HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Stolen Away

Discussion in 'Blackhaven' started by Carth Onasi, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Carth Onasi

Carth Onasi Star Wars

Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    October 8

As soon as he woke up he knew something was wrong. Eyes closed he listened closely for any noise around him. Just the slight hum of lights. He opened his eyes and looked around. It seemed he was in some kind of warehouse, though it was mostly empty, and the equipment seemed like it hadn't been turned on for a few years. He quickly looked himself over. There were no injuries, no lumps or anything. He didn't eat or drink anything he hadn't seen prepared, or tasted anything odd when he did, so he wasn't drugged. A force user, then. Why would one knock him out?

His blasters were still where he left them. He double checked the ankle holster, and was assured to see his knife was still there. Carth pulled out his com, and frowned. No signal? Well, it seemed he wouldn't be calling for help anytime soon. He pocketed it again and slipped quietly through the warehouse to the door. Prying it open he winced at the loud creak. Sticking his head out he stared at what looked like a fairly typical industrial zone. Well, there was a clear lack of vehicles, but the number of warehouses bore that out. Maybe the area was automated? But that didn't match the tech inside.

Frowning he looked around for a clue to where he could possibly be.

Jason Todd likes this.
  2. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    As usual Jason was trying to keep a low profile as he made his way in the direction of a pub, his intention to drink the pain away crawling beneath his skin and with the urge to keep a low profile he found himself cutting through the industrial area of the town because he knew it would be quieter in that area at this time. He also knew he needed to keep his wits about him for this was where the thugs like to hand out and so he was armed but the weapons were stealthily hidden beneath his brown, leather jacket along with several other tools of the trade. Not that he was currently into vigilanting given that with all that had happened he was trying to give it up, but more his paranoia caused by his time undercover in Hydra and on the run afterwards lead to him over preparing in case there was trouble.

It was also because of his paranoia that he noticed the door being lifted manually of one rather scabby looking warehouse, immediately he was tense, wary of what was to come as he slowed to a dawdle, debating crossing the road. Only a man emerged, looking lost, dazed and rather confused all in one. It was that which struck a chord with Jason and he suddenly felt sorry for the guy, while cursing his caring nature which he swore did not exist. Jason found himself calling out, still silently cursing"Hey? Are you alright?" He made himself move a little closer, but still kept a safe distance between them, wary of some kind of trap as he went on"You look a little lost there stranger..."

Carth Onasi likes this.
  3. Carth Onasi

Carth Onasi Star Wars

Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Carth tensed at the man's call. He glanced over and scanned the man. He held himself like a fighter, but without the distinctive military bearing. A mercenary, or a bounty hunter perhaps? Neither group was particularly known for their generosity. The hard edges were familiar, he saw the same thing in the mirror at night. He was younger than Carth though. Poor kid probably grew up on the Outer Rim. Kids grew up quick there.

"I'm...fine, just...a little shaky." Carth grinned at the other. Some tension eased when the guy stopped far enough away to read as a non threat. His hands didn't look ready to go for a gun either. "...what planet is this?"

Jason Todd likes this.
  4. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    The guy seemed to become tense as he heard Jason's voice which caused the young man to come to a halt, ice, blue eyes held that tiny inkling of concern that he had felt and yet Jason kept the rest of his face smooth of emotions. The man was eyeing him closely now, so Jason stared straight back, keeping a relaxed but poised position in his form as he took in the way the man looked from his confused face, to how his hair was currently a mess all the way to how he dressed. With his analyse of the older man done his ice, blue gaze fixed on the guy's face knowing most people gave the tiniest clues of what they were about to do with little more than a twitch of their face.

The man was responding to him now, saying he was fine if a little shaky and he was offering Jason what looked like a tired grin or a grin that hid more than the guy was saying, Jason recognised it because he often wore a smile like that as he hid behind his humorous sass. The man's next words caused Jason's gaze to narrow as he echoed"Planet?" Before suddenly he was washed with understanding, the guy was new, he didn't know where he was, he was lost, confused and likely only going to get more so with what Jason was going to be telling him about. He was responding then with a question"This isn't a planet exactly... Nor is this really a conversation to have in a creepy backstreet, I was on my way to a bar... You can join me and I can explain this crazy reality over a good brew..."

