By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private rather be the hunter than the prey

Discussion in 'Crystal Vales' started by Sabrina Spellman, May 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sabrina Spellman

Sabrina Spellman The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Marriage? Sabrina raised her eyebrows incredulously, a laughing smile upon her lips. She supposed it probably made sense for the world he came from; probably something to do with marriage alliances. She, of course, was still years off from considering any real thoughts of getting married, though she couldn’t help remembering how natural the idea had felt when the demon Batibat had created that dream for her. A dream in which Harvey proposed, the ceremony was arranged…even her father was there to walk her down the aisle. How quickly it had all turned into a nightmare, but it hadn’t been real. The real Harvey would never hurt her…though, she supposed she couldn’t know how he might behave anymore. The way he’d looked at her the last time she saw him was enough to break her heart all over again.

She shook away these thoughts, focusing so she could hear Jaime’s story. Sitting up straight in her chair, she reached out for the wine glass that had been set down in front of her. She’d had wine before, though per her aunt Hilda’s rules, it was never very much. Much as she enjoyed having the freedom to do as she pleased now, she couldn’t help but feel a slight pang of sadness over how long it had been since she’d seen either of her aunts now. Taking a drink of the wine, she lifted her eyes to Jaime as he began to speak.

Almost immediately, Sabrina had questions. Jaime’s sister was a queen? Did that make him royalty, too? He hadn’t given any prior indication that that might be the case, but she had to wonder about it now. She refrained from interrupting him, however, wearing a slight frown as he described the situation he and his sister had been enduring. A war that wasn’t going in their favor, and then an attempt to at least escape with their lives. It was a doomed attempt, and though Jaime did not explicitly say so, Sabrina could read between the lines enough to understand that his sister must have died. The vines had saved him, but not her, and he’d had to live with that.

“I’m so sorry, Jaime. I can’t imagine how horrifying that must have been.” On its own, adjusting to a new world was challenging enough. Having to do so while also grieving a terrible loss must have been a nightmare. She hesitated, wondering if she should say the thing that was on her mind before deciding to go ahead with it. “I don’t know if you know this, but it is possible to see people again here in Pandora. My cousin, for example…we found out that the vines took him from an earlier time than they took me. Months earlier. I don’t know how it works, all I know is that anyone can turn up. You could see your sister again.”

Jaime Lannister likes this.
  2. Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister A Song of Ice and Fire

Bodyguard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

By now, Jaime had downed his entire goblet and asked the server for one more. He didn't want to act like a drunken fool in front of Sabrina, but the recent memory of his final moments with Cersei was hitting him hard as he recounted his story to the teenage girl. "Thank you," He uttered while doing his best to hide the pain. Sabrina gave her condolences before offering Jaime a sliver of hope. Merlin had told him likewise how the laws of Pandora allowed for even the dead to return in some form.

"Yes, the wizard that healed me when I arrived told me the same. I appreciate the sentiment Sabrina, but until I see her with my own eyes I don't want to get my hopes up." His tone sounded almost defeated, as if it was foregone conclusion that Cersei was gone and he'd never see her again. Merlin had also told him how Pandora had a tendency to bring people back and then without warning, take them away. Jaime wasn't so sure if seeing Cersei again only to wake up one day to find her gone would be ideal. He would rather move on with his new life here than hopelessly cling to the past.

"I am curious though, why did the vines take me instead of her? Or anybody else for that matter. What's so special about me...or you?" He tried shifting the conversation more towards the vines that Sabrina brought up rather than dwell on his memories of his sister. It was a valid question though, as it had been something that he was still figuring out. Seeing as his companion had been here longer, perhaps she could provide some much-needed clarity.

Sabrina Spellman likes this.
  3. Sabrina Spellman

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

It was plain to see that the subject was difficult for Jaime. He’d already gone through one glass of wine and was starting on another, likely to help numb the pain. With a troubled frown, Sabrina took a long drink from her own glass and considered what to say. He hadn’t seemed the least bit cheered by the idea that there was a chance of seeing his sister again; she supposed that it was painful just to get his hopes up about it. She thought she could understand that.

