By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Schrödinger's Blue Paladin

Discussion in 'Crystal Vales' started by Lance McClain, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Lance McClain

Lance McClain Voltron: Legendary Defender

Blue Paladin of Voltron
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    September 3rd, Year 108- Edge of a Crystal Field
    @Keith Kogane

Keith had said it was an honor to fly with them, as they pushed the planet-erasing bomb away from their home. Earth. Lance had almost stopped believing they’d make it back, and while it was battle scarred from the harsh Galra siege, it was safe again. It would be safe again. Even if they had to take one more risk to ensure that the battle was truly over.

Lance was strangely calm as the Voltron Lions broke orbit, and Earth was visible below them. The atmosphere didn’t need to be lightened with a joke to soften the impact of what they were doing. They were protecting everyone they cared for, and for once, Lance didn’t have the crippling feeling that he didn’t belong in a Paladin’s suit, piloting the Red Lion. He didn’t need to act brave or tough. They’d gone through so much together, fighting all across the universe, that it was impossible to doubt himself in this moment. His family was okay, and everyone else would be too.

The resounding explosion was silent, but the impact slammed his body into his pilot chair. He could feel Red’s pain, but it was dulled as his vision blurred. He was so tired. Heroes could take naps after they won, right? Lance was vaguely aware that they were falling, but it didn’t matter anymore. Red was content with what they had done. They both wanted to rest. They hurtled down to Earth, a distinct red shooting star among four others. They were unaware of the vines taking them until they disappeared into the void.

Lance awoke with a start, his lion urging him up again with the little energy it had to speak. They were still free-falling, but everything was wrong now. This wasn’t home.

“What…? What!” He snapped to attention, taking in the pretty, but alien environment streaking past his ship’s flickering screen. Lance grabbed the controls and tried to control their descent, his body screaming in protest and his head pounding like he’d slammed it on the dashboard. Maybe he did. He hissed in pain, but kept trying. “C’mon, buddy, we can’t go down like this! I know you can do it. Gimme something to work with here. Anything!” The dull cockpit was silent, and then it turned on in a flash of lights as the Red Lion responded. “Thank you!” Lance righted their position with the ship’s thrusters and pulled out of the nosedive they were in to fly horizontally. The Red Lion sputtered as it finally ran out of fuel, and it dropped in altitude as Lance guided them to a less treacherous area, a somewhat smooth field covered in crystalline structures of varying sizes. They still crashed, but with minimal extra damage.

“We’re alive…” Lance said to his once again silent Lion, taking a moment to untense. “M-maybe. Not really sure where we are.” Was this where Paladins went when they died, and he didn’t even realize it? No, that was dumb. He had to be alive to feel this awful. He sighed. “Out of one fight and straight into a new one, huh? Just gotta figure out what’s going on this time.” Still no response. He patted the dashboard with a hand and forced himself to stand up. “Don’t worry, I’ve got this under control.” Probably. He hoped for both of their sakes that he did.

With some effort, Lance grabbed his bayard and left the Red Lion's cockpit to check out the area. His Lion didn't even put up it's usual defensive barrier as he walked away, which was worrying. At least the air here was breathable. It'd suck to be bruised all over and be slowly running out of oxygen.

"Alright, let's see if anyone can hear me out here..." He tapped his helmet, turning on his comm link as he walked into a grassier field. "Hello? I think I got separated, and I'm not sure where Earth is from here." Nothing but static at first. "Uh...Keith? Shiro? Anybody?" As Lance waited in tense silence, a strange sensation fell over him. Something was trying to get his attention, and it was familiar.

"...Blue?" he asked quietly, turning to face in a different direction. It was a faint call, but he had a gut feeling that it really was the Blue Lion. Was Allura here too?

