HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Bug Found reservation hiccups

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Fate, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Fate

Fate Player

Versions
    Yosamite X
    Google Chrome V61.0.3

Bug Description
    I was trying to reserve Macen in the reservation board and when I first hit the "Reserve" button, the page refreshed, but it didn't post my reserve. When I tried entering my reservation again, the page refreshed and my reserve was there, but the page also displayed the "You have an Expired Reserve -- Extend?" box, but ALSO the little dot for my reserve on the list was still green, so it wasn't counting it as a second reserve. I'm really not sure what happened or anything but everything seems to be working okay?? idk

Severity
    It Is A Mystery (it seems trivial but idk it also briefly prevented me from even reserving a character so it Might potentially be a bigger issue)

Steps to Reproduce
    IDK IM AFRIAD TO TRY AND REPRODUCE IT because its telling me I can extend my reserve but idk what that would do when i Just reserved him?? and im hesitant to try posting another reserve to see what happens in fear of like accidentally getting barred from reserving characters or something??

2. Fate

Fate Player

heyyyyyyy so followup:

i tried to extend my reservation for macen today bc im unable to work on his app more just yet and the page refreshed but like last time it made no changes to my reservation, it still says Nov 16 and the dot is still green. except now im locked out of extending my reservation. it tells me i have to wait to extend it again, but there hasnt been any first extension at all and my claim runs out today annd idk what to do

3. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

Hi there! So I took a look and the reservation looks fine. It says you're on your 2nd reservation, and that it expires on November 23. Had you tried refreshing the page originally when you reported this bug yesterday? Upon refreshing the page, did it still show you the wrong reservation information?

I just tested a reservation extension on Chrome and the page does refresh successfully.

4. Fate

Fate Player

okay well thats super weird its working fine for me too now. i did try refreshing the page both times, before my original post when i first put up the reserve and also when i tried to extend it, but each time it didnt show the claim and didnt show it being extended. could it just be taking an unusually long time to process requests from my computer?? bc both times it like. didnt show any changes until a p long pause (except the first time, when after it finally showed my reserve going up, it also showed that id previously reserved macen even tho i hadnt)

honestly at this point my money is on me just being under some dark curse