By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private someone will be right with you

Discussion in 'Otherworld' started by Elizabeth, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

January 1
    @Ren Amamiya

The truly wonderful thing about the Velvet Room was that it was one of the few spaces in existence where specifics didn’t always need to matter. It was formed by the consciousness of the one for whom it was intended, and things like “why” or “how” tended to fade into the background, and such wildcards who were allowed access invariably stopped caring. There was no logical reason for her to know anything without preparation, but all the same, Elizabeth understood the situation as soon as she stepped foot into the Velvet Room in question.

Such questions existed, of course, even for her. Her master was nowhere to be found, and none of her siblings were in sight either. The general aesthetic of the room was rather peculiar, as well--bars and chains made for dreadful ambiance, but she had never been one to judge. She decided she could push aside such concerns for the moment as her golden eyes scanned around. They fell upon something important easily enough, and she allowed gloved fingers to lace together as her palms rested on the table in front of her.

A strange wildcard was staring back at her.

“Welcome to…” she faltered, and tilted her head after a moment’s pause, “...what I’m sure is your Velvet Room. My name is Elizabeth.”

She was flashing him a warm smile, despite a growing void in her chest. After a few more silent moments, she broke the silence with what she thought was the most pressing question. “If I’m not imposing, can you tell me who you are? I’m afraid I’m unsure of the purpose for which I was summoned.”

Elizabeth had been certain that despite any tensions that surrounded her journey outside of her service to Igor, she could have done so without reprimand. For her to find herself back to her old home, such as it was, was rather unsettling.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  2. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    A familiar feeling pulled within Ren as he drifted to sleep; eyes opening to the walls of the Velvet Room. It had been...awhile since he was called here. Part of him had accepted that Margaret's attention would likely be more latched to Yu, since he showed up in Pandora. It was her Wildcard. Likely a welcomed break after the rest of them just seemed to cause her stress.

Ren sat up from his cot within the jail-cell, not surprised to see the door unlocked and open. Since coming to terms with a few things after the apocalypse, his Velvet Room was slowly relaxing. Still a prison, but he was free to roam.

It was when his eyes lifted to Margaret's typical spot, that he froze.

Change in the Velvet Room put him on edge. It had taken some time for him to even half-trust Margaret, let alone accept that it was a space to help - not harm him. There had been a short time when his Velvet Room had functioned correctly; the proper Igor sitting behind the desk, and Lavenza standing at his side. It had been too brief to feel real.

She started speaking, causing Ren to quietly move out of his cell and into a chair that was just outside; a knee brought to his chest, while the other sat on the ground. His clothes still that of a prisoner, despite his freedom within the room.

Elizabeth.

"Amamiya," his arms crossed in front of his chest, feeling on edge. He didn't like this, "Ren."

She...seemed nice enough. Closer to his age, then Margaret was. Actually was smiling. Ren wanted to trust her, but still felt...weird about it.

He'd just be cautious for now.

"Did something happen to Margaret? She's normally here," he began, tapping on his leg slightly as he spoke.

Elizabeth likes this.
  3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

One of the things Elizabeth understood with certainty with regards to the Velvet Room was that any individual new to its existence had ample cause for alarm, yet fate had chosen for itself quite several...cavalier residents. Amamiya Ren wasn’t necessarily “calm” in any meaningful sense, but at the same time, she had always wondered why more people hadn’t ever lost their composure more than widened eyes and a shrug of their shoulders. It was something she had been intrigued about with Minato, and she saw the same qualities in this boy. Perhaps.

At the very least, the way his arms were crossed made him look like he was giving himself a hug. How uplifting.

“Margaret?” Elizabeth echoed the name back, placing a finger to her chin. The name was obviously familiar, but something about the...order of the proceedings seemed foul. For a landscape that made grand changes seemingly at the drop of the hat, there were certain aspects that simply stayed the same. “I suppose things could have changed since I was gone. She was due.”

There were layers to the meaning, of course, but she left it at that. At the very least, Elizabeth had taken great care of Minato, but her abrupt exit created need where none usually existed. To that notion, she could only shrug.

“And I must further surmise that you are another Wild Card,” she continued, taking her eyes off of Ren to examine her surroundings, despite directing her words at him. “Either way, no, my sister doesn’t appear to be present, nor does my master. Troubling, no?”

