By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Something Strange at School

Discussion in 'Schola Praeditos' started by Danny Fenton, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Danny Fenton

Danny Fenton Danny Phantom

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    June 15th, Year 108
    @Geralt of Rivia

Danny yawned, his muscles sort and bruising already starting to form underneath the black and white ectosuit. Even if his advanced healing meant they wouldn't be there for long, they still freaking hurt. Shoto really didn't hold back. At first, Danny's numerous powers helped him have an edge, but Shoto was quick and clever. Danny was... well, Danny. He could be clever when pushed, but Shoto could be something else. He really kept Danny on his toes. And full of bruises.

Running a gloved hand through his white hair, Danny heaved a sigh and plodded back to the dorm room. The hot summer sun beat down on his back and his icy ghost core protested. Desperate to cool himself off on the walk from the training grounds to the dorms, Danny made a snowball and held it to the back of his neck. The effect was immediate. "Much better," Danny breathed in relief. The best part, it was ghost ice so it didn't melt nearly as fast as the regular stuff. "Wonder if I could make snow cones with this?"

Once at the dorms, Danny tossed what remained of his snowball onto the grass and headed inside. Silence greeted him. The common area was totally deserted. Not surprising. It was summer. Barely anyone remained at the school over summer break. Danny stretched, not even bothering to look around properly before summoning the transformation rings. They appeared around his waist, glowing with whatever power drove him. Then they split, traveling up and down the length of his body to transform Danny Phantom back into Danny Fenton.

Geralt of Rivia likes this.
  2. Geralt of Rivia

Geralt of Rivia The Witcher

Monster Hunter
    Race:
    Witcher
    Geralt usually preformed his own autopsies on monsters but sometimes they were too bizarre, anatomy he couldn't understand without some more advanced steps. And the best place to look would be an academy of mages. He had two bodies, same species, they had been bipedal, blue skinned, sleek in texture, raptor like lower limbs, humanoid hands like children's. Their heads were the strangest part, clear orbs of flesh, no visible mouth but when they'd charged him and Roach they had both been glowing like headlights on a car. It was strange, as if they had been trying to get him to swerve away. Too bad they hadn't been making any noise like a car and cars didn't work in the Vales. The two bodies were completely alien to any understanding Geralt had so he wanted an explanation. But as he walked across the grounds his medallion reacted to a familiar force. And he spotted that force walking across the grass.

The ghost boy, the one who'd worked with him to quell the threat of a Noonwraith. But he'd heard some stories afterwards, mass destruction, injuries, he'd been a menace. But it didn't meld well with what Geralt had seen. He had to figure things out, especially if he was surrounded by magic, potent magic. Geralt suck after the boy, keeping low and moving fast. Where the hell was he going? He stopped at the entrance to the common and watched, as the ghost...transformed into a human. That was...new. "What the hell are you?"

Danny Fenton likes this.
  3. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    A sudden voice asking the worst question made Danny's heart leapt out of his chest. He actually jumped, letting out an undignified and high pitched yelp. Danny knew that voice. Oh, that was bad. He knew that voice. "Please don't be him, please don't be him." Danny chanted under his breath. Slowly, he turned to face none other than Geralt. It'd been a while since Danny last saw Gertalt, but the guy knew a thing or two about how to take out ghosts. Sure, most of his tricks didn't work specifically on Danny. That sword of his though absolutely would.

"Crud." Danny raised a hand to gave the hunter a weak wave and an even weaker smile. Guilt clearly painted his face. "Any chance you're asking if I'm a magic student?" Danny's smile faltered and withered away into nothingness. They both knew what Geralt was asking about. Last time they met, Danny told Geralt that he was a ghost. That's what he told everyone in ghost form.

Hanging his head, Danny heaved a resigned sighed. Maybe, if he was lucky, this wouldn't end in a fight... Too bad he was almost never lucky. "Is there like, a bounty on my head or something? Cus if there is, I really don't want to answer that question. No offense."

4. Geralt of Rivia

Monster Hunter
    Race:
    Witcher
    What the hell was going on? He'd been ready to attack the kid, he'd been duped the last time they met, or at least that's the rationale after news hit him over what had happened. The kid hadn't killed anyone he knew of but the destruction he was clearly trying a lot of time. But this kid was definitely not a one man Wild Hunt burning everything in his path. This was a kid who was clearly worried about what was going on. Geralt didn't reach for the sword yet, he still wanted to understand what was going on. If the kid had been controlled that made sense, his mind had been messed up in the head before. By the woman he loved of all things, well that when he fell in love with her. They're relationship was complex and this kid's story was probably very complex. He leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms. He may have thought the kid wasn't full guilty he wasn't about to soften his attitude, a little intimidation got more honest answers.

"No bounty yet, but I've heard what happened? So why don't you explain what happened, why you aren't a ghost, and why I shouldn't try to hunt you?"