He considered the newcomer a moment longer before adding thoughtfully"I'll pay...." He eyed the man in the hope he'd agree to his terms before realising he was still a stranger to this guy so he went on with some amusement in his voice"My names Jason by the way... And now you can't claim that you can't drink with me because I'm a stranger!" He flashed the older man a wide grin as he spoke, his sense of humor beginning to creep through.

5. Carth Onasi

Carth Onasi Star Wars

Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Carth's eyes narrowed, his hand twitching toward his blaster. What did he mean, this wasn't a planet? This sure didn't look like an asteroid! The understanding dawning on the guy's face only served to make Carth even more nervous. What did he know that Carth didn't?

"You'll explain this over drinks?" Bars were great for private conversations. Noisy, most people too busy with their own problems to pay attention to anyone else, and money talked. Being offered explanations over drinks however, did not have good connotations.

Carth slowly nodded his head. "Sure. I'm Onasi. Pilot."

Jason Todd likes this.
  6. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    He did not like the way the man's eyes narrowed and wondered if the other man was judging him, his sharp, ice blue eyes did not miss the way the man's hand twitched towards the rather futuristic looking weapon on his hip. Instinctively Jason tensed, preparing to evade being shot at and yet he forced himself to remain seemingly relaxed, simply watching the other man, waiting for his response. Carth did not seem keen about the drinks, but he at least was considering it which would make it a little easier to explain everything without the guy shooting him, after all a bar usually held a friendly atmosphere and suggested he wasn't about to stab him or something. At the question about explaining he gave a sharp nod"Yeah, I'll explain over drinks... Trust me it will make the conversation flow better..."

He tried to joke at the end, his smirk growing a little wider. Finally the guy was agreeing with a slow nod before he said it with words and offered Jason his name, as well as his job. The moment the guy had said sure, he had indicated the man follow him with a jerk of his head before saying"Onasi huh? That's a mouthful... You got any other names that I'm less likely to butcher?" His voice suggested he was joking, as did the amused sparkle in his ice blue eyes as he lead the way down the street, then turned into another street slightly busier street and lead the way to a rather old fashioned looking bar which had a few groups of people outside smoking, it made him long for a smoke to but he couldn't right now as he spoke to the strange new friend while pushing the door open"Ok my little pilot buddy, I'm so gonna quiz you on that by the way because that's a cool job..."

Again his voice held amusement in it but realising he'd gotten off topic he refocused himself and went on more casually saying "Grab that table in the corner there... I'll be right over with drinks..." Then he left the man and went to the bar, ordering two pints of beer which came fast once he'd handed over some money. The drinks now in his hands he returned to Carth, putting his drink before him and slid into the chair opposite while "Drink some of that, see what you think newcomer..." His ice blue eyes slid over Carth as he drank a little of his own pint before he put the beer upon the table with a sigh. Then leaning forwards slightly he spoke"Ok.... So... As I said earlier this place is not exactly a planet, more of an alternate reality.... The last thing you remember is likely black tendrils grabbing you? Those are like a magical force pulling you to this strange new land which by the way is called Pandora...."

Carth Onasi likes this.
  7. Carth Onasi

Carth Onasi Star Wars

Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Carth shrugged. "You can call me Carth." He'd given his last name out of habit from the military, and his dislike for intimacy. It didn't mean much to most, but for him using a first name meant he actually knew the person to a degree.

He grabbed the corner table in the bar, automatically sighting the exits and scanning for potential problems. Thankfully this place was rather tame, compared to some of the places he'd been. Yeah, the folks were rather rowdy, but no one was out and shooting, so it was good.

Carth accepted the drink and took a short sip. He nodded. "It's good." Decent for a local drink. He took another sip and glanced over at Jason.

"Wait, I've been grabbed by something and dragged to another reality?" Carth cursed sharply, and promptly emptied the rest of the drink in a single chug. "I'm gonna need more beer for this..."

Think, Carth. Get your head on straight. He scowled at the table. "Any idea why I was grabbed? What...whatever brought me here, might want? It ain't some sort of sick joke from the sith, is it?"

Jason Todd likes this.
  8. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Jedi
    Race:
    Force-sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Another man approached the table, having been watching the two outside and followed them in. New arrivals made Force disturbances that Luke could sense if he was close enough. He suspected the newcomer might be from home but couldnt be sure.

He wore his tunic and robe-the bright flight suit stood out a lot and he had taken to changing after landing and getting to a suitable place to do so. Luke had caught that the guy was a pilot, and was curious about it.

