By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

seasons change one after another

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Aang, May 23, 2018.

1. Aang

Aang Avatar: The Last Airbender

Race:
    Spiritually Bonded Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

April 24th, Y7
    @Korra

Another hour of straining his poor brain and spirit, and still, nothing. Aang sighed in frustration as he looked down at the wooden fire medallion clasped tightly in his hands. Despite it only being a year or so old after he'd had to reform it during the conflict in Yu Dao, it already sported smooth edges along the symbol's indentation from where he'd run his thumb over it while he thought. Meditation usually held him too still to do that when he was actually trying to use it to contact Roku, but he'd been trying in vain since the morning to get in touch with any of his past lives. In between the increasingly desperate and frustrated bouts of meditative effort, there'd been plenty of opportunities to pace alongside the cliff side where he was currently sitting cross-legged to make the softness worse.

"Do you think they miss us, buddy?" Aang asked Momo as he leaned his elbows on his knees with an expression more concerned and withdrawn than any he normally sported. Being almost utterly alone and evidently cut off from his past lives would do that to him. Momo, who was curled up next to him in the sandy dirt, popped his head and his giant ears up at the sound of his voice and chittered back to him in entirely unintelligible lemur speak. Aang just nodded in return as if he understood. "Yeah. Me too."

But at least he had Appa and Momo still with him, he decided as he looked out from the top of the cliff to the ocean down below. The sound of the tide crashing against the rock below and the scent of saltwater were both soothing to him, and instead of giving it another go, he simply watched the way the setting sun reflected on the ocean. After a long few minutes of deep thought and contemplation...a loud growl from his stomach broke the silence, and he and Momo gave each other a startled look before he burst out laughing.

"Okay, you got me," he said as he stood up, bits of sand clinging to the back of his pants. Despite the circumstances, he looked much more back to his usual hopeful self than he had in his brief moment of anxiety. "Let's go find something to eat." Aang stepped to the side to grab his staff that he'd left leaning against a tree, but he stilled before his fingers clasped it. Now that he was on his feet, he could detect the thumping vibrations of something coming his way -- fast. Much too fast for him to react in time before a large, white blur leapt from the sparse treeline behind him and tackled him to the ground.

Aang shouted and turned his head to the side, closing his eyes instinctively as he tried to push whatever it was off of him or at least keep it away from his face. He barely even noticed Momo land on the creature's massive head and screech angrily as he jumped up and down. Whatever this thing was, it was furry and it was huge. Aang was just about to use his airbending to try and knock it off of him before he ended up as its lunch, before he felt a wet, slimy tongue happily lick a path down his cheek.

Oh. That's different, then. Curiously, he stopped struggling and opened an eye to see a muzzle obstructing most of his line of view. But if he was right, he was pretty sure he was being pinned to the ground by a polar-bear dog. The fact that they were normally wild and predatory didn't even bother him much considering that it was in that moment it decided to keep licking him, covering him in slobber and making him squirm as he laughed. Aang continued to try and get it off of him, but it was more playful than anything now.

"Hey! Stop! That tickles!" he complained happily through his laughter.

Korra likes this.
  2. Korra

Korra Avatar: The Legend of Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    She had no particular destination in mind, but she just refused to stay near Cascade Bay. Everything was too confusing there, and she just wanted to forget it for a while. And so Korra wandered the main landmass that made up the box they were all stuck in, looking for things to occupy her time with. Catching a ferry to cross over the sea hadn't been hard, and now she was closer to Pandora Town, though she find herself drawn to the nearby woods and beach very frequently. The smell of saltwater and the high cliffs reminded her of Republic City, something she didn't realize she had missed so badly. Maybe that's why she'd settled in Cascade Bay in the first place?

Today was one of those day, and she and Naga were taking a very long walk near the cliffs. It was a walk until Naga looked away from the trail they'd been taking and bolted towards the cliffs, leaving Korra in the dust. It wasn't exactly hard to follow a loud polar-bear dog through the forest so she didn't bother using her gliding staff or air scooter to move faster, but by the time she caught up with her friend, Naga had someone pinned to the ground under her weight. Probably trying to lick them to death...

