By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Splittergheist & The Fragments of a Thing Called Happiness

Discussion in 'Writing Corner' started by GhostOfHalloweenPast, Aug 24, 2019.

1. GhostOfHalloweenPast

GhostOfHalloweenPast a dragonfly on their way into the sky

Writer & Half-Time Witch
    Race:
    kuo'ma
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link

"Ghost" is a synonym for "Soul", but when a soul is shattered, it leaves the ghost in splinters. That's, what we call Splittergheist.

That's what I wrote onto my AO3 page three years ago when I created this username. I was in a phase of change back then, I had only a year prior decided on a new real life name for myself which I'm still wearing today. I had found a really cool group of internet friends who caught me when I was plummeting thanks to breaking up with a boyfriend I don't think back to fondly at all; friends whom I'm still chatting with nowadays, whom I've met too ever since. I needed new and I needed it now, and I'd always been someone to use a slightly different username for any new platforms I've signed onto — this was no different. And I know, it might sound a tad edgy, in all fairness, but change, as scary as it might be, shedding old names and places and people and lives, was always part of my life – and I don't mean that bitterly.

Nowadays, I'm writing a novel – and I want to call it that because otherwise I'll never finish it – and I'm writing poems every so often; all the while I'm writing roleplay, here with you or on other places, and I've done so for about 11 years now – which, quite frankly, is insane to think about, but here we are.
    There was a time when I thought to have found my artistic calling in singing, then in voice acting, and now it's writing because that fits my lifestyle rather well, but I still have a great passion for both of the others.

Those Days In Toronto – Or The Inevitability Of Moving On

title might be subject to changes, but at the moment I like it a lot as it is
    I'm planning this as an urban fantasy novel that, in its core, focuses on a very mundane feeling: grief, trying (and failing) to move on, loss and everything that comes with it. There's musicians and there's immortality – maybe? – and the boring mundane clock that keeps ticking no matter how hard the personal one screeches to a halt. Which sounds a lot more dramatic than intended but, something of that sort, basically!

Poetry

I also sometimes write poems. Most of them are quite in-the-moment and very raw, intended to, like, get these feelings out of my system; but I still wanna share them, just because.

Fanfictions

And yes, of course, there are some fanfictions I've written, but lately I haven't really done that. Most of them Saphael (Shadowhunters) and weird AU's bc I love AU's okay. And there's always gonna be OC's in there somewhere because I love OC's too, in case you hadn't guessed.

What Can You Expect Here?

Excerpts of my novel – honestly, calling it that feels so neat okay, I should've started doing that way earlier but you know how it is with the feeling of You're not enough of an artist to call it art. and all that. Which is awful and not the truth, by the way. Every art is art. Period.
    My poems. Links to my fanfictions. An essay on my favourite OC. That kinda thing.
    I'd prefer any type of comments and reviews and stuff to be DM'ed to me on Pandora or Discord (under stardustvampire#5843), beeecause I'm quite particular about my aesthetic and unless there's an actual comment function for these threads – which there isn't at the moment – I'd like to not have them in here, because that clutters, alright? Alright. But I love any type of feedback, honestly, and I don't bite, I swear. <3

#1 GhostOfHalloweenPast, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Raine, Luciel, Hannah and 2 others like this.
  2. GhostOfHalloweenPast

GhostOfHalloweenPast a dragonfly on their way into the sky

Writer & Half-Time Witch
    Race:
    kuo'ma
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link

Toronto Snippet #1 – The Prologue

This is the excerpt I wrote when I started my CampNaNoWriMo entry this July, which is also going to be the prologue of the novel. It's partly a part that the first chapter already calls back to, and partly a very real opinion of mine; it's written like that too, with the first person view it's told in, unlike the rest of the book which is told in third person. I came up with it basically on the spot, seeing that the entry would need an excerpt and I hadn't written anything of it yet, but I love it actually very much so I'll probably gonna keep it in the novel too. Being the first snippet I share on here, and being the prologue, it's gonna be the only part of the book you'll read fully on here; the other stuff I'll share actual snippets of: lines I liked, character essays (as promised) and background things that might not make it into the book.

Novels starting with funerals are something I always hated. Novels starting with a death, that the author then tries to lead you towards after this quick look into the future, too. Where is the suspense in knowing a person you don't even know yet, will die at the end? Earlier than anticipated, of course, earlier than expected, too. I always had problems getting close to these characters, to care for them, if only so I wouldn't sit there, at the end, and bawl my eyes out over the death of another beloved fictional character.

This novel starts with a funeral regardless, but only because it's not what is about to come, but what has happened in a past you will only catch glimpses of, during this story. It's not about the protagonist dying, it's about the protagonist's best friend being declared dead because the authorities gave up. It is, if you will, the catalyst for a series of days and weeks and months, the beginning of a story that will make you see the protagonist's life change drastically. Or, perhaps not that drastically, we'll see about that. After all, this is only the start, not the end – and only a few people in this world can predict the future, right?

Raine likes this.