By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

phantasmagoria | keira's organiser | NEW: BRONN!| updated for summer!!

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Keira, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Piper

Piper Player

Tamina && @Cullen Rutherford

Poor Cullen -patpats- But yeah lets do this! I have Tamina staying at The Eagle and Dragon so if anything that's gonna be the easiest place to get them together for something like this. She's pretty open date wise this season so that's not gonna be a problem. Would you mind starting this thread for them?

William && @Lift

That's actually kinda perfect. I know you said she's gonna be there for a few days at the start of December, but is there any specific date that would work best for you and then I could get something up for them?

Yavanna && @Nynaeve al'Meara

That works! ^^ Yavanna doesn't have any threads yet this season so whatever date you want should be fine. and would you like to start this for them or shall I?

2. Keira

Keira Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    @Piper

Cullen & @Tamina
    Definitely, at the start of his time in Pandora, a more medieval-style tavern like the Eagle and Dragon will be his more usual haunt I think. With everything else piling on top of him, trying to deal with the craziness of a modern pub will hinder more than help XD I can get this started sure! Hopefully this week!!

Lift & @William of Lanchester
    Uhhh, she's got a thread on December 3rd but otherwise she's free up until about the 10th when I have stuff planned and she'll be staying in Misty Hollow. So early in the season, she might not be in the best of moods though (understandably really, having seen a guy she hasn't quite realised she sees as a father figure hang himself just a few days' earlier >_>).

Nynaeve & @Yavanna Kementári
    I can get something started for them this week. =)

Piper likes this.
  3. Crystal Peak

Crystal Peak Even in darkness, there is always light

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Dorian Pavus & Cullen Rutherford (@Keira)Hey there, Keira! How's it going?

So, we talked a bit on Discord that we'd want these two to meet, interact and basically get them to be friends and chess partners. It's going to be a bit hilarious since Cullen will not know who Dorian is (Dorian will get super offended, how can you not remember this amazing mustache??), but he'll totally get it that Cullen's from a different time.

So yeah! They should totally meet; whether its' on an adventure or maybe at a pub or bar, anything works for me! :)

4. Keira

Keira Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    @Crystal Peak

Cullen & @Dorian Pavus
    Honestly, when he meets Dorian, he's going to end up wondering just what kind of future lies in wait for him if he's running around befriending elves and Tevinter mages. His life right now feels like the furthest from that kind of possibility he could get. I think since he's already meeting Ellana at the pub, I'd like to do something else. I'm currently having him do odd jobs for the occasional bit of cash, so perhaps they could run into each other when Cullen's... idk... spending some time being a bodyguard for someone? Perhaps he could be a bodyguard for a foolhardy explorer who wants to go mess around with some temple or other in the desert?

Crystal Peak likes this.
  5. Crystal Peak

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Dorian & Cullen (@Keira)Well, if he ever asks that Dorian will retort that it's a good future; besides the whole Darkspawn magister, etc. OMG, yeah, Cullen would be a bodyguard for some poor fool. Yeah, that could be an interesting intro, since that could totally get my guy interested in checking out Pandora's desert/temples/anything revolving around Horizon.

Also, we do need to clear something out; would they have a fight or not? Cause Cullen, as you said, wouldn't recognize Dorian so...?

Keira likes this.
  6. Keira

Keira Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    @Crystal Peak

Cullen & @Dorian Pavus
    Ummm. A fight, I doubt it. Cullen doesn't have Templar anti-magic abilities in Pandora so he's basically just a standard soldier, helpless against magic now. He'd be suspicious and wary of Dorian for sure though, I think, and probably not believe that Dorian is friends with future!Cullen unless Dorian can provide some information relevant to Cullen that would make him start to believe.

Although, thanks to his spending time with Solona again in Pandora, he's likely going to find out about there being no Fade here and therefore no risk of demonic possession simply from being a mage. Wouldn't make him all happy and trusting of some random mage - especially a Tevinter, sorry, Dorian - but would probably lessen his suspicion a little bit. A liiiittle.