"Excuse me, I hope I'm not interrupting. I just couldn't help picking up on a new arrival. " he said after approaching the table. His gaze went between them, acknowledging both before speaking to Carth. "I also heard you say you were a pilot...It's nice to meet a fellow flyer."

He caught the Sith mention easily. Defnitely from home. What time period was the question. "I don't know very much either, but I don't think it's a Sith thing, no."

Jason Todd likes this.
  9. Carth Onasi

Carth Onasi Star Wars

Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Carth scowled as a stranger approached the table. He looked him over, taking in the outfit. It was familiar, but somehow different from what he was used to. He couldn't quite put his finger on what was different though. Still, he seemed obviously like a jedi.

"Nice t'know I wasn't the only one grabbed. Hope you weren't taken straight from the war, there's few enough of you out there as it is."

Jason Todd likes this.
  10. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Jedi
    Race:
    Force-sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Luke couldn't help being curious. He knew that the war mentioned could have been one of the wars of the distant past.

"Can I ask which war you mean? This place...it doesn't just pull people here from different worlds. It also brings us from different eras of time. I've already encountered quite a few people from home from different periods." he said.

"I was brought here after a war...about 14 years after...and it's true there weren't many of us around. But the war I'm referring to was the war against the Galactic Empire. It's being called the Galactic Civil War by my time. Is that the war you mean or was it a different war?"

Carth Onasi and Jason Todd like this.
  11. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    He was quiet as the man pondered his words, grinning as the other mentioned that he was going to need more beer. Then he was asking him why he would of been grabbed and Jason considered him a moment, wondering over his words, wondering why anyone was grabbed by the vines. He even wondered what a sith was, but it was in this moment someone else arrived at the table who seemed to have all the answers.

Jason eyed him in silence with his ice, blue eyes, before glancing towards his companion he could see a rather obvious distaste in the others eyes as the newcomer spoke. But then Carth was responding and Jason could not help but smirk, it seemed that his night was going to be interesting after all because these two definitely appeared to have some sort of history. Deciding the best thing for him to do in that moment was to keep quiet and listen he raised his beer to his lips and sipped again as the stranger responded to Carth's words, speaking of a war and referencing several others.

He raised an eyebrow before lowering his beer glass saying"Well your home sounds delightful.... With all these wars going on, remind me to say no if Pandora tries to send me there..." His voice was dripping with ironic, sassiness and then he glanced at the stranger continuing"You know, maybe you should mention who and what you are oh mystical, all knowing one.... Preferably you should do this before you start asking people personal questions... Why should my new friend answer them when he has no idea who you are?" Leaning back in his chair, Jason looked all casual confidence though currently he knew he was anything but that.

Carth Onasi likes this.
  12. Carth Onasi

Carth Onasi Star Wars

Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Carth glanced back at Jason. "It can do that?" Nice to have a name for the place. Pandora. It was far too powerful, whatever it was. Carth could only hope a few blasts could ward it off, and that was closer to a delusion than anything real considering how he'd ended up here. He hadn't even really had a chance to attempt to ward it off.

"Wars come and go. Beauty of living in such a big galaxy. The Republic is fairly peaceful, the Inner planets are untouched by the war for the most part. And it sounds like he came a couple decades later than me. Good to know that the Republic won."

Jason Todd likes this.
  13. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Jedi
    Race:
    Force-sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "I, uh...sorry about that." he said. "I should introduce myself though. My name is Luke... Luke Skywalker." And yeah, that's what it's called, Pandora. And yes...it's very unnerving at times, but it does that quite often, it seems."

"From what I know, yes...a lot of records have been lost by my time, though." he said. "I'm very curious to learn as much as I can about the galaxy's past. As for the Republic, a Sith Lord finally did cause its fall. I fought as a pilot and soldier against the Empire. But now his Empire is defeated and a New Republic has been built."

Jason Todd likes this.
  14. Carth Onasi

Carth Onasi Star Wars

Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    All the color in Carth's face drained away at Luke's last words. He'd...he'd thought his efforts meant something. That they would win. Sure, it was a pretty close call, but Revan was dead. They had taken out the tougher of the pair. Had Malak really managed to cause so much destruction and mayhem that he managed to shape the Republic into an Empire?

Shaking slightly he held tightly onto his glass, not even able to speak.

