By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private please stop dying

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Elizabeth, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

January 4
    @Minato Arisato

Perhaps the most peculiar thing about Pandora was that it was only a minor footnote in what was Elizabeth’s journey of discovery. The retrieval of the blue-haired boy from the clutches of a rigged system was the end goal, but like so many things, she had assumed the solutions to the biggest problems could be found in self-discovery. It was all a rather indirect, even convoluted pathway of complexes and trivial conditions, and no amount of observation of her master’s methods could ever make her understand it fully. That was as big a reason why she had left in the first place.

How funny was it, then, that an unwanted trip to an entirely new, uncharted dimension could lead her straight to Minato Arisato, as though every piece of a grand puzzle had been shuffled around by idle hands of fate. Elizabeth hadn’t thought much about what she would say upon meeting him again, only that she had a chance to say anything at all. The meaning of their reunion was not lost on her, and she felt almost as though an invisible weight was pressing against her chest.

She stood in the hallway near the door leading to his room, and for a moment, appeared to forget how to walk. She started and stopped several times, and wasn’t sure what the normal protocol had been. In truth, the ramblings of those “hospital employees” about visitation hours and friends and family cast a dubious light on the proceedings, but somehow, she had managed to walk around so much that everyone had lost track of everything.

Clutching a small box that she had retrieved from a machine just moments before, she opened the door and stepped through.

He was here.

“Hello,” Elizabeth offered with a tight smile. “I...had heard that you weren’t well, so I decided to, as they say, ‘drop by.’”

She raised the box in her hand and presented it with reverence. “It was my understanding that flowers are appropriate for this occasion, but time was a factor. I’ve brought you Skittles instead.”

She stole a glance at the front of the box, wondering how anyone had managed to capture the taste and texture of a rainbow.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  2. Minato Arisato

Minato Arisato Persona
    Persona Jesus

Wanderer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Minato was half watching a movie and cuddling his Jack Frost plush when the door opened, which kinda threw him off, because the nurses usually knocked -- really, everyone usually knocked, so he was a little thrown off when the door suddenly opened.

He relaxed though, when he saw who it was, though his eyes widened a little with slight surprise and eagerness. There's a... Healthier glow to him, though Elizabeth might not notice too much of a difference from the last time she in particular saw him. Minato sat up with a smile still playing at his lips as she came over and offered him the box.

Elizabeth... His Velvet Room attendant. Minato had no idea when she had arrived in Pandora, but for some reason it was incredibly comforting that she had. Her help had been invaluable, and the time he'd spent with her was both amusing, eye-opening... And included at least one surprise.

(Though Minato wasn't sure of whether or not this Elizabeth knew of... That night. Some minor details like a one night stand sometimes didn't carry over between people in Pandora. Besides... He had little intention of following up on it.)

"Elizabeth." He greeted, with a warmness that matched his smile as she came over. "I'm doing better than I was a few days ago, that's for certain..."
    A small chuckle echoed and he waved a hand. "Skittles are fine, thank you... How long have you been here, Elizabeth? In Pandora, I mean."

Back to that specifics habit he'd picked up with her. Some things were definitely better said in plain or specific wording.

Elizabeth likes this.
  3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

As her blue-haired friend had experienced firsthand, Elizabeth was not good at identifying emotion. She had mislabeled so many things, and only had mundane characteristics to compare them to, but even she could sense panic when it tore through her brain like a targeted virus. He was as welcome a sight as always, and yet she had not prepared anything for him. There were no Personas to register, no goal to discuss. She couldn’t just stand behind Igor and peer over his shoulder.

More to the point, it was difficult for her to tell any story without a place to start.

Regardless, Elizabeth moved to his bedside to hand him the box of candy, and simply folded her hands in front of her as she watched his face. He truly was...there, and not in a more permanent predicament.

“Four days,” was her matter-of-fact answer, which was punctuated with a bright smile and a nod. “Very curious, this Pandora. I wasn’t aware of its existence, nor can I determine its purpose, but...I think I like it.”

After all, it removed the need for her to unseal the boy, and without many stipulations outside of a shuffled setting. Considering she had left of her own volition, she didn’t care which new frontier she braved--this or the next.

“I’m glad you’re on the road to recovery, in any case,” she continued, tilting her head as she considered the circumstance. “Compared to your status when last I saw you, I’d say you look quite well.”

A beat.

“May I ask how you were damaged?”

Minato Arisato likes this.
  4. Minato Arisato

Minato Arisato Persona
    Persona Jesus

Wanderer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Four days, so she was very recent. There was a chance she hadn't even run into Margaret yet, or the Velvet Room. Hopefully that would be fixed soon, and the Children of Sapphire Truth wouldn't pick her up first... That would be a disaster and a half to explain to Margaret.
    The last time she saw him... He wondered quietly what they had seen, all of them. Aigis had made no mention and Sanada seemed deeply uncomfortable with the topic. Minato could only wonder at the image of the Seal itself...

Maybe..? No... His brow furrowed slightly, silent and uneasy.

"I almost fainted using Messiah." He answered her simply. "I was rather close to dying when I came into Pandora and using the Evoker is draining enough when you are physically well."

