By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private perchance to dream

Discussion in 'Otherworld' started by Leia Organa, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Leia Organa

Leia Organa Star Wars

Councillor of Intelligence
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

July 29th
    @Luke Skywalker
    Lying on a makeshift bed in someone’s house didn’t bother Leia – it was much comfier than the cramped abodes on the various ships she’d been on. What bothered her was the absence of urgency – there was no Republic to start rebuilding here, no diplomatic missions she had to undertake, no having to be prepared to abandon a base at a moment’s notice. There was nothing – just that apparently there was no way out of here, something multiple people had confirmed to her by now. Leia didn’t want to believe it, but she had seen the grave, serious, and sometimes sad look in their eyes and knew it to be true.

What happened next shocked her, but also gave her back that all important feeling: hope.

She found herself…well, she couldn’t quite make it out but it was definitely not where she’d been resting. It was who was there with her, their back towards her, that really caught her attention. Tousled grey hair trailed down to his shoulders, almost blending into the robe he wore...

She shouldn’t have even recognised him; even without a face, he was too old, but there was that aching feeling, the one she got only when she was around...

“...Luke?”
    Her voice almost trembled – that rare show of vulnerability that she only had around him or Han.

Luke Skywalker likes this.
  2. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

He sensed Leia’s arrival in Pandora like a spider feeling something twitch upon its web. Indeed, the Force was very much a web, stretching across the galaxy, connecting everybody.

Luke hadn’t hesitated to hurry to a spot of silent contemplation on Saint Sacul, sitting cross-legged on an elevated slab of rock. He’d stared out at the glistening sea, the rose tinged twin suns, before closing his eyes and reaching out across that great swaying web.

He found her in dreams. Perhaps a corridor of some sort, wrought from pulsing shadows.

Leia,” he murmured back, his voice carrying an echoic quality.

He turned to face Leia, her youth and beauty stealing away his breath. It produced a bubbling melting pot of feelings inside him, most of them nostalgic and sad. Luke wished he was young, too. That would make it before he’d failed his nephew, her son. Take him back to his youth and he would not make the same mistakes again. How Yoda would’ve chided his wishes right now...

But this wasn’t about Yoda or Ben. This was about Leia. She was here with him.

“Pandora’s spared you the cruelty of the clock.” Luke smiled warmly, stepping forward to plant a tender kiss on top of her head. “What do you remember last before you came to this world?”

Leia Organa likes this.
  3. Leia Organa

Leia Organa Star Wars

Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Her heart leapt as he turned to face her - he looked worn, faded and their was a sadness to his eyes that had definitely not been present in the Luke she knew. But it was still him. He was here, against all odds.

She closed her eyes for a moment as he kissed her head, his touch as gentle and careful as ever. What had happened?

"Luke, I..." she trailed off, a rare moment that she was lost for words as she stared up at his face, softly placing a hand to his cheek, drawing it away as she spoke again. "We were on Endor, just after you defeated Palpatine. It was right after the celebration." A celebration she wasn't sure was warranted, given how forlorn her brother seemed, even with his warm smile.

She wanted to know, needed to, but she hesitated - this was all new to her; she never thought she'd see Luke older, well, until she was, given they were twins.

4. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

He nodded faintly, acknowledging her reply. Not a word she said could surprise him after he’d become the caretaker of his nine year old father in Pandora. Their nine year old father in fact. Before him, there had been Bastila Shan, who belonged in the history books.

“This place draws people in at different stages of their lives,” he commented, eyeing their hazy surroundings as though the reason why this was so would emerge from the pulsing shadows. “I met a Jedi not long after I’d been brought to this galaxy. They were from the Old Republic.”

He was hesitant to mention their father so soon, worried about how she would react to such news. Perhaps she should meet “Ani” before knowing about his true identity? She would see then that he was a harmless little boy, who they could both keep from being seduced by the Dark. He was Luke’s redemption after he’d failed her son, his nephew. Luke didn’t even want to think about how he was going to tell her about Ben! Han’s death! Maybe he should keep those things secret, although the thought of lying to his sister stung him and made him feel dirty.

“I wish I was young, like you, so I don’t have to live with the weight of knowing what happened after the Empire's fall,” he let out an anguished sigh, shaking his gray head. “Where can we meet in person, Leia? My new home is on a planet known as Saint Sacul, but I have my X-wing. I can travel.”

Leia Organa likes this.
  5. Leia Organa

Leia Organa Star Wars

Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Luke’s explanation made sense, even if she was struggling to wrap her head around it. Her eyebrows raised in intrigue at the mention of a Jedi, one from the Old Republic being here. They would be fascinating to talk to – she hadn’t even managed to meet Kenobi before he became one with the Force, as Luke had put it.

Her eyes shone as he sighed, such a pitiful, pained sound that she wished he was really there, not a projection. However, his next response gave her, again, that hope.

She had no idea where Saint Sacul was, but at least he had transport...and a home. He must be doing okay, or that’s what she had to tell herself until she saw him in person.

“I’m in a place called Elysium – I guess it’s the closest thing I’ve found to somewhere I belong since I came here.” At least she could get a good grasp on the political climate – even now, she was beginning to figure it out. “I can’t tell you how glad I am you’re here Luke. You’ll have to tell me everything, no matter...no matter how hard it might be to hear. I’ve decided I need to know.”

6. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

He nodded pensively. “I can get to Elysium. Any particular landmarks?”

Not that he needed any. He would sense Leia wherever she went in the galaxy. She generated warmth and light in his mind like a sun. But it would make it quicker if they were to meet at a specific location. He tended to avoid Elysium, so couldn’t personally recommend any.

She insisted on hearing what had happened after the Empire’s fall, which caused icy chills to wind down his back. He puffed out his cheeks, knowing he wouldn’t feel warm again today.

