By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Shao, Jun

Discussion in 'Citizens' started by Shao Jun, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Shao Jun

Shao Jun Assassin's Creed

Assassin
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    SHAO JUN
    "She who seeks revenge should remember to dig two graves."

[​IMG]
    Played by Hannah

Fandom: Assassin’s Creed (Embers/Chronicles Series: China)
    Species: Human
    Canon Point: After assassinating Zhang Yong
    NPC Companions: N/A

SKILLS & ABILITIES

Jun's style of combat closely mirrors the Chinese martial art of Wushu. It is close-combat, reliant on Jun's natural agility and grace, being referred to as a "dance of death". The martial art requires her to be flexible, both in armed and unarmed combat.

A dedicated student, Jun first trained under Wang Yangming, to the rank of Initiate. He had to disappear, however, so was replaced with Zhu Jiuyuan, who oversaw her progress to full Assassin, including the Leap of Faith, explained below.

She was also briefly trained by the legendary Ezio Auditore at some point after locating him in Tuscany.

As a concubine, Jun was favoured for her agility and way of discretion, being used in her teenage years as a spy or thief for the Zhengde Emperor. Her extraordinary ability for blending in with the shadows is a key strength she now uses as an assassin, able to evade detection with ease. She can also climb heights and jump across long distances.

One of most important moves of the Brotherhood, and part of Jun's initiation, is the Leap of Faith. When practiced correctly, one can dive off high structures, into a cushioned object such as hay, or leaves, without taking any damage.

Jun also possesses the gift of Eagle Vision. A sixth sense, when used it shows how people and objects to the user, with an aura. For instance, blue for allies, red for enemies or blood and white for information. However, it can only be activated for certain periods of time and is quite taxing to use.

As she is trained in martial arts, Jun was uncomfortable with the usual wrist blade of the assassins. So, she instead designed one to suit her strengths; a hidden shoe blade that could be used in close combat. It is extremely deadly, and can perforate an enemies’ jugular with just one kick. It varies in placement; in Embers, it was hidden on her right foot, in Chronicles, on her left.

The weapon she wields in most combat is a Chinese Jian, perfect for blocking attacks and delivering heavy and light blows. She learned much from fighting off Templar Agents using this weapon.

Underneath her braces, Jun has hidden knives, so thin they are more like needles, able to cause an enemy minor to serious damage, depending on where they hit. They are also useful for cutting ropes and removing obstructions.

Other equipment includes smokes bombs and firecrackers to blind an enemy, so she can either sneak past them or take them down, and noise darts to cause a distraction and lead them astray.

She also designed a rope dart, which she uses to cling to ceilings or swing across large gaps. This, along with her designing her own blade above, shows she is very intelligent, destined for much more than the life of a concubine.

Jun’s weapons are also chosen to be easily concealed, apart from her Jian. There is nothing about her that particularly stands out, an image she has deliberately crafted that plays to her strengths.

As showcased above, Jun is a fast and keen learner. During her travels, she relished exploring new places and learning from different cultures. Along with Italy, she traveled around much of Europe, notably Spain. This helped to further hone her training.

Although not as full of a youthful, wide-eyed innocence as she once was, having become hardened over the years, Jun is still fairly approachable and is willing to help those in need.

An item of note on her person is a necklace, engraved with the Assassin insignia.

WEAKNESSES

Shao Jun is still very much human and isn't immune to being killed, injured or contracting illness.

In the initial stages of tracking down the Eight Tigers, Jun had hatred in her heart and vengeance was what drove her; even the words of her mentor, Wang, did little to quell her negative feelings. It was only when he died by Zhang's hand did Jun realise that revenge was pointless if everyone she cared for kept dying. This shows, that, despite her tendency to be driven by not always the right reasons, Jun has a capacity to learn from her mistakes and acknowledge when she is wrong.

When Jun wants to understand or obtain something, especially to do with the Assassin Order, nothing stops her. Although this can be seen as a strength, she also goes against convention or the wishes of others. An example is, upon meeting Ezio and initially receiving no help, she infiltrated his study. However, her actions were sincere and she merely wanted to gain knowledge, despite him initially being furious. The consequences, however, could be a lot worse if it were someone else.

FREEFORM

(TW: Contains references to torture and bloodshed.)

