HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Riot's Organizer

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Riot, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Riot

Riot Player

Riot’s Organizer

I’m not actually all that riotous.

About MeHowdy! I’m Riot, a software tester from California. My nerdy interests lie firmly in the spheres of video games and anime—mostly ones with themes of action, adventure, friendship, and classic forces of good versus forces of evil, which you’ll see in my writing—with a fantasy or supernatural slant, or just anything involving some kind of magic or superpowers to spice up the mundane. I’m pretty shy and try not to make a nuisance of myself, so if you ever think I’m being distant, it’s nothing against you! Do let me know if you'd like me to be more vocal about whatever plots we have going on.

If you’re in the Pandora Discord server, you may notice that I’m playing Final Fantasy XIV pretty much all the time. It’s my favorite game ever and I would love to ramble about it to you. Or with you, if you also play! (Did you know there’s a FFXIV chat channel in Discord, too? You should join!) Anyway, I bring this up because I consider RP a secondary hobby to video games. If you notice that my activity around here has suddenly dropped, then FFXIV probably released a patch or expansion recently and I’m just busy enjoying the heck out of it…

Writing RepliesMy posts tend to run around 200-400 words, sometimes more if I’m driving the story in addition to playing my character. I don’t believe in post length matching, though. My wish is for my RP partners to write however much they feel they need to, and I’ll do the same. If you feel like you didn’t get enough out of my post for your character to respond to, let me know and I can add some things.

I aim to get a reply up within a week at most, though if real life is kicking me in the teeth, I may fall behind. I’ll communicate out if that happens. If it’s been more than two weeks and I’ve left you waiting, please let me know, as your post may have slipped under my radar somehow.

On the flipside, I know things can get busy. If you have circumstances interfering with your RPing, all I ask is that you let me know (or post in Absences, or update your status, I will see it). Otherwise, I’m fine with waiting about a month for a reply. If it goes longer than that, I’ll send you a reminder. If I need to send a second reminder, I’ll most likely just close out the thread.

Plotting and PreferencesIf you’d like to plot together, you’re welcome to post in my organizer or send me a private message on the forum! I generally don’t accept direct messages over Discord unless you and I have already done a thread or two (and I’m therefore comfortable chatting with you). But if you have an urgent need to discuss something and you see that I’m online, feel free to flag me down with an @mention.

As far as plotting preferences go:
    • I naturally gravitate towards plots involving action and adventure. They’re my favorite RP thing to do!
    • I’m not so good with casual conversation or political intrigue. I can still write for it, it just might take me longer to muster up ideas.
    • Plots that have to do with abuse—physical, emotional, sexual—will make me run away in the opposite direction. It’s less a trigger in my case, and more that I have no interest in exploring it as a theme.
    • I find NPCs extremely useful for driving plots and providing background flavor. I include them all over my threads, if they fit what’s going on. I’d like for you to let me control their actions, though—if I’m okay with sharing them, I’ll let you know. Hostile NPCs, I’m okay with you calling hits on them unless I clearly designated them as some kind of “final boss” type character rather than just fight fodder.
    • A non-liquid time roleplay is still fairly new to me, and I find myself struggling to warm to the idea of doing heavily-impacting plots for my characters. I probably won’t agree to anything like this right away unless we’ve already threaded together and established a mutual rapport.
    • If I’ve done something you don’t like in one of our threads, please let me know! I’m totally fine with editing my post.
    • If you lose interest in a thread of ours and no longer want to do it, also please let me know. You don’t have to justify yourself. I’m not going to be upset, sometimes you have to try a thing before realizing it’s not for you. ^^
    The longer version of my RP preferences can be found here.

All of my characters are currently open for threads. Please check them out below!

#1 Riot, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. Riot

Riot Player

Veloce Visrin

Carciphona

[​IMG]
    Full character profile here

Veloce is a young sorceress from a world where the use of Common Magic has been banned via a Prohibition that all countries must obey. It was only recently that she found the resolve to leave home and find her own path, regardless of what the law declares. Before Pandora, she traveled the kingdoms with a pair of friends, posing as their bodyguard, an easy facade given her considerable skill at swordplay—and even more extraordinary talent with magic. Veloce also has a condition in which demon spirits inextricably fused with her soul at birth. The power of her necklace keeps her alive; without it, she would die. It’s a fate that she has made her peace with.

