By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes I'm Classy

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Shane Walsh, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh Guest

Sometimes I'm Classy
    June 7th, Year 7

It had felt like a while since he'd been on a date. A real date, not one of those evenings where you were to drunk to remember half of it other than how hot the girl he was taking home looked. No, Shane hadn't been on a real date in a while. And while Shane wasn't exactly sure that this was a date, it might as well have been for him. It's not like he was giving his number out to random chicks to be friends. But Karen seemed different. She actually had self esteem and carried herself in a way that was way sexier than what he was used to dealing with. Showed how far he'd fallen, right?

He'd texted her a few times and convinced her to meet up with him at the hole in the wall restaurant in Silverpool. A friend had recommended it and while it was a little pricier than he was used to, Shane decided it was time to turn up a little. What the hell. Even if nothin' came of this evening, he was tired of dealing with whores anyway. Normal chicks didn't seem to pay him much mind anymore like they used to. He was too wild now and not the good kind. The apocalypse did that to people. It was one of those unspoken things about Pandora that a lot of them had been to hell and back. The only problem was, even then he still felt like he was standing alone in a crowded room.

But in that crowded room, the ghosts of Rick and Lori and Carl stood in the corner, watching

Shane had come a little early for dinner, making sure they got the reservation. He wasn't dressed particularly fancy, as he didn't really own a suit anymore. No, he was wearing a jacket over a brown t-shirt and jeans. Typical Shane wear, only this time, there weren't holes or dirt on it somewhere. He sat in the small lobby of the restaurant and rubbed his hands.

Alright Shane. Don't fuck this up.

Karen seemed like a nice gal. Maybe he would learn a bit about his so called doppleganger too. There had been that period of time where everyone had an evil twin running around, but the rumors about his twin had started before that. Considering Karen seemed to have honestly thought he was someone else, she would be a good way to check and see if it was more than coincidence.

Made by Octi!

@Karen Page

Karen Page likes this.
  2. Karen Page

Karen Page Marvel Universe

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    What are you doing, Karen?

She eyed herself in the mirror, putting the last bit of lipstick on before heading out the door. Was this a date? Karen couldn't pretend that she wasn't curious about Shane. But she hadn't been on a date since Matt, and she wasn't sure going out with Frank Castle's doppelganger was exactly healthy. Granted, he was a completely different man to Frank in many ways, and there were some kinks to their appearance that was different, but at the foundation -- they were identical. Same height, same eyes, same lips. Everything. It was fascinating, and yet another mystery for Karen to unravel.

She didn't want to see this as a date, but it sure felt like one. She was even dressing up for it, and felt strangely nervous as she headed for Silverpool. Karen normally had a pretty good radar for men and people in general. Shane was confident, maybe even a little cocky, and he knew women liked him. But he was interesting and charming and he'd made the effort with Karen, so well... What was holding her back? What did one drink, one meal hurt? Karen had bit the bullet and agreed.

But there was something else to Shane. Something dangerous, and not in the good kind of way. He was wild. Out of control. Karen knew little about his past, but she hoping this date -- this meal, whatever it was, would help her understand him a little better. They'd had fun at the bar, but she'd picked up on the darker side to his personality, and she wondered if she was making a mistake. Still, she found herself at the restaurant soon enough and spotted him straight away.

He looked smart, handsome, and maybe even a little nervous himself. This softened Karen and she smiled, walking over to meet him. "You look nice," she commented, slightly relieved that he wasn't wearing a suit. While she normally loved a guy in a suit, it made her relax and less self-conscious about what she was wearing. A slim-fit dress with high heels. Simple, and not too overbearing. Nothing too fancy.

Shane Walsh likes this.
  3. Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh Guest

When the door opened to reveal Karen, Shane paused as he looked at her. Damn. Okay she'd taken this seriously. For a moment, he wanted to ask her if she modeled, but fortunately intelligence kicked in and Shane kept that to himself. He stood up, jamming his hands in his pocket.

"You look nice."

A wily smirk appeared on his face. "You don't look half bad yourself."

Oh, she looked more than fine. Some dirty thoughts came to mind, but he tried to suppress them. It only half worked, so he quickly said something so he couldn't dwell on it. "I got reservations so we can head right in." He needed to sit down so he could hide his body's reaction to the dress and didn't embarrass himself. God knows he had enough opportunities to chase her off in the future.

Once they'd gotten seated and had their drink orders taken, Shane folded his hands on the table. "So you know a guy that looks just like me, huh? He didn't happen to have been from Atlanta, Georgia, had he?"

He figured it was easier to ask about where he'd been from rather than ask if he'd killed the undead or knew Rick Grimes. If it had been the doppleganger, there was good chance she might have been filled in on what he'd been doing back on the farm. The old him. The Shane that had been so scared of losing everything he loved that he'd been willing to kill his best friend over it. Now that he wasn't stuck in that situation any more, the thought made him sick to his stomach about the way things had happened. But it had still happened and he was never going to forget that fact.

"That's where I'm from anyway. Are you from the good ol US?" It was always comforting meeting other people from home. The normal home. It gave him hope that at least somewhere out there, his hometown was alive and well, dealing with the normal day to day bullshit.

Made by Octi!

@Karen Page

Karen Page likes this.
  4. Karen Page

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Karen felt her spirits lifting as Shane looked her way. It was exciting to be looked at like that, like she was desirable. She hadn't had that in a while. Not in a sleazy, creepy kind of way. But one of genuine admiration. It gave Karen a slight confidence boost to know he liked what he saw. At least, that's what Karen was hoping given the way he was staring at her. Hopefully it wasn't the opposite. Karen smiled, giving him an appreciative nod. He'd made reservations which was a good sign and Karen followed his lead, deciding on a glass of wine and peering at Shane from across the table.

