By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Peacekeepers

Discussion in 'Elysium' started by Luke Skywalker, Jun 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Tag: @Bastila Shan.
    Date: 13th June, Year 108.

[​IMG]

“I will not fight,” Luke said, voice calm and quiet.

The man blocking his path smirked at him, then spat on the grimy stone of the alleyway. He was clutching a gaderffii stick in both hands, the hazy light from a neon billboard gleaming across its rust speckled iron shaft.

“Course you won’t fight, bitch!” he sneered scornfully, jabbing the gaderffii at his chest, but not touching him. Not yet. “‘Cos you’re gonna hand over that shit! And all your money!”

That “shit” was a small wooden crate that Luke had tucked under one arm. It was full of the equipment that he needed to fix his x-wing, so he could seek out a planet free of people who called him “bitch” and tried to steal his power converters and carbon scoring decontaminants.

“I’m going now,” he directed a weary, bitter smile at the bandit.

Luke made to trudge towards the fuzzy bank of lights at the end of the gloomy alleyway, but the man lashed out with his stick. He ducked beneath the blur of iron, hearing it whoosh above his hooded head, air rippling the back of his sand colored cloak.

Crate still tucked under one arm, he straightened up behind the bandit, who stumbled stiffly around to leer at him, his face flushed red. It would have been easy in those fleeting seconds before he’d faced him to draw his lightsaber and incapacitate him… No. He would not fight.

The man swiped and slashed at him with his stick, but he dodged and ducked each whooshing blow, walking backwards nonchalantly towards the light. Luke breathed evenly, while his opponent’s breaths grew ragged and raw. A siren wailed somewhere in the dark, but it wasn’t heading towards them. Good. He would resolve this issue on his own. Always on his own.

“I will not fight,” Luke said, almost apologetically.

“Bitch!” the bandit spat back at him, stressing the word with a stab of his stick. “What the fuck are you doing right now then!?”

Luke smiled sadly: “Have I tried to strike you down yet?”

#1 Luke Skywalker, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Bastila Shan likes this.
  2. Bastila Shan

Bastila Shan Guest

Though Bastila had only been on this world - Pandora, from what she had been told - for a few days, she had quickly learned to avoid the undercity unless necessary. After being kidnapped (and losing her lightsaber) in the last undercity she ventured to, she generally tried to stay away from the shadier parts of cities unless absolutely necessary - and often, it was.

The force typically felt quieter on this new planet without as many adept near her, yet it still wasn't completely silent, present here as it was on every world she had ventured to in the past. Now, she could sense it stronger than she had since the strange vines pulled her in this world, radiating from the undercity, and she couldn't help but want to pursue it.

She left the store she had been browsing in attempt to find some basic supplies, navigating through the city until she discovered a pathway downwards, and the feeling grew stronger as she passed shady shops with flickering neon signs and eventually turned to an alleyway. The force was almost overwhelming. And light. Clearly light.

She stopped a short distance away from a bandit screaming at an old man and attempting to jab a stick at him while the man stood still, refusing to fight. This was where she could feel the force - it had to be him.

"Leave him alone." Her voice rang clear as she approached, eyes narrowing on the bandit. "I am sure you have nothing to gain from this man."

The bandit blabbered on crudely about the "shit" the older man had under his arm and the money he was going to take, and upon the criminal calling her a bitch, she drew her double bladed lightsaber, easily turning it yet not moving to attack the man, as she didn't want to unless absolutely necessary.

"Leave him." Her tone had sharpened, and the bandit didn't offer a verbal response, simply scampering away. Her eyes followed him as he left, then she turned off her lightsaber and tucked it back into her belt with a swift motion, facing the man.

"Who are you?"

Luke Skywalker likes this.
  3. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

A dark haired woman came to assist him. Luke barely took in her exchange with the bandit, his senses overwhelmed by the information he was picking up from the young lady. He didn’t miss the significance of a double-bladed lightsaber buzzing with a yellow light… He’d read the sacred Jedi texts after all. And then there were the stories that Ben, Obi-Wan, had told him.

