By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private still standing... just about

Discussion in 'Pandopolis City' started by Jaesa Willsaam, Dec 4, 2019 at 1:48 PM.

1. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Who the hell knows
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

DEC 2, 109

Jaesa was... regretting coming out today. Her ears were ringing, her head was pounding, she felt queasy, and it seemed like her skull was filled with some kind of fuzzy mush rather than her brain. The hangover from last night's drink hung heavily over her as she wandered the streets, hair much less tidy than it usually was, wincing at every loud noise and darting around people who got too close while trying not to lose her balance.

She should have realised that drinking wouldn't be like it had been in her memories. Last time she'd been able to throw back several shots of whisky without a problem; she should have realised that this body had never actually had alcohol in its system, not once in her life until she slipped and drank just a few shots. Only a few!

Now, she wasn't sure what was worse. The hangover, or the fact that Kylo had seen her so drunk last night. She wasn't entirely sure what had been said, but she remembered enough. Stuff about him and Rey. Stuff about Revan. Just thinking about it made her groan, dragging a hand down her face and almost walking into a lamppost before she managed to gather herself and swerve around it.

She'd come here to see Kaladin, not wanting to be alone in her apartment all day - and not wanting to really think about what if anything Kylo and Rey might be getting up to - but naturally, the man was working because that seemed to be all he ever did. Now she found herself milling around, eyes narrowed against the light, resisting the urge to snap at people who laughed too loudly or called other people's names right next to her, completely uncertain of where she could go to make this hangover go away, and not particularly wanting to go back to Elysium and her apartment on her own.

Ozma likes this.
  2. Ozma

Ozma RWBY

Professor
    Race:
    Human V1.0
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

Maybe it was a little cowardly for Oz to come back to James's house when he knew the man wasn't going to be in. It felt wrong, but at the same time, Ozma didn't want to explain his situation to James. He was happy, and he was giddy, and he was blindly, deeply in love in a way he hadn't been in centuries. He didn't want anyone to ruin that high for him, and James...

Well, James had a storied history of popping happy balloons.

So Oz had crept in while James was almost guaranteed to be at work. He'd collected his few, meagre possessions, and now he was eagerly heading back the way he'd come. He would connect back to Cascade Bay, and then transport from there - Merlin had seemed displeased about Ozma breaking through the school's wards so easily, so he'd do this the long way. Even if he would rather just get back to Merlin as soon as possible.

Caught up in his own thoughts, Ozma nearly walked past a familiar face before he realized she was familiar. At the last second, he glanced over and froze, mid-step. "Jaesa?" He hadn't seen her since their first meeting. She had seemed good, though. Troubled and haunted, but...

Yes, still good.

He offered her a warm smile. "Hello. I'm Ozma. Maybe you don't remember - it was a little bit of a hectic time, I know... but I'm glad you're doing well. You look..." She looked like shit. He didn't want to say that. "Well, you're not dead!"

Jaesa Willsaam likes this.
  3. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Who the hell knows
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Jaesa didn't notice anyone familiar - wandering along in her own hangover bubble - until she heard her name. Blinking in surprise, she stopped, turning her head with her eyes narrowed against the sunshine, shadowed dark eyes falling on a young man who, for just a second, didn't tickle her memories at all.

And then it came back to her. She'd met him during a time she tried not to remember, when it had felt like everything that had been going well had suddenly started crashing around her ears. Kylo had broken up with her out of the blue - not very gently, at that - and Sauron had decided to give up their little dance and drag her away by force. She'd beaten him in one-on-one combat, but had been left badly wounded, panicked and terrified, knowing her victory was hollow against a being who could not be killed. And that was when she had met Oz. He'd taken her to safety and patched her up.

"I remember," she responded. Her voice was quiet; though Jaesa had always been a soft-spoken young woman, she was even more so when she was trying not to make her headache even worse with her own voice bouncing around in her skull. Someone roared with laughter as they walked past and Jaesa flinched, a wince passing across her features as her hand half-rose to her head with a soft groan. "I'm not entirely sure I'm not dead. It feels like it..."

4. Ozma

Ozma RWBY

Professor
    Race:
    Human V1.0
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

Oz was glad to be remembered, though he wouldn't have held it against Jaesa if their meeting had slipped her memory. From what she had told him at the time, things for her had been chaotic to say the least - just as it had all been chaotic for him - and since they'd parted ways, Ozma had honestly not thought much of her. Not out of any malicious intent, but just... life had happened. Things right in front of him had demanded so much attention.

He was glad to reconnect, and his smile was earnest and glowing. "There's a park over there, you know. It might be quieter, and the benches are nice." Oz advised kindly, gesturing over his shoulder. He knew what a hangover looked like when he saw one. Goodness knew how many of those he had suffered around the time when he and Jaesa had initially met - not that Ozma had let himself sober up much.

He felt better now. So much better. His expression shifted with a trace of sympathy. "It's not my place to insert myself into your business, I know... but if you need any help, Jaesa, I am here." The offer was simple and not especially eloquent, but like everything Ozma did and said, there was an earnestness about it that was hard to overlook. He offered his aid with every intention of following through, should it be accepted. That was just who he was.

Jaesa Willsaam likes this.
  5. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Who the hell knows
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Wracking her memories - trying to move around the ones that directly involved the being she'd been falling in love with before her memories had come back - Jaesa thought that Ozma's attitude was... different. Oh, he'd been only too willing to help back then, too, but from what she could recall, he'd been more drawn and distracted, worried about his own big bad just as she had about hers. Now, however, there was a careless brightness to his expression that she didn't think had been there at all last time.

She wished she could say she looked different. But other than shorter hair and a younger face, she was still quiet and withdrawn. At least she wasn't afraid now. Not of Sauron, at any rate. He was gone, thank the Force. That wasn't to say other things didn't frighten her. Like Semirhage. Like her bloodied, violent past here in Pandora and what that said about her.

"Thank you," she murmured, giving a slight smile of her own. "You don't need to tend to any wounds this time at least." Not that there hadn't been wounds lately. The bruises and cuts on her face had healed, but the patches where she had been cruelly flayed had not and still caused her to move more gingerly than she would have normally. Those wounds were getting better, but not quick enough for her liking. Not at all.

Still, she gave what she hoped was a humorous expression but may have fallen short of the mark. Grimacing as a group of children ran past, squalling and shrieking at the top of their voices, Jaesa sighed. "I think I will take advantage of that park... Where exactly is it?"