"I do," she replied, grinning at his lack of small talk. No weather, no work. He knew why she was here, and was pulling her in at full force. He didn't need to know the depth of her connection with Frank, or the fact that they had one at all. It seemed he'd worked that out for himself already. It was the reason they'd met in the first place after all; a case of mistaken identity. An easier mistake to make when the man she was looking at was Frank's twin. She laughed and took a sip of her drink.

"I'm afraid not. He's from New York. Hell's Kitchen." Karen eyed Shane shrewdly. It seemed Frank and Shane were already world's apart. "So not separated at birth then." Well, that was something. They were already learning about the differences between them. She smiled and nodded again, placing her glass lightly back on to the table. "Fagan Corners, Vermont. I moved to New York a few years back."

Karen stopped, deciding to remain aloof. She hadn't even told Matt or Foggy her reasons for coming to New York, for getting away from her hometown, and given the circumstances it probably wasn't a good idea to divulge them on a first date. Or a -- well, whatever this was. "How long have you been in Pandora?" She asked curiously. "Do you miss Georgia?"

Shane Walsh likes this.
  5. Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh Guest

She had a cute smile. It was a little infectious.

"Definitely not," Shane said. "I haven't been to New York myself. Ain't been to Vermont either." He'd met a few assholes from New York and decided it wasn't worth the trip. Everything he'd ever wanted was in Georgia anyway, so he hadn't found much reason to leave really. He had a good job and his best friend lived there. What more could he ask for?

He leaned back in his chair to think for a moment. "Since winter," he realized out loud. Damn, it had been some time. Some people here barely lasted a few months, yet here he was. It was more surprising that he hadn't ended up getting killed than just disappearing. "So I've been around for a while now."

"Yeah, I miss Georgia," he said, glancing away. "The old Georgia, anyway." Shane wasn't one to talk emotions and all that shit. It got in the way of getting things done. Lori had been the last person he'd been opened with and well, look at what happened with that mess. Shane didn't trust anyone enough to let himself be vulnerable like that again. He didn't have time for feelings.

He glanced back at her, though his eyes wandered away as he spoke. "The Georgia I came from went to Hell. The dead started walking and killing people and then..." Shane shrugged. She didn't need to know the gory details. "Well, I'm here now. And it's a lot better, in that respect. Though Pandora has it's quirks too."

Like the fact that there could be walkers and vampires and God knew what else.

"What about you? Did you like New York? What'd you do there?"

Made by Octi!

@Karen Page

Karen Page likes this.
  6. Karen Page

Reporter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Karen played with the stem of her glass as she watched Shane. The more she looked at him, the more she saw the differences. Karen was marveled by the variation in a person's face. It was identical to Frank's, yet somehow a different hair cut and a different had altered it's appearance completely. It was bizarre but fascinating and Karen found herself gazing at him, losing her train of thought.

He looked surprised by how fast time had flown, and leaned back in his chair with reflection. Karen had noticed the same. The seasons changed rapidly, and months would pass by in a blink of an eye. Then again, not a day went by where she didn't think of home. Or Foggy. Or Matt. Or Frank. "Old Georgia?" Karen inquired, tilting her head to the side.

Shane didn't meet her eyes at first, as though he were apprehensive about sharing. Karen kept her gaze steady and surveyed him over the top of her glass. Her blue eyes widened as she listened to his story, lips poised by her drink as she stared at him in horror. It sounded like something out of a nightmare. How easily he could speak of it sparked Karen's curiosity as much as his past did.

"Oh, Shane. I'm so sorry." Karen placed her wine glass back onto the table and leaned in. "I can't even imagine what you went through." She paused, wondering whether to ask. "Did your family survive?" Karen asked the question delicately, not wanting to overstep the mark. Pretty heavy for a first date. A wry smile came to her lips. "Hah, we'll get to me," she replied with added humour. "You can't drop that bombshell on me and not expect questions. Especially to a reporter." Karen laid her hands on the table, finding it surprisingly easy to banter with him. "Don't worry, this is strictly off the record."

Shane Walsh likes this.
  7. Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh Guest

He couldn't tell if she was checking him out or just that fascinated by his story. Either way, the change in mood at least took the excitement out of that fact anyway. It felt weird talking about it. Like she'd said, it sounded like a nightmare. Hell, it sounded like some kind of a movie. Yet it had happened to him and his best friend and all those people. Now it just felt more like it had happened to someone else.

His family? Honestly, Shane didn't have that much family to miss. He could only assume what was left had died in the initial pandemic. At least they wouldn't get to see what life had become afterwards. "Dunno. I doubt it." It sounded indifferent coming from his mouth, but it only meant he was protecting himself now. Talking about what had happened would always force him to wash the emotions away so he could get through. Shane shrugged and took a drink of water. "We lost a lot of people. I've seen so many people turn into them things that I just don't remember anymore."

"A reporter huh? Bet you're real intuitive. I was a cop before things went south. Me and my buddy Rick were some of the best cops in Atlanta." Well now he was bragging, but so what. He'd been proud of what he used to do and it had saved their asses during pure anarchy. But mainly he just wanted to talk about Rick. Just like in the good ol days. "That bastard somehow woke up from his coma and made it out of Atlanta alive after it had been overrun with the dead. Don't know how he did it, but he did. As far as I know he's still alive out there. Somewhere."

Thank God for that fact. Things were different and Shane couldn't even begin to forgive himself for what he'd almost done.

The waitress stopped by to take their orders and hurried away. "Any other questions from the press?" Shane asked with a wink.

Made by Octi!

@Karen Page[/QUOTE]

Karen Page likes this.