"Naga, leave them alone!" she called out, though she wasn't worried about anyone's safety. Naga wouldn't just attack someone because they were a stranger. "Come on, sit!" The polar-bear dog stopped licking Aang and backed up a little to sit down, but she was still clearly excited. If Momo was actually bothering her at all, she didn't show it. "Good girl." Korra slowed down as she reached the cliff's edge, and then looked down at the person her dog had been harassing. "Hey, you alright?" Huh, he dressed like an old-style Air Nomad, with the full tattoo set and everything. She hadn't seen any of them in Pandora before. Maybe he was from way back before the 100 Year War. "Sorry if Naga scared you, she didn't mean it." Korra held out a hand to pull Aang up with.

Aang likes this.
  3. Aang

Race:
    Spiritually Bonded Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Aang was still laughing even as the polar bear dog's owner called her off, and he did his own part by nudging her muzzle away from his face. As he sat up, he wiped as much of the wetness off of himself with his arm that he could, but considering the size of Appa's tongue, he'd more than become used to the sensation. As gross as that sounded.

When he looked up to see who his benevolent 'savior' was from Naga's kisses, Aang was more than a little surprised to see that she looked like she was from one of the Water Tribes. He hadn't seen anyone here that may have come from his own world -- which he'd learned was very distinct from the others considering everyone's lack of bending -- and the prospect was far too exciting for him.

"Don't worry," he assured her as he took her hand, but at the same time used the air beneath him to float him quickly to his feet without needing to put much weight on her in the first place. "You should meet my bison, Appa. He does the same thing sometimes even though he's at least five times her size!" That may or may not have been a little bit of an exaggeration considering how big Naga was herself, but it got the point across.

The young airbender still couldn't tell whether she was from the Northern or Southern Water Tribe, but the sight of any sort of familiar face whatsoever made him grin brightly. And familiar was a strangely fitting term. There was something about her that made him wonder if they'd met already sometime before, and to be fair, it wouldn't be entirely out of question. He'd met so many different kinds of people while he was training in the North and even just recently when he'd gone to the South and seen all of their tribes united in one place as well.

"My name's Aang," he introduced himself, leaving the Avatar title out not only to be polite, but also because anyone who didn't live under a rock would already know who he was. If the name didn't give him away, then his tattoos definitely would. "You're from the Water Tribes, aren't you?" And then, because he had barely wrapped his mind about the idea of different dimensions much less different times occurring at once, another thought excitedly occurred to him. "Do you know my friends Sokka and Katara?"

#3 Aang, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Korra likes this.
  4. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Appa. Why did that name sound familiar? It was probably nothing... This now very obvious Airbender wasn't upset at least.

"Yeah, I've met a few sky bison myself," she said with a grin. "Not sure I could handle getting licked by one on a daily basis though." Naga stood up and walked around Aang, sniffing him curiously. "My name's Korra, I'm from the Southern Water Tribe, and... wait..." She frowned slightly as she processed what he just said. His name was Aang and he was looking for a Sokka and Katara? This was too much of a coincidence. "You're not Avatar Aang, right? LIke... the one that beat Firelord Ozai?"

Aang likes this.
  5. Aang

Race:
    Spiritually Bonded Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

She'd what? Aang's surprise was evident on his face as his eyebrows shot up and his mouth dropped open. The herds of sky bison were as clear in his memory as if it'd only been a few years since he'd last seen them, but for the rest of the world, Appa was one of the first in almost a hundred years. And unfortunately, that also meant he was one of the last. But this girl was claiming to have seen to seen quite a few before.

As dangerous as it sometimes was, there was a spark of hope building in Aang's chest. And hope was something he knew the incredible value of.

"You've seen other sky bison?" he asked excitedly, nearly bouncing on the balls of his feet with the urge to take off in whatever direction she pointed him in. There was the possibility that she just meant in Pandora, but even if it was true and he couldn't rebuild the herds back in his own world, he'd give anything to have even a little bit of home here. Becoming a flying bison shepherd didn't seem too bad since this world so far didn't seem to really need him. Not like home did. "Where? And how many? Were there-- Were there any airbenders with them?"

The last part seemed to be Aang getting a little too far ahead of himself, and so he stood up straight and took a breath to calm down. He needed to find his center so that whatever the answer was, it wouldn't deflate him too badly or send him bouncing off the walls.

"I'm the one and only," he assured her, his chest puffing out just the slightest bit despite his frequent insistence that monks didn't have egos. It was hard to not get used to a certain amount of respect being the Avatar, a war hero, and an esteemed diplomat. "It's nice to meet you, Korra. Do you know...well, anyone else from our world that might be here?"