She breathed out a sigh, noticing the nervous pattering of his palms against his legs.

“I don’t normally say this, Amamiya-san, but it would appear that you know more about this particular room than I. Would that be a feasible conclusion?”

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  4. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Ren continued to just sort of...watch Elizabeth, as she managed to recognize but not fully answer his question about Margaret. She...seemed to know her at least. Hopefully she wasn't another wayward God that had taken over the Velvet Room. She'd probably be less confused if she was. More subtle.

Or this was just history repeating itself, and he was about to have a very rough year.
    Not again. Please, not again.

"Yeah, I'm a Wildcard," he quietly watched as she studied her surroundings, "You're...new to here, aren't you? Pandora?" he slowly realized - relaxing slightly, "You're another Wildcard's attendant...?" a half-question - Ren slowly putting the pieces together himself. This wasn't a danger, but just...someone new. Someone confused. Someone he could maybe give a hand by pointing her in the right direction.

"Igor...isn't here," he explained, "Margaret has been handling the Wildcards in Pandora on her own. It's..." he made a motion with his hand, "Another-another reality. Not like..." he hesitated, trying to remember the other-world names he had heard from the Wildcards, "the Metaverse, or Midnight Channel...or...Dark Hour," he shifted in his seat, leg bouncing slightly as he spoke, "It's another whole world."

At her words, a small smile pulled at his lips - hand scratching his neck as he glanced around his Velvet Room. Margaret, too, hadn't exactly liked the fact this was the shape of his heart.

"Yeah...I'm used to this shape for the Velvet Room," he admitted, "I've...got some problems I'm slowly working out," a sad laugh falling from his lips, "Sorry."

Elizabeth likes this.
  5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

Elizabeth’s expression remained the same as Ren spoke--a polite smile, though her eyes were wider than she intended, and the way her visage froze made her features seem tight. She understood the words that this strange new boy was speaking, and though he appeared to speak from experience, the introduction of new concepts, like this “Pandora,” was rather confusing, and that was putting it mildly. Ultimately, when his explanation was over, she broke from her apparent trance and looked around again, this time more intently, as though she had been alerted for new parameters to search.

“...Is this what humans call ‘being punked?’” Elizabeth found herself asking, though after a beat, she visibly winced and breathed out a sigh. “Am I still using that wrong? No matter.”

The blonde attendant rose from her seat, reaching down to straighten out her skirt as she began to move around the table. As she rounded the furniture and stopped on the other side to lean back against it, she mimicked his body language by crossing her arms. That sort of self-comfort felt oddly harrowing, and she wondered if she was doing it wrong--though perhaps her new situation was what sealed that particular deal. She hummed in thought, twisting her lips.

“You’re rather well-informed, so I assume you’ve passed your ordeal. Well done,” she offered as warmly as she could, under their shared circumstances. “If this Pandora is but another, then I’ll simply have to figure it out. You and your Wild Card compatriots have at least given me the courage to try.”

She paused, still taking in the room. “For what it’s worth, you have my sympathy.”

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  6. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Ren smiled, relaxing further as Elizabeth asked if she was being 'punked'. She was...rather different than Margaret, and the twins. More like someone his age. Someone...sort of like him, in a strange way. He knew typically the Velvet Room attendants were meant to help, rather than...idly threaten, like his mostly did until the end. He had heard stories from the others, and continued to feel like his Velvet Room was nothing like it should have been.

"You're using it right," a gentle smile on his face, "But I'm telling the truth."

Ren silently watched as Elizabeth moved to the front of the table - mirroring his pose as she leaned back against it. His eyes fell as she mentioned his 'ordeal' - it seemed at the heart of every Wildcard's life; some sort of purpose that they were given the power to stop. Though, again, things were slightly twisted in his version.

"Yeah," he admitted, scratching his neck, "My world-ending event was Yaldabaoth taking over the Velvet Room, cutting the attendant in half into twins who didn't remember, and then combined reality into the Metaverse," he laughed under his breath - it sounded tired, "Which is pretty normal for a Wildcard from what I understand."

There was a pause after saying she'd give this world a try - before giving her condolences over Ren's state of heart.

"It's better than it used to be. Normally I'm locked in that cell," he motioned behind him, "I've heard the other Wildcards have...better Velvet Rooms," he made a motion with his hand, "Less...whatever this is."