PersonalityVeloce gives off an air of cold indifference, not at all helped by her preference for peace and quiet over the company of others. It takes time for her to warm up to other people, though the process can be helped along if said people treat her with respect instead of snapping to conclusions about her motives or heritage. Displays of arbitrary kindness baffle her, but she doesn't disapprove. While Veloce is not easily provoked, if forced to take action, her response will be brutal and decisive. She is not a bad person, but 'nice' would be pushing it.

RelationshipsFriends: Despite her standoffish demeanor, Veloce favors people with peaceful and compassionate dispositions. Calmness and tolerance go a long way with her.

Enemies: Veloce has small patience for people who immediately judge her of wrongdoing. More than that, someone who demonstrates little concern what consequences their actions might have on those around them will earn themselves Veloce's scorn.

Lovers: Not something that often crosses her mind. Given her Carciphona curse, Veloce is certain that any romantic ventures would just be an exercise in futility.

Plot Ideas-Mage for Hire-
    Veloce is a member of the Mages’ Guild in Pandora, which offers various services that require an arcane touch—slaying of magical creatures, removing wards and traps from objects or locales, putting up barriers and portals, etc. Veloce’s expertise lies in combat magic and understanding the language of spirits. If you want a sorceress to help with any of those things, bring Veloce!

-Cloaked in Demon Spirits-
    Veloce is always able to see, hear, and feel the demon spirits clinging to her soul. They're harmless to the living and entirely invisible to normal people... but there is a goodly number of not-normal people on Pandora. If you have a spiritually sensitive character, maybe they sense or see Veloce's demon spirits and want to do something about them.

-Magic Necklace-
    Veloce's necklace emits an aura similar to a demon spirit's and is clearly an artifact of magical power. It also happens to be a very beautiful necklace. One of these two reasons might inspire a character to try stealing it. (Caveat: Veloce literally cannot live if separated from her necklace for too long, so she would need to be able to get it back at some point. Max timeframe is a week.)

-The Sound of Violence-
    I shamelessly admit that I am extremely fond of RPing combat, as fight scenes are probably the only thing I have confidence in. If you also like combat, we should set up something! Fighting NPCs is preferred, but I wouldn't mind a dramatic encounter against another character, either.

Oerba Yun Fang

Final Fantasy

[​IMG]

Fang is a l’Cie, a servant chosen by machine-like gods to carry out a specific Focus—namely, the destruction of her homeland’s long-hated enemy, the people of Cocoon. Fate had a different idea, though; through divine intervention, some outside machinations, and a dash of personal luck, she found herself allied with a group of Cocoonians instead, all working together to save their worlds from the forces that wished to usher in apocalypse.

Her l’Cie powers grant Fang the ability to cast a wide array of combat magics, and link her to a summoned guardian-beast called Bahamut, who aids her in battle and serves as a flying mount when she needs to cross great distances very quickly. Fang’s skill with a lance is second to none; she has spent her whole life hunting and fighting, and is loathe to back down from a challenge.

PersonalityFang conducts herself with an attitude that leans towards equal parts fearlessness and recklessness. Danger is motivation, not discouragement; she thrives on battle and welcomes any chance to distract herself from weightier issues with a good physical workout. She's at her best when she has some clear-cut goal in mind. Her stubbornness has gotten her in big trouble before, but once shown the error of her ways, Fang will relent without holding a grudge.

RelationshipsFriends: Friends. Family. There’s no difference as far as Fang’s concerned. Loyalty and determination are qualities she values highly in others; demonstrating these is the quickest way to get her to like you. Once she considers you a close friend, she’ll face down hell itself for your sake.

Enemies: Fang generally doesn’t have trouble getting along with people, even if their opinions don’t quite match up with hers. That said, like any reasonable woman with a sharp stick, if she finds you guilty of pointless cruelty or acts of cowardice, she’s going to feel inclined to do something about that.

Lovers: Fang’s not going to look twice at anyone who can’t keep up with her. That means facing problems head on, treating your friends well, and being a partner she can rely on if the situation ever goes pear-shaped.

