HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

ScorpioRat's Organizer

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by ScorpioRat, Nov 10, 2017.

1. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

ScorpioRat's Page

sub-title here

About MeHi, I'm about 21, living in the U.S. and in my last year of University, working on a degree for Game Design and Animation. As you might guess from that, I like/am familiar with a lot of games, cartoons, anime, and a bunch of other things like that. My favorite genres and and characters I like are pretty all over the place, and I generally don't like to play the same kind of character multiple times in a row.

I'm pretty much aware of any big anime/manga that's been around since the late 90s and early 2000s onward, and even a few before that. The ones that I personally enjoyed/know a lot about are Sailor Moon, Naruto, the first 4 series of Digimon, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Azumanga Daioh, and probably a few that I'm forgetting now that I will remember later. I'm alright with characters from DBZ, One Piece, Bleach, My Hero Academia, Transformers: Animated, and some other big magical girl/sentai hero shows.

For regular western cartoons/comics, I'm good with Steven Universe, Teen Titans, the more well known DC and Marvel stuff, Avatar/Legend of Korra and some other stuff.

For books and movies, I'd be interested in Harry Potter, the Percy Jackson series, the Dresden Files, A Song of Ice and Fire (though I will probably spoil myself RPing with someone), Star Wars, and Star Trek.

I play a ton of Nintendo games / stuff on Nintendo consoles and I like Pokemon, Metroid, Megaman (Starforce Series is my favorite), Legend of Zelda, and Fire Emblem a lot. I've been branching out into Playstation and PC games though, so I'm also good with Persona, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Undertale, and Overwatch.

I've been roleplaying online for most of high school and college and I'm pretty used to the forum format of doing it, though I may get busy and not be able to post as frequently sometimes due to schoolwork and other obligations, as I serve as an Admin on another site.

Roleplay PreferencesI generally like to make decent sized posts (at least a nice paragraph or two) and try to give other players things to work with so we don't stall out, but I can make short posts to keep a conversation or action scene going. I like planning out how threads end to some degree since that helps me when I get stuck on a post. I'd rather not have to react to a page worth of descriptive/ introspective text though. I'm good with most genres except the stuff I'm going to put in the limits section, and I'm fine with making my characters a little uncomfortable or pushing them closer to their limits if the thread is interesting enough. Even if you don't have a character from the fandoms I mentioned before, please don't be afraid to ask me if I want to roleplay with them if you think they'll have good chemistry with a character of mine. Characters with other sexualities is fine with me as well, though I don't have a lot of experience with writing M/M romance just to warn people. I'll generally stick with what's shown in canon for my own characters unless it either never comes up or it's hard to tell, then I'll headcanon it.

LimitsI'm pretty much against excessive gore in action/horror style things. Mentioning injuries/dying or blood is completely fine as long as the details don't get to gross levels. I'm also fine with romance plots, but I'd rather not go above the PG-13 rating with my characters for now. I'd also like to keep the roleplay at least a little hopeful for the characters, so I probably won't want to join in on excessively dark and depressing things unless there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Check out my characters below!

I'm looking for some more threads for Ami, Pharah, Orisa, and Alphonse in particular right now.

#1 ScorpioRat, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 11:54 PM
    Jen and Nairne like this.
  2. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

Ami Mizuno

Sailor Moon

[​IMG]
    Ami Mizuno is a genius 16 year old Japanese girl from Tokyo who wants to become a doctor. She's also been Sailor Mercury for the last 3 years or so, protecting the citizens from various monster, demonic, and alien attacks with the other Sailor Senshi. She also remembers bits of her past life from 1,000 years ago, which she tries to not think too deeply about unless necessary. She's used to strange things going on and is willing to join in fights to help innocent people out, though she'd rather not have to fight or kill if it's not needed. Outside of her work as a guardian, Ami is kind, caring, and generally sensitive to the emotions of others. Her own confidence is shaky at times, but she's not the kind of person to abandon another even if she doesn't believe she can help them. She's passionate about learning and is curious when she encounters something she's never seen before. As long as someone isn't an abrasive jerk, odds are that Ami can tolerate them. She does open up quicker to people with the same interests as her, however. In terms of romance, I pretty much headcanon her as bisexual, though getting her into any kind of relationship with a stranger would require a lot of build up and trust for her to admit the feelings she may or may not have. People that are over the top when pursuing her will most likely just scare her off.