He paused, suddenly feeling uncomfortable about the state of his heart.
    It was getting better at least.

"...What's your Wildcard's name?" his voice gentle, as he leaned forward in his seat slightly, "There's several of us, so he might already be in Pandora."

Elizabeth likes this.
  7. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

Her predicament was serious, Elizabeth supposed, but she couldn’t help but feel a wave of relief rush over her as he assured her of her correct usage of human slang. She felt no need to vocalize it, necessarily, but she was certain he wouldn’t believe the number of times she had used that particular phrase wrong. It wasn’t so much that she didn’t understand its meaning, but rather she had trouble understanding what humans considered being “punked.” Minor misunderstandings and grand, sweeping catastrophes seemed to hold the same meaning to many people.

Nevertheless, the attendant consciously refocused herself, as there were many pressing matters to attend to. Amamiya-san had asked her a question that made her stomach feel funny, but the juxtaposition between that line of questioning and the situation made her wonder. She breathed in a deep breath through her nostrils, and let it out through her mouth.

“Towards the former topic, I meant no offense, of course. Your level of relative freedom should be met with praise,” she offered matter-of-factly, still smiling with hands folded politely in front of her. “I simply hope that you are continuing your journey. To master one’s own prison cell is a rather low aspiration if it does not extend beyond.”

She thought to leave it at that, and didn’t dwell in the slightest on how that message could have been taken. Elizabeth had always considered that form of encouragement to be part of her job, and wished desperately that helpfulness could be part of the nature of anyone.

“Towards the latter...his name was Minato Arisato,” Elizabeth recalled warmly.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  8. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Maybe someday his Velvet Room would be something normal. Instead of a prison, it could be the original Cafe Leblanc - as it had been with all the Phantom Thieves present during the Calamity. Even if this place had shifted from one of harm to helpfulness, it was still a prison; something that put him on edge on the best of days. As someone who normally kept his darker thoughts to himself, it felt...far too exposing to see his current mental state reflected in a room. Shackles been tightened and released depending on his state of being.

Ren's eyes dropped at her strange comment about his Velvet Room. Yeah...he knew he could do better. Push harder, so he wasn't just a rogue prisoner within his own heart. He knew she hadn't meant it as an insult, even if it stung a bit. Velvet Room attendants were just...different. Margaret's opinion of his room and state about the same as hers - just more subtly stated.

"I...hope to get there someday," he admitted with a subtle shrug, "It'd...be nice if my Velvet Room wasn't a prison."

A smile pulled at Ren's lips - feeling the most at ease since coming into this slightly-different Velvet Room. It was always nice to give someone good news.

"He's...here. In Pandora," he nodded, "He's...more of a friend of a friend," fiance of a 'friend', but he didn't really feel like that was his place to reveal, "But I know him."

Elizabeth likes this.
  9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

For all her naivety, Elizabeth could read faces. She couldn’t always pinpoint exactly what the reaction signified, but she had learned enough body language from Minato to know that, from his slumped shoulders and pensive expression, what she had said had hurt him to some degree. She thought back to her comment and wondered what could possibly have been cause, and found little reason in it. To that she could only shrug and hope for a better future for their budding acquaintance.

“I have every confidence that you will, Amamiya,” she offered softly.

They continued onto the subject of her own Wild Card friendship, and to her surprise, the two of them had been acquainted. She narrowed her eyes harmlessly, inspecting the young man in a different light. It was difficult to glean anything from any of them without their school uniforms, she’d come to discover, but she had no trouble believing that they could be from the same region. At the very least, the fact that they shared both abilities and dimension meant that a union could be possible.

As soon as those particular wheels in her head spun, she felt a small flutter in her heart that made her worry. She had been so consumed with ending the boy’s condition that she hadn’t considered what she would do if the two of them had ever met again. Perhaps there was a part of her that felt hopeless towards that cause, and it shamed her.

“I...:” she began, though she paused as she considered it further. “I believe you. I can sense his presence, and that...pleases me.”

Elizabeth began to giggle, and fought back a swelling moisture from her tear ducts.

“What a remarkable opportunity,” she continued, though something soon occurred to her. “Although...what sort of place is this? What place do you have in it?”

Ren Amamiya likes this.