By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Stolen Moments

Discussion in 'Elysium' started by Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane Voltron: Legendary Defender

Paladin/Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    July 1st
    @Keith Kogane
    When exactly was a good time to talk to your best friend and kind of ex-boyfriend? Shiro hadn't really had the time between being alerted to Keith's sudden arrival, getting him the help he needed and then reluctantly agreeing to let him move to their home in Elysium so soon after he had landed. Of course he was more concerned with Keith returning to his full health above all else but... he still felt anxious considering there were so many differences between this Keith and the one who had disappeared a month or so ago. Still, with Keith coming home with them to Elysium it meant some things just never changed, like how he was impatient as ever to stop being looked after and get back on his feet. He no doubt felt useless in a hospital bed, god knows they all could relate to that feeling at one point or another, especially when they were so focused on being a team.

Shiro had distracted himself with other things as they brought Keith home, like the lion situation in Pandora now and what they were supposed to do with themselves. Did the return of Keith like this mean Zarkon was here? What about the Witch? The same Witch who Shiro never admitted turned up on his restless nights on more than one occasion. She plagued his mind, tortured and teased him with that cackle of hers and cryptic words that made him question his own memories, feelings even. Shiro made a mental note to apologise to Hunk later on for the amount of disturbances his failure at sleep brought, for it was always the yellow paladin there in the early hours of the morning already up and in the kitchen, as if he could sense the unrest in his friend.

Right now Hunk had just finished giving Keith the tour of the home, and in his distraction he had reailsed a moment too late that he must have seen Shiro's bedroom. Their bedroom. No one had told Keith about the relationship Shiro and another form of himself had made here in Pandora, there wasn't really the need nor time for it considering the other problems they had on their plate. He guessed it could be explained a little later. Shiro pushed himself up from the kitchen stool he had been sat on, his hand dragging over the cool counter top before he made his way over to the bottom of the stairs, glancing up them before he was dragging his feet up the stairs, feeling as though lead weights were tugging him down with each step.

Unable to shake the feeling that clung onto him since Keith's arrival, he figured nothing would solve it like asking the paladin himself about what was going on, what happened to him, who had caused him that much damage in the first place? Where were they now? What was the last thing Keith remembered and why was he so... big? When he reached the top of the stairs he walked across the landing towards his bedroom, stopping in the doorway as he found Keith standing by one of the small dressers, back turned to him. Clearing his throat to alert Keith of his presence, Shiro spoke up after a moment, leaning against the door frame with his arms folded over his chest.

"Hey... How you doing? Feeling a little better at least?"

Keith Kogane likes this.
  2. Keith Kogane

Keith Kogane Voltron: Legendary Defender

Race:
    1/2 Human, 1/2 Galra
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    It was a strange feeling, that idea that he was intruding somehow even after Hunk had told him this was his room -- one that he had shared with Shiro. A room that was filled with things that belonged to Shiro and Keith. But a different Keith. A Keith who had been pulled into Pandora from an earlier point in time; who had gone through stuff in Pandora, along with the others.

But he felt like a stranger in this room. Keith furrowed his brow, shutting the dresser drawer he had been idly looking through. Clothing that belonged to that other Keith; where the very clothes on his back must have been pulled from.

It was just a little small and tight, Keith tugging at the hem of the t-shirt where it kept riding up just a touch. Still slender, but just an inch or so taller and with more muscle than his older self.

Ugh, he really didn't want to go shopping for clothes.

But it was glint of metal that caught his eye -- a simple ring sitting, unacompanied, upon the top of the dresser. Keith, who had never worn jewelry in his life, reached out, brow furrowed, a finger brushing lightly over the band.

And then a sound from behind him and Keith turned to find Shiro in the doorway. Casual, at ease, posture familiar as he regarded the younger man.

Keith crossed his arms over his chest, eyes drifting off to the side. Something uneasy stirred inside of him. He knew what questions would be coming.

"Yeah, that place worked its magic." Literally, even. Though they hadn't been able to bring him to 100% for some reason or another. Fingers drifted up to the gauze still pressed over his cheek, the burn itching beneath it. That would scar.

"Just a lot to process," he admitted, glancing over at Shiro. Where to even start?

"Hunk told me we share this room." Which, honestly, hadn't surprised him any. There was only a limited number of rooms. Of course some of them would double up. But still...

"...Where am I sleeping?"

There was only one bed, after all.

3. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Paladin/Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Shiro noticed how the clothing seemed a little tight on Keith, a reminder that this was definitely an older Keith, one he didn't know in this world, not yet at least. Reminding himself that he at least knew part of the young man who was looking rather uncomfortable in front of him, Shiro plucked up his usual courage from god knows where he found it and took a step further into the room, his eyes glancing over the place as Keith spoke a little. He stopped a foot or so away from Keith, looking into those familiar eyes and then just across to the bandage on his cheek, wondering once more who had left him in such a terrible state as when he'd found him.