Crystal Peak likes this.
  7. Crystal Peak

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cullen & Dorian (@Keira)Ah, okay. I didn't know he didn't have his Templar abilities anymore; you can bet that he'd try to make him realize he knows him. Maybe mention something about chess or something from his past, like while he'd been in Kirkwall. We'll see how it goes. :p

Yay for there not being a Fade, but there is still a dream world. Lol. xD But yeah; Dorian already has a thread with the Inquisitor, so if they meet after that, he'd probably know that Cullen is from a lot earlier than them. ;)

So, what dates is Cullen free?

8. Eve

Eve Black Cat
    you can't erase your past

Child
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    -Sidles in-

Hi.

I have a couple of ideas, but one of them is hiding in the back of my head somewhere. It'll occur to me eventually. Anyway, the one that I was think could be interesting @Amelie Lacroix and Eve.

Eve, from basically her birth, was conditioned into believing that she's a weapon, undeserving of emotions, etc, etc. With Widowmaker having recently regained her emotions, I think it might be interesting for the two to meet and discuss this whole I-killed-a-bunch-of-people-and-now-I-know-it-was-bad thing, as well as talk about fun things like angst, and guilt, and horrible horrible nightmares where you drown in the blood of the people you've killed. Also, in an interesting twist, this would make her kinda friends with Widowmaker and terrified of Tracer

Also, Eve desperately needs some friends, and she has a kitten. Everything is better with kittens

#28 Eve, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  9. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

If you're looking for plots with @Cullen Rutherford or @Jaesa Willsaam , I think that Samus could work with either of them. I could see her being drinking companions with Cullen from time to time, or even trying to drag him away if it looks like he's gone over his limit. She could emphasize with his PTSD and anxiety struggles as well.

Samus also keeps her gunship parked a little outside of Pandora Town when it's not in use, so maybe she and Jaesa could run into one another at some point. Samus has a sort of similar mindset to her when it comes to vengeance and controlling her anger, but funnels it into helping people most of the time. That might be an interesting dynamic to explore.

10. DeisTheAlcano

DeisTheAlcano Player

Ok, so I see @Amelie Lacroix sorely needs friends, or at least people that can understand her predicament.

Which is why I would like to offer an interaction with Jessica Drew since their backstories are so similar. Brainwashed to serve the bad guys? Check. Killed her first lover? Check. Spider motif? Check, check, and check. I'm thinking, since Jessica is way past the angst stage, she could show Amélie that there are other options apart from being a (literal) cold-blooded killer and that switching sides is possible?

Maybe even teach her the millenary art of mid-combat banter...

11. Mami Tomoe

Mami Tomoe Guest

Mami Tomoe / Cullen Rutherford
    Hi! I know we've talked about threads between some of your characters and Chanel, but I'm here today with a new thread idea! (Totally not forgetting the other ones, though!)
    So, I have Mami now! She's a very kind-hearted magical girl! She couldn't be @Cullen Rutherford's drinking buddy (because, well, 15 years old...) but she could show him that magic isn't always so bad! (Even if her type of magic is, in a sense, she just doesn't know it...)
    Mami hunts witches, monsters that exploits human's negative emotions to make them take lives (their own or others'), maybe one could take advantage of Cullen's state of mind (because of the withdrawal, the drinking and the nightmares), but Mami could come and save the day before she forces him to make something he wouldn't do, therefore showing her powers to him and so he would see magic used for bad and good things at the same time? Then maybe we could have different threads (or headcanon them), with Mami taking him with her during her witch hunts, showing him all the good she's doing with her magic? They could also talk and become friends, between every fight, of course haha?
    Honestly, I'd love to see her interact with someone who could "dislike her" for her magic, since it's the only thing she thinks she has to make people like her, she would be completely lost (and extremely saddened to see that some people could dislike her for that, but she wouldn't show that in front of him haha-).

