HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Rather Be A Cyborg

Discussion in 'Residences' started by Amy Wellard, Jul 12, 2018 at 5:04 PM.

1. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    June 30th
    @Genji Shimada

Almost a week had passed since Amy started training with Jess, and it was fine. She wouldn't pretend that it wasn't still odd and uncomfortable, but that was why she was getting the lessons in the first place. At least she was starting to learn a little bit what she was doing.

Being in Pandora Town was probably not going to be something that she'd grow to like. There were almost certainly always going to be too many people being way too alive. It was hard to go from a bombed-out hellhole where everyone eyed each other with distrust to a well-populated city where everyone seemed to let their guard down. It made her feel more jumpy than everyone else being just as tense.

That wasn't important, though. She had to focus on her electrokinesis, not letting herself be distracted by concerns. The electricity seemed to only want to work when she was in the right mood, and tense and uncomfortable wasn't it. Denby was a big help in that regard.

When that thought occurred, she glanced down at Denby, just for a reminder that he was still there for her. Unfortunately, he wasn't, and she frantically looked around, only to spot him a few doors down from Jess's place. He was poking at a potted plant that was there to liven up the hallway, probably. It was sitting on a pretty tall stand that was tipping more precariously the more he nosed at it.

Immediately, Amy sprinted over and grabbed the pot before it could hit the ground. With a surprising amount of grace, she managed to twist herself enough that it was kept level as she fell right over on top of Denby with an uncomfortably loud thump. He let out a surprised and annoyed squawk, she groaned, and the stand still also plummeted to the floor with a crack.

They were in a pile, right in front of someone's door. Just to really make it all excruciating for her.

Genji Shimada likes this.
  2. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch
    To know yourself is to be at peace.

Bodyguard/Ramen Shop Owner
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Life was carrying on, Genji still had his jobs to do and a life to live, even if the outcome he had hoped for didn't happen in his conversation with Angela, he was at least glad he had gotten things out of his chest and at least he wouldn't have to deal with that weight anymore.

For the time being, Genji was just biding his time as he wasn't actually going to the ramen shop that day, so he was mostly staying indoors and getting some domestic work done while Hanzo was out. Not the kind of thing you'd expect someone like him to be doing, but even someone like him liked some level of organization in his home.

Then there were suddenly a bunch of weird noises coming from right outside his door. It didn't sound like anything violent was going on, but there was definitely something happening. Out of curiosity, Genji opened the door of his apartment and peered outside.

The sight was unexpected. It had been a long time since Genji had last seen Amy and, since she lived in Horizon, he had assumed it would be hard for them to run into each other again, more so right at his doorstep and even more so in that state.

"... Amy? Denby?" He asked, looking at the scene ahead of him and beginning to connect the dots of what had happened.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  3. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    And of course, the person who lived in the apartment heard the commotion and came to see what was happening, because things couldn't get more embarrassing. Amy wasn't even sure why she was surprised.

Frustrated, she blew a strand of hair out of her face as the door was opening, immediately starting to apologize. "Yes, hi, sorry about the noise. I'll just. Nothing's broken, I don't think. This isn't. The pot, I mean." It took a bit of shifting around to even put the pot back on the ground right-side-up without crushing Denby anymore, who was rumbling in annoyance.

She continually chanted at herself to stop rambling, but the words didn't seem to slow down until she really focused on what was happening around her. For one thing, the person at the door was a robot. That wasn't too surprising, given her experience in Pandora, and Pandora's natural Pandora-ness, but it still managed to slow down her rambling.

What managed to stop her entirely was the realization that the robot identified her. She was pretty sure she'd remember meeting a robot. While most people would be concerned, Amy's mind immediately jumped to the paranoia that her world trained her to have. She began to hunch in on herself, defensively, and asked, "how do you know our names? Who are you?" with no lack of suspicion.

4. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Right, Amy was one of the people Genji had only met back when he had his body restored. From the way she reacted so defensively by him recognizing her, it was clear that there was no way for her to realize who she was talking to, as the only means of recognition would be his voice and even that was different.

"It's me, Genji. You know, from that cruise?"
    He calmly explained himself, seeing how it had been such a long time since they had last seen each other. "What are you doing all the way here? I thought you lived in Horizon."

Amy Wellard likes this.
  5. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    There was a pause as Amy stared blankly at... Genji, apparently. She had a lot of questions that needed answers, and didn't really know where to start. The most obvious-- what the hell happened-- seemed stuck in her throat as she stared blankly at him. It wasn't until Denby got impatient and pushed her off of him that she managed to pull herself together.

"Genji?" she asked as she slowly pulled herself up off of the ground, "you... what?" There were a lot of pieces missing in the puzzle that was growing in her mind, and that meant she was stuck spinning her wheels for a bit. It didn't help that she was reliving the embarrassment that was that cruise. While she really enjoyed talking and spending time with Genji, the circumstances were less than ideal.

Fortunately, she had someone to remind her to pay closer attention. Denby grunted and roughly shoved one of her legs with his head, which managed to jump-start her a little bit. "I- right. Yeah, I live in Horizon. Just... some stuff happened, during spring. It's a long story, but I'm getting lessons from someone who lives in this building. Which... I guess makes her your neighbor. And, you'd already know that, so why did I even..."

6. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The reaction Amy had to the reveal was to be expected. It was a very dramatic shift in appearance even for over four months between their meetings. The look on her face made it obvious that she wanted to know more about what was going on, or what happened to leave him in such a state, but that got overshadowed by his own question. She was taking lessons from one of his neighbors, apparently, which was a pretty incredible coincidence, all things considered.

"What kind of lessons are we talking about that you would go all the way from Horizon to here just for them?" Genji inquired further, he didn't want to pressure her about the long story she had to tell, but he figured the contents of the lessons shouldn't be too much of painful topic to touch.

Of course, he also had some explanations to give himself. Going into too much detail would take a long time and probably raise even more questions, so it was better to just give her the summary of what happened to him.

"As for myself. I am a cyborg, but during the time we first met on that cruise, something had happened that restored my body back to normal. The effect wore off in spring though, not that I really mind it."
    He explained as he began leaning against the doorframe.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  7. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    At first, Amy hesitated. The electrokinesis was still odd, and uncomfortable, and connected to some bad memories. Explaining being tortured in a hallway didn't sound like a good idea to her, but maybe just part of the story. After all, she'd never control her powers if she kept dancing around them in fear. It was part of her, and she had to accept that, before anyone got hurt.

Taking a deep breath, she held up one of her hands, letting electricity spark between her fingers like a Tesla coil. "How to control this. Like I said, long story, but basically, now I have these powers, and if I want to keep from hurting anyone by accident, I need to learn how to keep them in check." She absolutely did not want to zap some kid who happened to bump into her. It was pretty much her worst nightmare.

Well, one of the worst.

If she thought her own explanation was strange, she wasn't prepared at all for Genji's. "So this is how you normally look," she summed up, "huh. Interesting." It really wasn't too surprising once she thought about it. Hell, she had a sort-of cyborg sitting at her feet, so a human one wasn't out of the ordinary for her. Really, her first thoughts went to how that would all work. The machinery would have to be pretty well-made. Just looking after Denby showed how complicated it would have to be, and he wasn't even a human.

8. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji's eyes widened upon watching the small display of Amy's newfound powers, not that she would be able to notice. He only grew more curious about how something like that could have happened, but he tried not to pry.

"I see... I had no idea I had someone with that kind of power as a neighbor." Genji briefly glanced at the doors to the other apartments before looking back at Amy.

She was surprised by finding how he actually looked, but it was a very subdued kind of surprise that was also a little curious.

