By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Plus Two

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Will Graham, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Investigator of Dpt. of Intelligence
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    July 6th, Year 6 / 3:16 PM
    @Light Yagami

It had been a surprise, to say the least. Will never expected to be invited to a wedding, at least not anytime in his adulthood. He recalls going to one when he was still a teenager, when his dad had found a stable job for a good few months and one of his colleagues at the boat yard he worked had invited him and Will to his own wedding.

He hadn’t liked it back then—it’d been too crowded and too many emotions came and went like the wind. On how the bride was beautiful, on how much the expenses were for the cake, on how many children they would have. He always tried to find a neat corner to sit, alone, while his dad would prefer to stick to his drinks.

...But this was different. Now, he was in his dad’s shoes and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to accept or not. Granted, it was polite, but all the people there—he didn’t like going through tidal waves of people alone. He’d cringed at the mention of formal attire is required, but of course, it was a wedding. What did he expect?

And that’s how he ended up asking Abigail and Hannibal to come with him. They said yes and for that, he was grateful. More than they’ll know.

So, this was a courtesy call. To make sure that Light was sure that Will would come, but he’d bring two more people.

“Hello, Light. It’s Will...I got your invitation.” He cleared his throat before continuing. “Um, I guess congratulations are in order.”

#1 Will Graham, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. Light Yagami

Light Yagami Death Note

Murderous Idealistic Broken Romantic
    Race:
    Human
    Rebekah had taken it upon herself to make the wedding preparations', to Light's relief. All he had to do was find the perfect suit, be in the ceremony on time and thank the people who had been senting them their wishes. None of those things were particularly troublesome for him, so he had absolutely no reason to complain. Instead, he liked the whole thing more than he expected to. Marriage was more of a social obligation than a declaration of affection in his mind, but he knew he could handle those.

So when the phone rung in their apartment that afternoon, he guessed that the phone call was about the wedding. Rebekah was at work so he walked over and picked it up, only to hear Will's familiar voice. 'Thank you, Will. Will you be coming at the wedding?' Light asked. He could not imagine not inviting him due to their relationship, but if he couldn't come he wouldn't be holding it against him. He was a busy man and one that did not like crowds as well.

Will Graham likes this.
  3. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Sometimes, it was easy to just talk through a phone than in person. At least, then, you didn’t have people judging you for not making eye contact. You could also end the conversation more easily than you could in person. But this was mostly to tell his colleague about him attending the wedding with two more people—he’d received the invitation the last month but hadn’t managed to ask Abigail or Hannibal, due to them being busy with work and college.

“Uh, yes. I will. But I was also thinking of inviting two more people...would you and your fiancée be alright with that?”

Light Yagami likes this.
  4. Light Yagami

Light Yagami Death Note

Race:
    Human
    There was very brief pause after Will spoke, due to Light's sudden surprise. He was content that Will had decided to come, since he was probably the only person left in Pandora who knew Light for as long as he had, but he had been surprised to hear about not, one but two invitations. It was a pleasant surprise by all means, just unexpected. A faint smile formed in Light's face.

'Of course we are. You can bring as many as you like. Rebekah is very social and I'm glad to hear you have made more friends.' he said. He was being quite honest with him, as he knew that Will had been quite withdrawn and asocial, not only during work hours but after those too. Light would be the first to confirm that their work didn't encourage relationships with others, but not speaking to any human or other being was not healthy, even for Light's unconventional personal philosophy.

Will Graham likes this.
  5. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Will could just imagine Light’s surprise on him asking two bring two more people to the wedding. The investigator had that...reputation of being a loner and Light knew that first hand, ever since Will was here. Social gatherings weren’t his strong suit, but at least, he wouldn’t be that alone at the wedding.

“Thank you. And—yeah. They’re actually from my world...” They were technically friends. He was with Hannibal and Abigail...he saw like a daughter. All in all, he was glad they were in his life again.

“I should give you their names so they’re on the invite list...”

Light Yagami likes this.
  6. Light Yagami

Light Yagami Death Note

Race:
    Human
    'Oh, that's good. I'm happy to hear you found people you know.' Light said. For some, having people from their worlds made their stay in Pandora easier, though he had mixed feelings about it. But he couldn't say he hadn't been happy when Sayu had showed up, even for a little while.

'Yeah, tell me and I'll write them down.' came next as he picked a pen and paper to do just that. Rebekah had been handling the guest list along with many other things with most of the wedding's preparations so his responsibility was simply to pass the message along.

Will Graham likes this.
  7. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    “Thank you. I won’t take too much of your time—I need to walk the dogs,” he replied politely. While he wanted to tell Light about the whole wedding invitation, he did need to take the dogs out. Abbie barked, tail wagging furiously.

“The names are Abigail Hobbs and Hannibal Lecter.” A part of Will slightly wondered if Light had read any articles by the doctor, though that would be unlikely, unless the young man had been from Will’s world as well. It was possible...but he didn’t count on it.

Light Yagami likes this.
  8. Light Yagami

Light Yagami Death Note

Race:
    Human
    Oh, Light certainly remembered Will's dogs. They didn't particularly seemed to like him, but he had never been much of an animal person. He did not exactly hated them, he was just less interested in something with such a limited intelligence. But it was mostly for the emotional appeal that people liked animals, he had deduced.

Though he quickly forgot about them as Will spoke next. The first name did not make much of a difference to him, but the second certainly had an impact. 'Oh, um.. The second name is quite famous where I come from. Especially for those interested in crime novels.' Light said, carefully choosing his words. Maybe the man had been a fan of the character, which was interesting in itself, though Light did not want to potentially upset Will for rude questions.

Will Graham likes this.
  9. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Will slightly frowned at the response since he didn’t think that Dr. Lecter’s articles were read in Japan...or that someone that read crime novels would be interested. “He’s written several papers on psychology and has consulted the FBI. Though, I don’t see how this connects with someone interested in crime novels specifically.”

He suddenly recalled how Hannibal wanted to know the dress code for the event, so he quickly asked. “Oh, before I forget: what’s the dress code for the wedding? Is it..black tie, white tie, Sunday’s best? Or just formal wear?” He had no idea how they would even do their wedding—would it have Japanese influences or just a simple wedding?

Light Yagami likes this.
  10. Light Yagami

Light Yagami Death Note

Race:
    Human
    'It could be a coincidence or a.. parallel universe Hannibal Lecter.' Light remarked casually, though his expression indicated he was at the very least intrigued. He decided to do some research of his own, even if the results would be dubious at best, as was the case with things that led to the irrational ways Pandora worked. Still, though, it was worth it, if only to determine if Will's friend was dangerous.

He let out a laugh at Will's questions. 'Just formal.' he replied with a smile, hoping his reaction had made Will more at ease about the social conventions of the wedding. 'We are dealing with gruesome and weird crimes every week. You don't need to let a wedding stress you over.' he added in the same friendly tone.

Will Graham likes this.
  11. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    “Maybe...” he replied, though as to which part he was referring was anyone’s guess.

At the simple reply of it being ‘just formal’, Will was relieved to say the least. He hoped that response would satisfy Hannibal, since he’d been the one to suggest all those different terms of formal wear.

“I’ll take on a murder over a wedding any time—you know I’m not social,” he replied in a joking manner before he heard Abbie bark. “Thank you for clearing things up, Light but I have to go. I’ll see you at work.”

And with that, he ended the call and took the dogs for their walk.

The End