“No one knows why the vines take some people and not others,” she said softly. She took another sip of her drink while she considered all that she’d been told on the subject, and what she’d learned on her own in her time trapped there. There wasn’t much to go on, all theory and loose beliefs, but she could at least share what she knew. “They say there’s a pantheon of gods and that we’re all at their whim. They choose who to bring here, and they choose how long we stay, and the reasons behind it all are meant to be mysterious. I guess I can buy that. Someone has to be responsible.”

Still, she didn’t like it. It all seemed so random, and if Pandora had existed for as long as she’d been led to believe…well, surely someone would have tracked down these so-called gods by now. “But why us?” She shrugged. “I think about that a lot, too. I’m not special, not really.” It was true, however, that she had been singled out quite a bit of late. The Dark Lord had gone to an insane amount of trouble to acquire her soul, an effort he had never put in for any other witch or warlock. The unknown reasoning behind that still troubled her too, and she doubted she would ever get a satisfying answer for it.

With a sigh, she took another drink, looking sympathetically back across the table at Jaime. “Your guess is as good as mine. All we can do is the make the most of the time we’re here. We can make our own reason for it.”

4. Jaime Lannister

Bodyguard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"Gods," Jaime scoffed and took another sip of wine before setting down his goblet. "Of course there's gods involved. How else can you explain all this madness?" He wasn't particularly fond of the part where the gods of this place ultimately decided who stayed here for however long they deemed appropriate. Not being in control of his fate here didn't sit well with him. What happened when he finally wore out his welcome and the pantheon sent him back to Westeros? Would he return to the smoldering ruins of King's Landing, clutching his sister's limp body in his arms?

He didn't want to delve into a depressing conversation with Sabrina but luckily she seemed relatively optimistic about her outlook. She did arrive her before he did so had more time to adjust to her new reality. She probably felt the same way when she first arrived. "You do make a fair point, Sabrina. I shouldn't obsess over things beyond our control. Anyone ever tell you that you're wise beyond your years?" He smiled, a brief glimmer of sorrow and regret in his eyes. She would've gotten along with Myrcella and Tommen.

He looked towards the barmaid that had gotten them their drinks earlier. All the fighting earlier made him hungry and he needed something in his belly to soak all the wine he had just consumed. "Excuse me, do you happen to have anything to eat?" The barmaid nodded, though there was some disappointment in her. "We haven't opened the kitchen yet, but we do have some rabbit stew and bread leftover from the afternoon. Is that alright with you, sir?"

"Stew will be fine," He then turned back to Sabrina. "Anything for you?"

5. Sabrina Spellman

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Sabrina smiled sympathetically. She understood his tone; she knew more than she cared to about meddlesome ‘gods.’ “No one’s ever seen them as far as I know. But it’s the only answer we have.” And that had been difficult for her, for a while. When she first arrived in Pandora, she needed answers, an explanation of some kind, and actual proof of what was going on. She received none of that, and probably never would. She’d instead had to come to peace with never knowing for sure – though it still bothered her from time to time.

The idea that she might be wise beyond her years was something she’d like to latch onto, but she had to shake her head, laughing a little. “Not very often. In fact, my aunts would probably argue very strongly against that. I caused nothing but trouble for them before I left.” There was something about the way he’d said it, as though the thought made him feel almost sad. She could only guess that he was thinking of something else. Of someone else, perhaps. She was curious, but she had already asked a few painful questions and decided it might be better to talk about something else.

Jaime flagged down the barmaid to order some food. Now that Sabrina stopped to think about it, it had been a few hours since she’d eaten anything, so she nodded and said, “Some stew would be nice. Thanks.” She lifted her glass to take another drink, waiting for the barmaid to step away again before she asked, “So…if your sister is a queen, does that make you royalty, too? I’m sorry if it’s obvious; I’m not sure how any of it works.”

6. Jaime Lannister

Bodyguard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

It seemed Jaime couldn't find a definitive answer behind the machinations of Pandora's gods. If they truly had the power to weave the fates of all who resided within their constructed world, he couldn't even imagine how powerful they were compared to the Seven. It all seemed overwhelming and too much to completely wrap his head around, only causing him to drink himself into a stupor. Even though the Golden Lion had lost much of his luster through the years, even he wouldn't stoop to the level of a common drunkard.

