By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private somewhere only we know

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by Jaesa Willsaam, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Who the hell knows
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Of course." She kept her tone neutral, ignoring any buried issues with her self-esteem that started whispering in her mind. Unfortunately for her, the return of her memories meant a return of those little problems but she did her best to just completely ignore them, to not give them purchase. It was no surprise that the days of her being the first one he would talk to about things were over; nothing else could be expected, really, could it?

Besides, she didn't think she was currently in any state to be helpful if help was what he needed. Not right then.

"I don't know," she admitted. "She said that there might be a place near her apartment that's still available. I suppose I just have to see." There was some doubt to her tone, simply because technically she had never lived alone. Even in her memories, she had only had a home once, before she ended up living on the road and then on her ship. It had been a long time since she had really had a place of her own. "I tried to point out that I have no money, not after he encouraged me to depend on him." Just like before, anger shifted into her mood, dark eyes flashing and her lips pressing together just at the thought of how naive she had been. Instead, she forced a smile. "She offered to pay, because of course she did."

Kylo Ren likes this.
  2. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo hummed agreeably. The complex was new, and likely still had spots available, even if Margaret had tried to insist that they act fast. If Jaesa could do the same, he felt certain she could get in. And... truly, he would feel good, knowing she was nearby. That if Sauron ever returned, she would be close to friends.

And as she mentioned him, he saw that flare in her eyes. The anger. And also the doubt– of accepting help, of making this next move. "She doesn't have to do it all," Kylo pointed out. "I can help, too. We've been running jobs with a group up in the Cosmic Wilderness, and besides pitching in for Rey's place, I haven't spent much." He shrugged. "And if you need to, I'm sure they'd offer you some jobs, too."

Jaesa Willsaam likes this.
  3. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Who the hell knows
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    She hadn't really been all that surprised when Rey had offered to pay for her to move into an apartment, because Rey was just that type of kind and compassionate person who would do anything for her friends. But she was surprised when Kylo also put forward his own offer of money. She hesitated, disliking the idea of owing both of them, but then she could hardly sniff at a concept that would have Rey paying half of what she had initially offered.

"I'll pay it back as soon as I can," she said quickly, the same assurance she'd given Rey. Not that she knew how, when her ship was apparently gone and her savings with it. Then she paused. "What kind of jobs?" she asked. "Bounties?" That was the only thing she'd known Kylo to use for an income this time around, after all. She had pointed out that she could try and take bounties again to Rey, but she got the feeling her friend wanted her to try something else. Only, Jaesa had no idea what.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  4. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

He only shrugged a shoulder at her insistence. It was just to get her started; he didn't really care one way or the other. Still not paying a rent entirely on his own, he had some money to spare.

He nodded. "Bounties, hunts, fetch jobs. It's flexible." The pay was usually good, and Revan's team was an admittedly nice bonus. They were good people, if he might not have said it to their faces.

5. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Who the hell knows
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    She hummed thoughtfully. A week ago such things were nothing that would interest her. Jedi, after all, were not... mercenaries. But she had so many memories of taking such jobs, even ones far too dangerous that had landed her in hospital. There would have to be changes though. She could not allow herself to get back into the same old vices.

"I think Rey reckons I should try something else." She sounded faintly bemused. "Make money off of a... hobby." Which were things she had never had in her life.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  6. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Jaesa's words, of what Rey had suggested, were hardly surprising. He made an amused expression. "Rey just wants you to be happy, I think," he explained. "You can do whatever you want. There's not a lack of jobs to step into, the way people appear and disappear. Is there anything you'd like to try?"

7. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Who the hell knows
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Happy... Jaesa refrained from pointing out that she did not exactly know how to be happy; even with her memories, happiness was something that had long been out of reach. She'd thought she'd been happy with Kylo, but now those memories were fresh, she wasn't so sure. She'd thought she'd been finding a strange kind of happiness with Mairon only to realise she could never be happy there.

"I don't know," she said honestly. "I've done what other people want and command of me my entire life. Finding things that I, myself, like and want to do never really happened. Not even last time I was here." Unless she counted getting drunk and sleeping with strangers, and she did not count that.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  8. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Again, Kylo shrugged. "Well, at the end of the day, it's just a job. If you don't like what you pick, you can find a new one. Explore your options."

9. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Who the hell knows
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    There was a thoughtful frown at that. Just a job, something she could change if she didn't like it. She hadn't really considered it in that kind of way, probably because every path her life had taken had always felt like it would be something permanent: serving House Organa, almost becoming a noblewoman by marriage, becoming a Jedi, they were things that had never exactly been something she could just change up.

"You're right," she mused. "I' had intended to follow the Jedi Sentinel path once I passed the trials... But last I was here, my need for violence sort of swallowed my scholarly side." It had only really come out in the jobs she had specifically taken that sent her to find old artifacts. "I might not want to be a Jedi any more, but maybe I can still find a way to become a scholar." She shrugged. She had always liked learning almost as much as she had enjoyed combat training. It was probably the reason why she had bonded through the Force with Master Yonlach, who had encouraged that scholarly nature, rather than Master Karr, who had mostly taught her to fight.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  10. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

A scholar. Kylo had to admit, he found that idea along with Jaesa surprising at the least. He'd never really seen that side of her, or at least seen it pursued. She'd been wholly set after other things during their relationship. While that surprise may have shown on his face, it wasn't accompanied by mock or scorn. Perhaps it really would suit her. He knew Jaesa to be sharp and thoughtful; those aspects applied to the right back would be an excellent start.

"That's an idea," he replied. Then, looked over her face with a slightly raised brow. "But I think your first concern should be to rest."

11. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Who the hell knows
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    She noticed the surprise in his eyes, but she herself wasn't surprised by that. Though she had never stopped liking to learn - she had drank in everything that Vader and Obi-Wan, and even Sauron, had taught her last time - it had never been a clearly defined trait, and she'd never considered it a hobby either. She just liked to learn, and to discover secrets of the Force.

When Kylo pointed out that she needed to rest, she gave a long, soft sigh. "I haven't been able to rest since I was taken," she pointed out. She was operating on very little sleep. "All that waits for me are nightmares. Of Semirhage, of Sauron..." Her gaze shifted downwards, her exhaustion clear. "I guess I should go find some painkillers at the least." Most of her wounds were well on the way to healing, but the patches on her body where her skin had been completely removed were still extremely painful. To painful for her to easily lie down. How she missed her ship and the kolto supplies on it.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  12. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo was quiet as she spoke, able to sympathize with what she faced. There was nothing he could truly offer her other than that unspoken sentiment. She looked exhausted, and Kylo considered the best thing she could do for herself was at least try to sleep.

"If you don't have any, I think Rey grabbed some from the ship," Kylo replied. "But if you want me to knock you unconscious, I can. With the Force, I mean." Not, like, a blunt object. A small grin accompanied the offer.

13. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Who the hell knows
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Before he continued with a clarification, Kylo's offer took her aback, her brow furrowing as her gaze blinked back up to his. Then he explained with a grin, and she couldn't help the tiny upwards curve of the corner of her lips. "You can do that?" she asked. She knew such things could be done with the Force, but she hadn't known he could do it. It was easy to forget he wasn't all brute strength.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  14. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo dipped his head in confirmation. “Mhm. Want me to show you?” Something of a trick question, as showing her would mean she wouldn’t realize what had happened until she woke up. But Kylo was eager to help her in this way, if he could.

15. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Who the hell knows
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    With anyone else, such a suggestion would have had her immediately firmly declining at worst, and heavily hesitating at best. The idea of putting herself in someone's hands enough that they could manipulate her state of consciousness was for her a frightening one... If anyone else had suggested it.

But she trusted Kylo. She would have trusted him with her life if needed; in fact, her life had been in his hands once. And she desperately needed rest. Just one night of unbroken sleep. "Do it. Please."

Kylo Ren likes this.
  16. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

His expression softened, recognizing that trust and how readily she leapt at it. “Okay,” he said, almost gently. “Don’t worry; I’ll get you upstairs.” He held her gaze, and then lifted a hand slowly, giving her a chance to change her mind. Then, near her temple, focused his attention to the Force surrounding her; on snapping that consciousness to rest.

Eyes fluttered shut, and then Jaesa slumped to the side. Kylo, for a brief moment, watched the peace that came over her features with a kind of affection before he shifted forward to get his arms around her. A lift, and she was held at his chest, cradled and limp, her head resting against him.

Up the stairs, to an empty bed, and Kylo laid her gently on the mattress and tugged a blanket over her body. He lingered only a moment, watching her face, hoping the nightmares were kept at bay that night. Goodnight, Jaesa, he said in his mind, as though that broken bond might still speak to her somehow. And then turned from the room, closing the door quietly behind him.