Canon UsedI'll be using the Manga events as canon, so Ami will not recognize or remember Anime only characters or plotlines.
    Potential Plot HooksMagical/Mental Detection: Even when she's not Sailor Mercury, Ami gives off a pretty distinct aura to those that are sensitive to energy and magic. Her memories of the far past have partially mixed in with her current self, and she's experienced death multiple times over the course of the last few years. Those that can read minds might be interested in this.

Doctor: If someone is injured or sick, Ami will most likely attempt to help them, and she's working on getting a medical degree in Pandora Town, taking volunteer hours at the local hospital. Anything in the medical field will generally catch her attention.

Magical Girl: Sailor Mercury will often appear to help those who are in trouble, and feels obliged to try and stop any sort of evil she encounters, mundane or supernatural.

Rivals: Ami has a wide variety of academic interests that she occupies herself with in her spare time, and it's rare that she finds someone that can keep up with her thoughts and speak with her on a more even level. She gets competitive when her skills are put to the test, and she's go to great lengths to keep up with someone who can push her to the edge, be it swimming, chess, or some other game or subject.

Alphonse Elric

Fullmetal Alchemist

[​IMG]
    Alphonse Elric is a 15 year old boy who lost his body in an Alchemy accident, and his soul is now bound by a bloodseal to a suit of armor. While intimidating at first glance, Al is a pretty calm and rational person, making friends with people rather easily if they don't act hostile to him. He likes collecting cats and other cute things, and considers himself more of a child than an adult. If someone earns his trust, he'll risk his life to protect them, and he's a prodigy when it comes to biology, chemistry, and the art of alchemy.

He likes learning new forms of science to improve his own skills, and is curious about things like magic. Alphonse would like to have a friend close to his age that shares his interests.

Canon UsedThis Alphonse comes from the Manga/Brotherhood version.

Potential Plot Hooks
    Cute Animals: The easiest way to draw Alphonse in is with a cat, but he likes most animals in general as long as he's allowed to pet and hold them.

Alchemist: He knows a great deal about the subject of transmuting materials, and he likes learning more. He's willing to exchange notes with people and maybe even teach the basics if he thinks someone is responsible enough to learn. He's extremely interested in human transmutation and Philosopher's Stones in particular, always searching for a way to regain what he and his brother lost in the past.

Soul Sealed in Armor: His unique position as an "immortal" soul that inhabits an artificial body may draw people in, though their intentions with him could be good or bad.

#2 ScorpioRat, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 11:53 PM
    Nairne likes this.
  3. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

Korra

The Legend of Korra

[​IMG]

Korra is a 21 year old woman from the Southern Water Tribe, but also happens to be the Avatar, the reborn master of Fire, Water, Earth, and Airbending, and a bridge between the physical and spiritual worlds. Or at least she was at home. Here she's another self proclaimed hero looking for a new purpose in Cascade Bay. So far, she's settled down at a bar job and likes exploring and looking for fights to keep herself entertained.

She's pretty easy to get along with if you don't mind a bit of impulsiveness and a polarbear dog tagging along. While she has nothing against violence, Korra would much rather spare a life than take it if she can, and she won't tolerate criminals trying to disrupt the peace.

Canon UsedThis Korra comes from the very last episode of Season 4, but before the epilogue scene. Therefore she is single and emotionally confused at the moment.

Potential Plot HooksSparring: Korra likes to fight and pick up new techniques, and any opponent that can show her something brand new gets her excited. She's also not that bad of a teacher when it comes to basic martial arts.

Spiritual Activity: Many spirits and beings similar to them may be drawn to Korra, as she is the Avatar and possesses an ancient light spirit tied to her human one. She meditate and astral project to better interact and communicate with those on the spiritual plane. She also likes to resolve conflicts that spirits may have.

Avatar Strength: It wouldn't be the first time that Korra was targeted by someone that wished to either kill her before she became a threat, or control her impressive power as a human/spirit hybrid and extremely strong elemental bending potential. She might also be manipulated into losing control and causing large amounts of collateral damage to an area if pushed far enough.

PTSD: Korra's had a rather close call with death in the past, and while she's mostly moved on from that particular event and the consequences that followed, she still may suffer vivid flashbacks, nightmares, and hallucinations if those memories are forced to the front of her mind or a very similar situation happens again. She may connect well to people who struggled with or are still trying to deal with issues like her own.

