By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Sit down; it's just a talk

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Abigail Hobbs, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Abigail Hobbs

Abigail Hobbs Hannibal

Cashier/Scooper at Scoops Ahoy
    Race:
    Human
    October 2nd. Y109.
    @Justin L. McCay

Abigail picked up a bottle of wine and was tempted to drink straight out of it. She could slip into a drunken daze and pretend that she'd only dreamed about what she'd found in Justin's room. That would be cowardly though. She had to be stronger for these girls than she'd been for her father's victims.

She poured herself a glass and stared at it. Red, the color of blood. How fitting. She twirled the glass in her hand, watching the liquid swirl around, sniffed it, and then took a taste. There was no pleasure, no detecting of aromas or flavors. Her mind was too clouded to enjoy it. She frowned, gulped down the rest of the glass, then washed it and put it away. She put the bottle away too. She'd need the rest later.

Abigail set out newspaper articles about the killings on the coffee table in the living room. She arranged them out in order making a grisly timeline. Justin hadn't been home for any of the killings. She was certain of that.

Next to the articles, she made a small pile of the photos and trophies she'd found. One of them was a locket. She'd been careful handling them, wearing gloves. She stayed careful as she picked it up and stared at the picture inside. It was of a young woman with eyes similar to the victim. Maybe the victim's sister? "I'm sorry." Abigail whispered to the photo and closed the locket again. She set it down and picked up a watch, engraved with the words 'Be loved' Not beloved. Maybe it was advice. Find someone to love her, or to love herself. Instead, the woman found Justin and ended up dead. Abigail shook her head and set the watch down, staring at the door.

As soon as Justin came out, Abigail called out to him. "Justin? I'm in the living room. We need to talk."

Justin L. McCay likes this.
  2. Justin L. McCay

Justin L. McCay Midnight Ride

Escaped Mental Patient
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

The sound of Abigail’s voice had his face lighting up in delight, although the feeling didn’t last long. WE NEED TO TALK. That phrase plunged him into gloom and gnawing dread.

WE NEED TO TALK, Nurse Mabel had said before revoking his TV privileges after the Nature Documentary Incident. WE NEED TO TALK, Doctor Hardy had said before confiscating all water bottles from Justin’s room after the Electric Socket Incident. WE NEED TO TALK, Mister Keaton had said before announcing Mister Chaplin’s intention to transfer him to the BAD hospital.

Did Abigail plan to revoke his TV privileges or confiscate his water bottles or transfer him to a BAD duplex? WHY? What had he done to upset his twin? He hadn’t tried to hurt the dogs or start a fire or take pictures of her neck, although he would really like to take pictures of her neck.

Straightening his shoulders in a bid to look INNOCENT, he strode briskly into the living room, slowing when he spotted the newspaper articles and his private stash of photos and mementos spread out across the coffee table like an elaborate coffee table cloth.

She must’ve gone rummaging around in his room, although this did not anger him. He was used to the orderlies at both the good and BAD hospitals regularly going through his possessions, making sure that he hadn’t managed to squirrel away a knife at breakfast, a glass vase (emptied of water and flowers) from the hallway or a particularly long, sharp piece of rock out of the garden. They had often left his room with at least one bag worth of potentially hazardous items.

“Hey,” he smiled with boyish INNOCENCE at Abigail. “Do you like the jewellery?”

Abigail Hobbs likes this.
  3. Abigail Hobbs

Abigail Hobbs Hannibal

Cashier/Scooper at Scoops Ahoy
    Race:
    Human
    Abigail watched Justin carefully as he walked into the room, wondering if he used that innocent look to lure his victims into trusting him. She'd seen him use it before with customers and Burke at Scoops while he'd been tainting the food.

Justin seemed so much taller while she was sitting; it made him look more dangerous. Abigail patted the couch cushion next to her. "C'mon, sit down." If he did join her, she'd reach out and hold his hand to remind him that she was not the enemy. She never wanted to be that and not simply because she feared him, she still cared about him too. He was her new found family.

"I do like the jewellery." Abigail said in answer to his question. The pieces must have special significance to him, since he kept them. She'd been looking for a common element in them, trying to figure out how his mind worked. "I've never seen you wear such delicate pieces. They're more feminine than your usual style." He did pretend often; she could imagine him dressing like his victims and wanting to take on their identities.

Abigail knew there was another possibility. She cleared her throat and asked. "Or you were going to give them to me as a gift?" That was an even scarier option. He'd dress her up and then recreate his crimes.

Justin L. McCay likes this.
  4. Justin L. McCay

Justin L. McCay Midnight Ride

Escaped Mental Patient
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Justin perched down next to Abigail, smiling as she took hold of his hand. What she wanted to talk about couldn’t have been TOO bad if she was touching him. Maybe she wanted to complain about him leaving the toilet seat up or trying to squeeze too much garbage into the garbage bin in the kitchen.

He let out a short, loud laugh, amused that she thought HE would want to wear the jewellery. That was crazy. SHE was crazy. He only dressed up as other men… Other Justins.

His grin faded at her last question. He hadn’t thought about Abigail. He SHOULD have thought about Abigail, which made him feel bad. She deserved all of the gifts in the world! She was so smart and kind and helpful and she made him feel good, because she LIKED him! He must, must, MUST remember to buy or make her presents more often!

“I just like to look at them,” he admitted quietly. “If I’m looking at a necklace or a bracelet or an earring or something else that belonged to a BAD person, I can switch off the TV in my head for a little while. It’s why I take pictures. I can look at those instead of the TV. It makes me feel good.” He paused to give her a warm, admiring grin. “Like you do. Know what I mean?”

He gave her hand a gentle squeeze, wondering whether to kiss her in a dirty way (giggle), but you weren’t supposed to kiss your twin sister in a dirty way (giggle).

“You can have the jewellery,” he offered generously. “I’ll just COLLECT some more stuff to look at when I feel bad.” He reached out with his free hand, picking up a dainty silver necklace and dangling it in front of her face. It had a royal blue pendant, which flashed in the light. “This would look GOOD on you. It goes really well with your eyes. You’re so pretty, Abigail.”