Luke might’ve thought she’d stolen the lightsaber if she didn’t practically glow with the Force from head to foot. He perceived it as a sunset, the colors shining through her a mix of warm oranges and soft, muted yellows. Luminous beings are we, Yoda’s words rang as clear as glass in his mind.

“I… I thought I was the last,” Luke said, faintly aware of the bandit scrambling away from them.

He was not the last. He felt sunlight inside himself at the revelation. He was twenty-three years old again, his love and faith in the Jedi capable of moving planets. But the feeling didn’t last long.

His mind wandered to the past, how the Jedi had hurt people who they’d meant to protect. How he had hurt people that he’d meant to protect. Ben, Leia, Han. When would the woman before him turn to the Dark Side and cause misery? Death? Destruction?

The sunlight inside him was blotted out by a thunder cloud. His face tightened into a scowl. He answered her question with a terse “what’s it to ya?”, then started to storm off down the alley. The need to fix the x-wing, to run away again, pressed down on him.

Bastila Shan likes this.
  4. Bastila Shan

Bastila Shan Guest

I thought I was the last.

The last what? Force user? Was he a Jedi, as well? Or did he simply believe to be the last one with the force remaining in this world? Questions flooded her head as she continued to stare at him in curiosity, searching for any sign of a lightsaber, but before she could ask him anything, he stormed off in the other direction.

"Wait!" Bastila called out, immediately rushing towards him. If he was a Jedi, she certainly had never seen him before nor heard of him, but the clear presence of light in him pointed to him being powerful in the force in a way only Jedi could be.

She stopped in front of him, occupying as much of the alleyway as she could despite her average frame. "Denying those in need is a path to destruction." Perhaps it was a stretch, perhaps the old man fled her because he didn't seek such lecturing, but Jedi principals had bee instilled in her for nearly two decades, resulting in a certain mindset that was difficult to shake.

She was never particularly good at talking casually; she was always terrible at making friends. She certainly wasn't doing well now, but the least she could do was try.

"I - I thought I was the last here, too." Her voice softened. "Who are you?" She repeated her question, purely curious as she looked at his face, felt the presence of the force around them but sensed no personal familiarity.

5. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

The woman blocked his path, causing him to jerk to a stop. Icy silent, he scowled at her a long spell, considering his next course of action. His preferred option was to walk around her and carry on to the x-wing, but it wasn’t like he’d left it in an enclosed airstrip. He couldn’t shut her out of his way.

He’d get rid of her a lot faster if he answered anything she had to ask him… And maybe there was a part of him that desired to know things in return. So many things.

“If you must know, I was Luke Skywalker. Jedi Master,” he replied brusquely. He added with a trace of a venomous snarl, curling his upper lip in disdain: “Legend.”

That was him. The talented young pilot who’d blown up the first Death Star and a chunk of the Imperial fleet. The fledgling Jedi that had fought Darth Vader and guided him back into the light. He’d been the hope of the galaxy, until he’d made a terrible mistake that had lost him his nephew, his faith.

“Where are you from?” Luke made to walk around the woman, his hooded head inclined in her direction. He was not trying to desert her again, merely continuing his journey to the x-wing.

Bastila Shan likes this.
  6. Bastila Shan

Bastila Shan Guest

Luke Skywalker.

It was a name that was entirely unfamiliar despite him claiming to be a Jedi Master, a legend. She knew about every Jedi Master in both modern in ancient history due to her studies, but his name wasn't familiar in the slightest. She knew no Luke nor Skywalker Jedi - she didn't know any Lukes or any Skywalkers at all.

"The Masters never mentioned any Luke Skywalker," she noted, yet she couldn't sense any falsehood in his tone. He used the past tense, perhaps since Pandora stole any titles from him, but the bitterness in his snarl suggested different. Maybe he was disgraced, he abandoned that life - she didn't know. While Bastila supposed she could ask him, his patience already seemed to be running thin, and she didn't wissh to press her luck.

