By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Peace and Quiet

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Ren Amamiya, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link

April 14, Y108

A walk in the park.

Ren leaving the house with a bit of breathing room - deciding to just walk there, instead of drive. It was a nice day to be outside. Schedule purposefully set to give him a few days to unwind, before diving back to it the following day. It was strange to not just throw himself into work. To give himself time to relax, go to school, eat. Take care of himself. Ren was used to filling his days, because he didn't want to concentrate on nothing. That being busy was happy, because that...was what felt best. Since April began, he had been figuring some things out.

Surprisingly, it was going well.

He had been tempted to bring something. Coffee, some muffins, chocolate chip cookies. A Gatorade to literally throw at him. A ring-pop to joke propose to him with. But...he held back. Just a simple walk. For once, Ren was letting things be simple.

Tonight felt like a good night to just take it easy.

Seeing Goro already there - of course he was - Ren offered a smile and wave.

"Hey. Sorry if I kept you waiting."

Goro Akechi likes this.
  2. Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    spring brought about a profound change. akechi saw himself actively jump from a life where he thought he had The Good Life figured out to one where he finally listened to his inner cynic and gave the long-awaited middle finger to the world and its impossible expectations of him.

ironically, everything turned for the better afterwards: not only did he feel closer to his own personal truth, but he got closer to ren, too. it was baffling how things just suddenly went in his favour when he started pretending a little less. what did that make him, exactly? unrepentant? cold? messed up?

maybe. but he felt like neither of those things mattered in the grand scale of things. it helped that he wasnt alone in being all three. one ren amamiya was all the difference. akechi was insta-smiles as the other approached. "no problem." he motioned the way. "shall we?"

--

the night smelled faintly of the rain that had occurred earlier. it was cold but very quiet, so akechi was willing to overlook a shiver or two in their stroll of no destination. "i told you it wasnt going to be very glamorous," akechi grinned at him. if his voice sounded less engineered, it's because it was. "these days, its hard not to get caught up in the banalities of city life and everyday stress, even in ones own home. so i figured we could go a step above that and take a quiet walk. genius, isnt it?"

#2 Goro Akechi, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 10:14 PM
    Ren Amamiya likes this.
  3. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Ren's hands remained in his jacket's pockets as they walked - eyes up on the trees and sky. The air smelled...good. Fresh. He took a deep breath of it, before Goro started speaking. Eyes shifting from above him to the person at his side, with a soft yet warm smile.

"Yeah," he agreed, bumping Goro's shoulder with his own, "Good call."

Things for once were calm back home, but sometimes he just...felt like there was an underlying tension. Eyes on him, awaiting whatever he was going to do next. It felt like most decisions he had made with his life lately, disappointed everyone. They expected better from their leader. Sometimes he wondered if they forgot they were all the same age. Ren also a stupid teenager who had no idea what he was doing.

Lately he had learned to put less thought into it. It was helping.

"Sort of reminds me of home," he admitted with a shrug, "Quiet. Trees. Wet," at this point it had been almost two years since he had been back, but part of him still missed it, "It's nice. Peaceful."

Goro Akechi likes this.
  4. Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    "thats right, youre a small town boy." akechi regarded him fondly. "you blend so well with the city i forget that little detail. you know, i often wished of living in a quiet place myself, just me and my studies." it was unfortunate that he blended well with the city too. wildcards, right? cursed in one way or another. "would you go back if you had a choice? not necesarily back to your old home. but to the simplicity of a small town."

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  5. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Ren purposefully stepped on a twig as Goro talked, enjoy the quiet snap more than he should have.

"I tend to blend in wherever," he admitted with a shrug - not really meant as a slight to himself, but not really a compliment either. He typically just kept to himself and anything that felt wrong about a new area, he didn't voice. Just sort of struggled with it, until it felt natural. The adjustment from country to city life was...strange. It was just a lot of new things, and re-calibrating to the idea of so many people. The fact there were multiple movie-theaters within a reasonable distance of each other...was never something he got used to.

"Not...my home no," he might have said that a bit too quickly, but shrugged it off, "I do miss the peace and quiet, though. I feel like Ark City is more quiet than Tokyo at least. Areas that are just...calmer," he smiled warmly to himself, "Small towns are nice for the quiet, but rumors start easily. And...not a lot to do. Not...really sure which I prefer," he admitted, kicking a pebble off the path, "Honestly just...here. I like it here."