Elizabeth likes this.
  5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

Elizabeth listened to Minato’s explanation patiently, though her fingers gripped around each other tighter once his words sank in. It was difficult to justify the growing frustration she felt upon hearing his story, but the boy in general seemed to run against logic. In many ways, his dare to be different was refreshing, but…

One thing she had learned through her journey of discovery was that the will to live was a strong motivator. To actively work against that was puzzling, even irritating. She wanted him to be well, and that should have been something they shared in common.

“Have you considered not fainting?” she found herself asking earnestly, punctuating her inquiry with a soft sigh. “I would advise you to pace yourself. Your penchant for self-sacrifice, while noble, runs counter to the wishes of those close to you.”

6. Minato Arisato

Minato Arisato Persona
    Persona Jesus

Wanderer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Minato actually laughed, bright and fond and smiled at her, tucking hair out of his left eye, whick sparkled like a star. He would never tire of Elizabeth and her... Unique outlook on situations like this. Her bluntness was a breath of intensely fresh air.
    "Unfortunately, it's very hard to prevent oneself from fainting once it's in motion." He chuckled quietly. "I've already gotten this scolding from Sanada and my fiancé, don't worry... I'm fully aware of what my loved ones want, and I assure you I looked much worse a week ago, so I'm improving... I'll likely be out in another few days."

His eyes traveled over her, and a small frown crossed his face. "... Did you... Actually leave the Velvet Room after I died?"
    Margaret had implied as such, but he needed to hear it from her.

Elizabeth likes this.
  7. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

Elizabeth felt her lips press together tightly, as though there was in involuntary bodily reaction denying her speech, if only for a moment. Humans certainly had mastered speech in such a way that a great amount of information could be packed inside such brief commentary. Her mind started on the word “fiance,” but soon settled upon a burgeoning frustration from within. It was evident that the boy had understood the words, but failed to glean their meaning. He had been giving his scoldings either way, however, and a few more moments allowed the frustration to subside, replaced instead with a sense of relief, followed by a peculiar emotion that she couldn’t quite pinpoint upon hearing his question.

It was like nostalgia, except not. The opposite of that.

“I did, yes,” was her simple response, and despite herself, she found herself giving him a shallow bow. “As I’ve told you in the past, our interactions meant a great deal to me. If nothing else, they gave me cause to consider problems that simply didn’t exist within my own narrow view of reality.”

Elizabeth paused and almost stuttered, as though the words were muddied in her thoughts.

“I...don’t know why I left, or if there was a solution was even possible. I’m sure there are those who thought it was unimaginably foolish,” she continued, shaking her head. “I suppose I simply needed to do something.”

Minato Arisato likes this.
  8. Minato Arisato

Minato Arisato Persona
    Persona Jesus

Wanderer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    His gaze fell off her to the floor and he held the plush close to him with a quiet nod. Margaret had not deceived him -- which, in fairness, he had not even considered the idea of her doing so until now -- and Elizabeth had left the very Velvet Room itself following his death. He fought the wave of annoyance and apathy, he needed to feel this. He needed to feel the pain of his passing and get used to the gentle unsteadiness of it.

"What problem were you trying to solve, Elizabeth?" He asked, almost hesitantly, eyes returning to her. He leaned partway over to touch her clasped hands.

Elizabeth likes this.
  9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

To her surprise, a feeling of dread washed over Elizabeth, despite feeling utterly unprepared for the question. She had been told that Pandora paid no attention to the logics of space and time, but the sudden culmination of every question that she had asked herself during the past few months forced her to consider exactly what had happened, and what she had planned to do about it. Minato had no idea, and seeing as how he was alive (such as that condition was at that moment), she had no reason to believe he would.

She bit her lip for a moment, but continued. The boy seemed to understand part of what happened to him, which helped ease her particular burden. There was no point in lying to him--in fact, Elizabeth rarely found reason enough to lie in general.

“Death,” was her sharp response, the word coming out as though through great difficulty. “Yours was...unnatural; a sacrifice, the likes of which I mentioned earlier. You formed a Great Seal, essentially placing yourself between humanity and utter ruin. It was a fate I would not wish upon anybody, yet you knowingly took that upon yourself.”

Elizabeth unfolded her hands and gripped Minato’s outstretched one with her own--though unbeknownst to her, she had formed the other into a balled fist.

10. Minato Arisato

Minato Arisato Persona
    Persona Jesus

Wanderer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    He squeezed her hand very gently, eyes searching her with a quiet half interest half discomfort. People cared about him and his continued existence, something he grappled with daily in fighting the oppressive thought processes he'd subscribed to since he was a young child. A destiny beyond death, in Pandora. Everyone who knew him battled the Sealing in their own ways, struggling against Erebus from within. He fought back the rising pessimism and swallowed back the strange struggle in the back of his mind.

Unnatural... He felt a vague dread and worry. He knew those words but he felt as if there had to be more, something he wasn't told or something left behind... Elizabeth was clearly uncomfortable, and Sanada completely averse to this discussion in it's entirety.

"Did... Did it have a form?" He asked eventually, careful and soft. He had to know. "The Seal. What form did it take?"