While unconfirmed in canon, fanworks often pair Fang with her childhood friend, Vanille. If we ever get a Vanille in Pandora, I’m okay with going either the friendship or romance route! Otherwise, Fang’s interest won’t be piqued by anything less than a strong, capable woman forged to unflinching hardness through conflict—though the buildup to any relationship would be gradual to start.

Plot Ideas-The Most Dangerous Game-
    Fang is a huntress, and now that she’s in a new land filled with creatures she’s never seen before, she’s going to want to test her skills on some of them. Maybe your character joins her on the hunt because they both stand to benefit somehow, or maybe your character comes under attack by such a creature and Fang rescues them—accidentally or on purpose.

-An Eidolon Matter-
    Bahamut looks a little scary from far away. Big black and purple metallic monster thing zipping through the sky? I’d be spooked, too. If your character spots Fang flying around on Bahamut, they might get the wrong idea and try to attack him. Alternatively, maybe they’re really excited by friendly giant monster things and want to go for a ride instead?

-The Beast Within-
    Fang has the ability to become a weaker version of Ragnarok, a powerful beast that the prophets believe will one day bring about the end of the world. Fang can’t quite pull off the world-ending bit—but Ragnarok is still a formidable and violent monster that can break through magic barriers and cause a lot of mayhem. An evil character might find a way to use this to their advantage. Add extra angst points for the fact that this transformation is not voluntary in the least.

-Back Down? Ha!-
    Having grown up during a long and terrible war, and then set upon a journey that could’ve saved the world as easily as ended it, Fang’s no stranger to bloody struggle. As with my other characters, I’m always eager for an adventure of some stripe! Fang’s strength makes her a handy ally to have in a fight.

#2 Riot, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Riot

Riot Player

Hime Yarizakura

Yozakura Quartet

[​IMG]

Hime is a dragon youkai, a high school student, and the mayor of her hometown. If you’re wondering how that last one is even possible... Owing to unique circumstances, everyone in her parents’ generation vanished from the town, leaving behind the elders on one side and the kids on the other. Hime’s grandmother held the mayor’s seat before her, and Hime’s worked hard to live up to the townsfolk’s expectations as her grandmother’s successor. Though she still falls short at times, her heart’s in the right place.

Thanks to her youkai heritage, Hime can both take and give a better beating than most. She’s well-practiced with spears—or anything mildly resembling a polearm—and can call upon a terrestrial energy source known as the Dragon Pulse. These skills have come in handy when she’s had to smack evil spirits out of otherwise totally innocent people.

PersonalityHime is energetic, friendly, and apt to butt in if she comes across a situation that needs resolving. She cares deeply for others, strangers included, since in her mind the people around her all fall under the general category of belonging to her town. Their happiness is her happiness; their needs come before her own. If she thinks someone hates her, it’s hard for her not to dwell on the thought. She takes her duties very seriously, constantly weighing how her choices reflect back on her and on the people in her life.

Getting along with your neighbors whether you’re human, youkai, or something else is an ideal of the highest importance to her. Hime may be a strong and fierce fighter, but it’s a power she wields in the name of protecting the peace. No matter what crimes you’ve committed, as long as she thinks there’s a chance you’ll turn a new leaf, she’ll hold onto her creed not to needlessly kill.

RelationshipsFriends: Hime responds well to kindness and sincerity, not necessarily aimed at herself, but just in someone’s general disposition. She also approves of those who act as guardians and perform well in that role, whether they’re a sibling or a leadership figure.

Enemies: Enemies are something Hime tries her best not to have. She’s more likely to push for understanding and compromise if there’s a disagreement of some kind. But if you’re a remorseless killer or are actively trying to destroy the world, there just might be an angry dragon schoolgirl in your near future.

Lovers: There’s a childhood friend back home that Hime still has a crush on. But who knows, somebody in Pandora who demonstrates the same depth of compassion and strength of resolve as that boy might eventually catch her eye. She has little experience with matters of love; expect much fluff and awkwardness if this becomes a development.

Plot Ideas-Support Network-
    Hime was part of a crew of spunky teenagers in her world. Along the same lines, I’d love for her to make friends with characters around her age here, too. I have her attending Pandora College and she’ll be wandering around Pandora Town for a while just getting used to her new home, so if you’d like to explore the place together, bring her along!

I’m also interested in finding an (or more than one?) older sister/parent figure for Hime. She never knew her parents—she’s relatively well adjusted even without them—but she’s still got a lot to learn about being an upstanding member of society and could benefit from some guidance.