Korra likes this.
  6. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "There's a bunch of sky bison herds around the old air temples. Apparently a lot of them fled during the war and hid themselves away until they were found again. Uh... you were kind of the one that found them." This was so weird and she had no idea how to explain to him what was going on here.

"I, um, I'm pretty sure I'm the Avatar now, at least in the time that I came from. You died of old age about 21 years ago."
    She crossed her arms and gave Aang a suspicious look. "Unless you're not really Aang and someone's tricking me." Korra couldn't hold the expression for too long though, starting to doubt herself. "Or I'm just seeing things again for some reason..."

Aang likes this.
  7. Aang

Race:
    Spiritually Bonded Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Aang tilted his head when Korra told him that there were supposedly sky bison around the Air Temples. As exciting as the news would've been otherwise, his expression probably gave away that he wanted to interrupt and tell her that unfortunately, there weren't any. He should be the one to know considering he'd visited all four Air Temples after the war to check for that very reason, and he hadn't been able to find any trace of survivors.

He and Appa...truly were the last.

But wait, did Korra say that he'd found them anyways? "Oh, I haven't actually--" he started to interrupt sheepishly, before the words died in his throat. His eyes widened as he stared at her, struggling to comprehend what exactly it was that Korra was trying to tell him.

She was the new Avatar? But that wasn't-- that wasn't possible. He was still alive, wasn't he? And this place couldn't do anything to change that. That was what had let him settle in without worrying about everything falling apart with the disappearance of an Avatar back home. Nobody was supposed to notice, and he definitely wasn't supposed to reincarnate. How would that even work?

The color drained from Aang's face as he took a few uncharacterically ungraceful steps backwards, before tripping over a rock and landing on his rear in the sandy dirt. It was all the better too, unless he wanted to have kept backpedaling right off the cliff. He buried his face in his hands as Momo chittered unhappily from the top of Naga's head.

"Oh no," he mumbled before removing his hands to look up at Korra. "What do you mean-- from a different time?" he tried to question, mouth dry. "How do you know all of this? Are you from my future?" But that wasn't really the right question to ask, was it? If Korra was telling the truth, she was his future. Strangely, Aang didn't even think to ask for proof that she wasn't lying. Something inside of him just instinctively knew, the same way he'd been able to look at the statues of the old Avatars and remember their names. His names.

To Korra, he was probably some dusty old statue in the Southern Air Temple too.

Korra likes this.
  8. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Korra thought she was going to have to dive off the cliff to catch Aang, but he stopped before he fell off. "I... I guess I'm from your future. People come here from different places and different times," she said, taking a few steps towards him as she explained. "A friend of mine is here as well, but didn't know any of what happened over the last three years even though I remember her being there. She said she was taken before then." The entire thing still hurt her head, so she stopped thinking too hard about the details of this weird time travel stuff.

"I talked to your spirit before, but you were older than you are now." Korra frowned and tilted her head slightly. "And you were taller too. This is weird..." Really weird, to the point where she really was starting to wonder if this was just her guilt messing with her head again. No, she hadn't even seen Aang at this age before, and she had lost all the other Avatar spirits to speak to. She couldn't access his memories and come up with an illusion like this. "You do look a lot like the big statue they put up in the harbor though."

Aang likes this.
  9. Aang

Race:
    Spiritually Bonded Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Korra's explanation made sense, at least. Well, it made sense in the way things that sounded crazy made sense to crazy people. He nodded as he listened, still trying to process the situation they'd both just found themselves in and what the entire thing meant. He was sure that this was probably much less weird for Korra if she'd met him before in any capacity, even as a spiritual imprint meant only to guide her, but oh man...

Old age wasn't a bad way to go, right?

Aang still looked nervous and maybe even a little sick to his stomach from the shock, but he swallowed past it. One, two, three deep breaths and then he looked up at her, a strangely unreadable look in his eyes. Should he even ask anything else? Would it mess up the timeline somehow? But no, it shouldn't. Not according to what everyone else said, at least.

"Was I..." he tried. "Was I a good Avatar?"

