HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Community Player Organizers: Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Octi, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus
    Community Relations Division

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Hey guys!

The two week tester period for our player organizers has now been concluded and we want to know what you all think now that you've had plenty of time to create your own and plot with people in theirs. Was the premade template helpful to you? Did you find having the chance to easily look over a player's roleplay preferences beneficial to you? Do you enjoy player organizers or do you prefer having the individual plotter option?

Feel free to leave us your thoughts and feedback below! We'll be making our final decision in regard to whether or not we'll be keeping them over the next couple of days.

2. GhostOfHalloweenPast

GhostOfHalloweenPast a dragonfly on their way into the sky

Fanfic Writer & Half-Time Witch
    Race:
    kuo'ma
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Heya~
    I think the best thing about these organizers is, that you can now immediately see who plays who, which always had been something of a struggle for me personally. That aside, I totally dig the organizers. The template is helpful and it's neat to have the plotting and the preferences in the same place. :)

3. Riot

Riot Player

I prefer the organizers. It's really helpful to have something of the other person's preferences in the same space where I can see all their characters.

4. Nimchii

Nimchii Player

I really love the Player Organizer. It's both player and character based info. You get to know more about the player and the preferences they like as well. Thumbs up for this incredible idea you guys made!

Octi, GhostOfHalloweenPast and Steel like this.
  5. Crystal Peak

Crystal Peak Even in darkness, there is always light

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    While I haven't made an organizer yet, I think it's better than the individual plotter. It definitely helps to get a view on who the RPer is and what characters they have. And the template is super helpful. :D

Steel, Octi and GhostOfHalloweenPast like this.
  6. Hannah

Hannah i'm nothin' but lovesick

I really prefer it to the plotters; as others have said, you get to know about the roleplayer and their preferences in one thread along with their characters, which is useful and saves time. The template is great too and I think the organisers are a lot tider to look at.

Steel, Nimchii and Octi like this.
  7. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    I do see the appeal of having the preferences up front for everyone to see, and that's nice. :) Plus I have always been more of a multiplotter person at heart, so this organizer setup suits me fine.

Octi, Steel and GhostOfHalloweenPast like this.
  8. Alice

Alice Player

Pro. Dog Cuddler, Part-time Poet, High Sea Pirate
    Race:
    You summoned me, you should know
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    I think the idea is really nice but I also feel like it might end up getting really disorganized very quickly. Especially for people who have more than 7 or so characters. If all the plotting will take place in the organizer, for all of the characters, I feel like very quickly it might end up being a lot of pages and very messy.

In general though I can see the appeal and I think it is definitely useful for a lot of things. Just not sure in how far plotting would work great with organizers.

9. Nairne

Nairne Player

Bacon Eater
    Race:
    Weirdo
    Directory:
    link
    As a potential solution to the multiple characters problem, individuals could put rules for posting on their plotter and then players can go through and delete responses after a certain amount of time or something along those lines. That or just have people send messages.

Personally I like the organizers, especially for finding out who plays who. The template really helps. If I can think of any problems/solutions, I'll post back.

I guess I do have a question. Will you guys be doing something similar with the trackers/miscellaneous? Or are you going to continue to have that be a player preference?

Alice, Octi, Steel and 1 other person like this.
  10. Marin

Marin Magical Girl Enthusiast

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    I'm not a fan of how bloated with information my organizer feels compared to the individual plotters that went into it. I feel like my characters and I, as a consequence of sharing the thread, are now competing for the attention span of anyone viewing it. I suppose I'll wind up trimming away lots of information that I end up deeming superfluous to sort of fix that at some point, but I can't say I enjoy this more than the former way of doing it.

Octi, Steel and Nairne like this.
  11. Shayne

Shayne Player

I prefer the organizers because, like other people have said, you get to see the player and character all in one spot. It also allows for people’s more obscure characters to get noticed, I think. Which is nice.

But I do worry about the overload of information as well. Because even with just one character I feel like mine is pretty beefy? And I don’t want anyone to not plot because they feel like it’s too much to read? Ja feel?

Octi, Steel and Nairne like this.
  12. Salty Archmage

Salty Archmage The Saltiest of Salty.

Captioning Agent
    While I've not set up an organizer of my own yet, I really like them. I already preferred a multi-plotter for how I did things, and this just feels like an expansion of that. I've always preferred having everything in one place as I tend to forget about multiple threads [even single ones I am bad about sometimes spacing on].

Plus, like many others have said - it's really nice to see who plays who, what their preferences are, and have all that info on everybody else's characters in a single place. Makes it easier for me to find people and plot ideas.

Octi, Steel and Crystal Peak like this.
  13. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

Just so people know, I do have some new bbcodes I’m planning on releasing if we switch it organizers. They’re designed to help with organization, so hopefully they’ll mitigate that particular concern.

Octi, Steel, Shayne and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ariel

Ariel Player

Writer
    In my opinion, the templates were one of the biggest positives to come out of this. I know it's a bit weird to say, but people tend to judge based on appearance and having an organized template that people can copy really helps to draw in potential rp partners.

As for the organizers, I think I prefer them to the plotters. However, they do risk getting cluttered. An easy solution (if possible) would be to allow players to wipe the plotters clean of posts. Basically, if people could get rid of the extraneous and old posts in their plotter while keeping the original posts intact, that would really help.

Alice, Octi, Phantom Maple and 2 others like this.
  15. Nyami

Nyami Player

Alignment:
    True Neutral
    I prefer the organizers because they have templates as well as OOC information which is very important for those who have squicks/triggers. My opinion is that they should stay and perhaps even replace the plotters.

Octi and Steel like this.
  16. Mako

Mako MINUS FIVE STARS

Prole
    Race:
    Goblin
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Tbh, I'm not sure that two weeks is necessarily a long enough time to test anything like this in, but for what it's worth I think the Organisers are almost entirely superior to the plotters. Shayne brought up that it allows more obscure characters to get noticed, and I think this is absolutely true. Characters who aren't from large fandoms tend to get overlooked, plot-wise, and I think this goes some way to addressing that. Otherwise, I think the points I'd have made are already being addressed, so yeah!

Octi, Nairne and Hannah like this.