Jason Todd likes this.
  15. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Jason could not lie, he was enjoying how uncomfortable he appeared to make Luke with his words about introducing himself but instead of making a comment Carth was responding to his joking words about Pandora all to seriously. Jason simply raised an eyebrow, sipping at his beer and responding just as snarkily"Pandora does whatever it pleases, it pulls people in and out all over the show... No one really knows how it works..." Then as he was told that these two's galaxy wasn't as bad as it sounded and he smirked, wondering what these two would make of his world. He didn't say anything, simply tilted his head towards the stranger who now introduced himself as Luke, when he started talking.

It was interesting to hear about these other universes but he was not so fussed about what he had left behind, other than a couple of people he considered friends or family, the place however he could happily live without. Carth meanwhile had gone white like a sheet at the strangers words, Jason had not missed that and his ice, blue gaze watched in an interested manner before he spoke into the silence"Yes, definitely sounds delightful... Empires, Republics... Just the sort of talk that tell of a delightful galaxy with a working system... Or more like the harsh realities of life all in one reality...." Again the snarkiness was in not just his words but the tone of voice used and the way his ice, blue eyes glittered almost in cold amusement.

((OOC- Sorry it is short, rushed and a little crappy... Currently on vacation and overly tired.... xD))

Carth Onasi likes this.
  16. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Jedi
    Race:
    Force-sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Luke looked apologetic. "I'm sorry to have upset you that way." he said. "I know it's got to be a shock."

He sighed. "I do think the wars did bring out some good....I don't have a great knowledge of the records, but I know the Republic stood for thousands of years...even the last war before the Clone Wars was almost that long ago. It just...no one could have realized what Palpatine...Sidious...really was. Not even the Jedi. I was told they believed the Sith were extinct since ancient times. Sidious was a master manipulator and used it to the fullest advantage, along with his sheer power."

He had to nod at Jacen. "I suppose it's both. There are good things about it, and unfortunately, periods of chaos and troubles. All we can really hope is that the Republic we're bulding will manage to endure..." He, of course, had no way to know then of the oncoming problems with the Yuuzhan Vong and the harsh toll they would take, or the coming of another Sith who was his own nephew...followed all too fast by more wars and the takeover of Darth Krayt. Peace was far too rare in the galaxy, he did feel that.

Carth Onasi and Jason Todd like this.
  17. Carth Onasi

Carth Onasi Star Wars

Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Carth frowned. That didn't sound right. Clone Wars? He'd never heard of any war called that, and couldn't even think of a reason why such a name would be brought about. The names were utterly unfamiliar as well. He didn't know anyone by that name, whether military or otherwise. And the sith being extinct since ancient times?

The time gap between them suddenly felt larger than he could have imagined. Carth stole Jason's beer and quickly downed it, before waving for a bottle of ale to be brought to the table. "I am definitely not drunk enough for this conversation." First he was stolen by something called Pandora and dragged to an alien...world? dimension? What even was this place? Then he met someone who seemed like he might be from his universe, only to find that they were set so many years apart Carth didn't even know how to process the thought.

He straightened as a thought struck him. "Can you prove you're from...uh, my universe?" Maybe the guy was lying. A trap from Pandora.

Jason Todd likes this.
  18. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Luke was responding to them, apologising for upsetting Jason's new drinking buddy before going into more talk of republics, sith and wars. He even took Jason snark far to seriously for the young man's liking and Jason's smirk grew cold. Then he was responding with some sarcasm" Sounds delightful.... Except now you're both stuck here until Pandora's done with you, so none of this even matters anymore..." Before reaching for his drink once again deciding that if he drank he could at least not be expected to care but someone else's hand was already on the glass, pulling it away from him and Jason found himself watching as Carth down the remains of his beer.

His smirk changed to a scowl and he muttered"Not cool..." Before shifting to lean back in his seat saying to the newcomer"You owe me a beer... When you start earning money I'll make sure you pay up and you can trust that I won't forget, I have a long memory.." His ice blue eyes went to Luke and suddenly the smirk was back in place as Carth challenged him to prove he was from the same universe so Jason found his snark returning"Maybe he can prove it by getting the next round of beer... Because someone drank it all far to fast... " The snark was a joke and even as he said it the ale Carth had waved for arrived at the table. Yet his ice blue gaze held a curiosity within it, keen to know what Luke would actually do to prove this.

Carth Onasi likes this.