12. Keira

Keira Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil

@Crystal Peak (Dorian & Cullen)
    Oh yeah, I've gone with there being no lyrium in Pandora, so he's lost all his Templar abilities and is struggling through withdrawal to boot. And even though there's a dream world I don't think there are demons that prey on dreams and possess mages, though it'll take a little while for Cullen to actually believe that and not think that mages are just saying that to put him at ease. He's a bit suspicious these days. :c But yeah, ummm. Noel dropped the Inquisitor, but I'm still headcanoning that she met Cullen and explained about 'future him'. Cullen's taken dates are: 15 and 22 December, and 3 and 23 January, and he met Ellana on Jan 3rd.

@DaughterOfTheClayr (Eve & Amelie)
    Although I don't see Amelie as very maternal at all (maaaaaybe pre-Widow, but not now, at any rate) she would be quite horrified at the idea of conditioning a child into being a weapon and a killer. I mean, although I think this could be interesting, I'm currently having a little trouble trying to figure a scenario where Amelie actually starts off talking to a kid about that stuff. She's not going to just talk about her conditioning by a terrorist organisation and the hundreds of people she killed with just... anybody. Definitely not a young child. Do you have any ideas around that?

@ScorpioRat (Samus & Cullen)
    Cullen does need people who'll drag him away when he's clearly had too much to drink. >> He tries not to let himself get out of control with alcohol but sometimes he's just in too much pain and he needs to totally numb it :c But yeah, drinking buddies is always fun, and perhaps down the line they could be buddy-buddies without booze being involved. Also, if this is earlier in the season, he might try and drunkenly flirt with her. :|
    Samus & Jaesa
    Jaesa would like to meet other people with ships! Her starship is - aside from her lightsaber but that's a given - her most prized possession in Pandora, and she's very proud of it. While she's not the kind of spaceship nerd who'll go freaking out about other people's ships, she'd still be curious. Perhaps we could do something involving some kind of monster and one of them coming in to help the other (more feasibly I think that'd be Samus coming in to assist Jaesa since Jaesa doesn't look like much and Jaesa will see someone in a weird-ass suit of armour and be like 'meh they clearly don't need help') and we could go from there? Perhaps Jaesa gets injured and Samus' ship is closest? I'm utterly awful with ideas, blah.

@DeisTheAlcano (Jessica and Amelie)
    That is quite a list of similarities. XD Like I said to Daughter up above though, I'm not entirely sure how I'd get Amelie to actually talk about things. I think while it's fairly obvious that she's not in a very good way emotions-wise, she's still closed off about her past and I'm basically just having a lot of trouble actually seeing her sit down and chat with anyone, or even really leaving her apartment more than once every two weeks or something. I really think any possible thread would be quite short and would need to lead into long-term development throughout next season. Building up anything with Amelie is bound to be a very slow process. Thing is, at the end of the season, she's taking the easy way out of her pain and making a deal with a demon to remove her guilt so next season she won't have the problem of all her crippling remorse any more.

Basically, I'd be down for these two meeting, but I honestly doubt anything would come of it quite so soon, because Amelie needs slower development at this stage.

@Saaron (Mami & Cullen)
    I'd really like to see Cullen interacting with a really sweet teenager tbh. His problem, though, isn't necessarily that he thinks magic is only used for bad stuff and can't really accept that it can be used for good - his problems stem more from the way his home world's magic works, in that mages back home tend to attract demons in their dreams and can easily be controlled by demonic influence or even downright possessed by demons. His issues with magic are more that he feels like it doesn't matter whether it's used with good intentions, it can always end up being harmful. He knows full well that a lot of magic users are nice people and don't want to hurt people, they just might fall prey to demons at any point. His prejudices all stem from that, and it'll take him a bit of time to accept that a lot of magic in Pandora is different (and that there aren't even any Thedosian demons to prey on mages' dreams here anyway!)

But yeah, initially Cullen would be suspicious of Mami, especially as due to her age he wouldn't consider her strong enough yet to withstand the influences of demons if they started targetting her. He wouldn't doubt her good intentions, so there'd be no real need for her to show him that she does good things with her magic. Mainly she'd need to persuade him that she won't get possessed by demons and turn into an abomination that can destroy a village. >>

#32 Keira, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    ScorpioRat and Saaron like this.
  13. Crystal Peak

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cullen & Dorian (@Keira)Well, that's one thing Dorian doesn't miss; he'll understand since it's an old Cullen, but that doesn't make him feel okay about his friend being suspicious.