Samus Aran

Metroid

[​IMG]

Samus Aran is a galaxy roaming bounty hunter from Earth's somewhat distant future. Though she's had a rough past, losing her birth parents at a young age when her home colony was wiped out by Space Pirates, it seems to only have given her the motivation to get stronger and protect others. After being raised and trained by the mysterious Chozo species on planet Zebes, she emerged as a dangerously competent warrior with a one of a kind suit to match. She's hunted down deadly creatures and sabotaged Space Pirate plans both for the Galactic Federation and for her own satisfaction. Even though Samus considers herself the Protector of the Galaxy, a title given to her by the now extinct Chozo, her one true enemy is still the monstrous dragon Ridley, who she will always want vengeance on for killing her parents.

In Pandora, Samus performs various mercenary and bounty hunting missions for pay, some less legal than others, but she still has enough of a moral compass to step in and try and help those who are in trouble. She has an apartment in the Blackhaven area of Pandora Town, but spends much of her time in her gunship, moving around Pandora. While normally a loner, she is slowly starting to make friends and trust people who are willing to push through her cold exterior and rusty social skills.

Canon UsedThis Samus is from a few days after the end of Super Metroid.

Potential Plot HooksMissions: Samus is willing to take on jobs that most other people are afraid of handling. She doesn't shy away from monsters, unexplored areas, or the threat of death if it pays well enough. Check this link out for more details on hiring her or starting a mission together- Bounty Hunting

Drinking Buddies: If your character hangs out in bars a lot, especially in Pandora Town, Samus will often show up at some point. A persistent enough person might be able to get a conversation out of her. Or maybe she'll just listen to them ramble and then drag them back home when they black out from the alcohol.

Alienation from Society: Samus often feels a level of separation between herself and "normal" people, and those that aren't entirely human anymore, or are completely alien and feel put of their depth, might get along with her well. Or maybe someone wants to prove her wrong somehow.

Archaeology/ Technology: These are two of the few subjects that can really excite her to some degree outside of a battle. She likes discovering bits of the past from the ruins and pieces left behind, and her alien-created suit and ship might attract people who have never encountered things like them before.

Chozo Tech and DNA: Samus is a unique and stable hybrid of Human and Chozo genes, and this gives her near superhuman qualities even without her armor. This might interest people who want to study her alien half, or extract samples and find uses for Chozo DNA. Chozo technology is also nearly impossible to operate right without their genes on hand, and those who covet Samus's suit will need her to unlock its full potential.

#3 ScorpioRat, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  4. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

Fareeha Amari

Overwatch

[​IMG]

Fareeha, who often goes by the call sign Pharah, is a professional Egyptian soldier that comes from an honorable military family. With her main weapon, a rocket launcher, and her high tech Raptora battle suit, she's a dangerous opponent in the air and on the ground. her original dream was to join the Overwatch organization, but it was disbanded before she could be recruited. Despite that setback, Pharah is still doing her best to keep the innocent safe. A natural born leader, her courage and planning is motivating to others, and those that work under her are often very loyal. Teamwork is highly important to her, and she won't leave someone behind if there's a chance they can be saved. Off the job, she doesn't take things too seriously, and tends to be pretty open and energetic once the ice is broken.

In Pandora, Pharah is a Captain in the Pandora Town Defense Force, though she often visits other towns and other parts of the world in her spare time.

Canon UsedPharah comes from a little bit after the Overwatch Reflections comic.

Potential Plot Hooks
    Training Partners/Test Pilot- Physical training is one of her pastimes, so having people that like to work out, or even just go to a shooting range would be welcomed. She's also got a degree in engineering, and wouldn't mind testing out military equipment or inventions for people.

Heroics- Pharah will jump into any situation where she thinks she can help, and she does quite a few patrols on her own using her armor to cover large distances.

Romance?- Right now, Pharah is more focused on work than dating, so someone would have to be persistent to get her attention beyond just flirting.

Makoto Niijima

Persona 5

[​IMG]
    Makoto is a model Japanese third year high school student, excelling in academics and organizing things as President of the student council. She acts polite and isn't the kind to cause trouble... as long as she believes that the rules are justified and genuinely help people. Inside, she does wish to stand up against the things she considers unfair, and has a deep passion for wanting to protect others from those who abuse societal rules to do as they want, but she sometimes struggles with breaking away from just following orders. Her bottled up opinions and frustration come out more when she takes on the role of Queen, a member of the illegal Phantom Thieves group that she acts as a strategist for. Her self confidence is still less than great, and she has a bad habit of believing she is some kind of burden, though she tries very hard to prove that she has use.

