HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Answered Powers & Abilities

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Bunny, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Bunny

Bunny Because, the plot demands it!

Filler For Life
    Race:
    INFJ
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil

I have a couple of questions actually. I'm sorry to bother anybody with them, but I'm not exactly sure what to do. While, putting some of the finishing touches on my application, I was beginning to wonder if the character (Stephen Strange) would have to be capped or not. There are two parts in the application template that have me at an impasse.

First, there's this bit here: No abilities can interact with dimensions beyond Pandora. One of Stephen's spells conjures what is called, the Mirror Dimension. Though, technically, the Mirror Dimension is another plane of existence parallel to the real world. It simply expands across the real world and has its own laws of physics. My question is, would he be allowed to conjure the Mirror Dimension in Pandora?

My second question is, if he would be able to use a relic called the Eye of Agamotto, which can control the flow of time? I know the application template indicates that time travel is possible in Pandora. But, that ability and the ability to control the flow of time are two completely different things, so I'm unsure how to proceed. I already intend on capping it's powers, if the Eye is acceptable. But, I wanted to make sure, in case it was improbable or too powerful to include.

I hope my questions aren't too confusing. Magic is kind of a vague concept on its own and I don't want to write the skills section without covering all my bases.

2. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

Hi Bunny! To answer your first question, yep, you can have him create the Mirror Dimension in Pandora. We don't let people connect to dimensions that exist outside of Pandora, but we do let them get recreated inside of Pandora.

For question #2, Time Manipulation is fine in Pandora. I can't answer as to whether or not he will need to be be nerfed or how much. That will be up for the app division to decide once they read your powers writeup. But he can definitely use the powers of the Eye in Pandora. As long as his abilities don't let him influence anything outside of the current season, it's fine to include that sort of power.

Bunny likes this.
  3. Bunny

Bunny Because, the plot demands it!

Filler For Life
    Race:
    INFJ
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil

Thank you, so much, Rani! This clears everything up for me.