#1 Lance McClain, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Keith Kogane likes this.
  2. Keith Kogane

Keith Kogane Voltron: Legendary Defender

Paladin of Voltron/ Monster hunter
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Red was dancing, her controls responding to his lightest touch and in that moment Keith felt calm, at peace. It was nice to get out into space and just fly, it helped him deal with the madness which had recently occurred with the destruction of the world they had been trapped in and an emergence of another with supposedly so much history. It hurt Keith's head to think on it too much, but then his head drifted to the family he had gained, his team mates, his comrades and their grief. The team were pulling together to support one another through the difficult time, it was nice to see in some ways, but in other ways it hurt far more especially when he felt he himself was to blame for Lance's death.

If I hadn't called Pidge away, if I had not been in Horizon... Perhaps he would of lived... No, he definitely would of lived...
    The thought crept into his mind then as it had many times over the last few days and Red's dance became more erratic. Anger washed through Keith then and he threw the stick forwards, sending Red spiralling through space at full pelt a cry of rage escaped him. But was cut short by Red's comm systems flickering to life, a voice coming over the transceiver, a very familiar voice, a voice which should not be sounding at all. His blue, grey gaze stared wide, eyed at the device, not believing what he was hearing.

But the communication got stronger and Keith spoke sharply"Red, lock onto that signal now!"He needn't of spoken outloud for the Red lion knew what he wanted before he had even spoken and was already doing it. Then he was open up communications"Lance? Lance, I read you! Do you copy? This is Keith, don't move from where you are... I'm coming!" The lion had a locked onto his signal, lost in the new world of Pandora, some distance away, it might take awhile for them too get there. So he added"Lance, if you still read me.. I'm a bit away, but I am on my way so just sit tight!"

Lance McClain likes this.
  3. Lance McClain

Blue Paladin of Voltron
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    His radio came to life with a startling crack, yanking Lance out of his thoughts as he scrambled to answer.

"Yeah, I hear you, I mean- I copy!" he said. "My lion's crashed in a weird crystal field and she's not moving. I'm standing by..." The radio decided to lose the signal right then, to his frustration. This area had some interference, probably the same energy that was messing with the Red Lion. He just hoped that Keith wouldn't take like two days to get here. He might be eaten by space wolves by then. He cursed and gripped his bayard tighter, and it shifted into its rifle mode.

"Alright, no big deal. Just gotta stay here and not die. This is easy..." Couldn't be harder than summoning his lion from Saturn just in time to save his and Veronica's lives, or sniping Galra drones from a block away. Lance crouched down on one knee and scanned the field and nearby treeline, looking for any potential threats.

Keith Kogane likes this.
  4. Terra Branford

Terra Branford Final Fantasy

Race:
    Human/Esper
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Coughing as she picked her head up off the ground, Terra gazed around her at the surrounding crystal fields with blurred vision and spinning head. She placed weakened fingers around the magenta hilt of her blade as she raised her upper body to where she was almost sitting.

All she could remember was the end of the world. Of her own world and the new, followed by nothingness, and then a field of crystals she had lost herself within. If she could fly out and get a better view of the land, she would, but her magic had no purchase wherever she was. She couldn't shake the feeling that she had been transported to another world entirely only to watch its demise, like a never-ending cycle of death and destruction.

After coming back to her senses, and back to the realization of her reality, her breathing became heavy, her mind went frantic, and her eyes caught that of a boy next to a strange, red... Magitek Armor? It was in the shape of a lion, but it had to be Magitek. Struggling to pick herself up with the burn wounds and bruises she had sustained during the Calamity, she called out, "Hey! Hey, over here!" She was hungry and desperate. She would do anything to break this cycle of watching worlds end one after another.

#4 Terra Branford, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Lance McClain and Keith Kogane like this.
  5. Lance McClain

Blue Paladin of Voltron
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Lance didn't really want to wander too far off from the inactive Red Lion stuck in the crystal field, but ignoring a call for help wasn't in his nature. No one was going to take it anyway, it was impossible to move it without a battleship of some kind to use a gravity beam on it. He wasn't completely naive though. Instead of responding immediately, his rifle switched to sniper mode and he used the scope to get a closer look at who was talking to him. It was a girl, around his age, maybe. And covered in wounds... Any thoughts of how cute she may or may not be left him, his mind focusing. He'd just come out of a war, after all. He frowned and scanned the immediate area. Nothing else was around. Maybe this wasn't a trap.