Goro Akechi likes this.
  6. Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    akechi considered that. it would be nice in general if there were less people around, but that was his cynic talking. maybe just being around the right people that was the turnover, whether you were stuck in an island or a brimming metropolis. at least thats how akechi saw it for the guy next to him who he watched grow from nothing and gain everything. "fair enough. me, i havent made a definite conclusion yet, but..." he nudged ren playfully, "i like you here too."

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  7. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Ren smiled at Goro's comment and nudge, the words rolling around in the back of his head; casually being tacked onto the invisible version of his Collection. The one that held little moments he tried to remember, when things got worse.

"Didn't think I've ever hear you say those words, unironically," he admitted, shaking his head, "But...I like you here too," his voice growing a bit quieter, before he let silence fall. Just enjoying the slight static noise of wind blowing through leaves.

"Life starting to feel a bit better here?" he asked after a bit of silence, allowing his shoulder to brush up against Goro's.

It was cold so he was walking a bit close.

Goro Akechi likes this.
  8. Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    but...i like you here too.

akechi looked down to their matching footsteps and quashed the smile beneath his teeth. he wasnt sure who it was who began walking closer, but he was more than fine with continuing it. this was why silence existed, wasnt it? to have moments like this, where the rustle of the wind and the person whose presence you felt more often than your own coalesced into a feeling.

"a lot better. this whole -- half month." of course, things were nice before then, too. just not...heart-swelling nice. it was more of a live-up-to-the-expectations-of-others-and-you-will-be-fine nice. dull work and dull play. an entirely dull life. "i owe it to my own tenacity, and the people ive come closer to." he smiled pointedly to ren for this. "and im genuinely looking forward to what else the rest of this month...no, what the months to come have in store for us." after a moment, he quietly added, "do you?"

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  9. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Ren mirrored back Goro's smile, feeling his face grow a bit warm. It felt...genuinely good to hear Goro talk about his life in such a positive light. Optimistic light. And...Ren was part of that. Goro even pointing it out.

And the truth was, Ren felt the same. The past half month had been a lot of change. A lot of looking at himself and trying to figure out how to actually work on creating a life that didn't feel bottomless and like it was jumping from one crisis to another. He wasn't stable, and honestly was still working on it. But from where he was only a few weeks ago, he felt...better. A pressure that typically sat at the back of his skull, slowly growing less and less. The feeling at the end of the day wasn't concerning nothingness nor emotions he ignored as he chose to occupy himself to the point of dreamless exhaustion.

Instead, there was an almost foreign sense of feeling content. Satisfied. Happy.

It was nice.

Ren's gaze fell with a soft smile, as he felt Goro's warmth at his side.

"Do you?"

A quiet but content breath fell from his lips, as he stepped in front of Goro; cutting him off from walking any further. A hand lifting to tuck some of Goro's hair behind the ear, as the other rested on the nape of his neck. For a beat he just offered him a soft smile, before leaning in.

It was a soft kiss. Nearly chaste.

He backed away slightly, keeping his face close. A smile on his lips.

"...Yeah, looking forward to it."

Goro Akechi likes this.
  10. Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    never had he expected to be kissed by ren in his life. hed dreamt of it, sure, but knew better not to mix dreams with reality, as personal experience had dictated many times before. however, now that ren was mere inches away from his face and reality seemed to have fallen on its head, akechi began to dabble on this very possibility.

rens lips were soft. akechis own tingled. he pulled the man hed once deemed his enemy close and caressed his cheek with his knuckles. akechi was not going to say it. he would not say that the cup of his heart runneth over.

"ren amamiya. will you let me kiss you again?"

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  11. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Ren's eyes closed again at the touch of Goro's knuckles. It was...sort of weird they hadn't kissed before. Everything they had done together, had just been...acting on lust, honestly. The knives, the oral, the handjobs.

This...this was something else entirely.

He smiled at Goro's question. The formality of it, just right for him.

"No," his voice even, smile widening to something better suited for the Metaverse.

And with a quick shift of his weight, he dipped Goro - pausing to give him a wink, before he placed an anything-but-chaste kiss upon Goro's lips.

12. Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    akechi knew that glint in rens eye. it belonged to joker, the biggest rascal to have plagued the metaverse (and also akechi). but as quickly as akechi realized it, the world was turning on an axis and those soft lips were once more known to him.