Yeah, I totally get it. Because me and Noel didn't go that far in our thread, I'm headcanoning that it didn't happen, so he doesn't know Cullen is here. Dorian is free mid December, beginning of January and all February----so, we can have a thread whenever you want.

So, meeting while Cullen is being a bodyguard; do you want them to meet in the desert or maybe the guy has business with the Mages' Guild and would meet them in Horizon? Also, do you want to start the thread or should I?

14. Saaron

Saaron Player

Mami Tomoe / Cullen Rutherford
    Well, that's something that could actually happen-
    But it's something she doesn't know (and that's what happen when you sign a contract without knowing anything about it-) so she can "prove to him" that she can resists demons! Do you have any idea how she could prove that to him, though haha?

15. Keira

Keira Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil

@Crystal Peak (Dorian & Cullen)
    I would simply headcanon that it didn't happen but I already kinda referenced it elsewhere so I'll need to work around that and just... go with headcanons. >>

We could go with something in early/ mid-January in the desert! I can start it if you like; have Cullen be traipsing around some ruined temple after an annoying scholar/explorer type.

@Saaron (Mami & Cullen)
    Ohohoho, well, if he ever found out that there are more types of magic than just the one from his world that can lead to demonic possession, Cullen will legit just despair. Finding that out isn't the way to go about building up a tolerance to magic, so it's a good thing Mami doesn't know about it. >>

That is a very good question though. I don't really think she can prove it, so basically Cullen will just be side-eying her expecting her to get possessed by a demon any minute now all the way through their interactions until he realises Pandora's different. xD I do think that magic aside, Cullen would quite like her, because I always figure that he likes kids and teenagers even if he's not in the greatest frame of mind right now. But yeah, the magic will be an interesting obstacle. I'd really like to explore something with Mami saving him from something magical but monstrous, though. It'd be pretty fun to explore that conflict between gratitude and suspicion!

Saaron likes this.
  16. Saaron

Saaron Player

Mami / Cullen @Keira
    Well, she wouldn't get possessed, but she can turn into a monster like the ones she hunts and could hurt others-
    I'd love that! It'd be a challenge for Mami to truly think that someone could care about her even if they don't see her as perfect! I think it can be a really interesting thread! :)
    What do you think of my idea with Cullen getting influenced by a witch temporarily, before Mami comes to help him, then? Witches are very weird in her world and can go from totally not human-looking to kinda human-looking, they're not like the other witches she could have seen in his world haha! I think that count as saving him from something magical but monstrous! xD

17. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

Samus/Cullen and Jaesa
    That flirting idea sounds pretty funny XD. Maybe he blacks out later and she just lets him sleep it off in her apartment and has to explain what happened the night before. Doing a thread with Cullen around mid or late December in a bar would work timewise for Samus.

As for Jaesa, Samus would definitely stop what she's doing and jump in to help someone being attacked by a few stray Space Pirates or Metroids or something similar in threat level.

18. Crystal Peak

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cullen & Dorian (@Keira)Sorry for the late response! I didn't get an alert and I'm sorry about that. x__x

Yeah, we can do that; and poor Cullen for following that explorer guy. You got a bodyguard for a reason, man! Stick by him! And if you could start it that's be great; I'd really appreciate that. :) Dorian has these dates of January taken (2, 13, 14, 18), so any date besides that I'm cool with that! :D

19. Keira

Keira Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    AURIEL HAS BEEN ADDED!

Come plot with this compassionate but badass archangel!​

I'LL GET TO PLOTTER POSTS THIS WEEK GUYS, SORRY FOR THE WAIT.

<3

20. Keira

Keira Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Okay, first of all:
    Really, really sorry to @Crystal Peak, @ScorpioRat and @Saaron, but I decided a few days ago to drop Cullen. I had a lot of issues with his muse and his being exhausting to write because of just how many problems the poor guy had in DA2.

@ScorpioRat (Samus & Jaesa)
    If you'd still like to do a thread with these two, Jaesa has most of January free!

Saaron likes this.