Korra likes this.
  10. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Were you a good Avatar?" Korra asked, unable to keep the amusement out of her voice. "Yeah, you could say that. You kind of helped found a new city out of the pieces of Fire Nation colonies. That's why Republic City has a big staue of you, and some statues of your friends too. You created a new Air Temple in the harbor with a bunch of desciples learning Air Nation culture. You, uh... You had three children and two of them are Airbenders, and you have four grandkids. I'm pretty sure they're all Airbenders too." Korra stopped herself, scratching the back of her head.

"Sorry, that's probably overwhelmeing to hear but... I kind of grew up hearing stories about you and how great you were." It was hard to not constantly compare herself to Aang as she trained in the White Lotus compound, using it to push herself harder and harder. She had to be just as good as him, or what was the point?

Aang likes this.
  11. Aang

Race:
    Spiritually Bonded Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Aang watched her with wide eyes as she explained to him his own future. Republic City? He and Zuko and the other world leaders had been trying to figure out a peaceful long-term solution for colonies like Yu Dao, but...an entirely new blended nation had only been a passing thought of his. And here she was telling him it would really work.

And he got married and he had kids -- airbending kids -- and even more than that, he had airbending grandkids. As he got a little older after the war, of course he'd considered his future and the future of his people, but he was only 15. That was supposed to be a discussion that could wait at least a few years for everything to settle down more and for him and Katara to grow up. Wait, was Katara even his future children's future mother?

Korra was right. This was a little overwhelming.

"...Wow," was all he managed to say, more than a little lost for words. He reached up to rub the back of his neck as he blinked. Trying to wrap his mind around all of it at once was going to take more than a couple seconds. Or minutes. Or days, if he was being honest. But Aang did what he could to give Korra a reassuring smile. "Well... I hope I left the world in good condition for you."

Korra likes this.
  12. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Yeah.... yeah, you did." A little too good of a condition based on how regimented the White Lotus was, but that wasn't exactly Aang's fault either. The Red Lotus had wanted her, not him. And expecting Aang to kill Yakone when he had refused to kill Fire Lord Ozai was a bit ridiculous. No, most of the issues she had to deal with weren't even directly related to Aang's actions, or at least weren't because of any mistakes he'd made. "Didn't stay that way for too long, but It's mostly in one piece now." Mostly. She was sure there were people complaining about the new spirit portal right now. There was always someone complaining about something she did or didn't do.

As if sensing the mood she was about to be in, Naga stood up from where she was sitting obediently, and shoved her head into Korra's side with a whine. Korra caught herself before she was knocked off her feat and rubbed Naga's head.

"What's up with you today?" she asked, smiling slightly.

13. Aang

Race:
    Spiritually Bonded Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Aang laughed sheepishly as his cheeks warmed, though he wasn't sure what exactly it was that he was embarrassed about. The fact that he'd done his job as Avatar? Mostly, he was still just a little bit in shock at absorbing all of this new information. And sure, he wasn't always the ego-less monk he claimed to be, but this was the sum of his whole life that she was talking about. He couldn't help but feel humbled in the face of it.

"I'm sure you're doing great," he assured Korra with a gentle, genuine smile. Just from meeting her, he could already tell that she cared. She was him, after all. And while maybe a part of him felt a little antsy that she was coming from a period of turmoil that he couldn't do anything to help with, most of him just felt...at peace. He didn't think he really needed to if she was on the job. Aang knew what a rare gift it was to be assured of that.

At her question, he glanced behind him at the cliff he'd been meditating on. "I've been trying to contact Roku," he admitted, his expression turning more troubled. "I...don't know what I'm supposed to be doing here." But of course, she was connected to the same circle of reincarnation that he was, and he brightened up a bit at the thought. "Have you had any luck?"

Korra likes this.
  14. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    He was trying to contact Roku? Any sense of being relaxed disappeared in an instant as Korra realized what that meant. Aang was trying to talk to their past lives, something she didn't have access to anymore.

"I...um...n-no, not much luck for me either," she said with a nervous grin. Even if there was something wrong with Aang's ability to contact them, she'd have no idea. Korra hadn't even bothered to check since she got here. "I think there's probably, you know, not the same spirits here as there are in our world, so meditation can't reach them. Maybe they're all stuck in the world we came from." That sounded plausible, right? She could feel Raava's disappointment in her covering up the truth, but she just... wasn't ready to talk about what she'd done, or had allowed to happen. Not to Aang. Not after he'd just expressed confidence in her abilities.