"Yeah, this is the real me, so to say. Sorry that I am not as handsome as I used to be." He spoke mostly in jest, although it wasn't really all that different from his actual feelings on the matter.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  9. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    It was nice to hear someone not freak out about her powers. Not that anyone had, but something about how Genji seemed to just take it in stride was comforting. Even after over a month of having these abilities, she sometimes startled herself with a sudden display of electricity.

"Really? I guess she's got enough control over her powers to not blow fuses or anything. I can't tell you how many projects I had almost ruined my first week with this." Denby had refused to get too close to her until she stopped making things explode.

While Amy wasn't exactly the best at social interactions, and she didn't have any expressions to go off of, the way he phrased his next thoughts seemed wrong to her. Just something sounded like he wasn't as happy as he wanted to appear.

"What do you mean? You're still attractive." It took a second for the words to catch up with Amy's head, and then her cheeks flared up immediately and she started rambling in the vain hopes of not looking any weirder.

"I didn't mean... not, not like that, or anything. Not that no one would, don't... it's just, you know, I'm a mechanic, so I'm more interested in the machinery ohGodthatmakesmesoundlikeIwanttotakeyouapart. You're. Um. You look... fine. Yeah. Fine." With that, Amy buried her face in her hands, wishing to be grabbed by more vines to take her to another world that would just get her away from all of her problems.

10. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji couldn't think of any particular incidents with the power going out in the building at least. If there was something, he might have been out at the time. Still, having been in Pandora for so long meant that Genji had grow used to the idea of superpowered people being around, so it wasn't that big of surprise that someone like that was living close to him this entire time.

However, the conversation took a sudden turn as Amy took his little joke and proceed to try to make him feel better about it, only to find herself tripping on her own words and then only digging herself deeper and deeper with each word. Genji could only watch as her face turned red and she tried to hide it by covering her hands. Although he appreciated the sentiment, he couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the whole thing, quite heartedly as well.

"I understand, don't worry" He spoke, letting out a few more chuckles before stopping. "Thank you, Amy." He expressed his gratitude and although his expression was unreadable, his words were very much sincere.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  11. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I'm glad someone got something out of this conversation," Amy replied, her voice muffled by her hands. Growing up without being able to interact with anyone other than family and family friends, getting close to strangers was pretty difficult. Especially guys who were nice and good looking and Amy didn't know how to talk.

Denby, who was spared the embarrassment of being human, glanced between the two with his usual unreadable expression. Whatever he saw, it made him decide to start nudging Amy's legs again. When she didn't stop facepalming, he only became more insistent, until he reared back slightly and full-on pushed her.

Startled, Amy let out a slight cry as she started falling right into Genji. She still had her good reflexes, so she managed to catch herself with her other foot before she could get close to actually landing on him. "Uh, hi," she muttered when she made it past the surprise.

12. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji felt a little bad for contributing to Amy's embarrassment, but he really couldn't help himself with how absurd everything was. He wasn't sure if he should apologize for it or not, as one way or another could lead to making the whole situation even more awkward than it already was.

Then, suddenly Denby pushed Amy right towards Genji, who was ready to catch her if she fell, but she managed to recover her balance before that happened. Genji looked down at the owlbear, wondering what had prompted him to do that.

"Looks like you have made him upset. Maybe he is mad about you falling on top of him earlier."
    He suggested, sounded a little amused with the owlbear's wrath.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  13. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Denby stared back up at Genji, still without exposing any of what he was really thinking, except for a surprisingly judgmental, "pweh." Amy scurried to stand less awkwardly, since otherwise she would've been talking a little too closely for comfort. It was hard to go from deadly disease outbreak to normal-ish without some instincts following.

Speaking of instincts, once she was done getting back on her feet, she glared down at Denby. "He better not be," she said, aiming to let Denby know how displeased she was, "he was the one messing with that plant. If he didn't want to make a mess, he should've learned from the last time he went nosing at pots."