HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. SUMMER LOCATION: SWALLOW FALLS
    A new island has appeared off the coast of Cascade Bay! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SUMMER EVENT: THE DREAM MACHINE
    Master lucid dreaming today! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Answered Question regarding animated characters

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Irene Adler, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Hello!

I have a question about animated characters. When they interact with non animated characters, is it a Who Framed Roger Rabbit type situation where it's recognized that they are animated or do they see the animated character as real?

Also, same question but reversed. Do animated characters wig out when they see this odd looking non animated world and people?

2. Librus

Librus Moderator
    Community Relations Division

I always imagined it was everyone look real in their own prospective. Like, for a normal person, a cartoon will look like a normal person. If a cartoon looks at a normal person they would see a cartoon. This is just what I think though. I could be wrong but this makes the most sense to me.

3. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

Librus is correct! No matter what medium your character is from, Pandora and the characters here all look normal and not like a Roger Rabbit world. Whether our writers imagine everyone as real or in a more artsy/animated style is up to them.

Personally, the way I visualize scenes changes depending on the character I'm playing. If I'm writing an anime character, Pandora looks like an anime. If I'm writing a live action character, the scene is more realistic in style in my head.

Zireael and Irene Adler like this.
  4. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Perfect explanations. Thanks for clearing that up.