Leia… No,” he shook his head, though his tone was resigned and weary. He would not - and could not - lie or refuse to answer her if she pressed him. “You don’t want to know.”

But at least he had time before they met in person. Time to think about how to hedge his words, perhaps gloss over details when it came to her son… No. Leia would sense the guilt and turmoil inside him. She was just as strong with the Force as him, in her soft, subtle way.

Leia Organa likes this.
  7. Leia Organa

Leia Organa Star Wars

Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

She paused, thinking. "There's a garden, high up in Elysium. Think it's the only bit of greenery it has. Venus Garden, is it?" Even if this place was the closest thing to what she was used to, she longed for Alderaan's greenery, and it's rolling hills, or snow-capped mountains. Just another world she could never again go back to.

She shook her head. "I have to, Luke," she insisted, feeling guilty of how much this seemed to be hurting him. Living with secrets and regrets was hard, and it was easy to get weighed down. She took his hand in her own and gently squeezed.

8. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

“I’ll find the Garden,” he nodded, confident of his skills and the technology at his fingertips.

The gentle squeeze to the hand coaxed a small smile out of him. He’d missed Leia. Han, too. On Ahch-To, his loneliness and homesickness had often kept him up at night, along with the guilt. So much guilt. But he’d never once contemplated returning to Han and Leia. The agony of seeing their knowing faces after he’d failed their son, shoved him into the gaping maw of the Dark, was worse than any insomnia.

When do you want to meet?” he asked. “I would come immediately, but my X-wing is in bad condition. I’ll need a few days to repair it and make sure it lasts the journey.”

And to think about what he was going to tell Leia.

An alternative option was to use the space shuttle service that connected the Saint Sacul star system to the Tosche Cosimo Station, then rent a transport, but that would mean people and crowds. He was also trying to keep a low profile after damaging part of the floor in the Cosimo Station, as well as blowing up a wall.

… He hadn’t reacted well upon discovering that his estranged father was a little boy.

Leia Organa likes this.
  9. Leia Organa

Leia Organa Star Wars

Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

She hoped her could. For once, she had no co-ordinates or any other idea of how to get him there. She really was out of her depth.

She missed that smile. If Luke was here, a part of her hoped that Han would be, too, somewhere. She was sure her brother would have mentioned him if he was. She tried not to think about Han and her in the future, until she knew the exact truth from her twin.

Leia nodded in understanding. “I can wait a few days; I’d rather you get here safely and in one piece.” It was tempting just to want to see him now, but that would be selfish of her.

She shifted, asking the question that she needed reassurance on the most. “How long have you been here? You’re safe, aren’t you?”

10. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

“I’ve been here well over a month. Almost two,” he replied. “I can’t tell you much about the civilizations. The planets. I spend most of my time on Saint Sacul. There are dangerous places on this island, but I avoid them. I hope you can come here and see it all one day. It’ll remind you of Hoth and Endor and Dagobah and… Well. I guess you never saw Dagobah.”

Briefly, he cast his eyes to the ground, preparing to disclose a small, yet enormous detail to Leia. He met her eyes again, his gaze steady, although unease tightened his jaw.

“I’m not on my own,” he said, a small frown creasing his forehead. “I’m a… Caretaker of sorts to a small boy. The Force is strong with this one. You should see him, too, one day.”

Fearing questions, he took a couple of steps away from Leia as though putting a physical stop to the conversation. He couldn’t just tell her that their father was this small boy. It was too soon. She was probably still adjusting to being in this galaxy, to her brother being old.

“When you wake up, Leia, I’ll still be with you,” he assured her gently. “We can talk like this whenever you want. Just reach out with your feelings.”

Leia Organa likes this.
  11. Leia Organa

Leia Organa Star Wars

Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

That seemed a long time, but it paled in comparison to how many years were physically between them. She smiled a sad smile as she remembered those places - a victory they'd had on Endor, but she still now doubted how much they'd really won upon reuniting with this Luke.

"I would very much like to see it, Luke." She was glad he was out of danger.

Her eyes widened in surprise at the mention of the boy he was caring for. She wasn't sure what their relationship was, but she always knew Luke would make a fine teacher and hopefully rebuild the Jedi Order one day. He had the patience and understanding she lacked.

"It's good you're not alone - and I'm glad he found you, someone who understands." She watched as he moved away, wanting nothing more than to reach out and embrace him, taking all of the pain he tried to hide so well away.

She nodded, allowing a tear to fall down her cheek. She didn't want to leave him, didn't want this to end, but they'd be reunited soon. And even if she didn't know much about the Force, she was lucky enough to know how to locate him.

12. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

The tear provoked a small, sad smile out of him. He reiterated in a voice that was both simultaneously soft and firm: “I’m always with you.”

He blinked and was then back on Saint Sacul, sitting cross-legged upon an elevated slab of rock. The twin suns had long set, plunging the island in a deep and pensive gloom. Waves murmured far below, along with the gentle chitter of nesting porgs and the faint chanting of ewoks.

Luke experienced a sense of flat, smooth peace at first, but then he remembered that Leia wanted him to tell her everything. Everything. The recollection was like a stone shattering the tranquil surface of a pond. His insides churned at the thought of telling her about her son, who he had shoved into the waiting arms of the dark side of the Force through his folly, hubris and hypocrisy. Bile roiled at the thought of telling her about their father now being a nine year old boy, no blood on his hands, and how he was Luke’s redemption.

He shifted on the rock, so he sat hunched over with his feet on the ground. Luke pulled his hood over his head, then began to brood about how she would react to his confessions.

Unlike Leia, he wouldn’t sleep tonight.

Han Solo and Leia Organa like this.