Makoto can also summon her Persona, the manifestation of her rebellious spirit, to assist her in battle or just ride its motorcycle form. With a special app on her phone, she can enter the Metaverse and interact with the unconscious minds of other people within the cognitive spaces they create, and can talk with and fight their Shadows.

In Pandora, Makoto has a City Guard job, wanting to change the way things are done in the justice system from the inside and outside at the same time. She's aslo an active part of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts, even if most of its members aren't in Pandora.

Canon UsedMakoto came during November of Persona 5, in the middle of infiltrating Sae Niijima's palace. She is at Rank 10 of the Priestess Confidant, but is not in a romantic relationship.

Potential Plot Hooks
    Studying/Reading: Makoto doesn't go to school anymore, not wanting to waste her newfound freedom within a system that she doesn't see much value in. However, she still likes learning new things, and she works as a cataloger at the library. It's not odd for her to attempt to teach herself new things out of curiosity or a desire to pick up a skill. People that frequent the library might run into her often, and she's willing to help people learn something new as well, or may ask someone who seems knowledgeable about a subject to help her with it.

Police/Vigilante work/ Crime investigation: She's passionate about justice and doing what's right, and since she wanted to be a police officer, she'd love to be mentored by someone who's involved in a similar field, even if it's an unofficial thing. Those who operate outside the laws for the sake of helping others have her respect as well. She likes talking about morality, laws, and what it means to be truly just.

Phantom Thief/Persona User: Makoto is a member of a technically illegal group of Persona-users who enter the minds of targets via the Metaverse and steal their twisted desires to reform them. It is possible to enter the Metaverse if someone is within 10 feet of the app when it's used, and this may drawn unsuspecting people into the Cognitive World, where shadows and demons exist. Those who can sense supernatural phenomena may pick up on Makoto's "potential" to use her Persona.

Romance/Friendships: Being so focused on schoolwork and being as straight-laced as possible for most of her teenage years caused her to miss a lot of things that most kids he age normally experience. She's not quite sure how close friendship and dating works, and has trouble with overthinking things to death, including her own emotions. This does not combine well with her already present anxiety and need to prove her worth. Even if she did like someone, she'd have a hard time expressing it in a obvious manner. Someone who wanted to get close to her would have to be patient before she relaxed more around them.

Orisa

Overwatch

[​IMG]
    Orisa is an Omnic, a cutting edge robot with artificial intelligence advanced enough to be considered sentient. While she was originally built to serve as as simple OR-15 guard robot for the city of Numbani, after the entire line of guards were destroyed by the terrorist Doomfist, her scraps were auctioned off to the public. Efi Oladele, an eleven year old inventor, rebuilt and remodeled Orisa to be better than she was before, giving her a personality and the ability to think for herself. Together, they hope to protect people just as the fallen Overwatch organization did years in the past. Orisa is only a few months old, and is still exploring the depths of her own emotions and morality, but has a very strong desire for keeping others safe and being seen as a "hero". She is as intelligent as an adult, but does often act more like a child because of her lack of experience in the world.

In Pandora, Orisa and Efi live at the orphanage, and Orisa will often go out and attempt to help others on the street when she can, though she has a bad habit of wandering farther away than intended.

Canon UsedA few months after she was rebuilt from the Doomfist attack on Numbani.

Potential Plot Hooks
    Other Robots: Orisa would love to interact with robotic characters that also have advanced AI and compare learning experiences or just to have someone that is in a relatable situation.

Helping Out/Law Enforcement: She'll always go out of her way to stop crimes, or even if someone just looks like they need assistance with a minor task. Note that Orisa generally will not kill a living thing unless in defense of another person, so most criminals only really need to worry about being arrested. Having someone to look up to as a hero or teacher would also be nice.

Misuse of Technology: Orisa is definitely a person and not a tool, but that doesn't change the fact that her original purpose was to be a combat robot. There may be people who are interested in having her to disassemble and try and replicate, or just to use as their own personal weapon.

