HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Stargazing and Stress Relief

Discussion in 'Cascade Sands & Docks' started by Danny Fenton, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Danny Fenton

Danny Fenton Danny Phantom

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    April 10th. Nighttime. Danny and his Doppleganger are both in ghost form.

Both boys recovered from their ordeal quickly; or at least, their bodies did. Although neither Danny nor Super had to deal with as much as the other prisoners, it still wasn't a walk in the park for either of them. The caped fruit-loop certainly did enough and being held against their will for a week was more than enough therapy inducing trauma for a while.

Heading to the beach was Super's idea. For once, Danny didn't disagree. They boys backed an overnight bag together and took their time as they flew from Misty Hollow to Cascade Bay. Once they arrived, it was just a quick stop at a local shop to get them both some swimsuits. Danny stepped out with a sporty pair of blue swim trunks and a white tank top. Super on the other hand decided to go for black swim trunks with a dolphin pattern and an inflatable ring. After storing their bag inside wall, the boys dashed towards the beach and dove into the waves.

Hours passed as they splashed and hung out. For the first time in a long time, Danny felt like an actual teenager again. He and Super took turns dunking one another or playing keep-away with the floaty. Eventually the sun started to set and after a quick break for food they returned to the beach. Most of the inhabitants and vacationers had left. The soft glow of the moon illuminated the sands and white crests of the waves as the gently broke on shore. Lights from the city were distant enough to not be intrusive, leaving only the natural darkness that night afforded. Stars twinkled above them, glistening and flickering in unfamiliar patterns. Crickets serenaded the night and the cool salt breeze tickled their bare skin.

Danny sat on the beach, his head tilted back to watch the stars as Super fetched their backpack. None of the constellations were familiar. Somehow that made Danny feel simultaneously homesick and fascinated. The boy that dreamed of being an astronaut revealed at the impossible cosmic wilderness. If he looked hard enough, he could even spot some patterns among the brightest stars. Did the constellations have names? Did they even stick around long enough to earn a name?

A ethereal glow brought Danny out of his daydreaming. He looked over to find Super, transformed into ghost form and glowing slightly, with their backpack in one hand an a white bedsheet in another. Super often wore a bedsheet as a cape, although why he was holding it was beyond Danny.

"You transformed?" Danny asked. "And what's with the blanket?"

"I was cold." Super replied with a shrug as his voice echoed unnaturally. "That and I figured we could sit on the blanket. It will be like a midnight picnic. A midnic!"

"Oh... is that my bedsheet?"

"Naturally!" Danny hung his head and sighed. Of course it was. It was always his blanket. Super had his own blanket, but it was blue and the dopple insisted on only using Danny's white sheet. Even so, Danny silently relented and helped Super spread out the blanket. A quick wind blew, sending shivers down Danny's spine. Super was right. It was just a little too cold for nothing but swim shorts. So, Danny transformed as well. Together, the glowing pair of half ghosts settled down onto their backs and gazed up at the stars. After a while, they started naming their own constellations.

Danny pointed to a particular grouping that formed a rough spiral pattern. "That one looks like the portal to the Ghost Zone back at home. So how about the Ghost Zone?"

"Okay, well..." Super pointed to another random cluster, "that one looks like Boxed Lunch." Both teens shuddered and simultaneous cried "Ew!" before breaking out into boisterous laughter.

Quirrel likes this.
  2. Kayo Sudou

Kayo Sudou The Evillious Chronicles

[​IMG]
    Kayo decided to go to the beach tonight. She wanted to feel alive for a second, to feel the cold air and the cold waves on her body. Under the red kimono, she was wearing a burgundy swimsuit. As a seamstress, she was really interested in the fashion of Pandora, especially the most "modern" styles. Swimsuit were a completely new concept to her, but they were actually quite beautiful and Kayo genuinely liked them.

Putting a foot in the water, she felt what she was coming for. She left her kimono on the beach and advanced further, quickly immersing her whole body underwater. The coldness of the water was exactly what she needed. It made her live, but also it kept her imagination running, she thought of a few outfits while doing so. At the same time, she was hoping to get back at the surface and to realize that she arrived home. With these hopes in her mind, she finally got her head out of the water and took a deep breath before opening her eyes.