I was born into captivity. The daughter of a concubine, my life was determined for me from the first dawning of the sun. I was destined to follow in the footsteps of those who came before me, in a life of servitude that would grant me no freedom. My early years were spent in the shadows, something that would I do later in life, but for a much greater cause.

One incident is still firmly ingrained in my memories. I was very young, around five years old. Liu Jin, the then-leader of the Eight Tigers, had plotted to assassinate the Zhengde Emperor. He was discovered, and sentenced to Ling Chi, or “death by a thousand cuts.” I was a witness to his torture. It took two days for him to die. I never forgot that, or the cruelty the Emperor could bring.

By age thirteen, I had come under notice of the Zhengde Emperor. He was taken with my skills for dancing and deception and I was often sent on missions to spy or steal, along with entertaining the people he welcomed into his court. I was one of the fortunate not to bound, feet or otherwise, nor did I ever service the Emperor any other way than through my natural talents.

Things were thrown into chaos when the Zhengde Emperor died in 1521. There was much turmoil over who would succeed him, as he died without a heir. I was determined not to be cast out, but in my investigation, I uncovered something much more important. I pieced together the Tigers, working for the Templar Order, were plotting to put a puppet Emperor on the throne and overthrow China in the process. I contacted their established enemies, a Brotherhood of Assassin’s, and, once they broke into the palace, I joined them.

I dedicated my life to those who freed me and gave me a chance of a better life. My first years were spent under the mentorship of Wang Yingmang, until he had to disappear. I became a full Assassin under Zhu Jiuyuan.

Years later, I attempted to free my fellow concubines, who had I consider my friends. But it was too late; most of them had been killed, tortured under the orders of the Zhengde Emperor's cousin, Zhu Houcong. He was also the successor. I tried to convince my old friend, Zhang, to come with us, but she chose to stand and withstand the Emperor's cruelty, now the Imperial Consort. I left her in peace, as I knew how important it was to her, and I hoped she'd be safe.

Under The Jiajing Emperor, most of the Chinese Brotherhood were purged, wiped out. My mentor Zhu Jiuyuan and I had no choice to but escape, and we sought out Ezio Auditore in Italy, a mentor whose reputation was untold. The state of the Brotherhood there was no better than in China; barely anyone was left alive. Things only worse when we realised we'd be followed to Italy by Templar Agents. Zhu sacrificed himself so that I might live; I can never repay what my Mentor did, but I hope I did my best to avenge him.

I arrived at the Mentor's villa and first met his daughter, Flavia. He initially saw me as a threat, but once I told all I wanted to do was help the Order, he took me to Florence and explained what had happened to him in his past. His lesson was one I won't forget; he showed me the Palazzo della Signoria. Half of his family had been hung there.

The trouble hadn't ended. We were confronted by an Imperial Solider. I managed to stop him, but that night, after he'd told me how he'd reformed the Brotherhood in Rome and Constantinopole and defeated the Borgia family, the villa was ambushed by soldiers. We worked together to defeat them, then I helped Ezio recuperate.

Before I left, I was given a small box, along with what knowledge I'd gained. The trip back to China would be a long one, but I now had a new resolve and much to do. After traveling through Europe, I reunited with my old Mentor, Wang, in China. He told me about the box and its importance, that it was an artefact. I was torn between rebuilding the Brotherhood and seeking vengeance for those who killed my brothers and sisters.

Wang told me to use the box to lure the Tigers in. Through their death at my hands, a new China would rise from the ashes, one with freedom.

It took many years and I lost my Mentor Wang, in the process, but the plan worked. All of the Eight Tigers were slain and met a fate they deserved. I lost the box in the process, but I realised as I stand here, Zhang Yong dead and Wang avenged...that vengeance is not the way forward. It is pointless if everyone I care for dies. No, the future is what is important. I may be the last of my kind in China for now, but I will rebuild the Chinese Assassin Brotherhood, recruit those who wish to fight again men like Zhang Yong, and the people of this country will see freedom. The Templar world will not come be, it will not win.

#1 Shao Jun, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. Shao Jun

Shao Jun Assassin's Creed

Assassin
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    She is ready for review!

3. Duck

Duck shia le beowulf
    Application Division

your application is
    ACCEPTED

I won't lie, I was not aware of this game, but she looks so cool.

Have fun, Hannah!

Shao Jun likes this.