"Talravin," she quickly answered in response to the man asking where she was from. "But most my life was spent on Dantooine." As soon as her extremely strong force sensitivity was discovered, she was promptly send to train to be a Jedi, and she abandoned anything (and everyone) from home. Dantooine became her home.

She quickly kept up with his pace, walking in whatever direction he was going, not caring where she ended up. She was with a Jedi. She wasn't the only Jedi in this world.

"What caused you to leave the order?" She didn't mean to ask it, but she couldn't help her curiosity, gaze intently on Luke as she awaited an answer.

7. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Luke began to retrace his steps back to the port where he’d left the x-wing, shifting the weight of the wooden crate in his arms. He was silent, puzzling over the information that she had given so freely. She hadn’t heard of him, which was refreshing and pleasant, but odd.

Everybody had heard of him. Everybody knew his story, even those that hated him.

Talravin was one of the Core Worlds, while Dantooine was on the Outer Rim, just like his own dim and dusty home planet. There was no reason why she shouldn’t have heard of him. And in turn, there was no reason why he shouldn’t have heard of other Jedi in his neighborhood.

“I didn’t leave anything,” he answered her question, his tone sharp. He wasn’t exactly telling the truth, because he’d abandoned Han, Artoo, Leia. He’d abandoned his purpose to train future generations of Jedi and spread the light throughout the galaxy. “There was no Order left to leave before I was summoned to this world. The Jedi fell through hubris and hypocrisy.”

Through his hubris and hypocrisy. But he was too untrusting and ashamed to recount his failings to the Jedi before him… If she really was one and this wasn’t an elaborate trick.

A flash of suspicion had him jerking to a stop, the tails of his cloak swirling dizzyingly. He turned to scowl at the young woman, his voice cautious and cold: “Why are you here?”

Bastila Shan likes this.
  8. Bastila Shan

Bastila Shan Guest

"Then how did you receive training?" her dark brows furrowed in confusion. She had heard of a few that were self taught, but she was told most that sought to train in the force without guidance easily fell to the dark side, leading to their own destruction, yet this man clearly was light.

His words claiming the Order to be of hubris and hypocrisy caused a frown, but part of her felt the truth in his words. She was often prideful - too prideful. She knew that. But surely, such pride would never lead to the Jedi's downfall.

"The Jedi did not fall." That, she was sure of. She knew of the Jedi Civil War and there was an attack on their enclave on Dantooine shortly before she was pulled to Pandora, but that wasn't the end of the Order. It couldn't be. The Jedi persisted throughout centuries of history, and structures could be rebuilt, more Jedi would always come to fill the lost.

Still, despite his harsh words, Bastila continued to follow him, needing more information, needing answers. Everything he was saying made little sense - he was a legend, he was a Jedi in an orderless world.

This Luke Skywalker had to be lying.

"The force called me to you, and it is never without purpose." She felt the force more strongly than she had since she arrived, and it couldn't possibly have been without reason. "I want to see the truth in what you claim, but none of it makes sense. You are no legend, nor did the Order fall - are you going to claim the Sith do not exist, either?"

9. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

You are no legend.

She spoke the truth. He was a fraud, who’d got lucky as a child.

“The Sith fell with my father in the Endor System,” he gave a solemn nod. “But others have been seduced by the Dark Side of the Force and grow from the shadow of the Sith. They will continue to grow, as long as we have Light. Both must exist to bring balance to the galaxy… Or not exist.”

Luke whirled away from the young woman, striding with purpose back down the winding alley. He’d thought that the Jedi were supposed to end with his passing on that island, but Rey and Master Yoda’s visits had made him uncertain. This Jedi in his company continued to make him uncertain. He needed somewhere as isolated as Ahch-To to contemplate all that he had learned from them.

… That was right. He’d even learned from the girl, Rey.

