By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Answered Quick question!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Salty Archmage, May 27, 2018.

1. Salty Archmage

Salty Archmage The Saltiest of Salty.

Captioning Agent
    Hi guys!

So I'm in the process of getting Lucio apped, and I realized I have a major headcanon that I need to clear with you or alter his history a bit. SO. In game we have no word on whether he's got prosthetic legs or not as far as I can tell, and his normal skin - they look prosthetic to me. It could very well be a stylization thing [looking at some of the others] but...

We have had some interviews where he wasn't mentioned as someone with a prosthetic, and a tweet where it was stated he has legs - but is that enough to go on for actual canon stuff, or would I be able to run with the headcanon since there's nothing in the actual comics or game itself that I can find one way or the other [unless I've missed it somewhere]?

Just wanting to clarify that before I get him posted up. Thanks for your time!

Steel likes this.
  2. Steel

Steel as horizons end, ever to descend
    Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Hey, there!

Considering the tweet coming from the official Overwatch twitter, and there being official artwork that depicts Lucio with his lower legs intact, it sounds like he doesn't have prosthetics. That doesn't mean you can't use headcanons to fill in any other gaps there are in his story, just that the particular headcanon seems to contradict canon at the present time, and it's best to stay as close to canon as possible.

Of course, if Blizzard ever releases information that says otherwise, you can definitely re-app Lucio to reflect that! Overwatch's lore is unfortunately so fluid that headcanons will inevitably be contradicted when new canon comes out. All we can really do is try to work with what we have and expand on that as best we can.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask!

3. Salty Archmage

Salty Archmage The Saltiest of Salty.

Captioning Agent
    Thanks for the quick response! I'm not sure how I managed to miss that bit of artwork, haha. I knew about the tweet but wasn't sure so I figured I'd clarify with you first.

Gotta love fluid canon that throws wrenches in your headcanons as new stuff is revealed.

Steel likes this.