Danny Fenton likes this.
  5. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Wait, really?" No bounty? Like, at all? Huh... Danny's luck actually worked for once. Maybe it was all the time he spent with Qrow finally balancing out his karmic checkbook. That or something worse was right around the corner. Crud. Probably the latter. Still, Danny was gonna take what he could get at the moment. His needed to not get shot or sliced to bits by a hunter first.

"Also, I am a ghost. Kind of. It's a long story. Point is, I'm enough of a ghost that necromancers are still a pain in my backside. I... kinda met one a while back and he's the reason I turned all Jack the Ripper on everyone." Danny looked away, ashamed and guilt laden still. Even if it wasn't totally his fault, he still felt like he could have fought back harder. Done more.

"As for that last one... because I'm cute?" Danny smiled with a stupid shrug. "I don't know, why are you asking me? It doesn't matter what I say because in the end you're gonna do whatever you want no matter what I say. Just, can we not fight here? Because I really don't want to expelled."

6. Geralt of Rivia

Monster Hunter
    Race:
    Witcher
    Geralt nodded, he wondered what exactly it meant to kind of a ghost? A ghost was a ghost weren't they? You couldn't be a half ghost that would mean the kid was...half...dead. Geralt could hear the irregular heartbeat of the kid and just stared. What the hell was he even getting involved in? The necromancer sounded about right, the right curse could corrupt a lot of spirits, and with no way to address it until the curse was diagnosed then he would be stuck like that until someone found a way to break it. Geralt stepped off the doorframe and nodded. This was all making sense, the shift in morality and then the seeming shift back and his unwillingness to attack in a situation that could've gone very bad. Geralt dropped his guard finally and flicked his amulet to stop the shake.

"You're fine, i'm here to get something looked at by a biologist." He turned and looked around the room. "University is pretty different from the ones I knew. Much younger students."

Danny Fenton likes this.
  7. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Danny nearly collapsed from relief. He liked Geralt. Sure, they didn't exactly see eye to eye when it came to dealing with baddies, but Geralt wasn't a bad person. He didn't jump to conclusions or instantly try to snuff Danny out on principle or for greed. Geralt actually listened. That was a lot more than Danny could say about most hunters. Also Danny wasn't sure he could actually beat Geralt in a fight.

"Something? Maybe I can help." Danny offered, trying his best to be helpful. He sorta owed Geralt that much for not trying to end him.

"I don't think the Schola really counts as a university. It's more... a high school for weirdos I guess? Most of the students are teenagers." Danny cringed inwardly as he was starting to get too old for the school. While he doubted anyone would actually kick him out, Danny felt like he was approaching some invisible line. Either he'd have to start teaching classes or he'd need to find somewhere else to live. That was a problem for later, one he didn't want to think about.

8. Geralt of Rivia

Monster Hunter
    Race:
    Witcher
    Geralt didn't know how much of what Danny did he was really responsible for, the whole session was strange, how does a ghost get possessed basically? He shook his head and looked around, if this wasn't a university it had to be the most in depth highschool he'd seen..well since he found out what that word meant. Geralt thought for a second, he didn't know how much the kid knew about biology but if he could get him a table to study at then he'd be fine with having an extra hand. "I got the bodies on my horse., we'll take a look at them, any labs with dissection tables?" If these things weren't unique he needed to know what oils would harm them and if there was any other tricks they could come at him with. He trusted the kid could come through if he was offering help. "Never seen anything like them, not even sure if they're humanoid or undead or anything I can explain using my worlds designations."

He lead the boy out to the tied up corpses, strange fluids still pooling in the wounds but none had dripped out yet. Their sleek blue bodies were large for Roach but the horse had stayed strong, the loyal horse he was. "Here they are."

Danny Fenton likes this.
  9. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Bodies?

Danny visibly paled. He remembered Geralt's usual methods of dealing with the supernatural and his mind instantly went to the worse case scenario. Danny didn't do bodies. That was... no! Yes, he liked Geralt but seriously? Then again, Geralt knew how squeamish Danny could get. Maybe this was a test? Geralt wanted to make sure that Danny was actually himself. Either way, Danny seriously started to look green.

"Uhhhh... is now the best time to tell you the most I've dissected is a robot frog?" Okay, he didn't exactly get to dissect that, but it came close. Also, dissection in general brought made Danny squeamish as well; mostly thanks to his parents who constantly threatened to dissect him without even realizing it.

For all his protests, Danny still found himself following Geralt. Why? He sure didn't know! The more the walked, the paler Danny grew until finally they stopped in front of what looked like massive dogs bred with insects and then raised in the world place in the universe only to meet their end at Geralt's blade. So not human corpses, which was good. But still not pleasant for totally different reasons. "Uh, ew."