit. Peggy grimaced at herself and forced a nervous smile. "How are you feeling?" He hadn't exactly been in the best state when they'd all but dragged him out, but she couldn't be sure how much of his delirium had been true or due to the unexpected dual Captains America.

Peggy sighed, more confused than ever. He knew her, which was odd and interesting in a way that being unknown might have been easier. She felt like her whole world had be shifted off kilter, and it was only knowing Steve was alive and hers that kept her steady on her feet. But Bucky.... Bucky was new in a way she hadn't known how to anticipate, even before factoring in his complicated history with Steve.

"I came to see how you were doing," she offered. "It was... hectic, back there, and I'm afraid we've neglected to check in with you properly." Peggy cleared her throat, feeling at a loss as to what etiquette should apply. Would they count as old friends? Friends from other universes, maybe, although she was having a hard time determining by his demeanor if that acquaintanceship was really as amiable as she would hope.

She gestured towards the one couch in the small apartment. "Perhaps we could sit down and talk?"

Bucky Barnes likes this.
  4. Bucky Barnes

Bucky Barnes Guest

He couldn’t hep but wince a little when she reprimanded him, then felt like a complete jackass. It wasn’t her fault he was conditioned this way, on-edge and twitchy to everything that could even be slightly perceived as a threat. Buck made a point to lower his shoulders, though not too quickly. Every inch of him still hurt, like he’d over done it at the gym ten-fold, which was saying something. He didn’t feel pain like everyone else.

Buck of course, never broadcasted the fact, he preferred to pretend like nothing was wrong at all. Hydra had done a number on him over the years and besides compartmentalizing injury so he could keep functioning when severed hurt, everything else was kind of lessened. Almost as if it was in the background. He was always acutely aware of wounds, but they would never stop the asset from completing his mission. “Probably not.” He replied with a shrug and a thoughtful pout. “but I was thirsty.”

At her question of how he was feeling, he managed a small smile. “I’m okay Peg.” He nodded, unsure about how he felt about her, or this version of her. Somehow it didn’t surprise him that somewhere out there, she’d taken up the mantle of Captain America in Steve’s absence. She was always a go-getter type of gal. Part of what Steve liked about her so much, he supposed. “I’m fine, I promise.” He assured her, unsure if she knew about him, or if even existed where she came from. "Thank you for that - the rescue - by the way. You didn't have too... I uh. I appreciate it." He’d refrain on giving her his life story unless she asked for it, even then, probably only the main plot points. Conversely, he was not okay – he was pretty goddamn far from okay – but no one needed to know that. He’d save the breakdowns, striking walls, pathetic crying and curling up in corners for when he was alone and could preserve what microscopic fragments of dignity he had left.

He squinted a little as she suggested they sit down, unsure about where this was going. She seemed awkward, which was strange on Peggy and a little amusing, but he refrained from ribbing her. He sat down carefully, avoiding jostling any complaints and waited for her. “I’m not sure when Steve’s due back.” He said, trying to fill the gap in conversation.

@Peggy Carter

Peggy Carter likes this.
  5. Peggy Carter

agent of ARMOUR
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Peggy frowned. The more he tried to assure her that he was fine, the less she believed him. She could respect the instinct to suffer in silence, having much the same response herself, but while hers was hidden behind British resolve and a stiff upper lip Bucky's was.... different.

At the mention of Steve's return, Peggy shifted on her feet, visibly sheepish. "I, ah, happen to know where he is, and he won't be back for a bit. I came to see you," she reiterated.

She plopped herself rather ungracefully down on the couch next to him, hands in her lap. "I don't know you," she confessed. "In my.... Where I'm from, Steve was killed alongside Doctor Erskine." She swallowed hard, the words difficult even as they were almost robotic in their delivery. "I fought with the Howling Commandos, as Steve says you did. Alongside Gabe Jones, Dum Dum Dugan, James Montgomery Falsworth, Jim Morita, Jacques Durnier..... and Becky Barnes."

Peggy cleared her throat. "So you can imagine my surprise when I break in to rescue Barnes, and I find Steve's longlost friend rather than my own. I don't deserve your thanks for rescuing you. I would have, anyway, the moment I saw what he was doing to you. It was Steve who tracked you down. Steve and the other me, I suppose. I'm just as lost with all of this as you must be."

6. Bucky Barnes

Bucky Barnes Guest

“Me?” He sounded shocked, unsure but quickly corrected his tone. “Oh okay.” Bucky followed on, steeling himself for a dressing down or worse. He had a tendency to expect disaster these days, the last time they’d had a talk after all, they had more or less fought and strongly, verbally going at it like a pair of angry badgers, throwing words as if they were punches.

What came next was out of left field and for a long moment, he wasn’t sure what to say. Where she had come from, he didn’t seem to exist in Steve’s story at all, he’d died and Peggy took her place, fighting along side a Becky – he assumed could have been his sister, or maybe a female version of himself. He smiled sadly and nodded, somehow unsurprised that he’d been entirely forgotten or erased in another universe. It seemed to be his fate after all, shoved in the shadows to suffer silently. He was not the kind of person to out with his bitterness so he turned to Peggy with a genuinely earnest expression.

“I’m sorry Pegg, I can’t imagine how you feel, being here and it’s all different.” Bucky paused and sighed. “I had a sister named Becky.” It was painful to think about his family, his siblings most of all, he helped raised them, he loved them dearly and they were torn from him like everything else. “Somehow she ended up on the front lines instead of me?” He phrased it as a question, but didn’t expect her to answer. “She’s not here, at least, not that I know of.” He tried to find her gaze, so she knew he was genuine.

“She might turn up Pegg, Pandora is funny like that. It brought you here after all, not so silly to think she could too.” He hoped that would be enough comfort, as he tried not to think about the horrible reality of Steve being dead in her world.

@Peggy Carter

Peggy Carter likes this.