Friendships/Family: Efi and Orisa are alone, and as competent as Efi is, she's still a child and would probably want a home that isn't in an orphanage. She'd also like to meet people who are interested in robotics and engineering like she is. Orisa is always looking for new friends of all kinds, even if they may not necessarily like her at first.

#4 ScorpioRat, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 11:51 PM
  5. @Korra Cassie works at the Devil's Den with her. Perhaps on a slow night, they can talk about the weights of the mind from trauma or just a decent bar room brawl.

6. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

I'm not too familiar with your character. What kinds of trauma would she be referring to? And I don't think Greed would be happy with his bouncer destroying the inside of his establishment in a fight. XD

7. Cassie's boyfriend was literally killed in front of her and died in her arms. He was brought back as a Zombie as well as her mentor, idol, and best frined and she had to fight them. She experienced her heart being literally ripped out of her chest by her dead mentor, only to later find out it was a mental ruse by a powerful enchantress

And that would be part of the challenge. ridding the establishment of the riff raff without going full powered bad ass on them.

8. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

Hm, maybe they can toss someone out of the bar and take the fight from there, since that would make more sense for Korra to want to do. Or someone tries to force their way in and needs to be kept out. That could lead to her and Cassandra becoming friends and talking afterward. Would a thread in Spring be okay with you? Korra kind of has a lot of threads in Winter already in progress. XD

9. Yeah that would be perfect. We still have the Makami thread after all

10. Nyami

Nyami Silver Fox Fanatic

Alignment:
    True Neutral
    @ScorpioRat

I could see @C.A. Rotwang interacting with @Alphonse Elric, @Orisa and maybe even @Ami Mizuno!

Since Rotwang's an engineer who is familiar with robots he'd probably find Orisa fascinating. He probably would want to learn more about her, whether by conversing with her or disassembling her if he finds her while she's inactive.

He's also quite familiar with alchemy so having him interact with Alphonse could be interesting. Seeing that he once copied a woman's soul into a robot of his own creation, Rotwang might want to do something similar with Alphie!

A fluffy thread with Ami might be fun too. Maybe Rotwang gets sick from overworking himself, faints, and ends up in the care of Ami at the hospital? They're both geniuses so while she helps him get better they'd have something to banter about!

11. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

Orisa would be happy to talk with him, though Efi wouldn't allow her to be taken apart for study, and I don't think Orisa would take it well either. XD

They're currently in Pandora Town at the moment, so maybe he could see them walking around the streets?

Nyami likes this.
  12. Nyami

Nyami Silver Fox Fanatic

Alignment:
    True Neutral
    @ScorpioRat Perfect! Rotwang's also in Pandora Town at the moment. What date would work for you? I'm thinking any day between March 18th and April 5th?

13. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

That sounds good! Did you want me to make the thread, or did you want to start it? I could get something up, but it'll probably be tomorrow.

Nyami likes this.
  14. Nyami

Nyami Silver Fox Fanatic

Alignment:
    True Neutral
    @ScorpioRat I could probably start it! It might take me awhile though because I'm not caught up on my other threads. Would it be okay if I wrote it in a couple days?

15. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

Sure!

Nyami likes this.
  16. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

Updated this to add Pharah!

17. Fox McCloud

Fox McCloud Starfox

Mercenary-for-hire
    Race:
    Anthropomorphic Fox
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @Samus Aran with Fox!

Why? Because no items, fox only, final destination

But seriously, interactions between Samus and Fox might be pretty fun. Seeing how they're both from space and share the same occupation, I could see them running into each other and easily becoming drinking buddies or something.

That or maybe they end up working together on the same mission, possibly ending up becoming rivals or something seeing how they're both looking for the same type of work.

Samus Aran likes this.
  18. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

@Fox McCloud That sounds fun! Samus is head of the security team for the Space Station being built, so she's in space pretty frequently when she's not taking regular mercenary jobs. Maybe they could run into each other while chasing down a criminal and end up competing/cooperating to catch the fugitive?

19. Fox McCloud

Fox McCloud Starfox

Mercenary-for-hire
    Race:
    Anthropomorphic Fox
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    That works for me! Though would this be taking place on the space station via Samus' workplace or would it just be through mercenary work back in Pandora? Either one is fine in my book!

20. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

Hm, it could be mercenary work that happens to lead to the Moon during a chase or something. I think there are some unexplored ruins on the moon that could come into play.