"...I'm coming, hold on!" he called out, standing up and running over to her. "Hey, what happened to you?" Lance asked, trying to help support her weight. He should at least get her out of these crystals to an area with more cover. "Someone will come pick us up soon, don't worry..."

Keith Kogane and Terra Branford like this.
  6. Terra Branford

Race:
    Human/Esper
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "The world ended..." she said as she stood up with the boy's help, wrapping an arm around his shoulder for support. "Just like the one before it... Please, sir, heed my warning. This world, too, could be in danger. If I've been sent here, it doesn't bode well..."

She had no idea what her being there meant, but all she knew was the end of worlds. Wishful thinking would be for her to at least regain her breath before this one met its demise. A part of her wanted to believe that she could prevent it, but there was only so much she could do. There was only so much anyone could do.

Keith Kogane and Lance McClain like this.
  7. Lance McClain

Blue Paladin of Voltron
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    ...What exactly did he just get involved in? The world ended? Which world? Because as weird as his current surroundings were, it looked pretty stable. Keith would have mentioned if the planet was gonna implode on itself, right? And what did she mean about being sent here? Maybe the stress from..whatever she'd been caught in was getting to her.

"Okay, let's slow down," Lance said, before his brain started to hurt trying to sort this mess out. Or maybe that was the head injury from the crash. Didn't matter. "Like I said, we're going to be okay. Nothing's ending yet." He walked her out of the crystals and towards the softer grass, being as gentle as possible. "My name's Lance. How about you tell me yours?"

Terra Branford and Keith Kogane like this.
  8. Terra Branford

Race:
    Human/Esper
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "Terra," she practically spat out with a cough. "It doesn't matter, anyway... Nothing matters. We're all in hell." Once her feet touched the grass outside of the crystal field, she could feel the raging fire ignite within her once again. She slipped from Lance's hold and fell to her knees, plunging her sword into the soil beneath them in a fit of sobbing.

"Where I'm from," she began through teary eyes, "I had hope... and love... and friends... Now there's this hole, like I've been struck with a cannon through my heart. I don't know you, Lance, but I'm sorry for whatever fate befalls you here. I can tell you don't deserve it. Nobody does."

9. Lance McClain

Blue Paladin of Voltron
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Lance was starting to believe that he might be out of his depth here, but he wasn't the kind to just give in after a couple of tries.

"Alright, Terra. If this is hell, it's a pretty calm one at the moment. Maybe they put the fires out to make it look nicer," he joked, before clearing hsi throat and looking awkward. "Sorry, I meant that right now, as far as I can tell, things are going to be alright. Don't worry about fate until it shows up, you know? I've been through a lot of stuff I thought might kill me, but I'm still around." He dropped down to one knee to be at Terra's eye level. "We'll make it through and get you some help. That's a promise from me, okay?"

Terra Branford and Keith Kogane like this.
  10. Terra Branford

Race:
    Human/Esper
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Who was she to take away the hope and spirit of another? Who was she to stomp out the fire that lived in the hearts of the innocent? Lance may have been doomed along with the rest of whatever world she had found herself in, but putting fear into others before that wouldn't fix anything. The least she could do was not drag others down along with her before the time came. The least she could do was let this boy have his hope.

Wiping away her tears with a shaky hand, she brutally forced her lips to curl into the rough shape of a smile. Her head was hurting as a result of the outward betrayal of her feelings, but what little light she had left in her spread the faintest hint of joy through her heart knowing that she was doing the only right thing she could. Helping others, however superficially it may have been.

"Maybe you're right," she said, wishing desperately for the words she spoke from then on to be true. "Maybe I just need some time to relax and... get my thoughts in order again."