He had shut out Rey. It would have been foolish to shut out this woman as well, especially when she was making such wonderful claims. Unless it was all a trick? But he felt in the Force and in his heart…

Not far from the X-wing, he slowed to peer over his shoulder at the woman, his voice losing a few degrees of its glacial cold: “What may I call you in return? You’re living on this planet?”

Bastila Shan likes this.
  10. Bastila Shan

Bastila Shan Guest

"The Sith didn't fall." Though Bastila had always hoped they would, they certainly hadn't fallen or seemed even close to it, despite her best efforts. If anything, the Jedi were losing. Force, she was fighting for her life right before she somehow got pulled into this world, and the Sith only seemed to grow by the day thanks to some unseen power.

"Who is your father?" Still, this man was making little sense. She knew of no one influential enough to lead the the Sith to falling that was old enough to be Luke's father.

She followed him as he (again) turned away from her back towards wherever he was, speeding up to ensure he didn't stray too far out of her sight. This was her only chance at answers, and he could attempt to turn away all he liked, but she wouldn't leave him be until he could help her make sense of... everything.

Right. With all her questions, she hadn't even remembered to introduce herself.

"Bastila Shan. Bastila," she offered a cordial nod. "For now, I suppose. I only arrived here a few days ago." Yet somehow, it felt like a lifetime. "When did you arrive here?"

11. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Luke passed a series of large steel receptacles that stunk of rotten fish, musing over what he’d learned from the woman… This Bastila Shan. It was not a name that had ever been uttered by Ben Kenobi or Master Yoda, or from his own mouth as he’d skimmed through sacred Jedi texts.

He answered her question about his father with a sharp grunt, wishing he had not mentioned his role in the fall of the Sith. What purpose had it served in the situation? To boast about the mighty lineage of his family? To shine light on his father’s shadow? Hubris and hypocrisy…

“A few days,” he nodded at Bastila, acknowledging that they also shared this in common. “Whatever power summoned me here couldn’t have picked a more inconvenient moment.”

He hadn’t failed to notice the irony. He’d spent years in self-exile on that island, refusing to help another living soul, even after Rey had come to him, urging him to go to the Rebel Alliance’s Resistance’s aid. When he’d changed his mind, it had been too late and he’d found himself in another huge galaxy, some inexplicable power having severed his link with Leia.

Don’t make the same mistake again.

“You’re adamant that Jedi and Sith did not fall,” he remarked pensively. “I’m adamant that they did years ago. Is it possible we are from different time periods? Though I’ve never heard of anyone using the Force to time travel... And I’ve read a lot of sacred Jedi texts.”

Maybe not that many.

Bastila Shan likes this.
  12. Bastila Shan

Bastila Shan Guest

A few days. Luke had been stuck in this world for even less of a time than herself, which made perfect sense. Surely, Bastila would have sensed someone so connected to the force earlier if they had been here longer, but if he just arrived, then it was unsurprising that she had only now managed to encounter the man.

She could offer her sympathy in being summoned into this world at an inconvenient moment - she was somehow pulled into this planet while fighting a Sith, which meant that Malak didn't yet fall, and her allies were more at risk. She worried about Revan, Carth, all of them - she could simply hope they survived.

For the fate of the galaxy, they had to.

"I arrived here mid battle," she shared, hoping she would gain knowledge of how Luke arrived in return. "I merely hope I held him… a Sith off long enough to allow my allies enough time to escape," she sighed. She sacrificed herself for a reason. She knew she may have not survived the battle (so perhaps, in a way, being summoned to this world was a positive), and the possibility of death was mildly terrifying, even if she was confident that the force would remain with her. But she was alive.

Different the periods. It seemed absolutely absurd, but nothing in the past weeks seemed to make any sense, so she supposed it had potential to be true.

"I don't know how that could happen, but it is possible." At this point, anything seemed possible.