"mmph," were akechis dying words.

ren knew him enough to know how to get a one up on him. he knew that joker had that kind of power on crow. akechi would love to remind ren who of the two was the prince charming here, but decided, pathetically easily, that he would do this later. in the mean time, he would kiss ren back, earnestly, with all that he had (and didnt know he had). he would kiss him until they both needed to breathe.

when the ground was back beneath his feet, akechi stumbled in place, successfully stupefied to silence. he forgot all aspects of speech, which was convenient, because it was all he had.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  13. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Ren's kiss ungentle, as he dipped Goro. Arms starting to burn...quickly. In truth, he was only just starting to get back into shape; something he knew Goro hadn't slacked on since coming to Pandora. Plus...he was a little taller than Ren. But he ignored it - even if his arms were shaking by the time he pulled Goro back to his feet. For once, Goro didn't have a comment. Quick remark. Snarky bite-back.

"Did that take your breath away?" his voice low as he smirked - a hand raising to neaten Goro's hair - the dip tousling it a bit. He remained just watching him for a moment, with that smile still on his lips, before he stole one more peck and kept walking. A hand sliding out of his pocket and dropping to his side - fingers wiggling for Goro to take it.

"You coming?"

Goro Akechi likes this.
  14. Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    the cool air felt nice on his face. of course, not as nice as rens lips felt. akechi was mostly back to himself by the time ren groomed his hair and kissed his cheek, and fully functional by the time he took his hand.

"of course im coming."

hell go anywhere with ren.

as they began walking back, akechi lifted rens knuckle to kiss it. he said, "theres a specific way to dip someone that doesnt require putting as much effort into it. ill teach it to you, since its obvious im the better prince." his joker-rivaling grin was back.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  15. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Goro's hand felt nice in his; the kiss on the knuckles ridiculous, but he liked it. Thumb gently running over the other Wildcard's hand as they walked, a slight flutter in his chest. The good kind.

His gaze shifted over to Goro, before he laughed quietly, shaking his head, "Maybe if you weren't so heavy, it'd be easier. You're...also the only person who's taller then me, that I've tried to dip," he admitted, scratching his neck, "I...really need to start working out again."

Goro Akechi likes this.
  16. Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    akechi was well aware of the extra inch he had over ren. it used to matter for all the wrong reasons, but now it was just a matter of whether he was able-bodied enough to protect ren. he said, "then jog with me. i jog every weekday morning." hed seen what ren did during their metaverse skirmishes, though. he knew how to use his strength, and that was all one needed to be a good fighter. a 15 year-old akechi learned that long before ren did. "and if it helps, you have me to keep you in check." akechi grinned at him. "which reminds me. have you noticed anything about the moon tonight?"

#16 Goro Akechi, Apr 17, 2019 at 9:50 PM
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019 at 12:00 AM
    Ren Amamiya likes this.
  17. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Ren rose a brow at Goro offering to let him join in on a morning jog. The thought quietly rolling around in his mind, as he nodded, "Keep me in check?" he repeated, with a smirk, "I actually like the sound of that," he swung their hands a bit more than necessary, bumping their shoulders. Normally Ren found when people held him accountable for keeping up with something like this - be it going to the gym or going on a run - it was easy to fall into a routine.

Yeah...this would be good for him.

"Moon?" the subject change catching him a bit off guard - Ren leaning slightly to try to see it through the trees, "What about it?"

Goro Akechi likes this.
  18. Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    The moon was a full silver dollar tonight. akechi squeezed rens hand. he was not looking at the moon. "its beautiful," he said, and that was all he said.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  19. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Ren's eyes moved from Goro's features to the moon - noticing how it was full.

"It's beautiful."

His gaze widened - remaining on the moon for a moment, before daring to look back at Goro. Face growing warm, as his charm failed him. The other Wildcard was looking right at him. The meaning not lost on him. No words immediately coming to his lips as he felt his heart skip a beat.

Oh.

"Yeah," his voice felt hollow, causing him to clear his throat, "The moon very beautiful, tonight."

He squeezed Goro's hand back, brows pinching together - a serious look in his eye, before a warm smile settled on his features.

Ren... wanted to say more; maybe even the literal meaning. But in truth, he was too scared. Fearless leader of the Phantom Thieves halted by three words.

It was sort of funny.

He'd get there eventually. Just not then.

Instead he swung that connected them a bit, eyes dropping as the flush grew worse.

"...Cool if I kiss you again?"

Goro Akechi likes this.
  20. Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    he watched on as the meaning dawned on ren. these were akechis true feelings; feelings he desired only to express to their elicitor. when ren seemed to accept them, akechis heart swelled.

"kiss me always," he told ren, and pulled him in.

their relationship was slowly defining itself, he could feel it. at first, all his fears were packed at his front door, denying entry or exit. akechi had effectively trapped himself. but now, the barricade was finally giving way.

akechi was very lucky.

Ren Amamiya likes this.