-Youkai Shenanigans-
    Hime looks human enough, but she doesn’t hide the fact that she’s not. You might find her jumping over rooftops, picking up objects several times her weight, or fighting off threats to the town that would honestly be better left to law enforcement. Hime’s town was full of youkai; she’ll be drawn to other people who, like her, are something other than human, if only to learn what they’re like.

-Charity and Service-
    Being mayor back home meant handling a lot of community-oriented initiatives. Hime likes to see lives being changed for the better and will gladly offer her help with projects and activities meant to improve the town or just promote a sense of overall solidarity.

-A Fighting Schoolgirl-
    As always, I enjoy action threads of all kinds and would be down for such plots with Hime! She does well as a frontline fighter and has taken on many a rogue youkai, so please include her if you need someone to tank that giant flailing monster over there.

#3 Riot, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Shere Khan

Shere Khan The Jungle Book

Naughty Cub
    Race:
    Tiger
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    I'm allowed to post in these things, right?

Would love to have a thread between @Okami Amaterasu and Shere Khan. I imagine him being rude and cold to her at first (especially since she's a dog type), but he'd show grudging respect to her once he saw her in action.

In terms of plot ideas... I was thinking they could get captured by a group who work in a laboratory, which primarily tests potential new beauty products on animals to ensure that they're safe to use on humans. OK and SK could break out the other animals and escape the lab. I imagine we'd need to make the abducters something supernatural (maybe witches testing their beauty potions?), so that they can abduct someone as powerful as OK. Unless she deliberately lets them abduct her because she somehow knows about the lab?

I also want a thread between Tigernor and OK! But I need to come up with a solid idea first. :p

Riot likes this.
  5. Riot

Riot Player

@Shere Khan

Hey there! I really like the idea of breaking out of some kind of cosmetics lab -- and the witch angle is not one I saw coming. xD I'll let you make the call on the employees being supernatural or not, though I do have to say that letting herself be captured in order to save those poor animals definitely sounds like something Ammy would do!

Oh, geez. Tigernor scares me. Were you thinking an encounter while he's in tiger form or human?

Shere Khan likes this.
  6. Shere Khan

Shere Khan The Jungle Book

Naughty Cub
    Race:
    Tiger
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Great! :D I’m thinking we could start with Shere Khan coming across Okami in the woods, then he ends up in one of the lab people’s traps, along with a few other animals? She pretends to get caught in order to save them, as well as those already imprisoned in the lab? Do you have a preference for date and do you want me to start?

I was thinking tiger form. I might suggest something next season instead. Certain Events should have unfolded by then, hopefully, which will make him nice(ish). I have ideas!

By the way, meant to write OA (not OK), but my iPad “corrected” it and I didn’t see it until now. Then again, I suppose OK works too! :p

7. Riot

Riot Player

@Shere Khan

That sounds like a good place to start. Would you mind doing the opener? Ammy's free in the back half of September, the first half of October, and all of November. :D

Haha, great ideas, I bet. I'll look forward to it, then!

8. So in his world, Raidou is part of a four family clan that worked with the Yagarasu, an organization that is named after but also contains some of the three clawed crow servants of Amaterasu. Raidou's entire purpose was to defend Japan from supernatural forces but since he's here he cannot defend the Capital from those threats. If he meets your Amaterasu he could see it as a sign and take a new charge from her to defend a location (Pandora town likely), until he finds a way back to his world (or dies, lol).

Amaterasu would find a steadfast ally in Raidou Kuzunoha.

Riot likes this.
  9. Riot

Riot Player

@Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV

Hello!

The Okami version of Amaterasu has no connection to the Yatagarasu afaik, but she'd welcome his aid and friendship anyway. Ammy is unable to speak mortal languages with her own mouth, but it seems like Raidou's familiar, Gouto-Douji, would be able to bridge the communication for them?

That said, I have some concerns about his demon summons. I haven't played any of the Shin Megami Tensei games; what kind of personalities do the demons have? Are they ever honorable or kind at all? Because if they act like stereotypical "evil" demons, I don't see Ammy tolerating their presence for long.

10. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Hey! I've only got a vague idea so far, but I think Ammy meeting Nanachi might be fun. Nanachi isn't your typical person, and has some experience with supernatural and is practically half-animal themselves, if not more than half.