The only way to truly discover if they were from different time periods seemed to be to begin explaining what was happening in the galaxy at her time and see if Luke agreed with any of it. "I come from a time with the Republic and the Sith at constant odds… The Jedi exist, but the civil war that erupted amongst the threat of the Mandalorians took many of our numbers and caused numerous former Jedi to fall to the dark side." It was the quickest summary she could give, anyway. "Does any of this sound familiar?"

13. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

He had been planning to project an image of himself across the galaxy to distract Kylo Ren and his troops, granting the Resistance time to escape from them. Bastilia’s intentions had been similar to his own. Was that why this mystery power had brought them together on this planet?

“I was also trying to hold off the enemy,” he offered, refusing to go into greater detail.

He considered the information that she had given him, crushing the urge to snort bitterly at the mention of numerous Jedi falling to the dark side of the Force like ewoks drawn to honey. No matter the era, you could always count on the Jedi to let themselves down and fail. She could not have been referring to the New Republic if Jedi and Sith were so widespread, but…

“You’re from the Old Republic!” he jerked to a stop, whirling to look at Bastilia, his blue eyes bright and shining with awe and perplexity. “That was thousands of years ago!”

Vaguely, he was aware that they had reached his X-wing. It looked as though it was in a wretched condition because of the seaweed and vines clinging to its grimy, stained body, but his thorough inspection of its components had, remarkably, revealed that it was still functional, excluding a couple of engines and electrical circuits clogged up with starfish and coppergrin spawn.

He set his crate down by the X-wing, squatting heavily to rummage through the contents.

Bastila Shan likes this.
  14. Bastila Shan

Bastila Shan Guest

He remained cryptic about the enemy, yet considering he was still talking to her, Bastila refrained from pressing further. She had bothered him enough, and in time, surely he would provide more information. She supposed it didn't even matter considering the threats they once faced were (for now and hopefully would remain) far, far away.

The Old Republic.

Her eyes narrowed, brow furrowing in confusion. What was so old about the Republic? Was there a newer one? Did that mean the Republic somehow fell, too?

He was from the future. Thousands of years in the future. While it was strange to even imagine that it was possible, with the strangeness of this planet, it seemed fairly possible. It all made sense, how Luke claimed to be some legend despite Bastila never hearing of him or anything he spoke of. However, if the Jedi had fallen in his time, she feared for the future of the galaxy she knew. Still, at least one remained, so all hope surely wasn't lost. From just one, they could rebuild.

"They call my time the Old Republic?" she continued to follow him, glancing down at the broken ship for a moment. "What has happened since then? Another Republic? The fall of the Order?" she could hardly resist asking her many, many questions, mind racing.

15. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

“I admit my knowledge of ancient history is pretty bad,” he replied, collecting his tools and beginning to make the first of his repairs to the sea stained X-Wing. “As a boy, learning about the Corsair Wars or the Mandalorian crusades was at the bottom of my list of interests.”

He had probably spent that time daydreaming about going to the Tosche Station to pick up power converters or endeavoring to think up ways to accelerate his entry into the Academy.

Luke paused to peel a dark, desiccated lump of seaweed off the starfighter’s left flank, throwing it to the concrete with a soft plap. He untangled a vine from one of the wings, its coarse green skin scratching at his hands. That, too, went on the ground, crushed underfoot.

“There was of course the Old Republic first, which failed,” he told Bastila as he crouched to resume his work on the X-Wing, making picking and digging motions with his tools. “Then the Republic came next, no old, no new, no other descriptions, which also failed. Then there was the Clone Wars and the Empire was born, which also failed. Then the New Republic came hard on its heels, which also failed. It’s the era of the First Order now. I wonder when that will fail?”

He gave Bastila a look, which was half scowl, half bitter smirk. “No wonder I failed to accomplish any of my own personal objectives in a universe built upon failures and disappointments. Do you suppose we were summoned here to finally succeed in some small task?"

Luke unfastened a small square panel on the underside of the X-Wing, scraping out the grime and crusty, microscopic sea life with the sharp edge of one of his implements. "I figure you wouldn't've had these starfighters in your day?"

Bastila Shan likes this.