Looking at the sky and seeing the constellations, she quickly realized there was no way she was home. She sat down, half her body in the freezing water, and she looked at the sky. Maybe some star would show her the way home? She didn’t want to stay in Pandora.

Her shop wasn’t popular – probably because of the way she arrived in Pandora (covered in blood in the middle of a crowded street), it’s obvious that people would avoid her –, the gods of this world didn’t bring her her lost family, and she didn’t receive the punishment she deserved for the crime she committed in her world. She only had hope; hope to leave this place as soon as possible.

As she was looking at the sky, she heard laughter not so far from her on the beach. She got curious and was wondering who could be at the beach so late at night. She got out of the water, took her kimono and went to check who the laughing people were. She regretted not taking her scissors with her before going to the beach, just in case.

As she saw the two weird teens that looked exactly like each other, she regretted it even more. Something was off about them, their auras were… odd. She didn’t feel especially safe with the both of them around her.

She couldn’t refrain from gasping as she saw them, clearly indicating that she was there. On a beach, there was nowhere to hide. She was trapped…

Danny Fenton likes this.
  3. Maes Hughes

Maes Hughes Fullmetal Alchemist

Father
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Maes had decided to go down to Cascade Bay for some fishing, he'd grabbed some gear from in town and made his way to an excluded spot. He'd fished in rivers and such before but fishing at a beach was different for him, he'd found a rock formation to sit on and laid back with a fishing rod in hand. He had a bucket of water next to him to put the fish in so they didn't die.

He'd actually caught a few already, but he wanted to try a little more. Maes had been waiting a while as the sun went down, he knew fish didn't really keep normal hours so he didn't stop his fishing. He'd heard some noises further down the shore, even spotting some lady in a kimono go into the water some time earlier in the day. Just then he'd gotten a bite and reeled in a big fish, took some effort but he got it on his line.

Problem was that it wouldn't fit in the bucket, so he held it up above the ground and headed towards the noises. The lady had done so as well and the boys who glowed oddly were laying on a blanket. "Hello there Miss, care for some fish. I'm Maes" he commented to the lady in a nice tone of voice and a smile. He would've offer a hand to shake but he had the bucket in his free hand.

He stood beside the lady and looked towards the boys, twins of some sort and he didn't know what the glow was about. "Hey boys, you wanna join me and the mysterious lady here for some fish. Might need a big campfire though, this fish won't fit in my bucket so I figure I may as well share" expressed Maes with a smile.

Kayo Sudou and Danny Fenton like this.
  4. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    A gasp alerted them to another presence. Danny propped himself up on his elbow while Super sat all the way up. Two sets of glowing, acid green eyes stared at the women in the strange outfit with startled confusion. She looked human. Their ghost sense didn't go off either. Although, in Pandora that wasn't really saying much. But before either could properly react, a second stranger approached with an enormous fish and invited them to eat.

"Excellent!" Super cried excitedly and he jumped to his feet. Danny tried to grab his hand to stop him, but missed and ended up falling face first into the sand instead. Super trotted over towards the strangers, grinning from ear to ear. "I'd be honored to join you!"

Danny pulled his face out of the sand. Grains clung to his cheeks and filled his white hair. He tried to shake his head, but all it did was get sand in his eyes. Finally, he just turned intangible and let it all fall away. Danny jumped to his feet and jogged over to his doppleganger.

"Good evening Miss, Citizen. Allow me to introduce myself. I am DANNY PHANTOM, HERO OF PANDORA!" Super cried, putting his hands on his hips in order to strike a 'heroic pose.' Danny palmed his forehead.

"Actually, I'm Danny Phantom." He corrected. Danny jabbed his thumb in the dopple's direction. "He's Super."

Kayo Sudou likes this.
  5. Kayo Sudou

Kayo Sudou The Evillious Chronicles

[​IMG]
    The glowing green eyes of the two twins were scary to her, and Kayo felt uncomfortable because of these two teens.