So how she might see and feel around Ammy, and how Ammy might feel around the cursed narehate could be fun.

Riot likes this.
  11. Riot

Riot Player

@Nanachi

Hey there! I've never heard of Made in Abyss, but I do love me some cursed immortal lifespans and fluffy adorable things, so I'm definitely interested. :D

Is there some plot or character development you want to pursue for Nanachi? I see they're trying to help Mitty; I'm not sure if the affliction is something Amaterasu can exorcize. Or would you prefer an interaction that's more lighthearted?

Nanachi likes this.
  12. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Awesome! Well I noticed that Ammy likes to help people with assorted tasks when she runs into them, and Nanachi will want to be setting up a place to stay and keep Mitty secret and safe. So she'll most likely start building a small house in the forest somewhere, probably using existing natural features. Ammy could possibly come across her doing so, and decide to help?

It'd probably be mostly light-hearted, but a few deeper moments could possibly occur. Made in Abyss is like that a lot. :D

13. Riot

Riot Player

@Nanachi

That sounds like a fine plan! The more natural the materials, the better. Reinforcing the little house with rock or plants is absolutely something Ammy could do. She'd be useless with a hammer though. No thumbs.

When did you want to date this? Ammy's free pretty much all of November except the 1st. Or we could hold it during winter, though the season won't start for another two weeks.

14. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Yeah, Nanachi would be using whatever they can find on hand. They're very much a survivor and make use of whatever they has access to first, or can find.

Hmm, Nanachi arrived in Pandora on November 10th, so they'd probably take a few days to start properly working on a shelter. Does November 13th sound good?

15. Riot

Riot Player

@Nanachi

Sounds good to me! Would you like to start off, or shall I? I do have a small backlog of replies to work through first though, so it would be a few days.

16. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    It'd probably be easier and make more sense to set the scene with Nanachi and the area they're working in. It might take me a day or so to get it up, so that's all good. :)

17. @Riot

So in Shin Megami Tensei terms, "Demon" is a loose phrase used for any supernatural entity, demon, spirit, legendary being, etc. Such as angels, kami, or even just plain old bigfoot.

That being said, a few of the spirits he uses are evil or amoral, but he uses them in a helpful way. He's lawfully aligned so if he doesn't banish or cut down an evil being, he finds a use for them as a means of them serving a penance.

I like the ally idea, if she finds Raidou someone she could work with. Communication might not be an issue if she's able to communicate with other supernatual beings. Raidou is shown to be able to speak to and hear back from beings normal humans can't understand.

18. Riot

Riot Player

@Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV

Ah, okay! Well, without actually putting Raidou and Ammy together in a thread and seeing how it plays out, my initial thought is that she'd probably start out a little mistrustful, but ultimately come to accept that as long as he's able to keep the more amoral demons under control, she can learn to like him. :D

Amaterasu actually never speaks a word in the video game, not even to the other Celestial Brush gods. In Pandora, I'm playing her as able to communicate with other animals (like birds and other wolves, and people with really strong animal characteristics) just so I don't go totally crazy, but for humans and other intelligent beings, I've just been laying out her thoughts and body language and giving thread partners leave to interpret correctly what Ammy's trying to say, if they want. xD If you think Raidou would be able to speak with her directly, then I'm fine with rolling with that!

19. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    And the thread for Nanachi and Okami is finally up! :D

I may have let the opening post get away from me a little bit, though XP

20. Stardust

Stardust Player

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Yo, @Riot! I said I'd hit you up after I got accepted, so here I am!

I want to do something with @Veloce Visrin and @Piccolo and I think that there are a couple of things that could definitely act as hooks -- namely her being in the Mages Guild and having demons bound to her. I could see Piccolo causing trouble in Pandora that the Mages Guild might be asked to stop, so I think that's a good starting point. I have no idea if she could tell he's a demon or if Piccolo could tell she's surrounded by demons (though my gut says "yes" to the second part, I'd need more info), but I think that could be an interesting point of development if she's never met a free-living demon before. I don't know what her history with them is like so far in Pandora. Oh, and maybe a crazy anime battle could be thrown into these hooks since you like that thing and it's been a small eternity since I last did that?

Riot likes this.