His cat-green eyes were filled with mirth once more as Sabrina mentioned how difficult she made her aunts' lives. He laughed along with her. "My brother was the same way and he's one of the wisest people I know." Of course, Tyrion had caused a different sort of trouble for his family. His father and even Cersei had treated him as nothing more than an abomination and yet he still lived through all their prejudice. Even outlived them in the end.

Naturally, the conversation shifted back to Jaime as he could tell from Sabrina's eager expression that she wanted to learn more about him and his world. He could tell she was careful skirting around particularly sensitive topics and he appreciated the thoughtfulness. By this point the barmaid arrived with two bowls of hot rabbit stew with bread to dip, placing them on the table. Jaime reached into his pockets and dropped a collection of copper coins on the table, which the barmaid scrapped up without second thought.

Jaime tore off a chunk of bread, dipping it into the stew as he pondered Sabrina's last question. "I suppose that does make me a prince. But I've always been royalty." He took a bite out of the bread, thinking of how best to explain Westerosi royalty and politics to a complete stranger. "My family, House Lannister, is one of the nine Great Houses from my world. And out of all the Great Houses, House Lannister was by far the wealthiest." He said it almost bitterly, as if that very wealth was more a curse than a blessing. It had gotten him out of sticky situations before, but it had also cost him his own hand. "There's a common saying regarding my family. A Lannister always pays his debts."

7. Sabrina Spellman

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

“Then maybe there’s hope for me yet,” she smirked. Of course, Sabrina had a slightly higher opinion of herself than her aunts might at times; she really had made her family member’s lives difficult lately. Always with good intentions, always with good reason, but it blew up in her face more than once in quick succession. Still…’wise’ was a nice trait to hang onto.

“So you have two siblings? I always wanted brothers and sisters; unfortunately, I’m an only child. I was raised with my cousin, but he was already in his eighties by the time I was born.” There was a slight twinkle in her eye as she mentioned this. She knew it was odd by mortal standards to have such an age discrepancy in a family, and it would be even stranger for him if he saw Ambrose himself, who appeared to be not much more than twenty. She went on, “Not quite playmate material. He’s always been like a brother, though. Good with advice.”

The barmaid soon came back by to deliver their food. Hot stew was placed in front of Sabrina and she reached for some bread to dip into it, looking up in surprise when Jaime confirmed that he was indeed royalty, and always had been. She wasn’t sure what answer she’d expected, but she supposed she just hadn’t fully considered the idea until now. A knight and a prince? It all felt so very fairytale, but the way Jaime spoke about it was anything but. He sounded…bitter, almost angry. “You don’t sound happy about any of it. Royalty exists in my world, and it’s always made out to be so…glamourous. You’re not proud of where you came from?”

8. Jaime Lannister

Bodyguard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"Aye, you still have much to live for." Jaime smiled back at the teenager. He didn't think he enjoyed her company this much. Her youthful energy was a nice change of pace from all the pessimism back in Westeros. To be fair, the Seven Kingdoms had been ravaged by countless wars in a short span of time and was on the verge of being wiped out by a nigh endless army of the dead. Pandora, by comparison, felt like almost a dream to him. He couldn't recall the last time he sat down and had an idle conversation without a worry in the world.

Jaime gave Sabrina a quizzical look as she mentioned growing up with her cousin, who was in his eighties, before realizing that she was a witch. Of course, magic. He could tell, as she spoke about him, how much her cousin meant to her. Almost like a brother in some respects. Jaime loved both his siblings equally as well, though for different reasons. It was a shame that Cersei, like their father, had always despised Tyrion for what he was. He imagined their family would've been in a better situation had the three of them put aside their petty differences and worked together. It would've also made his father proud to an extent, or perhaps not. His father always blamed his brother for killing his mother. "Is your cousin in Pandora as well?"

Jaime took another bite out of his stew-dipped bread. Sabrina was quite the observant one. Indeed, he wasn't too happy with his standing even though he realized countless others would kill to be in his position. But being nobility in Westeros came with its own burdens and dangers. It wasn't the glamorous life that Sabrina had envisioned. Far from it sometimes. "I am proud of my family and everything they gave me. But being royalty in Westeros is dangerous, especially when your house is as powerful and wealthy as mine. When you're at the top, you tend to have a lot of enemies."