That was even more obvious when she was startled by a voice coming from behind her. She turned to look at the man and saw that, at least he was normal and didn’t seem to especially mind the two glowing boys. That reassured her a little bit. He invited everyone there for some fish and… she loved sea food, especially fish. She couldn’t help but accept the proposition.

One of the two teenagers happily accepted the invitation, and Kayo realized that he didn’t seem so bad, smiling like that. She might have overreacted, with all these ghost stories that were told back home.
    Well, if you really can’t take it home and it becomes a burden to you, I’ll gladly accept the invitation!” she said, politely smiling.

Kayo looked at one of the two teens and her eyes widened, her eyebrows raised as she saw him disappear for a second. They were definitely odd.

She laughed, hiding her mouth with her hand, when Super introduced himself. He looked a bit ridiculous, but he was young. It was still normal to act like this, at his age.

There were no superheroes from where she came, only soldiers and heroes of war, but she got used to those quite peculiar warriors pretty quickly, there were a lot of them here. She doubted he was one, though; he didn’t quite fit the description. He was probably just a boy with big dreams... and strange powers.

When the other one was done introducing himself, Kayo thought that it was her turn to do so.
    My name is Kayo, Kayo Sudou. I’m the owner of the tailor shop in Cascade Bay.

She realized that they might need some things to start a campfire.
    Do you want me to go gather useful things for the campfire from my house?

She could also grab her scissors on the way, again, just in case.
    I could also bring some drinks.” She said, instead of talking about the scissors, which seemed like a smarter choice of words.

This was an occasion to make some friends for her, something she hadn’t made since she arrived. She couldn’t miss it. She just hoped that, if she went home to fetch what they needed, they’d still be there when she arrived and that they weren’t actually scared of her, because she really wanted to ask the teenagers of which material their clothes were made of.

Danny Fenton likes this.
  6. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Jedi
    Race:
    Force-sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Luke sometimes still wandered up here because he liked this beach from the time he'd spent in Cascade Bay. It was a clear night, and he could never resist gazing up at the stars, just like he'd done at night as a kid on Tatooine. He wanted to be out there again so much, to be back with Mara. Ben was here, but he was still off on his own, and Luke still worried about him.

He noticed the others who were here and gave a friendly "hello" to them. One looked almost ghostly, but not much really surprised Luke anymore. He had seen too many beings to be easily startled.

Danny Fenton likes this.
  7. Maes Hughes

Maes Hughes Fullmetal Alchemist

Father
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    It seemed the tension he'd felt from the lady had been slightly relieved, Maes had a way with making things more friendly with all kinds of people. The glowing eyed boys weren't really that big a deal for him, even when he saw the other boy go intangible briefly after face planting. He'd already seen some strange stuff since being here so this wasn't all too scary, so he just took it in strides. He'd never heard of a Danny Phantom before so he knew the kid was just boosting but not in a bad way, the way that children often did with dreams of a cool and fun life they pictured ahead of them.

"Well Danny, Super and Miss Kayo. I'm Maes Hughes of Morhall, just out to do some fishing as you can see. If you'd be willing Miss Kayo, that would be wonderful" expressed Maes with a smile as the party was just getting started another person arrived, he smiled and waved back to the man "You're welcome to join us for some fish if you like, there's plenty to go around" added Maes.

Kayo Sudou and Danny Fenton like this.
  8. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Danny turned bright red when Kayo giggled at Super's silly introduction. Sure, he didn't have to worry too much anymore about people thinking that Super was the real Danny Phantom thanks to the article they were featured in. Unfortionatly, they were still clearly "related" and it was as bad as watching his Dad do something embarrassing. Super was, as usual, completely oblivious of his antics. Thankfully, Maes didn't laugh.

Kayo offered to fetch some stuff from her house for a camp fire. It was actually really nice of her. Super beamed and said, "I'd be happy to assist you Miss Kayo if you'd like some help."

Another joined their little group, offering a small hello. Danny eyed the guy for a moment before shrugging. It wasn't his fish and the new guy seemed harmless enough. So, instead he turned his attention back to Maes. "I can help set things up if you want."