"Just take your time. Pandora is a whole trip on its own and will take some adjusting." The other paladins had had a long time sorting themselves out, well, the ones who had stayed the longest. That was himself, Pidge and Hunk, Land and Allura had been coming and going but Shiro had a feeling these two would stay for a while at least. And then there was Keith, who had been here the longest, until now, and was currently asking about their sleeping situation. Thanks Hunk. Rubbing the back of his head with his metal arm, Shiro gestured to the double bed and then slid his hands into the back pockets of his trousers, trying to seem nonchalant though he felt anything but.

"Actually we share the bed. Well we did. If that's not okay though I can sleep on the pull-out sofa downstairs. I... should probably do that anyway." Shiro murmured, stepping around Keith and sliding the ring he had spotted into the top drawer of the dresser, shutting it away and hesitating before he turned back around to face the familiar stranger once more.
    "I'll get you some new clothes too. Is there anything else you'd like from town in particular? You're more than welcome to come with me, though I'd rather you rested a little more." If he'd had his way he'd have insisted Keith stay at the hospital at least one more night, but he'd learned very early on in their relationship there was no winning with Keith when he had his mind set on something.

Keith Kogane likes this.
  4. Keith Kogane

Keith Kogane Voltron: Legendary Defender

Race:
    1/2 Human, 1/2 Galra
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    It was strange. Awkward even. A sensation that had no place when it was Keith and Shiro. Keith had left all traces of that awkwardness in the past when it came to Shiro. The man had gotten through to him in a way that no other had been able to.

And yet here they were.

Keith scratched absently at his bandaged cheek, the skin still puffy beneath, eyes wandering the room. Maybe it was like Shiro said. Pandora would take some adjusting, and this was just another part of it.

Getting to know this Shiro all over again, who had lived a life in a world that Keith did not know. At least his eyes didn't hold that haunting violet glow. That glow he saw whenever he drifted off, giving him no rest even in sleep.

But that wasn't Shiro.

Keith stubbornly pushed that image from his mind and focused on the Shiro here and now. The Shiro who was gesturing towards the bed. Their bed apparently. Shiro's and the other Keith's bed.

It was strange, feeling like he was walking in the shoes of another.

Of all the strangeness of the world though, Keith wasn't put off by the bed. He just rolled with it, while quietly accepting that maybe they just hadn't had enough money for another bed. But he didn't miss the way Shiro moved past him, or how he quietly moved the ring out of sight, into the privacy of a drawer.

Something that was personal to Shiro. Something he didn't want to share. Keith both wondered, but respected the man's privacy. He didn't push, though he was incredibly curious. He pushed down the questions, and instead focused on Shiro's own offer.

"I'll go with you," he declared, leaving no room for argument. "Believe me, I've had more than enough sitting around while stuck in the hospital." He would have checked himself out the day he'd awoken if it was possible.

But as it was, all that really bothered him now was that occasional itching on his cheek -- a constant reminder of what he'd left behind.

Keith was already at the door as he turned to lean against the frame, waiting for Shiro to join him. He tipped his head, considering the other man a moment. Shiro, who was so himself, and yet Keith couldn't deny there was something almost awkward in the air.

"But Shiro, it was your room first. If anybody should sleep on the pull-out it's me. But I don't mind sharing a bed for a while. It's no big deal." Just two close friends sharing the same space -- one of the few people Keith would ever have allowed to see him so vulnerable.

Whatever other possibilities there might have been, Keith did not dare think of them.

5. Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane

Paladin/Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Of course Keith was insisting on coming with him. Shiro sometimes was reminded of how stubborn the Galra were when they had a set goal and how eerily similar it was with Keith too. Well, not eerily anymore, now he knew what Keith's heritage was. ...Did current Keith know he knew that too? So many questions that Shiro decided to leave them behind for now, instead opening the cupboard with a small nod and pulling out a light jacket, the winter coat sliding over his shoulders and one hand adjusting his collar whilst the other shut the cupboard behind him. One of the old Keith's jackets was still in there. Shiro made a mental note to figure out what to do with it when they were back.

The elder paused by the doorway before he glanced back over his shoulder at Keith, a small sigh leaving his lips before he turned around to look at his friend properly.
    "I don't think I could share the bed with you at the moment. Its nothing you did, before you begin worrying, but I just- can't." Shiro admitted quietly, clearing his throat before he reached up one of his hands and beckoned his friend to come along with him.
    "Don't forget a jacket. Its warm but the evening is a little chilly sometimes. Or maybe its just me in my old age." The man added on, supposed to be for comedic affect but unsure of just how well it rubbed off on Keith.

Shiro headed out first, pausing before he raised his voice slightly to call back to Keith.
    "If you hurry I'll treat you to a meal." He smiled to himself at the thought. It was tough, tense around Keith for him sometimes, but it was nice having him back too. Better than nice. Keith was his rock, his safe place, new Keith and old, even if he didn't know him properly (yet) he couldn't help but feel a bit better whenever he was around him.

Keith Kogane likes this.