9. Sabrina Spellman

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Sabrina could see that Jaime had picked up on the strangeness of what she’d said. He also seemed to understand that it was all down to magic. Witches were very long-lived, and that was something Sabrina had long since accepted as normal, even if she herself hadn’t experienced it yet. For mortals, however, it was very bizarre indeed to live that long without showing one’s age. “He is, actually. He came here before I did. We just so happened to live close to each other, so I can still see him often. It’s been great; I’d never been away from my family at all before coming here, so it was comforting to find him, you know?”

Jaime’s talk of royal life was a bit difficult for her to comprehend. She knew she had to keep in mind how differently he must have lived back in his world, and her mind kept trying to go back to the semi-familiar concepts of fantasy and fairytales. But his world seemed more dangerous than any of the traditional stories she’d heard before. Taking another bite out of her bread, she considered his words before saying, “I suppose I hadn’t considered that aspect. If it’s as dangerous as you say, you really could have benefited from having a witch on your side.”

This, of course, was another fantasy idea. Court wizards and the like. But from what he’d said about magic in his world, she guessed that the idea might not be far-fetched. At least, it seemed less far-fetched than it might have been in her world, where any mixing of witches and mortal-kind were very heavily discouraged. “Though…depending on the danger, I’m not sure how helpful that would be. What you’re talking about sounds political.”

10. Jaime Lannister

Bodyguard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Jaime found some solace in knowing that Sabrina still had family in Pandora. She was certainly capable of defending herself, but living alone in a strange new world without any support system could be challenging for anybody. Jaime was having some difficulty grasping with that reality, though much of his struggles came from trying to understand magic and other completely foreign concepts to him. "At least you'll have somebody who'll watch over you in case you're off causing any more trouble." He chuckled as he took a sip of wine from his goblet. "After all, that's what family's for."

Sabrina was quick to pick up on the fact that much of the danger Jaime experienced back in Westeros was of a political nature. Besides the occasional dragon or invading undead army, Westeros was a land beset by plots and schemes as much as it was by wars. In fact, it was due to all this manipulation that ultimately led to conflict breaking out and scourging the land. Jaime was just as much a player in all of this as everybody else and it wasn't something he was particularly proud of. As Sabrina mentioned having a witch on his side, he vaguely recalled Stannis Baratheon having a red-haired witch from the east enlisted in his service. And yet that didn't help him win the war.

"As much as I would be honored having you stand by my side Sabrina, where I'm from people don't use magic to fight their battles. They use words, poisons, the occasional hidden blade. It's a dangerous political game they play and they all plot, scheme and backstab each other for one thing only." He took another bite out of his meal after he bitterly spoke those words. As much as he hated bursting Sabrina's bubble, this wasn't the same fantasy world that her family probably told her stories about when she was younger. "Power. You either win this game...or you die."

11. Sabrina Spellman

Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

“Yes, Ambrose and I always look out for each other. I’ve seen less of him lately, though…he never used to get out much, so he’s enjoying doing that here.” Sabrina didn’t want to elaborate on that much further as it really wasn’t her place to do so. The truth was, her cousin had been living under house arrest for over seventy years before his arrival into Pandora had freed him. If he wanted to share that information with the people here, he was of course free to do so, but Sabrina wasn’t going to do anything to jeopardize his fresh start. She finished off what was left of her drink, wondering again about Jaimie’s situation, before asking, “Do you have anyone looking out for you here? I know you don’t have your family, but that doesn’t mean you should have to deal with this place alone.”

The more Sabrina heard about Jaime’s world, the less she liked it. It sounded very cutthroat and unforgiving. She supposed that if she examined it closely enough, that the same could be said about her world, but the stakes seemed much higher in his. She pressed her lips together thoughtfully and shook her head. “I guess Pandora really would be a breath of fresh air after all of that. It isn’t perfect, but most of the time it’s relatively peaceful.”

She wouldn’t ask if the struggle for power was worth the cost. Evidently, it had very nearly ended in his death, and if she had to guess she’d assume he was weighing all of that out now that he had some distance from it. She didn’t want to pry, and her thoughts had already begun to turn to the poisonous influence power had had in her own life. “It doesn’t matter what world you’re in, though; power is always alluring. I suspect it’s what got my parents killed, years ago. My father wasn’t royalty or anything like that, but he was High Priest, and when he died in a so-called accident, his rival immediately took the title. I’ve never trusted the official story.”